iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Default Artifical Fantasy

·¤·
c h a r a c t e r . t r a c k e r

The Byakugan
I. Hyuuga Yuu
The Swordsman
II. "Jellyfish" Ren
The Ronin
III. "Iron Maiden"
The Demon
IV. "Jinchuuriki"
V. Ryuusei [junk?]
VI. Rain Jounin [junk?]
VII. Snow Jounin [junk?]
VIII. XXXX
H y u u g a . Y u u

[The Byakugan]
[C A P S T O N E]
Stage 4 jyuuken (+4 Speed, +2 Stamina, +7 Strength, +3 Control)
Stage 3 g.nin.hiddenexplosion (+1 Power, +1 Intelligence)
G u s h i k e n . R e n

[The Electric Swordsman]

[C a p s t o n e]
contentment
K i k u ' i c h i m o n j i . J u n ' k o

[The Iron Tower]

[C a p s t o n e]
stage.6.samurai.sword (+3 Strength, +2 Control)
stage.6.thicc.style (+4 speed, +2 Strength, +2 Tactics)

H i k o b o s h i . n o . N a t s u

[The Demon Bound]
[C A P S T O N E]
Stage 4 miko.pierce (+4 Control, +3 Power, +2 Reserves, +1 Willpower)
Stage 3 miko.deny (+1 Control, +1 Reserves [stage 4 pierce])
stage 3 stam.tai (???, ???, ???)

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 08-11-2017 at 01:21 AM..
Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

The Gallant Steam
feat. Surgeon & Jelly

“You motherfucker, you motherfucker, you fuckin' killed me, motherfucker.”

The Jellyfish lays in a pool of his own sticky blood, fingers pressed into a puncture wound familiar to shinobi across the world—the wedged, jagged wound of a kunai pressed deep into his abodomen. His vision his hazy, but he sees clearly in his vision the slumped form of his most trusted friend and closest ally. He can't see his face, but he sees the muscles seizing and spasming in the man's back. All he can taste is crude oil and metal. The world is slipping into black.

'You fuckin' killed me, motherfucker. You fuckin' killed me!'

Part 1: A Dame in this Old Town
--- “I'd give my left nut to plow her with the right one, Aniki.” “I ain't givin' my nut for no gal, nee-chan. Not a single one.” “Aniki, have you seen 'er? Curves like the waves of Tamedaisho, breasts like the swell of Oboro Coast, an' an ass like yers.” “You fuckin' pervert. Ain't no lady gotta ass like mine.”

The Co-Captains of the Gallant Steam have earned some time off—although offically it's called “administration leave” and even more offically “probation”, the boys head out to their favorite grime and crime riddled port town of Ikuno. Although you can see the lights of whatever capital city lies to the east even through the muck and mist, Ikuno is basically a shanty town on a sprawling dock. Boats anchor away on this makeshift town and it's a hotbed for prostitution, gambling, drugs, and some of the best goddamn shark-and-squid you've had in your life. They come across a gaggle of beautiful women who lures them easily into an opium den, where they gamble, drink, smoke, and fuck themselves into a coma. During the process, Tako falls irrevocably in love with the Dame—a callgirl, barely twenty years old, who comes all the way from the Grass Country. She hasn't been a callgirl long, and hasn't learned to hide her heart from her Johns—and she loves Tako right back.

Tako offers to buy her freedom from her pimp, but considering they now owe their pimp a small fortune from their night before, they instead get their asses beat and roughed up by tough-as-nails mercenaries. Stripped of their weapons and tools—even their headbands---they're told they can do a few simple jobs for Daddy, or they can bite each other's dicks off for the opportunity to fuck their way out of their debt.

After some heated consideration of each other's cock-sucking skills, they choose to play ball with the pimp for now. They're told to use their detective skills to track down a runaway dealer that was previously under the pimp's employ, collect stolen drugs, dispatch the man, and bring back his head.

Turns out, this dealer is the Dame's brother, and he's just as sweet as she is—two runaway kids trapped in the criminal underbelly of the Water Country's promise of get-rich-quick promises. Once the Dealer finds out our Boys are eager to save the Dame, he turns proper friendly.

Part 2: Electric Feel

Ren reveals that he's got Cloud contacts—particularly, nukenin Cloud contacts—in the area. Considering that's halfway to treason, it takes some convincing to get Tako on board with meeting them. The Boys and the Dealer (a non-shinobi with a fantastic command over a Martial Art Style) break into The Scary Shipyard, where they once again rescue the Gallant from the clutches of “being used as gambling funds”. As customary, the boys let one of the men run away to spread their legend, and they had off to a far off island. Using morse code via his Flickering Luminous Body technique, the Gallant Steam safely navigates a treacherous water-mine field. After docking, the Boys and the Dealer are promptly had and find themselves waking up chained and soaked with water. The nukenin—all in their mid thirties—are war vagrants, having left the broiling civil war in Cloud years ago, to live on this island. Turns out, Ren's original contact had been found dead by cleaver wound just weeks before.

The Boys agree to investigate the murder in exchange for help with their Pimp problem—his force of shinobi-level mercenaries is nothing to sneeze at, and with a few renegade ninja on their own side, it'd be enough to kill the bastard and take back Tako's woman. Unfortunately, that man they left of to spread their legend went right back to their boss, and he's managed to navigate the mine-field through his sheer command of the sea.

