iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Default [HARI] - Furude Eri

"The Colossus"
Furude Eri

~3 AP Used at Creation~

Sex: F
Height: 5'5"
Country/Village: Sand
Division: [HARI] - Team Sensei

Physical Description

In what has come to be known as a funny quip, Eri's appearance is a stark contrast from the brutish nature of her nickname. Perhaps it's her shy and reserved attitude, which often give rise to aloof and cute mannerisms. Perhaps it's her eyes; one a beautiful and deep azure, the other a bright and piercing pear. Whatever the case may be, only one word truly sums up Furude Eri.

Adorable.

Long blonde hair flows gently down, neatly framing her soft face. A slight blush adorns her always rosy cheeks, giving a hint of color to an otherwise pale complexion. Her eyes; though already mentioned they certainly bear repeating, as many identify them as Eri's most distinct and beautiful feature. Her right eye is as blue as a clear summer sky, a truly gentle and soft color. Her left, in contrast, is a sharp and piercing green, reminiscent of sharp blades of grass. The juxtaposition of these two magnificent colors creates a truly dazzling image, one many get lost in upon meeting the woman whether for the first or hundredth time.

Her style is fairly plain, as she often seen wearing a simple, black track jacket which adheres nicely to her slender figure. In the heat of the desert, she is usually found with it roughly half unzipped, sporting usually nothing more than a white tube top underneath. She also generally wears a longer length tennis skirt, which sits roughly halfway up her leg from her knee. Necessity generally trumps style in her line of work, but Eri has found a nice compromise, in her eyes at least, between comfort and chic. Her outfit is completed by her Hitai-ate tied neatly around her neck, proudly displaying the emblem of her country for all to see.

Personality

Truthfully, in order to accurately describe Furude Eri, one would have to draw the comparison to a coin. A single object with two very distinct faces.

On one face is the Eri that most know and recognize as her true self. In social settings she tends to be timid and almost painfully shy. In fact, one could go an entire outing without hearing Eri voice her opinions at all. Countless times she has found herself opening her mouth to speak, but finding no words to articulate. Still, despite the awkward silences that tend to follow her wherever she may go, Eri greatly enjoys the company of others; due in no small part to her magnanimous and benevolent attitude. Loyal and generous to a fault, Eri truly has many great qualities that define the jounin as one of the more empathetic and caring citizens of Sunagakure.

Perhaps Eri's greatest quality, if one were to qualify them, would be that she is incredibly maternal; she possesses a deep love and appreciation for any and all who fall under her care. Among her peers, she is undoubtedly the "Mom of the group"; always making sure to take every precaution to ensure that her friends and companions are always happy, safe, and prosperous. Truly, Eri's greatest pleasure in life is watching one of her peers or her students achieve the success they had been longing and working for. She is constantly encouraging others, and though her timid personality may not show it, is always ready to give advice and be there for others when needed.

She is also extremely protective of those she holds dear, often times being the first to jump to the aid or defense of those she cares about, even sometimes if it means protecting them from themselves. Often, when her comrades may let their inhibitions go and engage in more...hedonistic activities, Eri can be seen somewhere close by, monitoring the situation with a frustrated scowl. However, make no mistake, if her friends are later unable to take care of themselves, Eri will be right there to make sure they arrive at home safe and sound. Truly, the rare nights where Eri herself engages in these acts are frightening, though exhilirating ones indeed.

All in all, Eri possesses a magnificent heart, and it's obvious why many tend to view her as one of their most loyal companions.

On the flip side of the coin, however...

As is the case with many, when what she loves comes under fire Eri's personality tends to shift. What is not particularly common about Eri, however, is the intensity and degree of this shift. In fact, referring to it as a 'shift' is a heinous understatement; a different entity entirely seems to take hold over Eri, and this entity was most certainly not born from the same mold as she. Gone is her calm and timid disposition, replaced instead with a fiery rage that can not and will not be quelled until the focus of her wrath is obliterated. Particularly, when her students' safety is at stake, the Eri that appears is almost demonic in nature. Like a mother grizzly protecting her cubs, she abandons any form of restraint and focuses entirely on eradicating the danger before her, all for the sake of her young. Few have seen this side of Eri, but those that have are sure to never forget this tempest of fury.

