iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Default [Mist Jounin] Arakawa Kise

Name: Arakawa Kise
Sex: Male
Height: 5'7"

Country/Village: Mizu no Kuni / Kirigakure
Division: -

Physical Description:My best feature? I'm supposed to say 'my eyes', right? My real best feature, I can't talk about that here!

In another life, Arakawa Kise could be a fairytale prince. He has a slim, compact build that's covered in lean muscle from years of hard work rather than training. A shock of sun-bleached, blond hair sits atop his head, matched by thin, expressive eyebrows, and barely a hint of facial hair. His smile is bright and warm, and his amber eyes are indeed stunning. Both ears are round and stick out a little while his nose is straight and narrow. Kise carries himself with a relaxed poise that seems so effortless as to be accidental.

Clothing:My favorite outfit? How could I pick just one?

Kise rarely wears the same thing twice – or at least it seems that way. His closet is packed full of the latest fashions and old favorites, so he can dress for most any occasion given enough warning. When slumming it in the village, Kise dressed extremely casual, usually a pair of bland board shorts paired with a Wave Country-print shirt, giving him the impression of a beach bum or tourist. During missions, he pretends to default to a standard shinobi uniform with a flak jacket and forehead protector worn correctly, but usually shows up in something more flashy and ridiculous, wearing his hitai-te to one side or slung around his neck. On espionage missions, he is a fan of physical disguises rather than relying on ninjutsu and has a full trunk of so-called 'spy disguises'.

Personality:In three words? Courageous, brilliant, warrior of love!

Despite living as a shinobi for the greater part of his life, and all the horrible things he's seen and done, Kise remains a shining point of light in the dark. He's bright, he's cheery, he's goofy, he's a kid who decided to never quite grow up. Both inspiring and disconcerting, attractive and repellent, Kise's sugar-sweetness is a strength and weakness more commonly found in genin than jounin. Plus, Kise is exuberant in the extreme, always seeming to be running at 110% no matter what, even when battered and exhausted.

He's completely devoted to a sometimes ridiculous set of ideals – the inevitable triumphs of Good, the unstoppable power of Love, the inalienable value of Courage. When Kise opens his mouth, sometimes, most of the time even, he sounds like a shounen hero. Weird and often inappropriate, this way of looking at the world is how Kise has coped with the life of a shinobi, and particularly his own long-suffering career. Though interacting with him can be difficult, but Kise is nothing if not genuine, and those that have learned his language know truth.

Kise never lost hope.

Nindo; "Way of the Ninja": "One person can't change the world, but he might be able to tweak it."

Clan/Bloodline: None

Primary Archetype: Puppeteer
[+1 Power, Control, Reserves]
[-1 Strength, Speed, Stamina]

Secondary Archetype:

-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical

Strength: 1 - 1 + 13 = 13 [+2 Assassin's Projectile]
Speed: 1 - 1 + 14 = 14 [+5 Assassin's Projectile]
Stamina: 1 - 1 + 13 = 13 [+3 Assassin's Projectile]

Mental

Intelligence: 1 + 17 = 18
Tactics: 1 + 17 = 18
Willpower: 1 + 16 = 17

Chakra

Power: 1 + 1 + 20 + 2 = 24
Control: 1 + 1 + 20 = 22
Reserves: 1 + 1 + 20 = 22

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:

Kugutsu no Jutsu
[01] - Kugutsu no Jutsu I (Power 2, Intelligence 2)
[02] - Kugutsu no Jutsu II (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4)
[03] - Kugutsu no Jutsu III (Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6)
[04] - Kugutsu no Jutsu IV (Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Tactics 12)
[05] - Kugutsu no Jutsu V (Power 17, Control 16, Reserves 16, Tactics 15)
[06] - Kugutsu no Jutsu VI (Power 21, Control 20, Reserves 19, Tactics 17, Intelligence 15)
[07] - Additional Puppet I (Replacing - Stage Three Open)
[08] - Additional Puppet II (Replacing - Stage Five Open)

Steam Ninjutsu
[09] - Steam Creation (Power 2, Intelligence 2)
[10] - Serpent’s Breath (Power 6, Control 6, Tactics 4)
[11] - Limb Confinement Technique (Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6)
[12] - Absolute Hidden Mist Technique (Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13, Tactics 14)
[13] - Absolute Mist Vision Technique (Power 18, Control 17, Reserves 17, Intelligence 14)
[14] - Body Confinement Technique (Power 21, Control 20, Reserves 19, Tactics 17, Intelligence 15)

