iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Junge
on the last train home

Default Junglings Wizlab

I got a bunch of stuff on an old hard drive, and some of it I actually want to keep! I'll be putting things here largely for the amusement of others, since I doubt I'll put forth any more effort in completing them. Expect more poorly done lists in the future!

Here's a justification for having a 'skeleton' item registered in universal!

Last edited by Junge; 07-19-2017 at 05:58 PM..
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
Junge
on the last train home

Don't look here! Or do, it's all a draft so it's not like it matters.

Last edited by Junge; 08-06-2015 at 11:38 AM..
Old 05-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
Junge
on the last train home

The Maeda Bulletin

Straight from the desk of the Major comes the most pressing issues for the day that aren't related to being ran over by the Rain military! These are a collection of Maeda-related thread/mission ideas that I'll be writing up which will hopefully all relate (directly or indirectly) to a larger clan arc. As new characters are added to the Maeda roster I'll be updating this with some tailor-made missions so we can do some family bonding stuff. I'll be available to NPC any of these as well, so if you want to do one but can't find another Rain character to do them with, I can help!

Unless otherwise noted these missions don't have to be done with only Maeda characters. If you have a non-Maeda character you could do them too, though I can't offer anything cool for you at all in that case.

Underneath each mission description (what your characters will know) I'll provide additional mission info (what you know) for guidance. You are free to ignore the stuff in the spoilers, I'm just providing it to give you some ideas on where to take the thread if you don't have any yourself.

Fresh New Hotness
Subject: Deaths in the Family
7 Maeda adolescents, ages 11 to 17, have died in the last month. The cause in each was acute ethanol poisoning, from what appeared to be the ingestion of lethal amounts of food-grade alcohol. There is reason to believe either a single or group of Maeda is giving these minors access to this dangerous substance. If you find any information related to these events, please notify the Healthy and Safety Corps as soon as possible.

Subject: Outreach and Extension Meeting Canceled
Once again it looks like our visit to the local primary schools to promote vaccination have to be postponed since another outbreak of karamushi cropped up. This is the third time this year it's happened. Please, if you have children who are active in the community, remind them to wash their hands often. It hurts everyone when accidents happen. Shinobi, do your part to promote safe health habits when around kids, they look up to you!

Subject: Missing Notice: Tsukasa Kuu
A jounin-level missing nin has been reported on the surface who has possibly been working for the Rain military. Though he is believed to come from Sound, reports suggest he is using very Maeda-like techniques that merit some concern. Neutralization is preferred.

Ongoing Missions
These missions are going to be based on stuff that's already been done by other Maeda. You should probably know what happened in the earlier thread if you want to take one of these!

(Prior thread: Nuptial Flight)
Subject: CCC Cleanup
Though Usagi's been under house arrest for some time, vagrants are still being pulled from the canals with her strain inside them. Based of prior reports it's likely the CCC has either a store of her blood or living hosts to perpetuate the parasite. Though these second-generation infections are much weaker, the fact Maeda family secrets are being bought and sold like crack cocaine is somewhat concerning. Work with local Amegakure clinics to figure out where the source is, and destroy or neutralize it.

Family Register
I'll be putting some ideas for missions for specific Maeda characters here. These are rough suggestions based on character biographys, current happenings with said characters, and previous mission histories of those characters. These will provide you opportunities to have linked continuity between threads and the Maeda as a whole, but by no means are they 'canon' unless you want them to be. 'Taking' a mission here will effect the clan as a whole on some level (and hopefully your character as well), but feel free to bring others along if you want. By necessity these will be more guided by me than the above mission ideas, but hopefully my presence won't be too suffocating. If you got specific ideas in mind too let me know and we can work together to figure something out.

Maeda Ten
Rumors
Maeda Ten and Maeda Renko have been seen together quite a bit lately. Is there something more going on there?
To do: Anything that makes you look less suspicious.
Spoilers:Harder than it looks!

Maeda Shin
Medical Corps Missions Posting
We've had the drugs needed to treat karamushi infections for decades, but the military has only recently started trying to solve the problem as our shinobi continue to be a thorn in their side. Their progress has been closely watched and it seems as though they're on the cusp of getting a cheap cure to hand out to their troops. Their research facilities are well defended but the warehouses storing their medicine are sitting ducks. We need a medic to go confirm the presence of the drug, then to destroy it (and maybe the rest of the medical supplies stored there as well).
To do: Drugbusting, in reverse
Spoilers: There aren't any.

Maeda Kazuhiko
(Continuation of Debugging)
Maeda Jubei's Autopsy Reports
I might run the morgue but that doesn't mean I like seeing bodies come in. Now something new is cropping up; Amegakure officials have recovered dead from canals in Sector Two with signs of karamushi infection. They didn't die of it thankfully, and my investigation seems to indicate this strain wasn't contagious at all. Still, it makes us all look bad when dead people show up with our clan inside them, and coupled with those other reports...we could really use a good answer for what's going on here.
To do: File some intense paperwork
Spoilers: Take a wild guess.

Mission Logs
Here's where I'll put some stuff regarding completed missions. Check here for reference material or something, maybe!

Last edited by Junge; 01-19-2016 at 11:39 PM..
Old 07-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
Junge
on the last train home

I'm going to use this post to save junk that's been moved from the Bulletin. It's all just reference material now.

[spoiler="Kist"]
Maeda Ten
Poster outside Building Monitor Maeda Uryu's office
Vandals struck the west wing of the compound again. Special thanks to Kitami's boys for cleaning it up before the big dinner. We know it's someone inside the family doing this, and we'll catch you eventually so you better just turn yourself in! There's enough trouble in Sector Two without a bunch of kids pretending to be vampires and performing fake blood rituals in our bathrooms. If I see another Shambler rat in the halls, the whole block is going under curfew!
To do: Smack some sense into those kids
Spoilers: It's not kids.

Last edited by Junge; 01-19-2016 at 11:07 PM..
Old 10-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
Junge
on the last train home

Academy Jutsu: Stage 1
Third Jutsu: A=3, F=2
Open Slot: A=4, B=4
Open Slot: D=4, E=4

Genin Jutsu: Stage 2
Third Jutsu: A=6, B=6, D=4
Open Slot: A=7, B= 7, D=6
Open Slot: D=7, E=7, B=6

Advanced Genin Jutsu: Stage 3
Third Jutsu: A=9, B=9, D=7
Open Slot: A=10, B=10, F=8
Open Slot: D=10, E=10, C=8

Chuunin Jutsu: Stage 4
Third Jutsu: A=14, B=13, C=11, E=10
Open Slot: A=15, B=15, C=13, D=14
Open Slot: D=15, E=15, F=13, A=14

Advanced Chuunin Jutsu: Stage 5
Third Jutsu: A=18, B=17, C=17, E=14
Open Slot: A=19, B=19, C=18, D=16
Open Slot: D=19, E=19, F=18, A=16

Jounin Jutsu: Stage 6
Third Jutsu: A=23, B=23, C=22, E=16, F=15
Open Slot: A=26, B=25, C=24, D=19, E=17
Open Slot: D=26, E=25, F=24, A=19, B=17

Advanced Jounin: Stage 7
Third Jutsu: A=32, B=30, C=28, D= 24, E=22
Open Slot: A=35, B=33, C=31, D=26, F=18
Open Slot: D=35, E=33, F=31, A=26, C=18

Last edited by Junge; 08-23-2017 at 06:41 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
Junge
on the last train home

Current Name: Chosokabe Muneshige
Sex: Female
Height: 5’ 4”

Character Type: Non-Shinobi

Country/Village: Valley County/Brigade of Light Campus
Division: Brigade of Light: First Brigadier

Physical Description:
Age has not taken the luster from her eyes and in short bursts, she moves as if fifty years younger. Her thin white hair will often be tied back in a bun. Muneshige’s skin is grey and pockmarked with heavy wrinkles along her face and hands. She speaks like a bullfrog, in mighty croaks and rumbles. Once she was portly and soft. Now she is stout and stiff. A scent of grass and herbs wafts from her on good days and tobacco on bad ones. She is not yet a husk- vigor and life somehow still fill those old bones.

Clothing:
When traveling Muneshige typically wears the simple brown and white robes of traveling clergymen, with only a cloak pin showing her allegiance of the Brigade of Light. A travelling pack and bedroll are often strapped to her back, which she will insist on carrying herself. Inside are numerous books and scrolls over a variety of topics. Muneshige considers herself an ‘eternal student’. Her most important possession, a tobacco pouch and pipe, never seems to be far from her wrinkled fingers. Finally a simple pair of wooden sandals and cane finish off the ‘cranky old person’ aesthetic she loves to cultivate

Personality:
“I’m just as stupid as you,” Muneshige says, “Only I’ve been stupid longer.” Her purpose is to serve; whether it be people, causes, or gods, she always works under some banner. She doesn’t get conventionally angry. Muneshige’s justice is a slow burn. In the face of the most repulsive of horrors she is stoic and nostalgic. Her tone is weary, but excited, like an old dog finding strength to give one last chase. The old fart’s wits have dulled, but the perceptive will notice that beneath the tired eyes a beast still stirs, very much alive and ready to pounce.

Motto:
It’s fate, after all!