Archetype: Sentinel
Combo Special: Once per thread, the Sentinel may block against a technique one stage higher than indicated by their defensive technique. This does not boost Stage Six techniques to be able to block Stage Seven.

Archetype Merits: +2 Power, +2 Intelligence, +1 Control, +1 Tactics
Archetype Flaws: -3 Strength, -1 Stamina, -1 Power, -1 Tactics

-----------------------------------

Statistics
Sentinel - S
Reflect All Force - RAF

Physical (Secondary - 50)

Strength: 1 -3(S) +17 +5(TP)=20 +10(RAF)
Speed: 1 +13 =14 +10(RAF)
Stamina: 1 -1(S) +20 +2(TP) =22 +25(RAF)

Mental (Tertiary - 40)

Intelligence: 1 +2(S) +13 +1[AP]=17
Tactics: 1 +13 =14
Willpower: 1 +14 =15

Chakra (Primary - 58)
Sacrificing 2 Stat Points for 4 WP
Power: 1 +1(S) +19 =21
Control: 1 +1(S) +18 +1(TP*)=21
Reserves: 1 +21 =22

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:

Reflect All Force

Stages 1-5 (F1-4)
Requirements: 22 Stamina, 20 Strength, 14 Speed, 14 Tactics, 2 Intelligence
Cumulative Bonuses: +10 Strength, +10 Speed, +25 Stamina

Special Techniques:
[F5] Name: Chakra Coating Shield Technique
Requirements: Power 10, Control 10, Reserves 8

[F6] Name: Chakra Edge
Requirements: Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13

Glass Ninjutsu

Stage 1
[F7] Name: Hari Seisakusho (Glass Works)
Requirements: Power 2, Willpower 2

Stage 2
[F8] Name: Giragira Tekidan (Glare Grenade)
Requirements: Intelligence 6, Willpower 5, Control 5

Stage 3
[F9] Name: Hari no Yoroi - Karui (Armour of Glass - Minor)
Requirements: Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6

Stage 4
[F10] Name: Hari Shunshin (Glass Instantaneous Body)
Requirements: Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Intelligence 12

[F11] Name: Hari no Yoroi - Juuyou (Armour of Glass - Major)
Requirements: Power 14, Control 13, Reserves 11, Willpower 10

[TP] Kyuuten no Ikari (Anger of the Heavens)
Requirements: Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13, Intelligence 14

Stage 5
[F12] Name: Koukiaru Kabe (Shine Wall)
Requirements: Power 17, Control 17, Reserves 16, Intelligence 15

[TP] Name: Hari Midika (Glass Familiar)
Requirements: Power 18, Control 17, Reserves 17 Willpower 14

Stage 6
[TP] Name: Aegis of the Colossus
Replacing: Mure no Kyouran (Fury of the Swarm)
Requirements: Power 21, Control 20, Reserves 19, Intelligence 17, Willpower 15

Sand Ninjutsu

Stage 1
[F13] Name: Suna Kojinmari (Sand Compaction)
Requirements: Power 3, Tactics 2

[F14] Name: Tsuchi no Kaishin (Conversion of Earth)
Requirements: Power 4, Control 4

Stage 2
[F15] Name: Suna Same (Sand Shark)
Requirements: Intelligence 6, Willpower 5, Control 5

Stage 3
[F16] Name: Suna Kyuutai (Sand Sphere)
Requirements: Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6

[F17] Name: Suna Kawarimi (Sand Replacement)
Requirements: Intelligence 9, Willpower 9, Control 7

Stage 4
[F18] Name: Suna no Guuzou (Idol of Sand)
Requirements: Intelligence 14, Willpower 13, Tactics 11, Control 10