Turns out Pimp is more than just a charismatic man—he's a goddamned nukenin from Kirigakure.

The Boys end up on the run in the confusion as the Pimp attacks the small Island, and end up in a radio tower. They try radioing in, but an approaching storm is cutting off the signal. When Ren tries to use his Raiton to boost the signal, they end up burning the tower down. In the chaos, they end up exhausted and injured before the Pimp's men.

Part 3: Four Worms of Glory

Pimp wakes up our boys, who he's chained up in a giant water tank. He's got a series of sharks and jellyfish restrained only by old wooden nets, and threatens to kill the Boys with their own namesake.

He claims he used to be an idealistic Mist shinobi, but feels like each increasing generation after him as gone soft. That the “Bloody Mist” is a far off dream. The Legendary Swordsmen knew it, so they left—and boys like the Gallant Steam know it, s'why they get in so much trouble. They just need a little push to go rogue themselves.

The boys consider their lot in life—sometimes they're a laughing stock, most all the time they’re on the smallest vessel in the Mist Navy, they've gotten more than their fair share from Mist whores than anyone else they know---but they're Mist men to the core. Those four wiggling worms of glory on their handbands ain't for show. “Only thin' I love more than my small dick is those four limp ones on my forehead.”

Tako's finally managed to wiggle himself free, since the manacles were built for men of average size, not tiny boys. He summons his torrents and manages to get Ren free as the enraged Pimp pulls up the nets that allow the bloodthirsty sharks and jellies free---

The Silent Killer and Ripple Shark go into full effect. Combat, combat, combat—until they realize that in the confusion, Pimp used Hidden Mist to escape himself.

Part 4: The Bloody Mist

Weeks have passed. Tako and Ren have helped the Dealer cut himself free of any business ties he set him up in a nicer, seedier part of town to do his own business. In exchange, he's been using his contacts and income to keep tabs on the Dame, his dear sister—and the wearabouts of the Pimp, who's been eager to find the Boys outside of Kirigakure's safe walls.

Our Boys show up in their Sunday best on a pleasure ship they can't afford a ticket for, thanks to the Dealer's connections. It's got a full, wrap-around aquarium in it where fancy diners can choose their fancy dinners, including one giant-ass octopus. After mingling with surprising grace in polite company, they learn that the Pimp has a permanently reserved private dining area, where he meets with is most important business partners. After ninja-ing their way inside, they realize they've been expected. They're offered food and

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 08-28-2014 at 05:00 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Default Bunraku: Aika

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 03-24-2014 at 04:23 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 03-24-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Default Honda Medical Group

K o s a i · R y u u s e i

[The Six-Stroke Shooting Star]

28(?) - M - 6'
sunagakure jounin
Sabaku Gunjiteki Heiba

[Physical Description]

A testament to modern medicine and physical training. Despite his apparent handicap (his left arm has been amputated at the shoulder), his body is a bulking mass of muscle. While his frame is still somewhat slim, he’s densely packed meat riddled with the scars of battle. Despite his rather regular trips to medical care, either for routine battle injuries or because he’s made updates to the design of his clockwork prosthetic, Ryuusei never bothers to spare the extra money to have any of his scars erased or accelerated away. As such, he sports unsightly scars across his face, a particularly deep one that runs across his eyeline and down into his cheek especially—its discoloration and tough skin often make it hard for polite company to look him directly in the face. Every scar is a story, every scar is a reminder of mortality. For a man who makes a habit of coming back from the brink of death, it’s an important reminder. While his eyes are naturally a speckled blue, a skyline color with a rainbow of dots inside, his constant exposure to his unique brand of stardust has left him a golden glow about his eyes. These metallic exposure would be deadly in a man who didn’t practice constant chakra control. They, too, follow a theme of momento mori—to have the chakra-reactant material removed from his body might prove deadly with medical ninjutsu, and to leave them in to build up with no doubt end up poisoning him from the inside out.

hair posture furrowed brow smells like teen spirit

[Clothing]

His clan symbol is four diamonds in a larger diamond pattern. It once suggested groups of ancient families coming together under one house, but the family had lost any real political influence long before modern Sunagakure. If anything, the symbol is a morbid reminder of Ryuusei’s shattered past—leaving him the final breathing member of a legacy that spans back to prehistory. He wears this symbol wear appropriate—engraved into his prosthetic arm, on the collar of his shinobi flak jacket. This symbol is always either matched or paired with the Sunagakure gourd symbol, a habit he carried from his youth when he was too proud to wear his headband. He wears that across his forehead, when appropriate, or across his living arm to show less active (ie, non-combative) negotiations.

His combat kit is old-school shinobi, lightweight cloth in a deep green or sandy brown, loose enough to let him move and stretch however he wants, tight enough to keep from flowing about in the middle of fighting. When he wears armor, it reflects that old sensibility of direct and too the point, using traditional Sunagakure methods rather than modern aesthetics.

His civilian wear is normally athletic gear or traditional robes, since his ascension to jounin has come paired with additional responsibilities around the village. He’s aged out of his streetpunk aesthetic, although he is still fond of heavy boots and occasionally a printed t-shirt.