Clan/Bloodline: NA

Primary Archetype:
Leader
Special: Has Three Loyal Non-Shinobi Retainers. Uses Beastmaster Rules For Techniques and Progression. May Give All Their TP To Retainers.
Stats: +2 Tactics, +1 Willpower, -1 Power, -2 Stamina
Primary: Physical
Secondary: Mental
Tertiary: Chakra
2 Chakra Pool sacrificed for +4 WP
-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical

Strength: 1 +1 = 2
Speed: 1 +4 = 5
Stamina: 1 -2 + 5 = = 4

Mental

Intelligence: 1 +4 = 5
Tactics: 1 +2 +2 =5
Willpower: 1 +1 +2 = 4

Chakra

Power: 1 +1 = 2
Control: 1 -1 +2 = 2
Reserves: 1 +1 = 2

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:

Leader Trait List
Novice Leader
Key Trait Slot: Supernatural Beast (Sato Ryoseidowa – Spirit Talker Archetype Special)

Basic Trait Slot: Pack Mule (All Pets)

Basic Trait Slot: Technique Training I (Sato Ryoseidowa)

First Lord’s Charge
Stage I:
Stat Requirements: 4 Stamina, 4 Speed
Stage Bonuses: +5 Speed, +4 Strength

Mercenary Skills
[1] Balance (Tactics=2, Stamina=2)
[1] Coded Language (Intelligence=3, Strength=2)
[2] Eyes of the Mercenary (Tactics=5, Intelligence=4, Willpower=4)

Inventory:
1 – Javelins
2 – Body Armor
2 – Grappling Hook (Soft Weapon)
3 – Trident
On Loan
1 – Baton (to Noboru)
1 – Limb Armor (to Inabune)
2 – Body Armor (to Inabune)

Item Points Remaining: 0
Additional Item Points Gained: 4
-----------------------------------------

Biography:
Chosokabe Muneshige also known as Shibo, Lady Uwai, or Jue, is the current alias of the servant of the now fallen Ashikaga warlord family. She was the first and only wife of royal guard commander Uwai Ranmaru and held the title of Chief Priestess at the Sentako-ji Temple in northern Valley Country. Her current employment is with the Brigade of Light, where she serves as First Brigadier. Her current residence is on Long Lake, not far from the Brigade of Light’s university campus.

Early Life
Her mother, name unknown, was a servant under one of the wives of the Valley Country warlord Ashikaga no Masetake. This servant gave birth to her third and last child over seventy years ago. The mother's two older sons are both died as teenagers in battle serving in the Ashikaga military's raiding parties. The girl child was sired of an unknown father but as per custom she became the property of the Ashikaga estate and was raised to be a lady-in-waiting for the household. When the marriage of the Ashikaga's eldest son occurred, the married couple took with them many Ashikaga servants. The third-born's mother was taken as well. The young daughter remained with the Ashikaga patriarch and was given the name 'Shibo' around the beginning of her adolescence as was custom. The naming was done by Ashikaga's second wife, for whom Shibo would serve under for the next eleven years.

Shibo
As a slave Shibo’s duties were primarily focused on serving the non-primary wives of the elder Ashikaga. Due to the shortage of men during the outbreaks of fighting that occurred in this period within Valley Country, many tasks typically done by the male servants had to be done by female servants instead. Harsh war conditions meant those under the employ of warlords were trained to defend themselves, and the Ashikaga household was no exception. During the siege of Enshu-Ino Castle Shibo was part of the defending forces. After successfully repelling the attacking forces Ashikaga promoted some of his surviving slaves to elevated status, of which Shibo was included.

Shibo was given as a wife to the captain of the Ashikaga patriarch's bodyguard, who was also his personal advisor, Uwai Ranmaru around two years later. Shibo held onto her position as a caregiver and guardian to Ashikaga grandchildren even after the marriage. As a favored handmaiden (and from political favors owed to Ranmaru) the union was blessed by the lord and Uwai was given an honorary title under the lordship of Ashikaga no Masetake.

Lady Uwai
While the Uwai household was not considered noble, their positions in the court of the Ashikaga dynasty and good relations with the family ensured favored treatment throughout the remaining tenure of the aging patriarch. Notably, three of their eight children were educated by Ashikaga family tutors, and the two youngest boys both eventually came to high ranking positions within military outfits within Valley Country itself. Uwai’s posthumous elevation to landed noble after his death enabled several of the descendants of the Uwai household to posture for succession rights once the Ashikaga family fell apart in the middle of the century, the fighting of which still continues to this day.

Lady Uwai herself sired a total of eight children, seven still alive presently, and five boys among them. She has four grandchildren among them currently. She served as an attendant through the duration of her marriage to Uwai, and served the elder Ashikaga before his passing and his wife afterwards.

Priestess Jue
After the death of Ashikaga no Masetake’s primary wife she separated herself from the Ashikaga household as was instructed in the will of the late wife and undertook a pilgrimage. Her two remaining children, still not yet adults, were likewise given to a monastery for training. It would be six years later when she would be recognized as acolyte Jue of the Sentako-ji Temple, becoming a priestess of the shrine after four years of devotion and chief priestess after twelve years of service. During her time as a priestess Jue was known for her extensive traveling and interest in the occult. While serving at a shrine in Swamp she was accused of witchcraft on account of her youthful appearance despite her age. These rumors along with other accusations (such as consorting with devils and being responsible for missing children in the region) eventually lead to Jue being disposed of as the head priestess of her shrine in Valley Country. Rather than submit to a trial to prove her purity she chose to flee, and the specific accusations have never been proven nor disproved after the incident.

It was believed Jue had committed ritual suicide after by throwing herself into the bogs, as was custom for disgraced priests. A public record of her death exists as her fellow priests observed the death, and though she received no burial a small memorial shrine was constructed years later in the spot of her demise.

Presumed Dead
Priestess Jue was believed dead for thirteen years and not seen in civilization for the duration. In fact she had faked her death, choosing to live as a hermit in the mountains of Coal Country and practice aestheticism.

Chosokabe Muneshige
Five years ago, by chance, the Headmaster of the Brigade of Light located her dwelling while travelling. Though he knew not of her history, he persuaded her to rejoin society for under the flag of the Brigade of Light. With her decades of experience she quickly proved to be an adept and flexible leader. A rapid set of promotions brought her to the rank of First Brigadier within three years, allowing her to personally select her own team to serve the Brigade of Light’s needs. To date she has served on nine different Brigades, with the newest iteration being her tenth and having only been put together six months ago.

Thread History:
07/27/17 – An Orbnique Orbutunity: Rating foregone

Retainers

Old 04-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #7
Junge
on the last train home

The Brigade of Light's
Grand Grimoire

Style Description:
A single Grimoire is a large, single, unique book or scroll that has been transcribed by a member of the Brigade of Light. The chapters and passages within are taken from the original, ‘true’ Grimoire, also known as the Grand Grimoire, which resides in a vault within the Brigade of Light’s university. All Grimoire copies must be made from this single source to have access to the sealed spirits within. By reciting passages from the Grimoire the reader can then perform a controlled release of these strange and unorthodox powers.

Requirements:
Brigade of Light membership and a functional understanding of Scripture, the Brigade of Light’s language.

History:
The Brigade of Light (BoL) has spent the better part of a century learning, experimenting, and sealing what they view as ‘corrupted’ forms of the Kami. Commoners often refer to these corruptions as ‘demons’ or ‘ghosts’ or ‘yokai’ or any number of outlandish superstitious things. The academics in the BoL prefer to use more precise, scientific language, instead calling these mysterious beings ‘anomalies’.

Using a ritualized technique that has its origins in old Miko practices, these corrupting influences can have their powers sealed into books and scrolls, rendering the spirit mostly harmless. The books act something like a ‘contract’ between the BoL and the aberrant Kami creatures, where the BoL confiscates the corrupted Kami of the monster or beast in place of execution. These powers, once captured, are transported back to the BoL campus and kept locked away in a deep underground vault. After evaluation these anomalies are later transferred to the pages of the master Grand Grimoire where they reside peacefully for further study, or until called on. If the anomaly is found to be too evil, too dangerous, or too difficult to contain, a permanent seal is created and those pages are torn from the Grand Grimoire, sealed in a silver urn, and sunk into Long Lake.

Only in the last decade was it discovered that copies of the master texts also copy a fragment of the anomaly sealed inside. By reading, chanting, singing, or otherwise vocalizing the words on the page a person could temporarily call upon the original spirit of these exotic powers. Some have called this playing with the devil’s toys, but the BoL firmly believes that the penitent should be allowed opportunities for redemption. The spirits summoned from the Grimoire are not evil per se, though many deal with the dead or can cause bodily harm. ‘Dangerous’ isn’t the same as ‘Evil’, as many a Brigade member can tell you.

Regardless, any given Grimoire represents a very carefully curated selection of captured Kami spirits, whose purpose and intent has been judged to be useful or benign enough to merit their continued existence rather than destruction or permanent exile. Often the spirits themselves are peaceful even if they are compelled to perform acts the living might see as gruesome or disturbing. Brigade members are encouraged to build a rapport with spirits they intend to call frequently or even go out and capture one of their own, though this is by no means necessary.

Rules:
All texts within a Grimoire range from short to encyclopedic in length but always detail some kind of story or narrative, as opposed to the BoL’s drier, more academic writings. The power within the book is released by reciting some of the lines from the page, and the creature associated with that power is summoned to the location of the Grimoire. All Grimoires are written in the BoL’s own academic language of Scripture, but no specific language is required to be spoken to call upon these anomalies. It is possible to add or subtract some of the words to the text, to rearrange the sentences, or even to put the old text in a new form, such as in song or in poems. It is only necessary that the user’s ‘heart’ be fully invested into calling out the force of the Kami within. In that respect the user can speak, sing, scream, or even drunkenly mumble the necessary incantation and still activate these powers. Summoning requires making any vocalization while touching the Grimoire.