Stage 5
[AP] Name: Suna Ryuu (Sand Dragon)
Requirements: Power 17, Control 16, Reserves 16, Intelligence 15

Stage 6
[AP] Name: Shadow of the Colossus
Replacing: Kyoubou Suna Arashi (Raging Sandstorm)
Requirements: Power 21, Control 20, Reserves 19, Intelligence 17, Willpower 15

---------------------------------

Inventory - 12WP:

Unique Shield - Left Arm of the Colossus - 12
A truly wicked shield of Eri's own design, this shield was created in order to not only offer substantial protection, but also enable Eri to engage in many offensive tactics as well. The shield has a number of weapons built into it, including a large spike in the front, metallic claws that can pierce or rend flesh, as well as a hidden launcher which spews forth a barrage poisoned needles. A portion of it is also hollow and is normally filled with sand to act as a catalyst for many of Eri's techniques. The shield itself generally remains attached to the limb armor in one set piece, however, it can be detached to allow Eri to hurl the shield at a distance.
- Shield (3)
- Combined - Gourd (0)
- Combined - Tanto (1)
- Combined - Small Ballistics/Needle Launcher (1)
- Needles coated in Hallucinogenic Poison (2)
- Combined - Hand Weapon (2)
- Combined - Limb Armor (1)
- Returning [the shield portion] - (2)
Shinobi Kit - 0

-----------------------------------------

I

Quote:
Tape 0992 – Interview: Furude Eri – Present Day [age 27]

“Well, thank you for meeting with us Furude-san. Though, they tell me you are known among your peers now by a…special name. Shall I address you as that instead?”

“Oh…”

“Furude Eri. A.k.a. ‘The Colossus’, is it not?”

“…”

“Wahaha, now now Furude-san, are you blushing? There is no need to be embarrassed! I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews from your comrades. The name is nothing more than a reflection of your exceptional ability.”

“…Yes…”

“Haha, I apologize if that made you uncomfortable. But again, we are just conducting this interview to get a grasp on how our people are doing after…Well, after ‘recent events’.”

“…”

“I can imagine it can’t be easy for you. I just want you to know we are here to help. We are all grieving as a Village, there’s no reason for you to shoulder this alone. If you ever need to talk about it, know that we are here to help.”

“…Thank you.”

“Of course. Now I have to apologize, because this next part will almost certainly be painful to recall, but you understand. We are just assessing where everyone involved is at. If you at any point need a moment, we certainly understand. Just let us know.”

“…Yes.”

“Very well. Let’s begin. Six months ago, there was an attack conducted on our Academy, the Academy where you taught. Do you mind talking about it?”

“…”

“Furude-san, I understand it’s a sensitive topic but--“

“No…I understand, sir…The attack on the Academy…it was…horrible…”

"Please, continue."

"...Actually...um...may...may I have a minute?"

"Of course."

*Click*

*Click*

"T-thank you. Yes...the attack. I was teaching...it was a normal day. We...we were covering ninjutsu. Basic chakra manipulation when...when there was a loud noise."

"And this noise, do you happen to recall what it was?"

"A loud bang...and then lots of screaming. There...there was so much screaming."

"What were they screaming about? Could you make out any words?"

"...Gas..."

"And then?"

"I...I didn't want to waste time..."

"And you moved into action."

"...yes."

"Please, elaborate."

"The children...their faces...they were scared. So scared. I remember them crying..."

"And what happened next?"

"I called to them...I-I had them huddle close."

"And you sealed yourself. Sand sphere, am I correct?"

*Nod*

"Quick thinking, Furude-san."

"I-I just wanted to protect them. The screams...they kept going. People outside kept shouting...and then..."

"Then what?"

"...nothing..."

"Excuse me?"

"T-there was nothing. No noise...no screams. J-just silence...and my kids. Confused. Crying."

"How long did you stay in the sphere?"