[Description: Personality]

grr rar serious hero i already died ANGST ok ok but no seriously im ok now ANGST ok no i got it cool lets make friends and lead great armies ANGST fuck seriously im working on it

nindo "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

primary archetype Tactician
Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can instantly recognize an enemy’s plan/trap once a thread. The tactician can then take appropriate measures to avoid or counter.
Primary: Mental
Secondary: Own Choice
Tertiary: Own Choice
Stat Merit: +2 to Tactics, +1 to Intelligence
Stat Flaw: -2 to Strength, -1 to Power
Description: The tactician is an archetype that focuses on multiple fighting styles. The tactician doesn't focus on a single way of fighting, but rather, uses many types of fighting against their opponent. Usually very quick thinkers and genius strategists. It's preferred for a tactician to take a good balance between offense, defense, and chakra-manipulation.

secondary archetype Blade Dancer
Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can temporarily gains access to his trained sword style’s next stage “benefits”. This only includes stage bonuses and regular techniques. This special only lasts for one post.
Primary: Physical
Secondary: Own Choice
Tertiary: Own Choice
Stat Merit: +1 to Strength, +1 to Speed, +1 to Tactics
Stat Flaw: -1 to Willpower, -1 to Reserves, -1 to Power

combo archetype anlace

Jutsu and Techniques

Chigatana no Kenbu / Bloody Sword Dance
  • Stage One (Strength 5, Stamina 3) † (+4 Strength, +3 Speed, +2 Stamina)
  • Stage Two (Strength 7, Stamina 7, Willpower 6) † (+4 Strength, +3 Speed, +2 Stamina)
  • Stage Three (Strength 12, Stamina 8, Willpower 8) † (+4 Strength, +3 Speed, +2 Stamina)
    • Sakki no Kanji (Feeling of Bloodlust) Level 1

Global Ninjutsu / Shinobi Handbook
  • Stage One
    • Henge no Jutsu (Control 3, Intelligence 2)
  • Stage Two
    • Kabenobori no Jutsu (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4)
  • Stage Three
    • Chakra Hunting Technique (Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6)

Sunagakure Ninjutsu: Fuuton / Wind Release
  • Stage One
    • Fuuton: Hanpatsu Kaze no Jutsu (Willpower 3, Reserves 3)
  • Stage Two
    • Fuuton: Kaze Kawarimi (Control 7, Power 7, Willpower 6)
  • Stage Three
    • Fuuton: Kamaitachi no Jutsu (Control 8, Power 8, Reserves 6)
  • Stage Four
    • Fuuton: Kaze Shunshin no Jutsu (Control 12, Power 11, Reserves 10, Willpower 12)

Sand Genjutsu / Desert Mirages
  • Stage One
    • Kazeoto (3 Willpower, 2 Control)
  • Stage Two
    • Nigemizu Fukumen (6 Reserves, 5 Power, 5 Intelligence)
  • Stage Three
    • Moutsui (9 Willpower, 9 Intelligence, 7 Reserves)

Ryuusei, Chuunin

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 08-22-2017 at 04:26 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 04-02-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

HISAN no SEKKAIKENFU

SCATTERING STONE FIST STYLE

A: Reserves
B: Control
C: Power
D: Strength
E: Stamina

Basis: Chakra / Doton: Fist

Style description

HISAN no SEKKAIKENFU is a shinobi martial art system that incorporates teachings of various native EARTH COUNTRY schools. To the average person, the temples hidden in the mountain ranges and deep in the forests represent a lifetime of pilgrimage and study - - but all these styles eventually came to the heart of martial innovation in the country, the great IWAGAKURE. The shinobi in this hotbed of combat and study eventually gave birth to a new system of combat, the mystic and magical flurry of their stone gauntlets a mere distraction for their mastery of their chakra arts.

Characterized most accurately as a hybrid style, it’s relative youth means a lack of rigid structure in the training methods of the physical martial arts in the style. Most practitioners of HISAN no SEKKAIKENFU tend to be innovators themselves, and it’s an exciting time for growth and glory in the school’s development. Some opt for stances and aggression inherent in the bone-breaking taijutsu arts from those originating schools that emulated the great bears of the forests and the terrifying mountain tiger, where some find themselves more comfortable with the internal FLOW agreeable with styles that looked towards mythological dragons or heavenly military generals for guidance. The signature stance for the style, however, shares a consistent thread amongst all actors in the Scattering Stone Fist – crossing one fist over the heart or face, and the other over the groin or outer thigh, the artist protects their most sensitive external and internal parts, while also opening up their chakra system to allow for maximum FLOW. This combination of the physical and spiritual martial arts is what transcends the school from a Gakuryoku Library special to a terrifying weapon on the battlefield.

(Combo OK) – any number of these techniques can be chained together in a devastating blow, assuming you have your opponent’s permission

(On Hit Confirm) – if this follows up a (Combo OK) technique, it requires a stroke of luck or genius to evade.

(Combo Finisher) – ends a combo, typically with flurry or flourish

Stage One
Stage Requirements: Reserves 4, Control 4
Stage Bonuses: +3 Strength

The foundation of Scattering Stone Fist lies in the combination of shinobi-style ninjutsu and taijutsu training alongside the study of the traditional style martial arts of the Earth Country. To get to this first step up the mountain trail, the artist has likely already learned and mastered a half dozen or more traditional styles available to civilians and monks of the area - - these courses and rapid study programs make up the heart of the shinobi academy’s taijutsu training, although some had the opportunity to travel and study under various masters.