(Players, you can also just make up your own text for each book, as long as its thematic it’ll be fine.)

Spirits summoned by the Grimoire exist for 1 post before disappearing unless otherwise stated. Spirits cannot be seen except by those with Grimoires, or those who have experience with the Kami (have at least 1 Miko technique or archetype). Spirits may linger and say a few sentences or engage in a short dialog before leaving, but most are content to silently perform their task then vanish.

By default all characters who take this list are familiar with the Brigade of Light’s internal academic language, referred to as Scripture.
All Grimoires are written in Scripture and cannot be read (and thus used) by anyone who does not have an understanding of the language.

Each ‘summon’ can only be used once per thread, but recharge in between threads.

A Intelligence
B Willpower
C Tactics
D Stamina
E Speed
F Strength

Stage One

Gwoulai un Galvane (Gwoulai the Risen)
….struck out at it out of instinct and felt rather embarrassed after...
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 2, SPEED 2
Effect: Summons the lively umbrella spirit Kasa-obake, who enjoys surprising people. Requires eye contact with an inanimate object the speaker could normally pick up. After the recitation, the object will leap up into the air no more than six feet and stay there for a post. Can be hold as much weight as the speaker is capable of.

Res Prepe Homin (To Serve Man)
…sweet and tender like pork belly …
Requirements: WILLPOWER 3, STAMINA 2
Effect: Summons the disgusting, filth devouring Akaname. Substances consumed by the listeners after the recitation are spoiled, ruined, and soured to smell and taste, removing any nutritional or medicinal properties they might have had. A foul taste like rancid meat covers the tongue of all who hear the recital regardless. Lasts for 3 posts.

Exe no Solfaus (On Lumens)
…though I do enjoy cursing the darkness…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 3, STRENGTH 2
Effect: Summons the ghostly, aimless fire of Akurujin-no-hi. During the recitation, several items or locations must be also listed by name. The named objects or areas will then begin to glow with a diffuse, golden illumination, for 3 posts. Limited in scope to objects or areas the speaker can see. People may also be targeted, but in this case their full and accurate name must be said to do so.

Un Meptha Toxcavis (The Last Gravedigger)
…only of the recently deceased, making a mess of the whole estate…
Requirements: STAMINA 3, TACTICS 3
Effect: Summons Datsue-ba, an old woman spirit who is responsible for preparing the dead for the afterlife. The post immediately after the recitation occurs, all visible dead bodies shed their clothing and items and will sink into the earth (or water) before coming to rest six feet under the surface. Bodies atop structures too hard to sink into will grotesquely flop around at random and cast anything they are wearing or holding all around, but otherwise be unaffected.

Oss ol Oss (Eye for an Eye)
…student to student. An early recess was called to sort it out…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 4, WILLPOWER 4
Effect: Summons the reformed demon Dodomeki, who sports hundreds of eyes on each of her long arms and enjoys spreading her enthusiasm for eyeballs with others. During the recitation a specific and accurate name of an individual is also said. The speaker and the stated individual can then both share vision between themselves, each losing one eye’s sight to see from the eye of the other. Can only be done on individuals within eyesight. Lasts 2 posts.

Un Zycohn de Eoe (The Half Approval)
…driven mad by nothing more than a stamp…
Requirements: STAMINA 4, SPEED 4
Effect: Summons a ghostly swarm of rats known as Tesso, who was once priest shamed by his superiors. After the recitation those hostile to the speaker are filled with a compulsion to commit acts of minor, insignificant self-harm. The degree of harm tends to be proportional to the guilt of the listener, though it will never exceed more than a single scratch. Common manifestations of this are biting one’s tongue or lip, pinching the skin, slapping the face, or cutting small lacerations on the body.

Stage Two

Singu Sum ol Vasaca (Room for One More)
…he said, yellowed lips curled into a grin…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 5, WILLPOWER 4, TACTICS 4
Effect: Summons the protective little boy spirit Zashiko-Warashi. As this story is recited, space is warped. Large rooms will suddenly have their walls move inwards, and small areas will quickly expand. In both cases the boundaries of the room this is spoken in will shift as needed to eventually make a room about 20 feet by 20 feet by 10 feet high. If spoken outdoors, the earth and vegetation will shift to make a similarly proportioned room. Lasts until someone enters or exits the room, at which point all dimensions snap back to normal.

Quo Vvess un Sustice Krone (All the Time I Need)
… not the time I want…
Requirements: STAMINA 5, SPEED 4, STRENGTH 4
Effect: Summons the living clock Zorigami who hates seeing people fritter their lives away. While reciting, all listeners and objects within earshot are subject to time dilation. This can effectively slow the progression of time down by a factor up to 10. Thinking speed is unaffected, however any movement (including of the eyes), sound, and all other physical phenomena are subject to the slow down. This effect ends for all parties if any hostile action is taken by someone outside the time dilation. Lasts only for the post of recitation.

Kaiji un Epette Glottis (Kaiji the Sword Swallower)
…then he sneezed…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 6, WILLPOWER 6, STAMINA 4
Effect: Summons the spirit Teke Teke, a floating upper torso of what was once a schoolgirl who accidentally killed herself by mishandling a weapon. After recitation the speaker’s Necronomicon becomes impervious to bladed weaponry, instead reflecting back any blows it sustains onto the attacker. This reflection is physical in nature and looks like a ghostly copy of the weapon bursting from the pages to strike the attacker, and thus can still be dodged or parried. The reflection possesses the same physical stats as the attack it sustained. Lasts 3 posts.

Xa Burer cyn Xa Muul (It Hides in Walls)
...saw only his flailing legs before they too were dragged in…
Requirements: STAMINA 6, SPEED 5, WILLPOWER 5
Effect: Summons the Mukurokumen, a large family of dozens of eyeballs that like to live in doors. In the next post all solid material the user looked at during the recitation turns soft and mud-like to those mentioned, making it so they can sink up to a foot in it. By the next post the material returns to its normal state, trapping anyone still stuck inside it.

Oh! (Oh!)
…[expletive deleted]...
Requirements:: INTELLIGENCE 7, WILLPOWER 7, STAMINA 6
Effect: Summons Bakezori, the spirit of abandoned footwear. During the recitation the speaker may perform jumps up to four times their normal height or distance. At the end of the recitation their shoes (if they are wearing any) will disintegrate, so it is advised to remove them beforehand.

Pyth Hatoco Cylphuh (Three Thousand Words)
…and what of it?
Requirements: STAMINA 7, SPEED 7, WILLPOWER 6
Effect: Summons Mu-Onna, the nothing woman. For 3 posts after this recitation, nobody who heard the user will remember anything that they hear the post after they hear it. They will not even be aware that they forgot in the first place. This doesn’t affect any other type of memory.

Stage Three

Emi un Ixbuian Glottis (Emi the Flame Eater)
… declined our gift, saying ‘I can’t handle spicy food’…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 8, WILLPOWER 8, TACTICS 6
Effect: Summons the infant, imp-like spirit Abura-Akgao, known for its appetite for lamp oil. If mundane, non-jutsu fire is present during the recital, it will at once be sucked into the Grimoire and extinguished. If no fire is present during the recital, a dozen small, match-sized flames will suddenly spring to life on the most flammable substances in eyesight. If the speaker reads the last line of the text,[i]’hope still remains‘[i], their Grimoire will explode like a firework and cast flaming paper out in all directions, rendering it useless for the rest of the thread.

Res Qwera u Prepis u Gami no Auxkami (How to Sate a Gate Demon)
…necessitated replacing every doorknob in the house to the chagrin of the headmaster…
Requirements: STAMINA 8, SPEED 6, STRENGTH 8
Effect: Summons the black-cloud demon Akashita, known for its mischievous opening of flood gates during rainstorms. During the recital, all locks (mechanical, magical, or otherwise) in sight become safely unlocked, and doors open by themselves. This can be used while moving so long as the recitation is not interrupted. In addition this works on items with trick locks and disarms simple traps.

Un Losis (The Ferryman)
”…the toll,” the feline purred, “I will collect later…”
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 9, WILLPOWER 9, STAMINA 7
Effect: Summons the corpse-collecting cat Kasha, who isn’t picky about how she gets her bodies. After the recitation, a derelict transport of some sort will suddenly become available. If at the water’s edge, a boat with just enough room for all present might appear. If on the road, a horse-drawn but driverless carriage might come clopping on down. If stranded in a tree, a series of branches might suddenly provide and easy path down to the ground. This technique guarantees a mode of travel will appear which is capable of moving the speaker between any two given points, though it doesn’t guarantee the safety of the travelers.

U Filaign-Calimos (A Toy Story)
Requirements: STAMINA 9, SPEED 9, WILLPOWER 7
…howled in agony as he stepped on the infernal piece of plastic hidden in the carpet …
Effect: Summons a [i]Tsukomogami[i], the 100-year old spirits of old objects. Up to 5 different objects no bigger than a chair and within eyesight can be brought to life and given simple orders. These objects will never have more than Level 1 in physical stats but can last the duration of the thread. All commands must be given vocally.

Galviskapse Luuvine (Raised by Birds)
…finally caught her attention with a handful of rice…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 10, WILLPOWER 10, STRENGTH 8
Effect: Summons Kokokachu , a crow-like spirit known for stealing infants from cribs to place them in trees. A single object in sight may be called out during the recitation and it will fly back into the speaker’s hands as if it possessed the Return modifier. Objects up the speaker’s own weight can be flung this way, travelling with physical levels of up to 3.