"...I-I don't know."

"Well how did you know when to break it?"

"Eventually...I heard sounds. It sounded like talking, not screaming."

"The recovery team?"

"Y-yes. The sphere...it was...compact...we were losing air quickly...Some of the students stopped crying, they were...quiet. And I...I had to keep focused, otherwise it would break."

"But when the team showed up, they were able to administer the proper care. Furude-san, you saved those students. Without you there, who knows how many more we could have lost."

"..."

"Furude-san, I've watched you grow so much over these years. From a young genin to a marvelous assistant to one of the best teachers we have seen come through the academy in quite some time."

"..."

"Sand owes you a great deal of debt. You've poured your heart and soul into raising the next generation of shinobi, ensuring that they have every opportunity to become the great warriors you know they can be."

"..."

"I know it's soon, perhaps too soon even. But Sand needs you once again to lead a new generation."

"...I..."

"I trust you've heard of Enzan-sama's new initiative?"

"Y-yes. Spartoi."

"Yes. The Iron Flower Generation. The first students to graduate after that fateful attack. Furude-san, you're a talented shinobi. But you are perhaps an even more talented teacher. We need someone like you, someone that can bring out the best in students, to lead this new group into the future."

"..."

"Furude-san? Sand is calling upon you."

"I-I...I understand."

"Furude-san. You have so much to be proud of. You've saved the lives of countless students, watched them grow, watched them succeed. I understand you've suffered great losses, but know this. Sand would not be the same place without you. There is no one I, or Enzan-sama for that matter, would rather have watching out for this new generation of shinobi."

"...thank you, sir."

"Now, with that said, we do recognize all that you have been through. The Academy graduation ceremony is in 10 days. You are free to take leave until then, to recharge, regroup. After that begins your new role. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

"And don't worry about the children. Your colleague Nevin-san has personally overseen their progression to this point. You can expect them to be in great shape."

"..."

"Well, then. If there's nothing more that needs to be said, I believe we can conclude this interview. Thank you again for your participation in the Spartoi Initiative."

"...yes, sir."

"Oh and Furude-san?"

"...?"

"On behalf of Sand. Thank you, for all that you've done. The next generation will be in good hands."
II

Quote:
Tape 0956 – Jounin Interview: Furude Eri – 6 months ago [age 26]

“Furude-san, before we start, I just want to say thank you for meeting with us today. I understand this is a sensitive time for you.”

“O-of course, sir.”

“My deepest condolences go out to you and your family. Your brother’s…Ryusei-kun’s sacrifice will not go unrecognized. Know that he died a valiant warrior.”

“Yes…thank you very much. It’s just…I still can’t comprehend it. He’s really…he’s really gone.”

“Again my deepest condolences, were the two of you close?”

“Ryusei and I? We…well it’s…was…complicated I guess. He was just…he wasn’t the Ryusei I knew. He was just…it’s complicated.”

“I understand; shall we move on?”

*Nod*

“Very well. Now, going back to before the jailbreak. About a year ago, Enzan-sama established the three new divisions and you submitted your application for HARI, is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“It even included a glowing recommendation from Tomonaga-sensei, though calling it glowing may be an understatement. He certainly thought highly of your ability to guide the next generation.”

“I owe Tomonaga-sensei a great deal of gratitude. He made me into the shinobi I am today.”

“Quite a fine shinobi, I must add. It seems that many of your students have gone on to do quite amazing things. Tabuchi-kun has become one of the most respected practitioners of sand ninjutsu in his class, and Kawaue-san’s physical prowess is unmatched. You certainly know how to draw talent out of those around you.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“There’s no questioning your fit within HARI, is there? Tomonaga-sensei claims you are one of the best teaching assistants he has ever had. ‘Absolutely dedicated to the betterment of each and every student she has the pleasure of instructing. She has even sacrificed her own time to instruct those who were not specifically assigned to be under her tutelage.’ It seems you care greatly about our future, Furude-san. I must commend you on that attitude.”