Stance and posture tend to be one of personal discovery, but it tends to follow the simple rule of protecting high and low, one hand over the face or heart, the other over the groin or external thigh. While the traditional stance involves crossing the arms over the body, some opt for more aggressive stances.

Regular Techniques

Pickaxe Strike (Combo OK)
Description: A leverage attack that uses the artist’s own body weight and strength to deliver a blow. A sharp elbow or the broadside of a hand or the heel of an extended leg is brought down or out and away from the artist in a swinging form. This “long” strike helps establish optimal range for the fighter to follow up with other attacks.

Rising Force (Combo OK)
Description: Using the core of the body, the fighter brings up a powerful uppercut or rising knee to either launch their target a few feet airborne or to splinter their defenses and open them up for additional abuse.

Cave-in Palm (Combo OK)
Description: An open palm strike that targets the solar plexus. A direct hit can knock the air out of the opponent. (A deep breath or resetting your stance is all an experience taijutsu artist needs to reset this condition.)

Special Techniques

Earth Flow Disruption: Shockwave
Description: Assuming their basic stance, the fighter opens up their chakra flow and violently expels it from their feet. Anyone on the same surface and within a number of feet equal to the fighter’s stages in this style suffer a sudden disruption in their footing, like a train car shifting. Has no effect on airborne targets or targets that have two or more stages of taijutsu training than you.

Stage Two
Stage Requirements: Reserves 8, Control 6, Strength 6
Stage Bonuses: +3 Strength

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 09-17-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

The Sasa'hei are a bloodline clan from Rain country. Their family started as simple farmers with great bounty in bamboo, which assisted in Rain becoming country worthy of having a shinobi village hidden in it. Most daimyo, lords, and other political figures owe much to the Sasa'hei's coffers.

The Sasa'hei's Bloodline limit is the reverse flow of chakra. Instead of coming in and going out, the Sasa'hei can take from out and process it internally. This allows them to call back jutsu they've cast ("reigning raining jutsu") towards them, like a horizontal rainstorm. This manifests in a ninjutsu list that includes rain jutsu, projectile jutsu, and the rare absorption technique. A few ninjutsu techniques harken to the Sasa'hei's limitless wealth.

A second aspect of the Sasa'hei bloodline is the effect pulling in chakra has on other people in the world: Sasa'hei are incredibly attractive, creating a cult of personality around them. They have an easier time in social situations because weakwilled people are drawn to them. This effect is less pronounced on shinobi and more or less useless in combat, but it has strong ties to the Sasa'hei history and serves as a byproduct of their ninjutsu.

The PCs of the Sasa'hei are of a new generation (aged under 30) and have drastically different opinions about the relevance of wealth and the void of their bloodline than the generations before, and have decided to ally themselves once again with Amegakure, after a many generations absence.

The Sasa'hei of Ame no Kuni
sahsah he ay

Clan History:
Ruined kings, dishonored millionaires, infamous idols, corrupt seducers

Yakuza, mafia, crime family, etc

The Sasa'hei family precedes Amegakure. As far back as clan history allows, the Sasahei were bamboo farmers in the region of constant rain. This family became one of the vertebrae in the backbone of Ame no Kuni economy, if not the spine itself. It all started with a dubious trade agreement with...

As Amegakure was first founded, the Sasa'hei family...

During the execution of the Emperor fifty years ago...

When Amegakure was forced underground, Sasa'hei shinobi retreated to...

There are two major clangrounds and one minor, located in Amegakure no Sato...

In recent years, the Sasa'hei have become the face of...

With the current Amekage, Ayame, the Sasa'hei...

Currently, the Sasa'hei...

Clan Housing:

The two major clangrounds of the Sasa'hei are...

The minor clanground in the heart of Amegakure no Sato is...

Clan Description:

Clothing makes the man.

The family tree of the Sasa'hei includes...

This ability allows the Sasa'hei...

But a new generation of Sasa'hei are rising to power, and these...

Amegakure will be made two types of green: Bamboo and ryou bills.

Clan Abilities: Reverse Current Gyakuryu
8R34K1N6 80d% 4/\/6 5041 breaking body and soul

Chakra is an internalized force. Chakra erupts from the soul and explodes from the body, out of pores known as the tenketsu. For many shinobi, this is known as the flow of chakra—a one way street. For the Sasa'hei, chakra can flow backwards, from the edges of the tenketsu back into the soul of the shinobi. This is known as the “Backward Flow” “Gyakuryru” “Reverse Current” “breaking” “something”.

This manifests itself in two ways, one subtle, one obvious.

The obvious asset of the BLOODLINE NAME is one of attraction. By taking advantage of BL, the Sasa'hei is able to recall any X, returning it to FORM.

The subtle asset of the BLOODLINE NAME is one of attraction. A gentle aura of //// surrounds the Sasa'hei, allowing //// and ////.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #9
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Default Shoda Clan Applicant

Hikoboshi no Tsuru

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel
May strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

Name: Hikoboshi no Tsuru
Tsuru, born under Altair
Sex: Female
Height: 5'8''

Character Type: Miko (Non-shinobi)

Country/Village: Wandering Shrine Maiden
Division: Hunter/Exorcist

Physical Description:

Clothing:

Personality:

Primary Archetype: Holy Vessel
Special: The miko gains additional power usages at levels 1, 4, and 6. Additionally, the miko is always aware of the presence of bijuu and their hosts.
Primary: Chakra
Stats: +3 Reserves, -3 Stamina
Overflowing with divine energy, the Holy Vessel is a true conduit for the power of spirits. She feels the hum of chakra, chi, and all other life currents. As a wellspring of spiritual power, Holy Vessels are often the lead priestesses of their shrines, but are enticing to creatures from the other world, who see them as doorways to the physical plane.