Nosolbuss naq Yunge (Claimed and Rated)
…typos galore, and sometimes even omitting entire words…
Requirements: STAMINA 10, SPEED 10, TACTICS 8
Effect:Summons the Amanojaku, an oni spirit known for being maliciously contrarian. During the recital, the speaker berates and insults a specific individual. If the name of the individual isn’t known, they must be described in (usually lurid) detail during the recitation. That individual’s physical stats are decreased by 1 level while the user speaks. This can be maintained for at most 2 posts, consuming the speaker’s actions for both. Then, when the speaker finishes, the feeling of indignation that fills the offended person grants them an additional 1 physical level in all stats for 3 posts.

Stage Four

Redentin Galvat Auxhomin (Habits of Highly Effective Corpses)
…breaking big goals down into smaller, more achievable ones, like eating the fingers first…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 12, WILLPOWER 11, TACTICS 10, STAMINA 12
Effect: Summons the Ikiryo, who are the spirits of those still living. After the recitation, anyone within earshot who has sustained a serious but nonfatal wound will suddenly be overcome with a tremendous desire to pass out. If this sleep is maintained for 2 posts, their wounds will heal slightly over the duration. This healing will not restore a person to perfect shape, but will provide just enough to keep them from dying from their current injuries. In addition all individuals sleeping under this effect will be placed in a shared dream, usually reminiscent of how the speaker believes the afterlife to appear.

Qed Xa Zlipi (Then it Blew Up)
… at her and scowled. “I know what I’m doing”…
Requirements: STAMINA 12, SPEED 11, STRENGTH 10, INTELLIGENCE 12
Effect: Summons the steam spirit Enenra who detests being bottled up but always gets summoned inside something small. Any closed vessels in sight slowly build up pressure over the course the speaker’s speech. Then, when the speaker finishes (usually by saying ‘boom!’), all these objects explode and shatter at once, spraying shrapnel in all directions. Any tightly closed bottle, flask, gourd, crate, barrel, or general container can be used for this, though nothing exceeding the size of an adult human can be pressurized enough to explode.

Akino un Al-kami (Akino the Genie)
… failed to specify exactly who was the beneficiary of the infinite wishes…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 14, WILLPOWER 13, TACTICS 11, SPEED 10
Effect: Summons the wish-granting prayer beads Ishiren-Bozu, who tend to be frustratingly literal. When the recital is finished, the speaker’s Grimoire poofs into smoke and is replaced by a single item not exceeding 4 weapon points in value. This item is often something desired at that moment by the speaker, but occasionally it is a strange or incomprehensible object that they will later discover was exactly what they actually needed instead. The item may copy an existing item, but does not replace it (IE wishing for your opponent’s sword does not remove the sword from their possession). As the Grimoire is exchanged for the item, no other Grimoire techniques can be used for the remainder of the thread. Trying to wish for additional Grimoires often produces more trouble than its worth.

Ach Lithomin Ach (Run Baby Run)
…only have to be faster than your slowest ally…
Requirements: STAMINA 14, SPEED 13, STRENGTH 11, WILLPOWER 10
Effect: Summons a ghostly pair of severed feet known as Betobeto, who enjoy the sounds of human footsteps. Usually this is recited while fleeing, though it can be used while stationary to instead bestow its effects to another. Either the speaker or a group of persons (not including the speaker) are granted either +4 or double their current Speed levels, whichever would be higher. This only applies for the purposes of escaping combat or the thread.

Quo Proonpp Singu Glotflxs Pzor-loadm (I Had One Drink Too Many)
…no regrets though…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 15, WILLPOWER 15, TACTICS 13, STAMINA 14
Effect: Summons Kyokutsu, the skeletal spirit of wells and springs. While typically more known for pushing people into wells, Kyokutsu now prefers to do the opposite. During the recital the speaker and anyone they mention by name will have perfect, unfaltering balance, such that they cannot be knocked off their own two feet for the duration. Doesn’t help if the feet don’t stay on the ground though. Lasts one post after the recitation finishes.

Mephona Gounen (Endless Biography)
…then, on her fifth birthday, she received: a doll, a toy horse, several of her favorite candies including…
Requirements: STAMINA 15, SPEED 15, STRENGTH 13, INTELLIGENCE 14
Effect: Summons the two-mouthed woman Futakuchi-Onna who rewards those who talk too much. After repeating a short passage from the original text, the speaker then begins to say, in detail, every movement, attack, and technique they intend to execute (and the targets of those actions) in the next moment. Unlike most recitations this one must be spoken loudly and clearly so as to be heard by anyone who might be affected by the speaker’s actions. In the next following post, a sudden burst of speed permits the speaker to perform every act they previously proclaimed. Only one action may be taken against a single target, but multiple targets may be acted against in this single post.

Stage Five

Pili Pili (Drip Drip)
”…can’t last that much longer, can it?...”
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 17, WILLPOWER 16, TACTICS 16, STAMINA 15
Summons the Ameonna, the female spirit who loves rain. A light, pleasant rainfall is brought forth during the recital in a 100 foot radius of the speaker, which persists for 3 posts. During this rainfall, anyone who tries to stay dry during the effect will find a tiny raincloud following them that pours a much heavier rain for 3 more posts, or until that person gets wet.

Un Gordian Bau (The Gordian Knot)
…again and again. So we switched to a more lethal approach…
Requirements: STAMINA 17, SPEED 16, STRENGTH 16, INTELLIGENCE 15
Summons the lobster-like Amikiri, who takes great pleasure in escaping and destroying fish nets. Reciting this unties, unbinds, or untangles all mundane and binding-type jutsu Stage Four or lower within 100 feet of the speaker. In addition in bestows a similar protection from being bound to all listeners for 2 posts after the post in which it is recited.

Hakutaku un Ademian (Hakutaku the Student)
…”Woefully incomplete.” He clucked his tongue. “Let me see what I can do…”
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 18, WILLPOWER 17, TACTICS 17, SPEED 14
Summons the Hakutaku, a cow-like creature obsessed with collecting and sharing knowledge. Unlike most spirits Hakutaku sticks around for 4 posts, providing encyclopedic commentary on what he observes. Hakutaku is an expert in all things widely known, and can identify and describe any taijutsu or jutsu list that is considered to be ‘universal’. He also likes to collect bad emotions and memories, and will devour such things from those who wish it. He will stick around 1 more post each time he witnesses something ‘unique’ like a swap, clan ability, or bijuu.

Zlitte Galvexe Zlitte (Tatters Upon Tatters)
…I really liked that shirt, too…
Requirements: STAMINA 18, SPEED 17, STRENGTH 17, WILLPOWER 14
Summons Ittan-Momen, a very affectionate towel with an unfortunate tendency to smother people. While reciting, all clothing worn by those who listen will become restrictive and uncomfortably tight. This drops Speed and Strength levels by 2 to a minimum of 1, so long as the clothing is normally worn. This effect lasts for 2 posts, or until the clothing is damaged in some way or removed.

Lythlulu (Shriekers)
…you would remember their song forever, if you heard it just once …
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 19, WILLPOWER 19, TACTICS 18, STAMINA 16
Summons the dog-like Yamabiko, a spirit who causes echoes. During the recitation the volume of the user grows louder and louder with reverberations. The recitation continues an entire round of posting, reaching a point where anyone within 50 feet must protect their ears from the painful loudness. Covering the ears with the hands will prevent hearing damage but won’t prevent the headache inducing pain. When the recitation is finished those within the area of effect who did not exit it will have a ringing fill their ears for the next 2 posts.

Yuopu Yucaga (Twenty Posts)
…ended abruptly, despite having only travelled halfway…
Requirements: STAMINA 19, SPEED 19, STRENGTH 18, INTELLIGENCE 16
Summons Okiku, the spirit of servant whose task in life was to keep track of her employer’s dishes. Any set of similar items numbering exactly 20, no more, no less, can be lifted from the ground in a 20 yard radius and flung towards a location exactly 20 yards from the speaker. The objects strike with 20 in all physical stats (not levels). The recitation itself must use exactly 20 words. The spirit will fail to materialize at all if even one of these conditions is not met.

Stage Six

Un Prepis Foilg (The Taking Tree)
…stopped being a vegetarian after the encounter…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 21, WILLPOWER 20, TACTICS 19, STAMINA 17, SPEED 15
Summons Jubokku, tree which grows from blood rather than water. Any tree within sight may serve as a proper vessel for the spirit, alive or dead. During the recital the branches of the tree come to life and coil together in the shape of claws. These claws can then rake out at any living being they can normally reach, attacking with Level 8 Strength and Speed. This lasts for 3 posts or until 1 person is killed, which sates the tree spirit’s appetite and causes it to disappear.

Un Brigadier’s Grimoire Exe Bau plu Plamt (A Brigadier’s Guide to Tackles and Lures)
…don’t reel in too fast, or you’ll spook the ghosts…
Requirements: STAMINA 21, SPEED 20, STRENGTH 19, INTELLIGENCE 17, WILLPOWER 15
Summons Bake-Kurija, the skeletal remains of a whale. After the recital a ghostly but giant mouth will rise from below and close around the speaker and up to 3 others. This mouth lasts for 2 posts and can sustain taijutsu attacks level 8 and below, but does nothing against ninjutsu. If the mouth is undamaged after 2 posts, it may also spit those inside out up to 100 feet away.