“…Thank you.”

“Well, Furude-san. Again, I know that this is a tough time for you, but your dedication to the students in the academy certainly does not go unnoticed. I hate to go back to that incident, but I understand that many families have you to thank for their children returning home safely on the night of the jailbreak.”

“Oh…that’s. That’s nice.”

“You know, there are many parents out there who consider you their savior.”

“…I didn’t do anything.”

“Your actions, and particularly your fierce defense of the academy students, was exactly what Enzan-sama had in mind when he established the HARI division. I’d say you performed rather admirably.”

“…no. No I didn’t. I couldn’t save…him. Ryusei is…gone. But…then again, he’s been gone. The boy that showed up at the academy…that wasn’t Ryusei. That wasn’t my brother. I didn’t save him. I left him…I left him behind with…them.”

“…I see…”

“I couldn’t save him. I couldn’t save him because I’m the one that caused his pain.”

“Furude-san…”

“They didn’t show up. To his funeral…they didn’t show up. I was the only one there. To their own child’s funeral they didn’t…I was the only family Ryusei had. And I abandoned him. I’m no savior. I didn’t save him, I hurt him.”

“Furude-san. You may not be able to see it, but you are a hero. To all those kids, to all those families. I’m deeply sorry you couldn’t save your brother, but there are many, many people who get to continue living because of you.

“…”

"Furude-san...your techniques have saved countless lives, surely you must be able to see that. Not just from this most recent tragedy, but during the course of the entire war with the priests."

"..."

"You disagree?"

"No...no sir. It's just...after everything. After all the pain caused by the priests. After all the suffering they caused us...we finally had a moment of celebration, sir. We were happy...and then..."

"And then this?"

"...yes..."

"Furude-san, the battle with the Suna no Soushoku is at long last settled. Enzan-sama has led us past that enemy; past a truly dark period in our history, and into a future that we can all truly be proud of..."

"No...of course. I'm glad that part is over, sir. It's just that...we were finally happy...and in one instant...it all gets taken away. Everything gets taken away."

"Furude-san. Someday we will get to celebrate. And when that time comes, know that many in the crowd cheering our country's successes will only be there because of you. You are a hero in their eyes, and the eyes of Suna as well."

"...yes, sir."

And never forget, Furude-san. Ryusei-kun. He's a true hero as well. One who gave the ultimate sacrifice for his country.”

“…”

“Again, I certainly recognize that it is a difficult time, but we must proceed to the main purpose of this interview. Ahem…In recognition of your valor during these trying times, it is my pleasure to bestow upon you the title of Jounin of Sunagakure, along with the official promotion within HARI which that entails. On behalf of Enzan-sama and the Sand Council, we hope you accept this prestigious position. Congratulations, Furude-san. There are certainly few more deserving than you.”

“…thank you, sir.”

“I know that it must be hard. I don’t know exactly what kind of relationship you and your brother had, but I have to believe that he would’ve been proud of your achievement.”

“…”

“Well, once again, congratulations. We can conclude this interview now, unless you’d like to continue.”

“I...no, that’s okay. Thank you, sir.”
III

Quote:
Tape 0721 – Chuunin Interview: Furude Eri – 9 years ago [age 18]

“Furude-chan, it is wonderful to see you again, how have you been?”

“Fantastic, sir. Graduation day has always been one of my favorite days of the year. I get so excited looking at the new genin; seeing how far they’ve come and where their lives will take them.”

"Yes, graduation day. It certainly is a welcome relief from the trials encompassing our Country."

"Yes, very much so sir."

"The conflict with the priests threatens much, but it is in times such as this we must stay strong. Showing fear would only let our enemies know their acts of terrorism were effective. It's good to still celebrate our successes within the Village."

"I agree, sir. These children have worked so hard to get to where they are; there's no reason that hard work should go unrecognized."