Secondary Archetype: Human Battery
]Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can use any jutsu one more time past the limit. May use this ability only once per thread, and stage 7 jutsu are off-limits. Any jutsu that states that it can only be used once per thread is also off limits.
Primary: Chakra
Secondary: Mental
Tertiary: Physical

Stat Merit: +2 to Reserves, +1 to Power
Stat Flaw: -1 to Strength, -1 to Speed, -1 to Willpower
Note: Cannot be combined with Quicksilver or Human Tank.
Description: Human Battery is an Archetype that doesn't base itself around a specefic fighting style, but more on chakra. Normally the Human Battery would use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. Like a Daredevil, but in terms of energy and chakra reserves. Can mold more chakra and draw chakra manipulation battles out longer than other Archetype's.

-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical (0/27)

Strength: 1
Speed: 1
Stamina: 1

Mental (0/24)

Intelligence: 1
Tactics: 1
Willpower: 1

Chakra (0/30)

Power:1
Control: 1
Reserves: 1

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:
Ekitai-Kenfu - (Fluid Fist Style)
Stage [X]

Paths of the Shrine Maiden - [Information]
Primary Path: Pierce. Secondary Path: Deny. Tertiary Path: N/A

Inventory:

Item Points Remaining:

-----------------------------------------

Biography:

Writing Example:

Other Info:

Thread Ratings:

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 05-14-2017 at 04:33 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #10
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

TACHIBANA KOGARA
OTO NO YAKEN

The same old shit, so it's how you deal with it.
It's the glove that fits that you wear,
so when the wind blows strong, I put a few more layers on
...and tell myself I don't care.

Age-28
Sex-Male
Height-6'6''
Country/Village-Rice Country/Hidden Sound
Rank-Senshi
Division-BUNRAKU
Path of Naga- Steel/Flesh

Norado, “Way of the Stray”
“You've grown up knowing nothing but walking, hunting, surviving. You've drank from running streams, ran along impossible cliffs, and taken the most dangerous game. You know the difference between an aggressive howl and one of marking territory. You're from a pack of wolves, and suddenly you're being domesticated--thrust on with a collar and told to protect some gate that does nothing but hide the view of the stars you've known since your childhood.”

Physical Description:

Clothing:

Personality:

Kingslayer
Archetypes: Myrmidon - Tactician
Special: Once per thread, the Kingslayer can instantly nullify any Ninjutsu attack two stages lower than his highest Ninjutsu by dismissing it with a hand. Rocks crumble to dust, fire a warm breeze, water a light mist, sound a soft echo. Don't bother attacking the true King of the Rice Paddies unless you're bringing your A game.

Guardian
Archetypes: Tactician – Myrmidon
Combo Special: Once per thread, the Guardian can instantly nullify any Ninjutsu attack two stages lower than his highest Ninjutsu by striking it with a hand.
Description: The leader on the battlefield, with a variation of skill sets and changing style, the Guardian is always known as the supporting friend or comrade no one can do without. All the tactical skill and prowess allow the Guardian to outdo foe with intelligence, coupled with exercised jutsu ability. They specialize in team combat, either as lead or supporting cast.
Primary Archetype:
Secondary Archetype:

Stray Dog
Archetypes: Ninjutsu Spec. - Genjutsu Spec.
Special: The Stray Dog's picked up errant knowledge here and there--he can spend one extra thread point on jutsu. This second point spent on jutsu must always be either a Genjutsu or Ninjutsu.

Bookworm
Archetypes: Ninjutsu Specialist – Genjutsu Specialist
Combo Special: You may spend up to two rather than one thread points on jutsu. The second point spent on jutsu must always be a Genjutsu or Ninjutsu.
Description: Bookworms are the rare Shinobi that have dedicated their lives to the art of perfect Chakra manipulation. For this reason, they have mastered both Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, believing that a mastery of Chakra entails every aspect of it. Bookworms are typically very intelligent Shinobi that don't necessarily read all the time, but give off that impression simply through their acumen.

-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical

Mental

Chakra

Power: 1

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:
88th Monastery Style Kung-fu: Ekitai-Kenfu
"The Monks of the 88th practiced a variant of the Ekitai-Kenfu, since being taught by the wanderer..."
Stage V 8
-sptech1
-sptech2
-sptech3

Qilin, the Herald of the King: Smoke Ninjutsu
"The qilin is a mythical hooved chimerical creature known in Chinese and other East Asian cultures, said to appear with the imminent arrival or passing of a sage or illustrious ruler [...] During the Jin Dynasty, the qilin is depicted as wreathed in flame and smoke, with a dragon-like head, scales, and the body of a powerful hooved beast such as a horse."
s1 - Yorunotobari no Jutsu (Veil of Darkness Technique)
s2 - Taiho Hoiru no Jutsu (Capture Wheels Technique)
s3 - Kemuri Kuiki no Jutsu (Smoke Zone Technique)

Corruption of Flesh and Science - Zankuuha Arm Cannon Method: Sound Ninjutsu

s1 - Myaku (Pulse)
s2 - Kaze Senbon no Jutsu (Wind Needles Technique)
s3 - Zankuuha (Air Cutter)