Global Ninjutsu and Power of Money Swaps
[15] - Body Switch (Power 2, Tactics 2)
[16] - Transformation Technique (Control 3, Intelligence 2)
[17] - Wall Walking (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4)
[18] - Conspicuous Consumption (Power 7, Control 7, Intelligence 6) [Replacing Open Slot]
[A1] - Instantaneous Body (Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Intelligence 12)
[A2] - Acquisition (Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13, Intelligence 14) [Replacing Open Slot]
[A3] - Hidden Wealth Hands (Power 19, Control 19, Reserves 18, Intelligence 16) [Replacing Open Slot]

Projectile Ninjutsu
[A4] - Shadow Projectile (Power 2, Willpower 2)
[A5] - Burrowing Projectile (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4)
[A6] - Projectile Rain (Power 8, Control 8, Reserves 6)

Assassin's Projectile
[G2] - Stage One (Speed 5, Stamina 3) [+5 Speed, +3 Stamina, +2 Strength]

Inventory:
Breathing Apparatus - 1
Tanto (Small Blade) - 1
Body Armor - 2

Puppets:

Karasu x 5

Weapon Points Remaining: 0

-----------------------------------------

Biography:

Arakawa Kise.

Kise finished writing his name on the chalkboard and tried to ignore the handful of whispers that went around the room. He had enough trouble convincing his parents to let him try for the academy without them worrying about the other kids treating him different for being from a civilian family, and a rich one at that. Kise scored in the top percentages on his entrance exams and he hoped that his skills, whenever he learned them, spoke more than his surname. He walked to the closest open seat and took it, ready to stop playing ninja and actually live it.

-

I don't want to always be protected!

Kise shouted over rain. Beneath his feet, the boards of the ship groaned against the storm wind as Kise's fingers dug into his chest. Sailors lay strewn over the deck wherever the pirates tossed them after cutting them down. Kise himself looked worse for wear; a trickle of blood led from the top of his skull down to his chin and he exerted himself just to stand given the obvious break in his leg. But the woman behind him, slumped against the door down to the lower decks, she had one hand around the blade in her gut and Kise couldn't run and hide. Not this time.

I know I'm not strong...

He cast his hand away from his chest, his fingers pulled at invisible strings. A puppet in a sedge hat bounded over the ship's railing, apparently out of the sea spray itself, and landed on a pirate with blades outstretched. Kise's other hand came up as his bad leg gave out – he dropped to one knee as a second puppet flew down from the crow's nest to rip and rend another pirate. They started to brawl and he could feel each hit on the puppets send vibrations through his fingers into his spine. Through the haze of the rain, Kise saw their leader stride over the planks, sword in hand. Kise swiped his hands through the air and felt the strings cross, unseen.

...and this is just me being selfish...

As the sword came down, Kise twisted his hands. The chakra strings glowed bright as they coiled about the blade and stopped it mid-swing. The pirate captain tried to pull back but Kise held the blade there. Before the strings had a chance to snap, he roared and dragged the sword out of its owner's grip, cast it overboard. Kise flung himself at the pirate as one of his puppets streaked across the deck. He caught the man in a pincer attack, held him in place just long enough for the puppet to bury a kama through the back of his skull. Kise bellowed, the storm wind swirled around him.

But I don't want to always be protected! I want to protect that smile!

-

Fate, huh? Let me tell you a secret about fate.

Kise sniffled and pressed his fingers to the side of his nose. He could taste blood on his tongue from when the Sand nin decked him earlier in the exam. Kise didn't want to think of it as a lucky punch – the boy knew how to fight, more than well enough to best Kise if he got close again. Carefully, Kise plucked the thin acupuncture needles out of his other arm and winced as he opened and closed his fist. His whole arm felt heavy and tired. Kise dropped the needles to the ground, kicked them away with his toe.

Fate's just a word for people who don't want to take responsibility.

Arakawa Kise knew about responsibility. People had gotten hurt because of his weakness, his ignorance, his stubbornness. If he wanted to, he could blame fate; he could shift all that guilt onto a shapeless abstract. He thought about having that freedom sometimes, in secret, but never took it. Fate, above everything else, existed only as a friend to the small. Kise pointed with his good arm and caught the Sand nin with a look – his eyes burned and he grit his teeth through the taste of copper.

This is a contest of wills, fought between two men! If I lose here, it'll be because I was weak and you were strong!” Kise's lip twitched up into a crooked smile. “I'll accept it all: the good, the bad, everything in life. But it's all mine. Understand?

As the Sand nin pulled his arm back for another volley of needles, Kise took in a breath. He cast his hand out a moment later – a fistful of ryou twisted into origami shuriken. This time, Kise took the offensive and ran after his weapons, which sent the senbon clattering to the arena floor. The Sand nin came to meet him just as Kise's trick landed. A second set of shuriken pelted the Sand nin and staggered him just long enough for Kise to smash a scroll case into his jawline with a triumphant yell.

Fate won't have anything to do with it!

-

Wait!