“Well put. Besides, I understand there’s a particular genin graduating this year that’s very special to you.”

“Yes, sir; It’s Ryusei-kun’s big day!”

“Well, then let me be the first to say congratulations. I know you must be one proud big sister.”

“Yes sir I am!”

“From what I can tell, he graduated with very high marks. Much like his sister, hahaha.”

“Yes, he was always working very hard. I'm happy to see him do so well!”

“Did you get to teach him any tricks? I’m sure not many of his fellow students had a resource like you at their disposal.”

“Oh…unfortunately I didn’t really. Ryusei was always so…busy. He didn’t really have the time to see me.”

“Oh? That’s a shame. I’m sure he could’ve learned a lot.”

“Well, he found his own way I guess. I worry about him, he’s always working so hard and so focused, I hope he’s making friends as well. It’s very important to make bonds!”

“Very well put, Furude-chan. I hope Ryusei-kun is succeeding at that as well. Now, I believe the last time we spoke was after your promotion, is that correct? I know it’s in the past, but I’d like to congratulate you once again.”

“Thank you, sir. It’s an honor.”

“If I’m not mistaken, you’ve since been assigned under Tomonaga sensei?”

“That’s correct.”

“And how are you liking that assignment?”

“Tomonaga sensei is an incredible teacher; I’ve already learned so much in the short time I’ve spent under his care.”

“You are his assistant, correct? Have you had a chance to interact with his students?”

“More than just interact, sir. Tomonaga sensei has had me conduct many training sessions with the genin.”

“Excellent! Remind me again Furude-san, who all is in that team?”

“Well there is Tabuchi-kun, Kawaue-chan, and Marie-chan. All three are making great strides in their training! I’m optimistic that they will all be great shinobi someday.”

“I’m sure they will be. They certainly have an amazing instructor.”

“Yes, Tomonaga-sensei truly brings the best--"

“I was referring to you, Furude-chan.”

“…Oh. Oh I don’t know about--"

“Hahaha, no need to be modest Furude-chan. I’ve spoken in detail with all the instructors and your name repeatedly comes up as one of great potential. You should be proud, your work with the future generation hasn’t gone unnoticed. Especially in such...trying times.”

“T-thank you sir.”

“I’m certain it won’t be long until you have your very own team of genin. Tell me, have you considered where your career interests lie?”

“Well…”

“?”

“Honestly, sir. I would love to lead a team, I really would. But if I had a choice…”

“What would that choice be?”

“I would really love to stay in the academy, sir.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, sir. To teach all of the children of Sunagakure would be my dream. To be able to watch them all grow and choose their own paths to success. That would be incredible!”

“Hahaha, that’s certainly an admirable dream Furude-chan! I will be sure to make a note of that. A few more years under Tomonaga sensei’s instruction and I’m sure that dream could easily become a reality.”

“Do you mean it, sir?”

“Of course! It’s like I said, you have great potential Furude-chan. You passing your skills and knowledge onto our youth would be a gift that Suna would never turn down.”

“Wow, thank you so much, sir!”

“Just keep working hard, and I’m sure that day will come sooner rather than later.”

“Yes, sir. I won’t let you down.”

“Well then, that’s all I had for today. Thank you again for coming in Furude-chan. I look forward to seeing your path to success in the future.”
IV

Quote:
Tape 0678 – Chuunin Interview: Furude Eri. – 10 years ago [age 17]

"Furude-chan, thank you for coming in today. Please, take a seat."

"Of course, sir! It's good to see you again!"

"Yes well...It's always a pleasure to speak with you. However, for now I wish we could meet under different circumstances."

"Sir?"

"I trust by now word of the attack has spread amongst you and your peers."

"Ah..."

"Furude-chan. I understand that this is frightening. This is a confusing time for all of us."

"No, it's not that sir it's...Honestly, I don't know much about what's happened. Just rumors, here and there and well...they're all horrible, sir."

"I see. Well, Furude-chan perhaps I can help. Tell me, what do you know?"