Method of War, Ninja Style Combat: Global Ninjutsu
s1 - Kawarimi no Jutsu (Body Switch Technique)
s2 - Kinobori/Kabenobori no Jutsu (Tree Walking / Wall Walking Technique)
s3 - Genjutsu Kai

Inventory:
Implanted Arm Cannons [Catalyst + Hidden]

Item Points Remaining:

-----------------------------------------

Biography:

In the 88th Coil of the massive oroboros statue that looms throughout the Rice Country is a small temple dedicated to a large shrine that's held in it's shade. Great vines grow from a garden atop the coil some two dozen stories in the air, hanging down and collecting dirt to leave the temple of worship in shade year round. Inside this temple of the double eight are a collection of monks deep in worship of a fringe religion in the Rice Country, and among those some hundred monks are a small collections of casual devotees, refugees, women seeking shelter, and the general disenfranchised. In exchange for helping with the tasks that keep the temple afloat—cleaning, maintenance, tending the shrine and the occasional marketing—they are provided a neutral shelter that has been respected for hundreds of years by both the various shinobi clans and various daimyo, out of respect for the gods that may or may not live in the shade of the coil.

Around fifty years ago, a woman and her daughter came to the 88th in search of shelter—she had been the third bride of the daimyo, and the third not to bear him a son. Banished and threatened with execution, she was too fearful to risk the guards at the border. This woman traded away her name and royalty in exchange for peace. Her daughter grew up simply as a shrine girl, spending her days cleaning the religious site, collecting donations, assisting in prayer, and the occasional gardening, and found herself in a satisfying cycle of prayer, discipline, and ministry. Some thirty years ago, a shinobi from the Hidden Sound started to become a regular. Some twenty eight years ago, that daughter gave up her vows of chastity for a single night, and some twenty seven years ago, that Hidden Sound shinobi was never to be seen again. Ashamed of her folly, that young lady would devote the next decade to raising her son.

Tachibana Kogara took the clan name of his mother, and was initiated as any other young boy was to the monastary. Years of discipline lay before him, of learning the rites and scriptures of the religion and following a path to lead him towards an internal peace to match the political neutrality that had saved his bloodline. The monks taught a path of discipline that tested the mind, the body, and the spirit—the mind was sharpened by aggressive study, both of the religious texts and of the obscure formulas that made up ninjutsu. The body was sharpened by the house school of kung-fu—the Ekitai-Kenfu. It had been brought to Rice Country by a traveling clansmen from the Wind Country in his search for spiritual perfection, to match his perfection of form. The spirit was sharpened by incredible devotion to rites and prayer, and the strengthening of the internal chakra coils. The 88th had been formed, so many centuries ago, as a ninja temple, and long standing were it's traditions.

Kogara wasn't much different from his monk-brothers back then, as most boys came at such a young age to the temple as orphans or troubled children, and found peace through the Zen. Kogara, however, was likened to a running wolf-- a pack animal that so longed for the freedom of great temple walls.

He would be a free wolf around ten years old. Two years prior, Hidden Sound had fallen to some great war, of which the 88th was neither ally nor enemy. However, the chaos this through up in the Rice Country had brought a time of conflict and harshness to life for everyone. Kogara's normal duties had been replaced with more aggressive ones—training in the Ekita-Kenfu to protect the people the temple protected, humility learned by begging for rice and water on the city streets, hubris pressed away by learning to be seen as a street rat rather than a proud monk.

Quote:
Why is the country in such turmoil, Master?

The world rages against itself.

Yes, but why is it so much more difficult now?

Man rebels against his inner nature.

Yes, but particularly now--

War. Territory and philosophical dispute turned to bloodshed.

Then I shall be a king.

A king, boy? The Monks of the 88th Coil of The Infinite Serpant--

--do not mettle in the affairs of the governments or ninja clans. I know that, Master, but a peaceful king can protect his people from the ills of this world, shield them from hunger and hide them from war. A king can be a true hero.
Twelve years old, and a man came to the temple. His words were plain and his clothing was little more than rags, but he held himself with such a strong authority that people treated him with the same respect they would give the Master of the Temple—bows and formal language. This man was a Seijuu, from what was then known as the Nomads of Sound, a collection of surviving shinobi from the destruction of their village. He spoke to he master of the temple, spoke of famine and disease spread amongst his people. The master repeated the old mantra—the monks of the 88th do not mettle in the affairs of ninja. He offered food, water, and rest to the man—but could offer no more.

Kogara, however, caught this man's attention—he had been scaling the walls of the giant stone coil, back loaded with gardening equipment, as he went to tend to the massive hanging garden atop it. Despite his mother's worries and the disapproval of the Master, Kogara couldn't help but feel a pull to the Seijuu, and agreed to come back with him for training in the shinobi arts. Kogara promised the Master he wouldn't give up on the ways of the temple, and promised his mother he would return to hera powerful warrior to protect her, and entered the fold of the traveling nomads. He was named a kitaeru, and spent many months learning the ways of the Nomads. He learned of their desperation, how they would turn to banditry and looting just to survive, how they were taught murder arts rather than self-defense arts, and the Iron Laws of Sound that tied them all together. Kogara was conflicted, because the shinobi life was so far removed from his life as a monk, but he adapted. His Ekitai-Kenfu was more than enough to trounce any of the other kitaeru who thought an outsider couldn't keep up with the properly born, and his chakra meditations lent well to him catching up with ninjutsu training. He was only fourteen when he beat three different hiyoutori in hand to hand combat over food disputes, and despite serving several hours worth of duty covering the latrine trenches, he was publicly promoted to a hiyoutori. His habit of fiercely protecting his friends, distributing supplies evenly rather than by age or rank, and caring for the youngest caused his childhood nickname of wolf to change to Shihi—a protecting lion.