Nonkami Fielis Khronzli (Bad Hair Day)
[i]…wasn’t as funny in hindsight, with all the bodies we had to clean up…[i]
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 23, WILLPOWER 23, TACTICS 22, SPEED 16, STRENGTH 15
Summons Harionago, the woman with poisonous, living hair. A possession target must be identified by the speaker during the recitation; in this case either the hair attached to their own body, or hair that’s been severed in some way from anybody can serve as a catalyst. Each strand wiggles to life and attacks the nearest warm body. The hairs only level 1 Speed and Strength, but transmit a crippling poison should they come into skin contact with another individual. This poison causes extremely vivid hallucinations and increases sensitivity to pain tenfold. The speaker is immune to their own technique, but allies are not.

Doppo un Sopejkun-Vorslame (Doppo the Rubbernecker)
…no understanding of the concept ‘personal space’…
Requirements: STAMINA 23, SPEED 23, STRENGTH 22, WILLPOWER 16, TACTICS 15
Summons Nurariyon, a gourd-headed spirit who likes to squeeze into crowded areas. After a short recitation, whenever the user stands within 5 feet of 3 people or more, they cannot be seen by those outside the group. This invisibility persists even if offensive actions are taken. Lasts until the conditions are no longer met.

Quo Cestos Exe un Auxmoouter (My Trip to the Wasteland)
…went about as you might expect…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 26, WILLPOWER 25, TACTICS 24, STAMINA 19, SPEED 17
Summons Hiderigami, a placid female spirit associated with droughts. As the recital begins those listening experience a sudden dryness in their mouth. As the recitation continues the air becomes hot and arid, and standing in the light (natural or unnatural) slowly becomes more painful. By the time the recitation finishes anyone standing within 100 feet of the speaker will experiencing painful skin burning and blistering if they remain in the light. Standing in the dark or in shadow, or dousing oneself in water can prevent this. This lasts for 3 posts for all affected, apart for the speaker themselves.

Auxnute (Junked)
…thousands of ideas, none of them any good…
Requirements: STAMINA 26, SPEED 25, STRENGTH 24, INTELLIGENCE 19, WILLPOWER 17
Summons Bakeneko, the shapeshifting cat with an identity crisis. Unlike most Kami spirits, Bakeneko can be seen by those without Kami sensitivity, and appears as a slightly luminescent white cat. Bakeneko takes the form of whoever is the most ‘interesting’ person she sees, mimicking their speech, personality, behaviors, and physical stats for a short duration. What qualifies as ‘interesting’ tends to vary depending on circumstance, but it’s usually whoever is experiencing the strongest emotional state at the time. In battle this typically means whoever is angriest or most bloodthirsty, but in casual settings this could mean anyone. Bakeneko lasts for 3 posts where she’ll do whatever she wants, or until any physical attack hits her and she chickens out.

Stage Seven

Un Chyitu Iieas Auxpredhokn Brixxis (The Bet You Shouldn’t Make)
…”For the right price, anything.”…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 30, WILLPOWER 27, TACTICS 26, STAMINA 22, SPEED 20
Summons the money-hoarding Kanedama, who requires an unconscious or sleeping person to possess to be summoned. In keeping with the Brigade of Light’s non-profit philosophy, Kanedama offers assistance only to those performing jobs with no expectation of payment after. After a short discussion with whoever summoned him, Kanedama will give his summoner a small totem or token of some kind. For the duration of the thread anyone who sees this item (apart from those present when it was first given) will be filled an intense desire to obtain the item, no matter how worthless it might actually be. The individual makes up the reason for this desire, but usually it is either because they believe it to be valuable, or because they believe it to have power. The item loses this allure as soon as it travels more than a mile away from the person it was given to.

Quo Prepnoa Brixxn un Auxhomin (I Made Friends with the Undead)
…”You’ll find me quite the side-splitter!”…
Requirements: STAMINA 30, SPEED 27, STRENGTH 26, INTELLIGENCE 22, WILLPOWER 20
Summons the wise-cracking, giant skeleton Gashadokuro. During the recital the speaker points at various targets or locations, and when the recitation is finished Gashadokuro noiselessly reaches his long neck out and takes a mighty bite out of those areas. Those who do not move are crushed with Level 14 Strength, though the skeleton himself only moves at a Speed level of 5. Gashadokuro cannot be seen by the Kami-insensitive but can be seen by those he’s been ordered to chomp on. He disappears the post after his work is finished, regardless of whether or not his bites wounded anyone. While he is known for being quite stealthy and indestructible, the old bag of bones will only get to work after making his summoner listen to a wise-crack or bad pun first.

Res Qolyt Iiea, Syuro un Syuis? (Where are you, Father?)
…”Being spineless isn’t so bad. At least it means you can’t be broken!”…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 32, WILLPOWER 30, TACTICS 28, STAMINA 24, SPEED 22
Summons the formless, sagging, body-odor reeking fat blob Nuppeppu. Despite the genderless Nuppeppu’s grotesque smell and appearance, its really quite harmless and docile. The flesh of Nuppeppu, when eaten, heals all wounds, even normally fatal ones, and will permanently grant Kami-sensitivity to those who consume it. Nuppeppu flesh is also said to extend the lifespan by 20 years, though this is unproven. Its flesh is also offensive to the tongue and stomach as might be expected. Nuppeppu freely gives its flesh to anyone who would sit and listen to it tell a story for a post. Only one chunk of Nuppeppu flesh may be eaten a thread. Nuppeppu will linger around for two posts regardless since it likes to hang out. Nuppeppu won’t come out in a battle since violence upsets it.

Auxpoku (Unworthy)
…”No words exist that can express my disdain for plebeians such as yourself.”…
Requirements: STAMINA 32, SPEED 30, STRENGTH 28, INTELLIGENCE 24, WILLPOWER 22
Summons Aonyobo, a female guardian spirit of royalty. Aonyobo wears many kimonos and has black teeth, in the ancient royal style. Those who are not in the speaker’s ‘household’, which is to say anyone the speaker chooses, will experience a strong push away from the speaker during the recitation equal to level 2 Strength. Each post the speaker continues their recitation, this force doubles. This can be maintained indefinitely and anyone who can still hear the speaker will continue to be pushed back with ever increasing force until they can no longer hear the recitation. Aonyobo refuses to touch those with royal blood, or those from famous shinobi clans, as she believes herself below those individuals.

Tamamo un Auxveedi (Tamamo the Liar)
…”How did I do? Was I cool?”…
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE 35, WILLPOWER 33, TACTICS 31, STAMINA 26, STRENGTH 18
Summons an imposter Tamamo-no-Mae, the manipulative fox demon. She pretends to have nine tails like the legendary fiend she imitates, but in fact is nothing more than an unrelatedly powerful fox spirit. When called out Tamomo-no-Mae takes the form of any bijuu desired by the speaker and will appear in a colorful swirl of glowing, evil power. This can appear to destroy the landscape around the speaker, knocking buildings over and causing all manner of disasters as they recite from their Grimoire. So potent is the illusion even those with enhanced vision will think it real. This collective hallucination lasts until the speaker stops talking, at which point everything poofs back to normal as if nothing happened. The fake Tamamo won’t appear unless she is promised an opportunity to show off in front of more than 1 person. Can last at most 2 posts.

Zinh Mu, Zihn (Always Perfect, Always )
…”Who are you to tell me what beauty is?”…
Requirements: STAMINA 35, SPEED 33, STRENGTH 31, INTELLIGENCE 26, TACTICS 18
Summons Nure-Onna, the solitude seeking snake monster. Nure-Onna scorns most humans as she finds them vain and petty and won’t appear unless summoned with selfless, noble intent. She appears to the Kami-insensitive as whatever it is they might find desirable in a partner, friend, or lover, of either gender or orientation. To everyone else she’s just a giant, human-headed snake. Nure-Onna can identify from sight alone those who have killed in cold blood, for material gain, or out of lust, and can also detect killing or harmful intent from those she speaks with. Nure-Onna will linger for 4 posts after being summoned and communicates with a one-way telepathic link to her summoner. She doesn’t follow orders typically, preferring to actively go out searching for evil men and women to extract revenge on. Nure-Onna is not strong or fast, but a single bite from her is fatal within 1 post.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Junge; 07-26-2018 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
Junge
on the last train home

Glade of the Kirin

Brigade of Light Summons
Family Name
Kirin
Family Type
Taijutsu
Village
Brigade of Light

Home: Anywhere
For centuries members of the House of Kirin have chosen to live an aesthetic and solitary lifestyle, spread out across the continent. This makes negotiating with the family difficult, as each member lives separate from the rest, and no one unified contract exists. Each kirin lives in small, isolated glades, untouched by man. In fact, the very act of a human entering a kirin’s home renders it spoiled, requiring the kirin seek out a new one. This makes meetings rather unpleasant for all involved parties.

Description:

Each kirin takes on a slightly different form, but among them all are some unifying features. All kirin have four hooved feet with two toes, much like a deer. Kirin’s are all obligate herbivores which subsist entirely on grasses and leaves. Kirin range in size from that of a household dog all the way up to giraffe. On their heads are a pair of small forked antlers which are sharp, but usually do not extend more than a foot. The tail of a kirin usually consists of long hairs like a horse’s or ox’s. The skin is often covered in scales like a fish, which can be of any color or pattern. They possess fearsome looking large-mouthed heads reminiscent of those of a lion or dragon.

When speaking kirin’s are said to sound like a multitude of tiny bells or the whistle of the wind. They do not roar. When walking they seem to tiptoe everywhere, and it is said that kirin can walk through grass without disturbing a single blade. As creatures of nature they are fascinated by the novelties of civilization such as refined metals and gems.