"Well sir, I know that Ashinakamura village was attacked. They're a small town, not many people there. I've heard everyone is...gone. Rumors are flying all over the place about who did it. Some say it was Iwagakure. Is that true, sir? Did Stone really do this? Are we at war?"

"Well for the most part, you're correct Furude-chan. It's only been terrible news coming from Ashinakamura. Two of our agents have reported large scale destruction coming from the tiny village, and it would appear from first inspection that there are indeed no survivors."

"T-that's horrible sir. But who would do such a thing? Ashinakamura was a peaceful town! Who would attack them? Why would they attack them?"

"It was a declaration, Furude-chan. A declaration of war."

"So it was Iwa...but why? Why would the--"

"No...not Stone. A group far more sinister in nature. Tell me have you heard of the Suna no Soushoku?"

"N-no sir. Never."

"They are a small sect of religious zealots, dedicated wholly to their 'god'."

"Zealots?"

"Ah...fanatics. They will stop at nothing to accomplish their goals, even if it means attacking peaceful villages such as Ashinakamura. Their intentions have been made clear."

"?"

"Though we don't know their ultimate ,goal, we do know one thing. They have attacked our people, our way of life. Sand will not be standing idly by. We will be striking back."

"Sir?"

"Yes Furude-chan?"

"Why tell me all this?"

"Because, Furude-chan. This is a crisis the likes of which our country has not seen for quite some time. We need more individuals with your strength, your courage to face this foe. I wish the situation were not so dire, that we could afford you a proper ceremony, but...You are hereby appointed as a Chuunin of Sunagakure."

"Oh...t-thank you, sir."

"Furude-chan, I understand that it is difficult to celebrate such an accomplishment at such a trying time, but know that this promotion did not go undeserved. You are a tremendous shinobi; your team leader is constantly singing praises of your ability and your heart. You have earned this title, and Sunagakure has every bit of confidence that you will uphold everything that it represents."

"Of course, sir. Thank you very much! I will not let you down!"

"Furude-chan. I will not lie to you. We are about to come upon some very, very difficult times."

"I understand, sir."

"You have done so well up till now. Please, continue to be strong, be brave, so that we can defend our Country and its people."

"Yes, sir!"

"Thank you Furude-san. That will be all today, you're dismissed. Congratulations once again on a job truly well done."
V

Quote:
Tape 0678 – Genin Interview: Furude Eri. – 14 years ago [age 13]

“Furude-chan! It is certainly a pleasure to see you today, how are you doing?”

“Fantastic, sir! May I ask how you are as well?”

“Always so polite Furude-chan. I’m doing wonderful, thank you for asking. My, you certainly seem energized today.”

“Well of course, sir! Today’s the big day after all!”

“Yes it is, isn’t it? Today’s the day you set out into the world, today’s the day you become a true shinobi. Tell me, Furude-chan, are you excited?”

“Excited?! Of course, sir! This is the best day of my life!”

“Hahaha, I’m glad to hear that Furude-chan. I’ve reviewed all of your scores from your time in the academy and I must commend you on a job very well done. These are very, very high marks!”

“Thank you, sir! I really tried my best. It was a lot of hard work!”

“You most certainly rose to the challenge. How did you like the graduation ceremony?”

“I enjoyed it very much, sir! The fireworks at the end were beautiful!"

"Hahaha, I'm glad! Though, I didn't see your parents in attendance Furude-chan. Were they unable to make it? It's your big day after all!"

“Oh, it’s ok. They probably had to take care of Ryusei-kun, I don’t mind!”

“Ryusei-kun, your little brother, correct?”

“Yes sir! He’s…he’s back home still. I wonder how it must be for him sometimes…”

“What do you mean by that Furude-chan?”

“Oh you know, sir. He must be so lonely, stuck in that house, alone with no one. I mean we were inseparable!”

“What about your parents Furude-chan?”

“They’re there too, sir.”