Kogara's specialty had always been his monk-trained Ekitai-Kenfu, so when picking Kitaeru to train in the ways of Sound, he looked for those with skills outside of his own, so that he might learn from them, as well. To his two Kitaeru, he proclaimed himself their king—a protector and leader, despite his young age, born by divine right to be here in that very place and instant to lead them. It took some getting used to, but after a few weeks, Kogara had his first two followers. Their training ran the gamut, given relative freedom to do as they place as long as they met a quota of provisions and camp chores. They raided for medicine, and Kogara found his two kitaeru never learned to read, for libraries and schools were not a luxury afforded to them, so he gave them literacy by late night lessons to all who would be willing to sacrifice sleep for education. They collected herbs and foodstuffs from the forests, and he learned his kitaeru didn't know the names of such things, so he would teach him of the flowers and the stars and the little gods that populated the world. They trained desperately in the ninja arts, and the taught them the Ekitai-Kenfu in exchange for their own arts. Although he declared himself a king, he treated everyone that would respond to his leadership as a peer and a trusted friend.

Years passed and Kogara's reputation grew with passing time. So much that when the Nomads traveled close to the 88th and he stopped for prayer, meditation, and visitation, some of his exploits would already be whispered through the temple halls, of his skill in murder and thieving, rather than his skills in teaching and protecting. His mother stopped coming to see him, and his Master would appoint oil to his forehead in prayer and say little else. At some point, Kogara had become more of the Sound than of his own temple.

Eventually, his two Kitaeru promoted alongside him, and took on their own wards to train up, but the trio themselves went on to deeper and more important missions—assassinating those who plotted against the Nomads, scouting deep into enemy territory looking for passage, collecting ninjutsu scrolls and village secrets from wandering parties. Eventually, they would run afoul a group of mercenaries with training beyond anything but the most talented jonin they had encountered before.

The battle was fierce, but one by one, they fell, until a battered and tired Kogara stood in front of his two loyalists, his bleeding back blotting out the vision of the man that would come from the crowd. This man, with his striking red eyes, didn't have to strain so much as a muscle to make Kogara fall to his knees—the sheer aura the man possessed was otherworldly. “Go, you roaring dog. This isn't the place where you die.”

With just that, the man and his men left the three to tend to themselves.

Some months later, the Roaring Dog would be promoted into the folds of the Senshi for his continued loyalty and strength he gained as a shinobi. He was invited by his connections in the Seijuu to join the Bunraku—out of a misunderstanding, Kogara spend the rest of the year learning to play the shamisen, thinking he was to be part of some royal puppet play. However, once in that fabled fold is when he learned of the true extend men would be willing to go for their tribe. He was an Enforcer—and more times than not, an Executor---of the Iron Laws of Sound. Anyone who broke those iron laws would likely see Kogara's masked face at some point. Mostly, he would enforce through intimidation—his towering stature and the demonic mask he wore was more than enough to make people think twice about stepping out of line. Sometimes, he would be given an investigation, where shinobi teams would have returned without their full party. Sometimes, he would find beyond a shadow of a doubt that these lost men were killed at the hands of their survivors. In this case, he would spare no mercy in his public execution of these traitors. He gained a reputation, and some started not to speak of him by name, but by the titles he wore--”Dog”.

It was through the Bunraku that he met the Sifu. The Sifu was an experienced ninja dog with a lineage that rivaled his own—it could be traced all the way back to before Sound village was ever established, and some of the greatest stories of loyal combat dogs that Sound had to offer featured a member of her family. During the fall of Sound, most of her pack had been cut down as they protected their shinobi partners, but the Sifu—being a runt of the litter and not much older than four weeks—was spared in the arms of a small child who fled with her family. Since then, the Sifu had been trained to be an attachment to the Kariinu, rather than any single beastmaster. Over the last twenty years, she had gone through cycles of bearing litters and returning to active duty, picking up scars and experience in the way. She was an older dog, but years of pedigree breeding and ninjutsu training meant she had plenty of years of service left in her...and she needed a partner. Kogara resisted at first, claiming not to have a taste for the dogs that matched his title, but considering more and more people grew weary of the Bunraku's reputation, he took her on.

The walls of Sound then rose, and when they did, they blotted out the stars and fields that the Sifu and the Stray monk did grow up in, and then the whole of Sound owed some weird debt to the secret and terrible Naga. This wasn't a situation Kogara was fond off, but considering his job allowed him away from the walls and away from the Naga, he was willing to trade some peace of mind in one place to gain it in a stable home and a place to hang his trophies.