Kise struggled to breathe, to draw air without a sick sobbing stealing it all away. He curled his arms a little closer as if to pull the boy into his chest and hide him away from the rest of the world. The beach smelled of dead fish and cannon shot, of blood and salt. He could hardly see with the way the tears bubbled out of his sockets and streaked down his face. Kise squeezed tighter and his heart beat so hard he thought it could burst. He hoped it would.

You and me, we're friends, right? We look out for each other.” Dimly, Kise knew the others watched him, not sure what to say, if anything, but he paid them no mind. They completed the mission and they left him his space. “Remember...remember that time, we had to find that stupid cat. The owner thought he'd run away, but really, he was just so fat that he got stuck in a pipe. We played jan-ken and I lost, so you made me grease up this obese cat and try to pull him out. And you laughed at me when I got all scratched up, so...so I threw the cat at you. Remember?

Movement. Kise froze and watched as the boy's lips trembled into a thin curve. He bent closer and slotted his face between the boy's shoulder and neck. A pulse still lingered there – Kise gripped his hand tighter over the hole in the boy's side, but could hardly tell how bad he bled with his slick fingers. The boy shuddered in response and coughed once. Kise murmured into him.

Please...please wait. Don't leave me alone!

-

Who am I?

Kise leaned against the door frame. Moonlight streamed in through the window and illuminated the officer's quarters, more than enough for Kise to see anyway. His puppets stood ready in a loose ring around the officer's bed, at rest. The Seagull man, for his part, sat backed up against the headboard with his sheets tangled around his legs, his face all a-panic. Kise snapped his fingers and the puppets sprang to attention, five salutes with straight backs and close, floating feet.

At times, a wealthy socialite.” Kise flicked something at the officer – a folded 1000 note ryou sank halfway into the wood of the headboard and the officer sidled away from it. “At other times, a charming musician, a traveling merchant, or a young recruit.” He punctuated each one with another shuriken note, coming closer on each throw until the officer sat pinned down, grasping for a sword just out of reach. “But my true identity is that of a Mist shinobi, Arakawa Kise!

He startled and lowered his volume to a whisper with a coy wink. Kise shushed a finger to his lip. “Sorry, don't want to wake up the whole camp. I was never good at the indoor voice.” With a cast of his hand, the puppets descended on the officer and tied the sheets around him until he could hardly move, let alone speak. Kise reached down and picked his shirt up from the floor and started slinging his arms through the sleeves. “Don't worry. Once we're at the village, it might take awhile, but you're already dead.

-

Y-you...you're-

How about I stop you right there. I know all about your stupid little speeches, squirt.

Kise squirmed as strong, metal fingers grabbed him by the hair and dragged him off the ground to his knees. Blood trickled down over his lips in trails from his noise, his chest ached where a rib or two had fractured, and bits of metal stuck in his leg. The puppet that broke his fall now lay in pieces, just slivers of wood, bent gears, and a lot of snapped wire. Kise reached up and wrapped his own fingers around the metal hand and strained as the man bent his neck back further and further.

Kids like you are the ones that piss me off the most. The world as your oyster and you waste it playing ninja and acting like some lame manga hero.” The man leaned down, smiling, to speak into Kise's ear. “Get it? Oyster? Water Country puns, son, get with it.” He threw Kise forward hard enough that he tumbled over the ground and into another disabled, but mostly intact puppet. Kise yelped as his bad rib slammed into wooden chassis, pushed it towards his lung. “Idiot.

You're evil. You were always evil.” Kise winced and rose up onto his hands and knees. When he lifted his head, there stood Kihaku Ketsujo. The Steel. The puppeteer pointed an accusatory finger at the Seventh Swordsman. “All that power and you use it to...to what? Bully other shinobi?

Bully?” Ketsujo lifted Kise up by his collar. “I let you finish the mission, didn't I? Rich kid like you, I'm sure you can spend a little cash on getting your face fixed up.” He laid a metal palm flat to Kise's cheek and something whirred inside his arm. With a rush, steam flooded out of his hand and Kise shrieked. After a moment, Ketsujo dropped him, satisfied to let Kise roll in the dirt and clutch at the side of his head. Ketsujo clicked his tongue. “See you, space cadet.

Other Info:

Thread Ratings:
[04/17/14] - [Solo] Had To Be Barnacles - +2 Power

Last edited by Jami; 04-17-2014 at 03:26 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Alright, this is ready for the registry.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Kapeesh
King Koopa

So you're using my magical pool/3 then divide equally to stats method. Cool =)

Half-Approved
Old 03-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Mist GM Approved

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
Old 03-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
Oakapea

Half-approved. I'm sick of you not putting stages in your gdm sheets, Jami *shakes fist*
Old 03-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #6
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Half Approved. I want you to protect that smile too.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 03-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

.5 to send this away!

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)