“Hmm, ok. You’re worried about him then?”

“Well…I’m just anxious for him to get into the academy too, sir. Then we can be together again! Ooh, maybe I could even teach him a few tricks!”

“What a great attitude! When the time comes, I’m sure your brother will benefit greatly from your knowledge. How old is he anyways, Furude-chan?”

“He’s six, sir. So only a few years until he’s right where I am!”

“Oho so he’ll be joining the academy soon then!”

“Yes, sir!”

“Well this is certainly an exciting time for your family Furude-chan. The oldest daughter graduating as a fine shinobi and the younger brother just about to start his training.”

“Yes, sir! Ryusei and I will make the Village proud!”

“Well, that’s all I have for you today Furude-chan. I just wanted to call you in to congratulate you on your official graduation to Genin of Sunagakure. You’ve got a very, very bright future ahead of you.”

“Thank you, sir! I can’t wait. Today everything changes. Today is the start of a brand new life. For me, for Ryusei, and for my whole family. Today is the day…”

“You take care now, ok Furude-chan?”

“…Yes sir! Thank you again!”
Other Information:
- Sacrificed 2 Stat Points for 4 WP
- 3 AP used
- +1 INT
- Suna Ryu
- Sand Stage 6 Swap

Thread Ratings:
[Spartoi] The Language of Flowers: +Hari Midika (Glass Familiar)
Boogy Nights: +1 Strength, Kyuuten no Ikari (Anger of the Heavens), +1 strength[MotM]
A Capful of Wind - +3 Strength, [MotM: Aegis of the Colossus]
Steady as the Wind Blows - +2 Stamina, Stage Five Reflect All Force [MoTM: +1 Control*]

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Last edited by Masked_One; 09-01-2017 at 03:48 AM..
Old 02-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Bukowski
So far so Gone

I like her! Tough broads ftw! Half'd

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 02-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Edited her a bit, added a couple of AP, let's start over.

Obviously swaps are placeholders for now until they're rated/approved.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
Wess
Hardcore Member

Lollll you updated this right after I finished reading it the first time. Stats check out, good work on the bio. I'd like to see a little bit more on Sand events; you covered the Jailbreak and academy gassings, but there's scarce mentioning of the previous arc. Add that in and you can have my half.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
Junge
it never gets easier

Stats seem right to me. What part of the giant arm shield thing does the 'returning'? The needles? The shield, if thrown? The whole thing? I don't think it makes a difference in the pricing at all but it might be good to include that somewhere.

Half approved.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:31 AM   #6
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

I've got to commend you on the format of the interview, backwards story telling was definitely a smart way to frame the biography. I agree with Wess though, as a Jounin, I think there should be more mention of the current arc and her feelings toward the Priests and their end (seeing how she'd spend most of her shinobi career battling against them and such).

Add those details in and I'll return to approve boss.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:50 AM   #7
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Aight. Added a section about the beginning of the priest war, as well as a quick blurb about her feelings towards the end of that war in part II.

Let me know if that suffices!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:16 AM   #8
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Word, works for me. Sand Primary GM Approval. I think you just need another half and this character should be good to go.

Last edited by Hitoko; 02-19-2016 at 04:39 AM..
Old 02-19-2016, 04:21 AM   #9
kyzuko
in lame man terms

Half-approved

"The more I see of what you call civilization,
the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"

Robert E. Howard, King Kull
||GM, Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Sand||
||Co-GM, Shoda Bloodline Clan of Cloud||
\\Shoda Hoshihana, Cloud Jounin//
//Arechihana Sasori, Spartoi\\
||Yotarou Ouji, SUNA chuunin||Koike Kano, ANBU||
||Hasami Kuma, the Iron Devil of Sound||Tsubasa Kinoshita, Rain Jounin||
Jutsu||Items
\\Taka//
Old 02-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #10
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

think I'm actually missing .5 and her swaps actually. I edited her after Buko's half.