iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:46 AM   #1
Mizu
Snow GM

Default Konoha Jounin - Yoshiyuki Yuri

DESERT•ORCHID ___ YOSHIYUKI YURI

•••fight dirty. lie. cheat. steal. hide. charm. just make it happen.•••

Name: Yoshiyuki Yuri
Height: 1.89 m
Type: Shinobi

Appearance: His platinum blond hair hangs around his face, a reminder of his old life of long hair, late nights, and unsavory company. He has shrewd, calculating eyes, narrow, grey, and unfeeling. He has a manicured smile, polished and pretty on the inside, but ultimately unsettling. His skin is clean and smooth in complexion and has lips that are only slightly too full for his face, as though he were prone to pout about some injustice. His nose is long, dividing his symmetrical face but ultimately bringing attention back to his lips, which is right where he wants you looking.

Clothing: What he wears is entirely dependent on his motivations and responsibilities. He doesn't dress well to dress well, instead he uses it tactically. On a mission he will dress for speed and efficiency. On an information operation he would wears something elegant and sophisticated. Around the house he wears nothing but sweatpants. He will always have his blue cloth wrapped around his right ankle, along with his old headband. If it is suggested, he'll avoid it. If it's required, he'll concede.

Personality: We can start with what he's not. He is not sociopathic. He is not a rule breaker. He is not callous or shallow or moody. He is not angry or spiteful or hateful. He is also not consistent. There are times he will want to see justice carried out and though it seems petty and spiteful, to Yuri he is simply following the law. He is a gentle man for the most part, attuned to other's feelings. He simply chooses not to respond. Yes, some things are sad and life shouldn't be so hard, but until we change it at a systemic level and utilize the law, there isn't anything to be done. Snow was destroyed and that's a shame an entire country was wiped out. Law states it was necessary, ergo, legal. No room for morals and ethics if you're living as a proper citizen. He hasn't has a Genin team but thinks if assigned, he would excel. After all, Genin need order and instruction. They don't need sensitive coddling and handholding. He will lie, cheat, steal, seduce, murder, pillage, destroy, hide, and ruin if Konoha sanctions it. Once it is law, it is fair game. Similarly, secret objectives and black-ops are given precedent. Law of the Lords before the Law of the Land, Yuri says. He is very flirtatious by default.

Nindo: I'll do exactly what is required, nothing more, nothing less.

Archetype: Miracle Worker [Healer / Human Battery]
Merits: +3 Reserves, +2 Intelligence, +1 Power
Flaws: -2 Strength, -2 Speed, -2 Willpower
Primary: Mental
Secondary: Chakra
Tertiary: Physical

Statistics
Key
Base / Pool
Archetype
Taijutsu Bonuses
Account Points
Thread Points

INT: 1 +2 +19= 22
TCT: 1 +20= 21
WLP: 1 -2 +21= 20

PWR: 1 +1 +16= 18
CRL: 1 +18 +2= 21
RSV: 1 +3 +16= 20

STR: 1 -2 +5 +1= 5 +0
SPD: 1 -2 +22= 21 +10
STM: 1 +13 +1= 15 +8

Those Lacking Opacity
[1] Dance of Illusion
[2] Perfect Imitation
[2] Voice Manipulation
[3] Distance Hearing
[4] Overload
[5] Unseen Step
[5] Dimension Door
[6] Hiding with Camouflage

Medical Jutsu
[1] Medical Training
[1] Diesease Containment
[1] Forbidden Technique: Disease Propogation
[2] Fanged Tongue Acid
[3] Healing Hands Technique
[3] Medicine Creation
[3] Forbidden Technique: Dead Soul One
[4] Poison Creation
[4] Forbidden Technique: Departed Soul Memory Recollection
[5] Greater Disease Containment
[5] Forbidden Technique: Dead Soul Two

Hidden Sniper Bow and Arrow
[1] Stage One - +5 Speed, +4 Stamina
[2] Stage Two - +5 Speed, +4 Stamina