The kirin are said to possess the supernatural ability to judge the character of those they meet. It is a bit more complicated than determining if a person is ‘good’ or ‘evil’, but in general kirin are extremely perceptive to the wiles of humans and can figure out the intent of others after just a few moments observing them. This is not a prophetic vision- it merely means a kirin can tell what the emotional state and motivations of an individual at the exact moments they interact with them.

History

Important Members

Summoning Rules
Summoning a kirin requires no chakra and works from a system of oaths rather than strict payments or loyalties. When one wishes to form a contract with a kirin they must set up a ritual to summon the beast, and then engage it in a dialogue. Each Kirin assesses the worthiness of the individual, and if they are found suitable, a binding, lifetime oath is sworn. This oath varies from kirin to kirin and from individual to individual, but usually requires some commitment or sacrifice. Some simple oaths would be statements like ‘I will never consume animal flesh’ or ‘I will only attack in self-defense’, while more difficult oaths might be something like ‘I will never intentionally kill another intelligent being’ or ‘I will never tell a lie.’. If the oath is knowingly and willfully broken by the contract holder, the Kirin will not come forth until a new ritual and oath is sworn. Otherwise they can be called without a scroll simply by reciting their name.

Family Techniques:
Although unaffiliated with ninja, the kirin have developed their own equivalent stealth techniques to hide away from the prying reaches of humanity. In addition basic ninjutsu skills kirin are capable of defending themselves through the ancient art of Isshiki Ikioi Hanpatsu (Reflect All Force) and Hi-chimeiteki Arashi (Nonlethal Storm). If they must, kirin use their antlers or scales as a weapons. Their scales can even be detached as needed, and kirin who particularly like an individual might give them a scale as a present (or as a shield).

Path of the Kirin

Steps of the Path can only be earned through performing good deeds, though not necessarily for the Brigade of Light. Evil acts will incur the subtraction of steps, up to and including all of them if the act is bad enough.
1 –You discover a hidden glade of a kirin and catch a glimpse of it before it flees.
2 – While traveling you come upon a pair of antlers, but following your gut you leave them untouched.
3 – You a visited by Satori in disguise, and engage him in light discussion. You are given a piece of jewelry with a precious gem inside, corresponding to your birthstone.
4 – Satori grants you the opportunity to take his contract. If you already had it, the first kirin you summon each thread does not count against your usages.
5 – You find a hiding Genbu by mistake! He offers you the opportunity to take his contract. If you already had it, you may conceal yourself in a big shadow for a single post.
6 – You come upon Aosaghinohi while she is bathing. She offers you her contract. If you already had it, your summons may sustain one extra wound per thread before disappearing.
7 – Satori modifies your gem to vibrate whenever you are within 50 feet of something hostile.
8 – Genbu teaches you to walk across vegetation without breaking or disturbing it.
9 – You come upon Basan while he is in the middle of a meal. He offers you a plate, and his contract. If you already had it, once per thread you day regain all your stamina by eating a freshly cooked meal.
10 – After proving yourself in a spar, Basan teachers you Kirin Sage Mode.
11 – Onami wakes you up one morning and offers you her contract. If you already had it, your gemstone is modified so those who wear it may communicate telepathically with your summons.
12 – King Kirin visits you and is angry because he thinks you are courting his daughter. After clearing up the misunderstanding, he offers a you an apology and his contract. If you already had it then once per thread you may summon multiple kirin simultaneously, as long as their combined stages do not exceed 7.
13 – King Kirin visits and insists you marry Onami. After refusing, he instead modifies your gemstone so that kirin you summon are mentally linked, allowing that kirin to use taijutsu styles you know (assuming they meet the requirements).
14 – Nazamu visits you in a dream. She offers her contract. If you already had it, once per thread your gemstone can foretell the coming of a disaster.
15 – Your devotion to kirin-kind does not go unnoticed, and Nazamu exerts her influence to allow you to break 1 oath per thread without losing access to your summons.

Kirin Sage Mode

As kirin themselves are widely varied in physical appearance, so does a kirin Sage. However a few traits are common between Sages. All Sages grow a six inch pair of forked antlers from their forehead, which can be sharp or blunt. The hair grows longer and surrounds the neck and shoulders like a lion’s mane. The Sage always seems to move around on their tiptoes, but doesn’t lose any speed or precision while doing so. Markings can develop on the face of various colors and patterns, but usually in a way that invokes the imagery of kirin scales. Finally the mouth of the Sage may grow wider and the shape of their skull shifted slightly, giving just the barest impression of a dragon.

Kuchiyose no Kirin
A Stamina
B Strength
C Speed
D Willpower
E Tactics
F Intelligence

Stage One – Satori
Requirements: A=3, F=2

Of all the kirin virtues, Satori has chosen understanding to be his life’s work. As a kirin he looks somewhat like an ape, with a rounder head and human-like eyes and thick tail as opposed to the more dragon-like features of his kin. His scales are an earthy brown color. Satori much prefers dialog and discussion to fighting, and is well-learned and well-traveled. He has a general knowledge of the history of humankind from the last 40 years and is always eager to share it.

More often than not he is found using the shinobi art of henge to transform himself into a human shape. He does not have a preferred image and freely changes between male and female forms as suits his whim. He will often choose to change himself into a human similar in features to his summoner in order to pose as a brother or sister, but is open to suggestions.

Statistics

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 3 = 4
Willpower 1 + 2 = 3
Tactics 1 + 2 = 3

Chakra
Power 1 + 2 = 3
Control 1 + 2 = 3
Reserves 1 + 1 = 2

Physical
Strength 1 + 1 = 2
Speed 1 + 1 = 2
Stamina 1 + 1 = 2

Jutsu

Global Ninjutsu
[1] Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique) (Control 3, Intelligence 2)

Open Slot: A=4, B=4
Open Slot: D=4, E=4

Stage Two - Genbu
Requirements: A=6, B=6, D=4
Long ago Genbu chose pacifism as his kirin virtue. His interpretation of that has lead him to become incredibly cowardly and conflict avoidant. While his personal lifestyle may be questionable by many, it has served him well in his many decades of life. Genbu stands no taller than a dog and is covered in stealthy, nonreflective black scales. His face is wrinkly and scaled like a reptile’s, and his black eyes seem to bulge out of his head. He has a proclivity to resting in shadowy places. He moves quietly and talks so softly you have to be right next to him to hear it.

As a rule Genbu never strikes first and this is something he will adamantly insist on. As a follow-up he really doesn’t have any problem with killing dangerous enemies either. He just doesn’t want to be the one to do it. His expertise lies in avoiding combat and he can be counted on to find the way out of a sticky situation, or at the very least minimize the damage.

Statistics

Physical
Strength 1 + 6 = 7 (+2 RAF)
Speed 1 = 1 (+2 RAF)
Stamina 1 + 4 = 5 (+5 RAF)

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 3 = 4
Willpower 1 + 2 = 3
Tactics 1 + 3 = 4

Chakra
Power 1 + 2 = 3
Control 1 + 2 = 3
Reserves 1 + 1 = 2

Jutsu

Reflect All Force
Stage One
Stat Requirements: 3 Stamina, 5 Strength
Stage Bonuses: +5 Stamina, +2 Strength, +2 Speed

Sage Special Technique
The Turtle Trot
Requirements: A=7, B= 7, D=6
Natural selection put heavy pressures on the kirin to find ways to avoid hunters, and Genbu’s personal favorite he called the Trot. Even in the heat of battle, if one pays special attention to how they move their feet and body, they can avoid causing any noises or disturbances at all. This this technique passively mutes all noise coming from or caused by the user. This passive only applies in Sage Mode for humans, but applies all the time for Genbu. Performing this technique makes one look like they are very conspicuously tiptoeing around, though.

Open Slot: D=7, E=7, B=6

Stage Three - Aosaghinohi
Requirements: A=9, B=9, D=7
Of the kirin virtues, Aosaghinohi made sacrifice her own, though perhaps not by choice. The long-necked Aosaghinohi only stands as tall as an adult deer. Her head rests a good twenty feet above her body, though! Her preferred stance is to lie in the grass and let her head do the moving. Fluffy brown down-like feathers cover her body and her yellow eyes are small and beady, like a sparrow’s. Slender her form might be she’s got a rather bitter and temperamental attitude, owing in part to her lousy memory and tendency to get beheaded whenever she sticks her neck out for someone.

Of all the kirin she is the only one with regenerative abilities, but only in the cases where her neck is cleanly severed from the body. Also it takes like a week to grow a new one and she’s always in a terrible mood after, so it’s best to not rely on this or ask her to do it without a very good reason.

Statistics

Physical
Strength 1 + 6 = 7 (+10 NLS)
Speed 1 +9 = 10
Stamina 1 + 5 = 6 (+8 NLS)

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 5 = 6
Willpower 1 + 5 = 6
Tactics 1 + 5 = 6

Chakra
Power 1 + 3 = 4
Control 1 + 3 = 4
Reserves 1 + 4 = 5

Jutsu

Non-Lethal Storm
Stage Two
Stat Requirements: Speed 9, Stamina 5, Intelligence 6
Stage Bonus: +5 Stamina +4 Speed

Sage Special Technique
The Saint’s Sacrifice

Requirements: A=10, B=10, F=8
Antlers aren’t just for show, you know! By performing a massive headbutt they can be driven into an opponent with an excessive amount of force, adding 2 levels of Strength to the attack if it hits. Unfortunately antlers are kind of just for show, and doing this will cause them to break off in the process. Antlers grow back after 2 posts.