It had been Konoha ninja. You've heard the story before—how else do those kids get field promotions, anyway? It seems like every Konoha ninja has a story of besting some Sound ninja or the other. Kogara and the Sifu had been deep in Fire Country, looking for a particular mix of reagents that could be used back home in Sound for a variety of purposes, mostly medicinal. Konoha wasn't exactly in the mood for trade with Otogakure, so some casual thieving was the name of the game. Kogara never saw the kunai flying through the air, his cigarette smoke making his eyes water and his hands deep in a locker, but the Sifu did—she threw herself, as she had been trained, into the line of fire. It was over in a second—katon fire spilling across the room, explosive tags going off, and Kogara barely escaping with the large dog over his shoulders, face and body burnt and broken. He killed three of the Konoha ninja—but they came in a pack of seven, and he'd never survive.

He returned to Sound twelve hours later, and was told there was nothing that could be done to save the Sifu—not an old dog with so many years of scars and injury, not so long after a puncture wound. Desperate, he turned to the men that didn't believe in 'nothing' and 'impossible', and he traded his loyalties for the life saving operation. With the Sifu “repaired”, and his own injuries healed by what could only be described as forbidden techniques and duct tape—Kogara realized he was once again undergoing a shift---a Komainu, a lion-dog protector.

Quote:
A young Kogara choked on tears, his bald head shiny from the rain that he kneeled in, before the rounded mound of dirt that marked a fresh grave. Each roll of thunder was punctuated by the deep sobs of a boy trying desperately to hold back--his mother had long since found shelter from the rain, and watched him from the distance, as the Temple's Master, his only father figure, attended to him.

Why'd he have to die, Master?

We all must leave this flesh in time, child.

But why now? He was just a puppy, Master! I did my best!

Sickness can't be defeated by willpower alone, child. I know you struggled in your prayers.

I can't stand it--I can't stand it! I promised him I'd take him to the coil garden when he was bigger, he was just my little puppy--! My heart can't take all this pain.

It's through this turmoil that our souls are tempered, my son.

Why is the country in such turmoil, Master?

The world rages against itself.

Yes, but why is it so much more difficult now?

Man rebels against his inner nature.

Yes, but particularly now--

War. Territory and philosophical dispute turned to bloodshed.

Then I shall be a king.

A king, boy? The Monks of the 88th Coil of The Infinite Serpant--

--do not mettle in the affairs of the governments or ninja clans. I know that, Master, but a peaceful king can protect his people from the ills of this world, shield them from hunger and hide them from war.

A king can be a true hero.

A king can save the people he cares about.
Other Info:

Thread Ratings:

the 5 songs of soundchar
Soro – taikyoku shogi piece, “running wolf”
Honro – taikyoku shogi piece, “Free wolf'
Shihi - '', “Lion”
Koken (line over o), '', “Roaring dog”
Komainu, '', “lion dog”

running wolf - grandson of previous daimyo (current daimyo's half-sister's son)
free wolf - raise in a monastery in the 88th coil of the Great Rice Oroboros
lion - brought into the Nomads by the Seijuu
roaring dog - spared his life my Kumanoi
lion dog - bunraku and defender of otogakure

names taijutsu effects after shogi pieces and plays
names jutsu effects after hanafuda games (particuarly koi koi)

Buddhist, although unorthodox
Hates rice, loves plums

believes himself the rightful king of rice country, considers everything he sees to be his possession
has worked hard to claim his possessions
buddhist (or 'engi buddhist') teachings tell him to stay neutral in politics, but considers it his birthright

has a deep trust for the nomads-turned-Sound Village, considers it his true tribe
haet Rice Country's leadership
doesn't think Kumanoi is a bad dood

Once was an Executor for the Bunraku, killing those who severely broke the Iron Laws, now has hate from fellow sound ninja because of questionable investigations

job description now includes Wayfarer (scout for sound), Gate Keeper (first line of defense for the Otokage), and occasionally kicking some Kitaeru around (particularly likes this one)

ic motivations - gain respect he should have been born into, defeat threats to Sound, figure out deeze Naga folk, bring his monastary's school into public eye, put himself (or the Otokage, he ain't hatin') into control of Rice Country to strengthen her borders, become the true prince or rice or die tryin'
ooc motivations - snake summoning contract, fight the big names from other villages (Yeah I'm lookin' at you Hitoko let's go bro), explore the implications of the Naga experiments (cool curse marks or implants, fuck yerr), have his dreams of kingdom absolutely destroyed, but gain enlightenment from it, eventually break into kage level of power

Name: Sifu-hime
Lady Sif
Species: Otogakure Hunting Hound (Ninken)
Mammoth wolf-dog bred for war
Otogakure Hunting Hounds have incredible lifespans compared to non-shinobi dogs
Sex: Female
Height/Length: 4'/7''? Something big

Physical Description: Big ass, grey wolf-dog. Scarred. Muddy coat. Severe look in eyes. One eye blue, one brown--blue eye scarred. Naga Experiment.

Personality: Hyper intelligent for a dog. Fiercely loyal. Responds to commands based on personal experience. Capable of following orders 'by the book' rather than direction. Knows a special form of whistled commands taught to all Hunter-ninja of Sound. Proud of her rank and age and size, despite being a runt.

Statistics

Physical - 19

Mental - 16

Chakra - 13

Power: 1

Skills 3 jutsu 5 lists
(List your pet's known skills)

Inventory
(If applicable, the items are purchased using the pet owner's pool of weapon points. Be reasonable about what you give your animal.)

Other Info:

Last edited by Virtual Dream; 09-10-2014 at 08:22 PM..