iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Default GranspearZX's Item Thread

Tsugunai (Sword of Redemption)
Item Cost: 4
Tsugunai isn't so much a sword as it is a naked blade. Approximately the length of a katana, its only real feature apart from the nearly white blade is that it has a thick wrapping around the area where its handle would be, ending in a somewhat tattered bandage approximately four feet long. Tsugunai acts as if it were a sealing tag, and can be used as a substitute for techniques requiring said item. Victims cut by Tsugunai's blade also find it exceptionally difficult to heal; wounds simply do not heal naturally, and require twice the jutsu usage when treated by medical techniques.

Majinken (Sword of Demons)
Item Cost: 4
Where Tsugunai is a sword with an unusually bright, nearly white blade, Majinken is a wakizashi with a solid red one. Rumored to be a cursed weapon, the sword seems to whisper to whoever wields it and make them exceptionally paranoid. The blade actively feeds on the user's chakra and his blood, both channeled through the weapon's hilt. The paranoia isn't entirely unfounded; as long as Majinken is drawn, it hones in on injured targets, filling the user with a heightened bloodlust. The wielder can detect any bleeding target within 30 feet; this distance is doubled on targets directly cut by Majinken.

Ryuugamaru (Dragon Fang Sword)
Item Cost: 10
Ryuugamaru is actually a pair of dao swords. When held, they function as a single weapon joined parallel to one another at the hilt, but can be pulled apart into two separate blades. While holding them, the user can inject chakra into the blades, setting them ablaze. The flames are strong enough to cause 2nd degree burns on contact with bare skin and can set flammable objects on fire.

Kiwanomizu (Water's Edge)
Item Cost: 5
At a glance, this weapon looks like a regular katana; the only real distinguishing piece is that the blade's hilt is shaped like a four-pointed star. When exposed to water, the blade turns a light blue color, looking more like a hollow blade filled with constantly moving bubbles. This doesn't afford the weapon any unique skills, but it's very much indicative of what follows when the user puts chakra into the weapon.

Absorbing the water around it, the blade's size increases to roughly that of a cleaver sword; despite this, the actual weight of the weapon doesn't change. Able to absorb up to 20 gallons of water, the user is able to perform water-based ninjutsu and taijutsu techniques by using Kiwanomizu as a water source. It can only be used twice before the water stored in the blade is spent, taking an entire post to absorb the required amount.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread

Last edited by GranspearZX; 04-05-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Tsugunai - 9

Majunken - 5 - I would say 6, but the penalty makes me want to drop it.

Ryuugamaru - 14 = 6 + 6 + 2 2-post Prince Zuko blades.

Hope these weren't all for one character...

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

I adjusted Majinken a bit:
-Lowered the radius of the detection to 10 feet.
-Changed the genjutsu drawback to be triggered simply by being the owner of the weapon.

Also, I clarified Ryuugamaru so it's not mistaken for a double weapons; the joining is parallel, not end-to-end.

Master RP Thread

Last edited by GranspearZX; 03-11-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

I will approve these at Kiba's ratings.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 AM   #5
Long
bot-magnet

I don't know about some of these, as once a thread, Tsugunai can duplicate a stage five tai special. Specifically Yuuyake from Tsuitou Taiyou no Buyou , if it was used by a character with Stage 6 of that style. And Majinken duplicates stage Bloody Sword special Sakki no Kanji (Feeling of Bloodlust) Level 2, albeit with a drawback.

I thought we wanted to avoid jutsu replicating items.

Feel free to bug me.

-

- / - / - Jutsu
0 /

Bestest, most recent, writing fail.

Quote:
He would make no escape attempted, he could not. Iamarato's technique temporary stolen his echo from him
Old 03-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #6
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

These items can't consistently replicate items. At best they can do it once, and I have a feeling these items will be going to a character that will already have a number of other techniques in their repertoire. Also, I think Unique Weapons should have unique qualities, and it is easy to say those unique qualities can or are just as easily jutsu. But I have a feeling this is alright. I'm okay with it, at least. The character will have to make up for it in weapon points. So Half'd if Long doesn't disapprove.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 03-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #7
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

When I rate jutsu and weapons, I try to do it independent of the person it belongs. 'They're already strong, it's okay' does not justify anything to me. Unique weapons should have unique properties, yeah, but they can have those properties without treading on existing jutsu. When we allow weapons through that mimic them we belittle the techniques themselves.

I am not okay with Tsugunai's ability. At all. That is not only jutsu territory, but jounin level jutsu territory . . . I'm okay with a sword having some kind of hidden power that can be unlocked with that sort of power, but when it does I want to see that power registered as a jutsu, not as just a natural byproduct of owning the sword.

Majinken's weakness is appreciated, but . . . . I still don't like it. I'm with Long. It still treads awful close to Bloody Sword territory.

Ryuugamaru's rating is fine with me.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Old 03-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #8
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Alright, I've changed Tsugunai and Majinken significantly.

Kaen and Long have a point about moving away from that sort of thing, especially since, for the character in question, accessing those particular lists isn't impossible. Even if the lists themselves are kind of... well, bad.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 AM   #9
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Tsugunai | 6 + 1 Sealing Tag + 3 Hard Healing = 10
Majinken | 6 + 2 for warrwick effect = 8

I almost wanted to rate Tsugunai higher, but it occurred to me that most shinobi will have access to some sort of hospital to heal them of most wounds in the long term, and in the short term the only real effect is that the wound won't clot, which I believe justifies the rating.

Majinken as rewritten is a detection item I'm considerably more okay with. I'm putting the rating on par with other enhanced sight items, and I believe the caveat that it works in all directions is made okay by the high cost of use. Though I'd appreciate a clause that says once your character has to stop when he reaches one stamina level, whatever the reason.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Edited, but... Majinken is a wakizashi and not a katana. Shouldn't that be 4 + 2?

Master RP Thread