Open Slot: D=10, E=10, C=8

Stage Four - Basan
Requirements:
A=14, B=13, C=11, E=10
It took several tries before Basan could finally settle on ’courage’ as his chosen virtue. ‘Honor’ didn’t quite work out- he’s notorious for fighting dirty. Likewise ‘resolve’ ended up falling flat as Basan can be flighty and prone to changing his mind. ‘Flashy’ isn’t a virtue but he definitely qualifies. His scales are a mix of brilliantly shining reds, oranges, and yellows, and tufts of fur and feathers along his body give an amazing impression of flame. Unlike all other kirin Basan has a large beak instead of a mouth, and a rooster like waddle and crest atop his head.

His veins quite literally pump with hot blood and Basan jumps into fights faster than most other kirin. His body he has trained to be shield for others. Though he hates the taste of meat, he is the only one of the kirin who can consume it. Those he truly trusts he shares his secret recipes with, and it is not unheard of for summoners to call Basan’s name simply to share a meal with the kirin.

Statistics

Physical
Strength 1 + 12 =13 (+6 RAF)
Speed 1 +7= 8 (+6 RAF)
Stamina 1 + 9 = 10 (+15 RAF)

Chakra
Power 1 + 9 = 10
Control 1 + 9 = 10
Reserves 1 + 9 = 10

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 8 = 9
Willpower 1 + 8 = 9
Tactics 1 + 8 = 9

Jutsu

Reflect All Force
Stage Three
Stage Requirements: 10 Stamina, 10 Strength, 8 Tactics
Special Techniques
Chakra Coating Shield Technique (Power 10, Control 10, Reserves 8)

Sage Special Techniques
The Fire Rises

Requirements: A=15, B=15, C=13, D=14
Get hype! Basan’s attitude and demeanor extends to an aura around him, boosting morale and remove exhaustion to all allies nearby. Passively reduces the severity of pain and improves Stamina by 3 levels of all those friendly to the user within a 25 foot radius. This aura is always active for Basan. If used by a Sage, the activation consumes 1 Sage usage, but can be maintained indefinitely so long as Sage Mode is active.

Open Slot: D=15, E=15, F=13, A=14

Stage Five - Onami
Requirements:
A=18, B=17, C=17, E=14

Onami swore her life to the virtue of ‘loyalty’. Unfortunately for many of her would-be summoners, ‘loyal’ doesn’t mean ‘nice’. As a member of the kirin Royal line she expects a certain amount of decorum and protocol be followed. If she doesn’t like what she sees, Onami won’t hesitate to order others –including the person who summoned her- around.

She stands a bit taller than most kirin, about 7 feet high from head to toe. Her scales shine like gold and evoke a sense of wealth and grandeur. Likewise she tends to speak like royalty with lots of big declarations and commands. Despite her attitude Onami is considered one of the most reliable kirin when it comes to getting things done. Just don’t expect her to be very friendly about it.

Statistics

Physical
Strength 1 + 9 =10
Speed 1 +18= 19 (+16 NLS)
Stamina 1 + 13 = 14 (+20 NLS)

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 13 = 14
Willpower 1 + 12 = 13
Tactics 1 + 10 = 11

Chakra
Power 1 + 10 = 11
Control 1 + 10 = 11
Reserves 1 + 10 = 11

Jutsu

Non-Lethal Storm
Stage Four
Stat Requirements: Speed 19, Stamina 14, Strength 10, Intelligence 14
Special Techniques
-Thunderclap
-Thunderstorm

Sage Special Technique
Supernovae

Requirements: A=19, B=19, C=18, D=16
Normal kirin can’t roar, but Onami is no ordinary kirin. After glowing gold for a few seconds she rears back and unleashes a show-stopping bellow that seems to shatter the very air. This technique causes every weapon that’s drawn blood (that is, has fresh blood on it) to break and shatter with the force of an explosive tag. The effect is strongest within 50 feet of the roar, dropping off to a mere explosive pouch force explosion past that for another 50 feet. Naturally the user of this technique is immune to their own technique, but allies won’t be.

Open Slot: D=19, E=19, F=18, A=16

Stage Six - King Kirin
Requirements:
A=23, B=23, C=22, E=16, F=15
King Kirin’s actual name isn’t King, but it’s been so long since anyone called him by anything else that nobody can remember what his given name is. Most are surprised to learn someone as obsessed with nobility as King takes on the virtue of ‘humility’. His marvelous multicolor scales certainly don’t seem very humble. Nor do his mighty, many pronged antlers, or his massive ravenous dragon’s jaw. Even the completely useless leather wings King sports on his back give off an aura of ‘look at me, I’m so special!’.

But, when all the brouhaha and bluster are put aside, King is incredibly selfless and is always seeking ways to put himself before others. The fate of the kirin family weighs heavy on his shoulders and King won’t hesitate to lower himself to whatever level is needed to ensure the survival of his kin. This even extends to the Brigade of Light, who King sees as kirin surrogates. King will not go quietly into that good night.

Statistics

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 20 = 21
Willpower 1 + 20 = 21
Tactics 1 + 20 = 21

Chakra
Power 1 + 17 = 18
Control 1 + 17 = 18
Reserves 1 + 16 = 17

Physical
Strength 1 + 9 =10
Speed 1 +18= 19 (+16 NLS)
Stamina 1 + 13 = 14 (+20 NLS)

Jutsu

Global Ninjutsu
[4]Tenkuu Hokou no Gyou (The Art of Walking on Air) (Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13, Intelligence 14)
[5]Hiritsuku Kasumi no Jutsu (Stinging Mist Technique) ( Power 17, Control 16, Reserves 16, Intelligence 15)
[5] Chidori (Thousand Birds) ( Intelligence 18, Tactics 17, Willpower 17, Control 14)
[6] Fuuja Houin (Evil Sealing Method) Requirements: Intelligence 21, Tactics 20, Willpower 19, Power 17, Control 15,

Non-Lethal Storm
Stage Four
Stat Requirements: Speed 19, Stamina 14, Strength 10, Intelligence 14
Special Techniques
-Death of a Thousand Cuts

Sage Special Technique
Oathbreaker

Requirements: A=26, B=25, C=24, D=19, E=17
King Kirin was one of the original elders that forged the Kirin contracts, and today he is the last left alive. The (alleged) royal blood in his veins grants him the ability to draft and bind oaths of all sorts. While this technique is most frequently used for kirin betrothals, in combat it can be used to cancel techniques which bind others into slavery or service. Through a simple, musical whistle, King unbinds the commands from any independently operating chakra construct or summon. This dismisses any Stage Five bunshin/artificial life jutsu or lower outright, and sends lower summons back to whence they came. In addition this technique can be used once per thread to completely nullify a Stage Five or lower genjutsu from a single target.

Open Slot: D=26, E=25, F=24, A=19, B=17

Stage Seven - Nazamu
Requirements:
A=32, B=30, C=28, D= 24, E=22
The easy going and placid Nazamu could easily be mistaken for a fish were she not as big as a house. Her mouth is adorned with catfish-like whiskers and a large pair of gill slits can be seen on her neck. Two round fish-eyes sit on her face and her blue scales are dotted with fins. Even her hooved feet are webbed! Nazamu’s long life has been devoted to the virtue of ‘patience’. This is plain as day from her attitude: she simply cannot get worked up over the incredibly small worries of the short-lived. Human and kirin alike will find themselves ignored if their requests are too shallow, too mundane, or too ineffectual.

But! When a worthy task presents itself Nazamu will be the first to spring into action. She still longs for a cause worth dying for, and entertains the Brigade of Light’s whims only because she foresees such an event occurring within her lifetime. The big oaf spends most her time sleeping in bodies of water, though, and contacting her often means having to shake her out of some pleasant dream she’s having.

Statistics

Physical
Strength 1 + 29 =30 (+12 RAF)
Speed 1 +32= 33 (+12 RAF)
Stamina 1 + 29 = 30 (+30 RAF)

Mental
Intelligence 1 + 27 = 28
Willpower 1 + 27 = 28
Tactics 1 + 26 = 27

Chakra
Power 1 + 23 = 24
Control 1 + 19 = 20
Reserves 1 + 18 = 19

Jutsu

Global Ninjutsu
[2] Kyou Masukingu no Jutsu (Sound Masking Technique)( Intelligence 6, Tactics 5, Control 5)
[4]Saihen no Te (Hand of Debris) Intelligence 12, Tactics 11, Willpower 10, Power 12,
[5]Rasengan (Spiral Sphere) ( Power 19, Control 19, Reserves 18, Intelligence 16)
[6] Shogiyomi (Underworld Spears) (Intelligence 23, Tactics 23, Willpower 22, Control 16, Reserves 15)
[6] Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Technique) (Power 21, Control 20, Reserves 19, Intelligence 17, Tactics 15)

Reflect All Force

Stage 6
Requirements: 30 Stamina, 26 Strength, 19 Speed, 20 Tactics, 16 Intelligence
Special Techniques
- Chakra Coating Shield Technique (Power 10, Control 10, Reserves 8)

Sage Special Technique
Windfish’s Dream

Requirements: A=35, B=33, C=31, D=26, F=18
Deep in her slumber, Nazamu finds it difficult to get up the energy to show up for small-time problems. Passively this technique allows her to use ninjutsu while sleeping, which isn’t of tremendous use to most others. However, her dreams are so rich and detailed that she may conjure kage bunshin not of just herself, but of any member of the kirin family she wishes. Up to 5 of the clones she forms can be imitations of the kirin in this contract, with the full stats and techniques they would normally have. Sages may use this technique to create clones of consenting allies of equal or lower rank, even without knowing the kage bunshin jutsu themselves.