Inventory:
[0] Standard Shinobi Kit
[3] Longbow

Biography:

A Letter Of Recommendation
Quote:
Yuri is an excellent shinobi and would be a fine addition to the ninja community as an upstanding Jounin. He is not one to brag, but luckily, he has a mentor who will gladly do so. Yuri hold an impressive success rate on missions and clearly excels in espionage, tactics, and information gathering. He displays an even temperament in strenuous situations and is well versed in charm theory and confidence tricks. He is an emotional grifter with a strict set of internalized rules. He follows orders, sometimes too literally, and is knowledgeable of both shinobi law and general regulations.

He has absolutely no qualms about anything of the "sticky" things we must do for the sake of our country because if his country sanctions it, he views it as perfectly acceptable. His morals are completely aligned with Konoha. Because he also follows general law, he is deeply devoted to Konoha, but not blindly allegiant.

You would do very well to promote Yuri. If you need further proof, check out his latest mission. He was only a chuunin. How many other chuunin can say they took out an entire drug cartel?

Mission Report
Quote:
I, Yoshiyuki Yuri, report a successful outcome on the undercover operation in the South. Mission details were previously classified, but at the behest of counsel I am required to oblige. I was required to pose as a small time criminal in the southern towns in an effort to attract attention from the Red Quaill Cartel. I picked a high ranking members wallet and returned it later, apologizing. I explained that I figured out the owner and was very apologetic about the incident. As expected, the man was mad but recognized my talent and asked if I were looking for work. As per mission requirements, I said yes and joined the ranks.

In the six years I've been working this case, I have seen some tremendous criminal activity and as instructed, sent messages back to Konohagakure. Without clear directives in return I was forced to make executive decisions. I became Mr. Quaill's second lieutenant after five years and spent the next year working closely to gain his complete confidence.

Dismantling the operation was simple enough. I turned his officers against each other, continuously feeding them rumors about rival dealings. After they began to take each other out one by one, they came to rely on me as their personal spy. I would convince each one I was loyal to their side and as a token of friendship, I would find out what others were planning. Anytime an officer dies, I would command them to rise through Forbidden Arts (though not Forbidden in this mission) and pitted them against each other. My hands were clean and I had plenty of witnesses viewing the various deaths.

Finally, I pulled Mr. Quaill into his office, found out where he held his ledger through "alternative means" and stopped his heart with a paralytic poison. Then I harvested his organs and sent them via courier to the nearest hospital. For science.

A Note on Your Chuunin
Quote:
Quote:
Sensei,

Gods, it's strange to say that to you after all these years. I am writing this to you in the hopes that you will politely petition the Kage and have Yuri stripped of his supposed chuunin promotion. I have seen his arrogance and disregard firsthand and believe him to be wholly unsuited to the rigor and standards of a fitting chuunin.

He has proven himself in missions, yes, but he let an entire village burn to the ground because his "orders" were to save the townspeople and not to save the town itself. He has drastic oversights and lapses of judgment. He follows the missions to a letter and refuses to go above and beyond in any official capability. I can't fathom how we would give him praise and accolades for a mediocre job. He does the bare minimum and gets by casually with that arrogant smirk and lackadaisical glances. He is an embarrassment to our kind.

Regretfully,
Your First and Favorite Student
Sir,

We intercepted this letter. Should we inform the student of the secret objectives of the mission or let him continue the tirade?

I do find it interesting that this man was on the mission roster with Yoshiyuki and wasn't aware we needed that town razed. To have an entire mission be such a stellar victory and not have even his teammates know his mission parameters is both exciting from a standpoint of national security and slightly off putting. We never specified he was to inform his teammates but it was implied by precedent.

He's interesting, with your blessing, I'll continue to monitor Yoshiyuki in the future.