Open Slot: D=35, E=33, F=31, A=26, C=18

Last edited by Junge; 07-25-2018 at 04:10 PM..
Old 07-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
Junge
on the last train home

The Brigade of Light

Hikaru no Ryodan

Let Us Make Good

The Brigade of Light make their home on the Long Lake of Valley Country. The original college now exists as a sprawling campus along the shore of the lake, and a small village grows around its fortress-like walls. To enter the University one must pass through two massive iron doors, both displaying the sigil for the Brigade on the front. Within the Academy lays the library, a warehouse of a room that holds a score of essays on the symbiotic link of Humanity and Kami in addition to numerous other subjects. Within the walls is also the humble Hikaru no Ryodan Shrine, where those sensitive to the Kami can be taught in the ways of the shrine maiden.

The Academy does not charge tuition for its lessons or fees for work by its agents. However, donations from University alumni or those helped by Brigade agents help to fund the growing campus. Construction can be heard all over Long Lake as the increasing fame of the Brigade of Light brings in money, for better and worse.

Belief:

It is the belief of the Brigade of Light that it is the despair and depravity of humanity that twists the Kami. These twisted Kami lead to natural disasters and supernatural creatures that threaten Humanity. By bringing hope and light to humanity the Brigade of Light can safeguard the Kami, and thus protect Humanity.

All work done by those in the Brigade of Light must be done free of charge. Brigadiers of the Brigade of Light may accept a warm meal or bed as payment for help rendered, or any other manner of gift, but cannot and will not demand any payment be made.

Goals:

The Brigade of Light has three mandates that members strive to follow.

I. Do Good
When people need help, help. When people need to be defended, defend. The Brigade of Light brings hope to those who despair in their time of need.
II. Heed the Will of God
Protect the Kami from defilement. Black Miko exist to twist those humanity’s prayers into curses.There are only two paths to dealing with a Black Miko, redemption or death.
III. Safeguard Against the Dark
What is the darkness that both Humanity and the Kami must be safeguarded against? No one is sure, but the resurgence of the Isle of Spirits and the Bijuu are a turning point in this Age. Whatever transpires the Brigade of Light will be there without hesitation to stand against what may come.
Membership
The Brigade of Light draws membership from any who would come knocking at their door, with a few exceptions. Any of good intent (as determined by the Headmaster) are allowed to enter the campus and study. However, gaining entry into the Brigade is a much harder task.

The two major groups who are not allowed into the Brigade of Light are those who belong to a foreign military and those who would commit evil acts for personal gain. The former is rather easy to prove, while the latter requires a test to be given to the person in order to determine their ‘worthiness’.

The Brigade of Light prides itself in its neutrality and any person working for a government by definition cannot be neutral, and therefore cannot join. Persons who once belonged to a government, or who once held evil beliefs, may of course recant their loyalties in an attempt to join. These circumstances are rare and require immense oversight by the elders of the Brigade to determine if the prospective member has had a change of heart, or are lying.

Members each are given a unique white mask when joining, which signifies their allegiance to the Brigade. Often these are shaped like animals but can be any type of mask the member desires.

History:

Long before man learned to harness chakra there were the Kami and those who studied them. Those who wished to study the link between humanity and the Kami founded an Academy on the shores of Long Lake. Through study these academics found that the extreme reactions of the Kami correlated to negative human emotion. Over decades these ‘curses’ were tracked, their victims counted, and the data meticulously entered into massive logbooks.

The data was clear: as mental conditions of the afflicted grew worse, disasters seemed to spread. Crops withered and died. Livestock grew sick and frail. Some even projected if the curses spread far enough, civilization and society as known by man would crumbled and fall to the darkness.

The Academy wrote dissertations, filled scrolls, and published discovery after discovery. Humanity, they said, influenced spirits of the land, rather than the other way around. Despite heavy refutation from governments and priesthoods alike, these documents gained worldwide infamy. But that is all they gained. Nothing else came from the books and encyclopedias put out by the Academy. The accumulated wisdom of centuries fell on deaf ears. And, as the supernatural threat of the corrupted Kami faded in the memories of mankind, the Academy withdrew from the spotlight.

Twenty years ago, a man strode into their hallowed halls. The scholars could tell from a glance that he was a man of the blade, not of the pen. "What on earth could he want," they asked themselves.

That dormant, unused knowledge was the answer.

The warrior claimed he fought a sorcerer with magicks unknown to humanity. This foul conjurer he learned to be a Black Miko, spoken of in texts so ancient their pages almost dissolved into sand as he turned them. The man grew agitated and distraught as he learned how the Academy knew of this darkness, but did nothing about it.
"How can you do nothing, knowing what vile evil walks this earth?" The man asked when his studies concluded.

"We do something," one scholar answered. "We publish our writings."

"And what good is that! Ten thousand volumes of dust, forgotten by the world! Why do you not fight what you know to be rotting the world?" The man asked.

Another scholar looked away. "It is not our place."

The warrior drew his sword, "Then I shall make it mine."

And thus the Brigade of Light was born.

Politics:

The Brigade of Light declares itself a neutral entity devoted to study and acquisition of knowledge as well as the extermination of evil. So far, this neutrality is respected by most parties.

-Valley Country: Within Valley Country the feelings for the Brigade are mixed. At best they are seen as an example of goodwill, and at worst they are seen inefficient scholars.

-Shinobi Countries: In general the Brigade does not interfere with the will of the elemental countries. However, the mandate of the Brigade forces members to stand against any acts of depravity to the general populace no matter who instigates the evil. Likewise a member of the Brigade can happily lend what assistance they can if their goals align with those of shinobi operatives.

-Last Legion of the Immortal Guard:
Very rarely does the Brigade have any dealings with the Last Legion aside from entering and leaving the City of Kings. The Brigade is host to a number of Ronin who have split off from the Last Legion due to difference of opinion.

-High Wardens of Calamity Mountain:
The Brigade will have no dealings with the High Wardens. While they respect the High Warden’s dedication, The Brigade of Light does not agree in how they go about their duties seeing it as a half-hearted measure.

-Brigade of Light:
There exist within the Brigade many competing factions that are uncomfortable with the degree of militarization of the Brigade. As of now, the Headmaster permits open discussion of these issues, but is the final word on Brigade of Light policy.

Divisions
The Brigade of Light are NOT military, and do not operate as such. There is no chain of command, and each member is expected to act intelligently and within their own beliefs in so much as doing so would not harm the overall goals of the organization. However, a rank system of seniority does exist, with those higher on the ladder receiving more deference compared to those lower. Higher ranks are not 'stronger' or 'more important', rather they simply reflect those with greater duties and responsibilities within the group.

Brigadiers
Brigadiers are the ‘meat and potatoes’ of the Brigade. Most members fall into this division as it represents nothing but a basic membership into the organization. Brigadiers have access to all the Brigade of Light lists.

Headmaster – The leader of the Brigade of Light, decided each five years by election from all members. Currently held by Dr. Oho no Annei

First Brigadiers – Those who have earned the distinction to lead teams of Brigade members gain this title.

Second Brigadiers
– The base level Brigadier after promotion from Junior Brigadier. Represents full membership in the Brigade of Light.

Junior Brigadiers
– Those who first join the Brigade are assigned this rank until they have proven themselves worthy of more responsibility. Has no access to Brigade of Light lists.
Follows of the Path
Those who are Kami-sensitive and wish to become or already are mikos typically fall into this division. There is no requirement that shrine maidens or priests join the Hikaru no Ryogan shrine as the Brigade of Light is open to all (good intentioned) faiths. Followers of the Path have access to all Brigade of Light lists.

Pontiff – The head of the Hikaru no Ryodan Shrine, who manages its members and grounds. Currently held by the priest Kogyoku Tonegawa.

Eparch – The highest distinction possible for a Hikaru no Ryodan shrine maiden or priest.

Cenobite – The common rank most miko members of the Brigade of Light fall under.

Apostle – Introductory rank given to new students of the shrine. Has no access to Brigade of Light lists.
Scholars
Technically all students and teachers in the Academy are Brigade of Light members, though they are not expected to go out and slay evil like a Brigadier might. Scholars do not necessarily have access to all Brigade of Light lists and must ask permission to study them. They may still may perform Brigade of Light jobs and missions.

Dean of Studies – The Brigade of Light was and still is a university, and the Dean is in control of all academy happenings within the campus. Elected every six years by the professors. Currently held by Dr. Eikowasa Irio

Professor - Those who teach classes at the Academy, considered experts in their respective fields. Professorhood is earned through at least five years of teaching experience and having written at least 1 dissertation on a novel subject. Promotions to this level are frequently host to the bitter inter-personal politics of campus life.

Adjunct – Professors-in-training, adjuncts are most commonly seen doing the ‘grunt work’ of the academic world. This can mean grading papers, teaching night classes, or being out in the field collecting data for the professors research.

Neophyte – Not a rank so much as a simple title given to those who attend the University’s classes. Students are not technically Brigade of Light members, but can reside within its dormitories and attends its classes.
NPCs:

Lists:
Glade of the Kirin - Brigade of Light Summons
The Grand Grimoire - Brigade of Light Minor Summons

Player Members:
None

GM:
Junge
CommonRider (GM emeritus)

Last edited by Junge; 07-27-2018 at 04:45 AM..