Exciting times!
Kobame Reatsu

Concerned Demands
Quote:
If you're going to have him learn medical jutsu, at least let me tutor him in a hospital or something. All this talk of medical training for the betterment of his capabilities is nonsense. We train people to heal! Yuri-kun seems more interested in playing with cadavers and utilizing medical knowledge to harm. I'm afraid he's going to get his hands on Forbidden scrolls and begin necromancy. Absolutely baffling. Please encourage him to continue his studies with me, the medical profession is a true beacon of a civilized nation. He keeps utilizing shadows and secrets and he should be healing.

I even witnessed him practicing sealing diseases. I thought that was great and encouraged him. He merely nodded and said, truly he said this, "Diseases will come in handy when I need information or to take out a target."

That boy is a MONSTER but it's not too late. This young Genin can still turn his life around and save lives... not take them.

Thank you.

Diary Entry
Quote:
Mom and Dad,

Thank you for the gift. I appreciate the money and can use it to pay for extra classes and rent. The room I am staying in is pretty nice! I know you haven't been to visit because you two are so busy on the Island researching. I don't mean I want you to come out here just to see me, but I'd be pretty happy to see you two again. It's been four years in the Academy and I learned a bunch, I'm going to excel here and make a name for myself. Like you always said, everything for Konoha!

I was also writing to ask that maybe you could make it out here in two months, that's when I'm graduating the Academy and becoming a legitimate Genin. I can't wait for those missions. I'll be a spy. Or maybe a warrior? It's going to be fun.

For Konoha!
Yuri.

Fine, You Win
Quote:
Fine. Asshole. You win. Happy? Our son is going to grow up to be some tool for the Kage to use. Some machine of death and destruction. That's all on your head. You taught him to love this country and now we're seeing the consequences of it all. I never wanted a shinobi for a son. Never. We made that abundantly clear.

To go behind my back and enroll him in the Academy? You're not the man I married. I will never want to look you in the face again. By the time you find this, I'll be gone. Continue your pathetic research knowing some day we will outlive our boy. This is on your head.

I left the ring on your bed. You can explain why mommy won't be around in the future.

I hope you choke,
Your Biggest Nightmare
Mission Log:
[02/23/17] Character Creation [+3 Jutsu AP: 1.5 Hidden Sniper Levels]
[05/01/17] An Awkward Gait [+2 Control, Dimension Door]
[06/23/17] Vindictive Hamza [+1 Stamina, +1 Strength, Hiding with Camouflage]

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Last edited by Mizu; 06-24-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
Mizu
Snow GM

OH, REALLY?i

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 03-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Wess
Hardcore Member

Before I get any further, you can't spend more than 3 AP on a stat without using an AP breaker.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:31 AM   #4
Mizu
Snow GM

Yes. Don't know how I missed that. Changed it to one in stamina as well. How bou dah?

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
Wess
Hardcore Member

Okay, my bad, I should have pointed this out last night. But I was distracted lol. First, I need you to mark which Jutsu you purchased using AP. Then I need you to adjust his taijutsu. With this character having physical as his tertiary block, he has to buy taijutsu stages at 2 points per stage.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #6
Mizu
Snow GM

Back from the days when he was a physical secondary death doctor. Changed the jutsu but didn't adjust for the increased cost. I could afford it with AP but I'll save it.

The jutsu AP note is in his bio. I'm not going to muck up his sheet because of character creation jutsu. The thread ratings note should suffice.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 03-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #7
Wess
Hardcore Member

I'll go ahead and half this, unless whoever is in charge of Leaf now wants to you to add a little more to his jounin promotion.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

4 str? Does he even lift bruh? Half'ed

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Old 03-18-2017, 08:38 PM   #9
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Alright... I think I'm back now. And this character sheet is missing something... unless I missed it and that's an item section. And the only reason I bring it up is because of the tai style of choice is a weapon style. Fix that and I'll swoop back in with an approval and what not.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Old 03-24-2017, 04:07 AM   #10
Mizu
Snow GM

Added a longbow.
In theory his inventory will be changing every thread since he's specially designed to be a spynobi. But it does make sense to make sure he has a bow.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM