iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Calibur
Elder Member
 
Calibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 713
Default Episode #1 ~ Unwritten Epic

Cast

Getsuei Gen ~ Calibur
Hyousetsu Echizen ~ Hitoko


§

He smears his cheek with a dash of red, like scoring a line in the mud. A glare of defiance simmers on one side of it as does a broad smile on the other. He is shinobi. He lives for his craft.

Buckles snap into place and a length of red cloth is drawn like fire thrown from a dragon’s throat, unraveling with a rough whine, pulled taught, straining against white knuckles.

Then the reflection disappears like a ghost, the mirror’s muse spinning away with the fire encircling it and trailing from its waist in a blossom of energy. The silent warrior lands easily on his…bed?

Midnight blue sandals appear where once there were ten wriggling toes and bracers of a composite design are pulled over pale forearms, young and unblemished by combat yet to be experienced. Undaunted by dangers lurking beyond his lair, the shinobi faces off against the first foe of many and springs into action, landing before the mirror monster with a bold cry.

“Ha!”

He is ready. A kick, a jab, the slice of a palm; with the stamp of his leading foot, the intrepid powerhouse makes his stance and squares off against his ghost, eyes narrowing. Fingers curl, a righteous fist presented to this phantom equal, the lifeless evidence of all things past and a reminder of all that may occur. Yet it is a noise from beyond, a knock against the wall of his confinement, which drains all colours but the single stripe of paint from his cheeks. Eyes widening and mouth closing, it is then that the young warrior comprehends his mistake, and inhales sharply through his nostrils as if that would suck the voice back into his body.

“Sorry mom…”

He waits. The moment lengthens. There is silence. He collects himself.

He moves. The crack in his doorframe widens. The hallway is clear. He collects his rucksack from the floor and edges out into the dim light. As he tightens the straps around his shoulders, the warrior-turned-explorer now becomes the messenger for his precious cargo. None but him can be trusted. This is a sacred mission. It was the mission he was born to accomplish, a nindo-maker or a nindo-breaker.

The world outside is a dark, uneasy shade of blue as patchy clouds strangle the natural warp and weft of the waning moonlight, and the Getsuei clansman can almost hear something on that vast horizon crying out to be healed. As if rising to that very occasion, he closes the door and steps out onto a lonely courtyard, pulling his collar up to his nose and rolling his shoulders in anticipation.

The time for hesitation, it appears, is through.

My name is Getsuei Gen, and for those of you just joining me, this is what it feels like to fly.

It starts as a sprint off the mark, with arms pumping like pistons to build up speed, the world around him flattening into a single surface. There are no walls to stop him or falls to break him; there is his body and its natural medium, and like an artist he strives for his own masterpiece. Saluting the the great god Tsukiyomi’s statue mid-stride, he aims for the opposite wall of the square as if his intention is to run straight through the solid stone architecture. It is only that mentality which allows him to run up it, unaided by chakra.

It requires three steps to reach for the window ledge on the level above. Deft, toughened fingers latch onto the smooth stone lip and toes tread stonework as he shimmies to one side, where the angular edge of the wing meets the curve of a pillar and a cleft in the building is produced. Fortunately, his body is light and his arms are growing stronger. A month ago he would have struggled with the next feat, and a year ago he never would have attempted it, but now he wedges his hands into the gap and begins to scale the cold, unyielding surface.

There are simpler ways to leave the clan grounds of course, but this is not a matter of speed. He will certainly need that for the journey to Kirigakure, but this…this is about the masterpiece. This is about the legacy that he has vowed to build, stone slab by stone slab, like the very building he has now surpassed. Below and beyond the temple-like structure which dominates the Getsuei clan grounds, the road to the Hidden Village is only just visible but growing closer by the second, for Gen has not stopped to admire the view. He fast approaches the far side of the roof, elbows like pendulums and hands like spades, tunneling through the air as his body regains its lost momentum.

And then he leaps, knees in his chest and heart in his throat.

Last edited by Calibur; 10-25-2011 at 08:52 PM..
Calibur is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM
 
Hitoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,893
Default

And there he stood, hands tucked in pockets and heart in his stomach.

Echizen had been crying amidst the waning sight of the dwindling moonlight, purple hued eyes fixated upon the gravel below that made up the distance between him and the forest tracing the entrance to Kirigakure. Standing, like a monument decorating the front of a household’s gate, he’d been waiting awhile for the arrival of his Aniki – Getsuei Gen. They say the early bird catches the worm, but in his case being up at such hours was a norm. Often Echizen found himself working like a diligent-madman-scientist-Frankenstein-creator-genius at the dimmest hours of the night upon various random creations blueprinted in the corner of his rather cluttered room. The only difference between today’s early trek than the others was the fact that before he left his home, his mother spoke her first words to him in months.

She told him to leave.

While caught up in his daily routine of cooking her breakfast before the sun rose to make sure she had food, as well as sparking a one-sided conversation where he’d talk about his experiences, pre-morning travels were the only time he’d get to see his mom. Sometimes asleep, most of the time awake and staring out her window, his mother’s solidarity and sorrow entailing her gaze always made the boy wish there was more he could do in an attempt to make her smile. That’s why he tried to make his stories light-hearted, but hearing his mother tell him to just leave her room, it cut him deep.

Clad in a white button down with navy blue tie, matching navy blue pants with the same color scheming the makeshift boots he wore, Echizen’s tears dried, but his mind kept replaying the scenario over and over again. Latched on the young Hyousetsu’s back was a small, single-strapped backpack buckled and secured in the front, shaped to carry either a large or medium sized item. One could tell the backpack was full due to the way it protruded like the belly of a well-fed man.

Lifting his head, his mind continued to search for the answer to this morning, waiting alone in the mist of the cascading night. Stanced in front of the entrance of Kirigakure, the young Hyousetsu peered at the sky and sighed:

Aniki is late…
Hitoko is offline  
Old 11-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
Calibur
Elder Member
 
Calibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 713
Default

Rock. Stream. Tree. His footsteps followed no discernible path through the natural chaos of the rainforest but his intention was clear - forward. Vaulting over babbling brooks, bulging boulders and broken branches, he moved ever onwards, undaunted by obstruction; craving it, in fact. The most direct route is often the most complicated, but complicated suited Getsuei Gen just fine. He had been running for well over an hour now and had shaved considerable time from the half day it usually took to travel the road to Kirigakure. Where he was going, he didn't need roads. Rather, he made his own.

It was a view he closely shared with his best friend and little brother, Echizen. When it came to carving out their futures, the two Genin were bound to the ideal that they would do so with their feet, fists and, most importantly, their hearts.

Ahead, the morning murk brightened. Eager to progress from his ‘warm-up’ to the real playground, Gen flattened himself to the ground and sped over the final hurdles. He burst from the foliage with a puff of leaves and twigs, a deep breath and an ear-to-ear smile. The mists were heavy on this side of the island, but the looming shadow of the Hidden Village was unmistakable, and as Gen exhaled, his eyes picked out the faint meander of the main road and, off to one side, a tiny, recognizable form. From this distance, such a small shadow set against the grander backdrop might have been indivisible to some or mistaken as a mile marker to others, but Gen knew his bro. And few mile markers wore backpacks that matched his own. The sprinter glanced over his shoulder to ensure that the drawstrings by his neck were still knotted together, although he veered off course slightly in doing so. The fastening was intact, but as Gen corrected his trajectory he made a mental note.

Gotta make sure I watch out for that. Not something I want to lose.

As he neared, the features of his brother-in-arms became more recognizable, and something about them made Gen frown. The way Echizen’s jaw tilted towards the sky, his expression forlorn, revealed much. Something was bothering the kid. Echizen’s heart was finely stitched to his sleeve and this morning it could be read like a hitai-ate.

Might as well be a mile marker, bro. Alright then - whatever it is, we’ll walk and talk.

Gen slowed his sprint to a jog but maintained the pace. He needed to get Echizen moving and shake the guy free from his morning demons. If nothing else, their jaunts through the Hidden Village were good for unwinding and letting go. It was as if the clingy mists could strip them of their reservations and allow them to proceed otherwise unhindered.

“Yo! Moody-chan! Think fast.”

As he passed his friend, Gen pulled a switcheroo and turned so that he now ran backwards toward the gate, a trademark grin of mischief plastered over his face.
Calibur is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM
 
Hitoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,893
Default

There’s something about the atmosphere that always calmed him.

Moments before his brother arrived, Echizen’s eyes plastered its gaze upon the skyline, where the moisture of the air provoked a thin layer of haze that crept in from the east. It took his mind off the prior situation for a brief second, easing his soul with a calming sigh. His ears perked at the sound of sprinting sandal-clad feet ripping through the ground, so when Gen appeared – with his bombastic demeanor – Echizen’s eyes maneuvered from the sky, to him, then to the scenery behind him, then back to him, before settling on the floor.

M-moody-chan?” A mischief grin was met with an idle gaze, “You’re…you’re late.

A glint of determination highlighted the hues of the Hyousetsu’s pupils while he took a couple steps forward. Amidst the stride his backpack unclipped, where his hands disappeared in a blur to catch each strap and reconnect the buckle. The motion happened so fast that he half way squatted in reflex and worry, panicked hands securing the bag on his back before sighing in relief.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen again…I’d hate to lose…this.

Recomposing himself, Echizen began to stretch his upper limbs as he progressed toward Gen, “D-do you know…where we’re going first? D-did you read the map f-for our route…?

During this expedition to their first destination, Gen would be taking the lead, and Echizen – being the hyper-analytical, or moreso schedule freak he was – wanted to make sure everything was on point. The two boys could walk, or in this case jog, while he made sure Gen new where they were going. He trusted Gen’s sense of direction, but on a day as important as this?

Echizen didn’t want to take any chances.
Hitoko is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
Calibur
Elder Member
 
Calibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 713
Default

Echizen's less-than-familial greeting failed to break Gen's step and the young dynamo's jog continued, unabated. It seemed his little bro had taken the role of time-keeper upon himself for their joint venture. It made enough sense; Gen had his own responsibilities as leader so, hey, more power to the guy. He understood his brother well enough to deduce from his distracted body language and near slip with the backpack that the arrival of Mr Confidence had done little to alleviate the pressing matter on his mind. Joke it off, Gen.

"I'd say I made quite good time with half the island to cross. Might even be a personal best! Wanna time me again?" C'mon bro, smile.

Rifling around the pouches fastened behind his back by his belt, he pulled out a roll of crinkled paper folded in half - a hastily drawn map scribbled in pencil and adorned in doodles and smudges of bean paste from the previous night's meal.

"Yup, memorised like a boss." Smiling so broadly that his eyes squinted, Gen tapped a finger to his temple knowingly. "No worries, bro. Besides, we've run the first leg of this route enough times for me not to get lost. The 'where' is no problem. The 'how' - that's why they call it 'free' running, right?" Wedging the map under the swathe of red circling his waist, he tightened the straps of his own pack and slowed his pace to allow Echizen the chance to catch up. Eyeing the little dude's exercises, Gen winked. "Yeah, best get warmed up now. You'll need it."

Crossing the threshold of the Village gate with a little skip, Gen clapped his hands together and rubbed them vigorously in eager anticipation. "Right, time to get started." Shadowboxing the air in a flurry of jabs finished by an uppercut, Gen raised his fist and shook it proudly, his whole body practically buzzing with energy as he revved himself up. He turned to give Echizen a knowing look captured in a nod and emblazoned by a toothy grin, then threw the hand forward and pointed towards the heart of the Village.

"CHARGE!"

He took off at a quickened jog, eager to get his friend to that elevated place only free running could take them and away from whatever plagued his thoughts. His trajectory curved left at the first intersection, a little too gently for the liking of the inexperienced eye. Feet met facade and the ballistic Getsuei boy mounted the wall, running four steps along the wooden surface before gravity reclaimed what belonged to it and pulled him off. He rebounded with an easy side-sault over the trash can below him and landed on all fours, quick to spring up again like a cat.

BOOM.
Calibur is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM
 
Hitoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,893
Default

Shot!

A different vernacular for the word charge, when the Hyousetsu’s older brother quickened his jog and shot out toward the village, the little boy followed right behind him. Keen in perspective, Echizen watched Gen’s trajectory while he curved at the first intersection, four step stomped a wall’s surface, before side-saulted over a trash bin and landed on all fours. Now, his older brother may have been fast, but his speed only held a two second difference from his. Riding the waves of Gen’s first vault, Echizen followed suit with a bit more finesse and accuracy. Bending the curve of the intersection with ease, his arms cut through the mist air as he picked up pace.

He leapt from the floor and in the moments he was airborne reveled in the beauty of being boundless to gravity for a few seconds. It was just a taste of freedom, the wind blowing against the subtle articles of his clothing, while his feet stepped against the surface of wood for only two strong bounds. Kicking off the wall, his form went soaring above Gen’s, so when his brother landed on all fours, Echizen straight-legged side-flipped. Gathering the momentum from rotation, he landed, a few feet ahead of Gen and began sprinting.

Echizen was now equipped with a smirk, which would only bloom into a full smile the long his body could float in the air.

Bang!

If you moved like that while running across half the island Aniki…” His smirk grew in size, “T-then I don’t need an explanation to why you were late…!

This is where he lived, in the freedom of free running. And the declaration before? An outright challenge to his older brother’s coordination and skill as a runner. Here is where their race began, though Echizen knew the exact location of their first pit stop, it was Gen who crafted a route for it so held an advantage when it came to running this course. Regardless, Echizen’s demeanor almost always shifted when he spat out a challenge to someone, so he kept running, ahead of the Getsuei boy.

All he’d be able to see is the developing broad shoulders of his little brother.
Hitoko is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #7
Calibur
Elder Member
 
Calibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 713
Default

BA-

Hang on, how'd he get there?
In the blur of his side-sault Gen had only been able to discern the flash of colour above him and the soft sound of footsteps. He knew that Echizen had been on his tail, but now here he was, taking the lead. Where did I lose time? These questions and more distracted the already startled Gen and his steps faltered just enough for his friend to pull further ahead. I'm warmed up aren't I?-aaaaaah, doesn't matter! This really wasn't worth getting bent out of shape about - he had a job to do, and that was showing this wonder kid just what hard work and a free spirit were all about. So what if he'd taken his time experimenting on the journey across the island?

"Just getting the slow out of the way - you just watch me, bro..."
The narrow street along which they ran featured a long line of wooden bicycle racks to one side. Gen promptly mounted the first structure he could and used the additional surface area allowed by the forward-facing vertices to propel himself further ahead. Drawing level with Echizen, he allowed himself the satisfaction of a smirk.
"...You might learn a thing or two."

Unfortunately for the self-proclaimed comeback king, his victory would not go unchallenged and his smirk was to be short-lived. Ahead of him - a wall. Ahead of Echizen - an opening. How could he forget? This was the end of the street where the ground level dropped away into three flights of stairs wedged tightly between buildings. The wall was eight-feet tall and topped with an overhang to resemble the front door of a small house. The first flight of stairs opened out onto the street below with a mid-level railing for safety before reversing direction with the second and then third flight for the average pedestrian. Gen was fairly familiar with the set-up - he'd practiced handstands on the railing and knew that the drop to the street was about fifteen feet. Shitake... He was going to have to attempt something he'd only seen his Aniki, Gunko, perform. At least he could visualise the manoeuvre; that was half the battle. Hypothetically, Gen had two choices, but logic demanded he opt for the one that took half the time, even if it was double the danger. GULP. Any last words?

"Although for the record, you were early."


There was something to be said for shinobi-trained legs. Gen easily found the speed and spring in his step necessary to vault the wall from his elevated position, but only the quickness of a ninja afforded him the luxury of kicking off from the other side into a lateral dive towards the railing. He prayed his shoulders could take it. Positively zooming over Echizen with aerodynamic extension, Gen reached the balustrade and shoved his palms into the wooden beam to make space for his legs to pass through the gap, which they did. HA! I did it!

However, he was now approaching the hard dirt road below from a considerable height and at a pretty inconsiderate speed, and he struggled to position his body in time to make the landing. With his torso already angled forward, he was only given a fraction of a fraction of a second (yeah, you heard that right) for his toes to make contact and his legs to soften into a roll over his leading shoulder.

Ouuuuuuch.... The landing was jarring and his bodily compression softened the impact only slightly, but he could shake off his probable concussion on the way. The important thing was that Gen now led the pack again.

"Yoshhh!"

Yeah, about that concussion...

Last edited by Calibur; 11-16-2013 at 07:47 PM..
Calibur is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM
 
Hitoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,893
Default

Between the two Genin, Gen was a full second faster. But between the two Genin, Echizen was overall more well-rounded. His petite frame held the makeshift to the blueprint of a rather impressive aerodynamic warship that wasn’t only built for maneuverability, but its sturdiness and strength. The little brother challenged the older brother in this foot race, which prompted the elder brother to do what they do best – talk a lot of sideways smack. The young Hyousetsu hadn’t paid much mind to the self-proclaimed comeback king’s reign of mediocre comebacks, which he would’ve chuckled about if he didn’t need to conserve every ounce of air swimming through his system. Ahead of Echizen was an opening that sank the street a significant amount of flights of stairs – well, only three, but it was still a steep feet.

At the end of the road Echizen hadn’t decelerated, rather, the nimble qualities of a ninja in training made him spring forth without fear. The tips of his toes touched the edge of the pavement, and instead of doing exactly what Gen did, he decided to take a better route. He soared in the air like a track kid doing the long jump, skydiving pass the staircase and diving toward the set of buildings they were wedged between. The design of the buildings leaned toward the Genin’s favor, for the rooftops descended like staircases leading to the road that Gen leapt toward. While airborne the young Hyousetsu adjusted his bag to his chest, landed into a smooth barrel roll that transitioned into a sideways kick flip to keep the momentum perpetuated.

That was his thought process.

He wasn’t too far behind Gen as he jumped down from rooftop to rooftop, being at ground level relatively at the same time as his brother by way of a final barrel roll once he flipped off the last rooftop and kicked back up to his feet. His landings weren’t as jarring, seeing how his endurance as a fighter absorbed most of the impact. The stunts that Gen went ahead and did looked to have hurt, by Echizen knew he wouldn’t admit such a thing and kept running.

You should be more effective with the obstacles Aniki!

The boy smiled, laughing for a brief moment before continuing on.

You might learn a thing or two from me.
Hitoko is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #9
Calibur
Elder Member
 
Calibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 713
Default

There was some truth in Echizen's jab, and it came from the knowledge base of someone who was already mastering the finer points of free running rather than a rookie still fumbling with fundamentals. That was the potential of Number One Rookie. Gen had never been one for titles - he wasn't the cream of the crop, rather he forged his own path and busted free from expectations as a pioneer. Trial and error had forever been the realm of the visionary, and if what people always said was true - that nothing worth having ever came without a fight - then what he was striving for was the jackpot.

Sign me up for pain and bring on the destiny!

Far be it from the older boy to indulge his companion's delusions of grandeur, though. Gen sidestepped the verbal obstacle most effectively.

"Like how best to break flower pots? Or no-" he began, spicing things up with a dash vault over a trio of trash cans huddled together like commuters awaiting collection.

"-wait...gauging the wrong amount of power needed to slide under a fish vendor's stall?" Echizen's wisdom-filled forehead wouldn't forget that little wipeout anytime soon.

"Believe me, bro, you're not outpacing me just yet!" To prove his point, Gen accelerated toward the urban challenge: a pair of apartment buildings so large that the street was forced to split left and right around their base to converge on the other side. Between them lay a recessed koi pond onto which ground floor windows opened to share the common water feature. Sheer mosaic walls bordered the pond with waist high wooden barriers at either end where pedestrians might also enjoy the view below. As was common practice for structures in the Hidden Village, the architect had chosen to project sloping roofs at the join between floors.

Double GULP.

Clearing the balustrade in a single bound, Gen refrained from using the top lateral beam as a springboard to one of the parallel roofs like he usually would. This time things would have to be different. At the rate their lives were changing, the two boys needed a measure of control, and that is what beginning this new tradition represented: boldly going where no Genin had gone before. Today, it wasn’t just about the destination.

Float like a butterfly, sting like me…

There were lily pads below – that was his ‘genius’ plan. Try not to remember that he couldn’t walk on water; or rather pretend that he could. In fact, the less he thought about the matter of him actually landing, the less he would worry about the how of his plan and just do it. As always, speed was of the utmost importance, but not just that. The real trick was to act upon his impulses quickly enough, down to the millisecond of a millisecond when his synapses first fired, and to put so much forward propulsion into each step that he momentarily fooled whichever god governed gravity.

It was only by the third lily pad that Gen realized he was actually doing it! Of course, then he thought about it too much and faltered, but he later imagined that he must have looked pretty incredible during those first few seconds. He’d find the zone again; it was part of Gunko-senpai’s legacy. Continuing on for two more steps, he saved himself the embarrassment of plunging into the pool and leapt clear of the water’s surface, puncturing the heavy mists with an arc of crystal clear droplets caught in his wake. Luckily, he connected with the far wall of the pond, and his stubby fingers found purchase amid the lattice structure of the wooden barrier. Absorbing the impact through his feet first in a textbook cat grab, he scrambled up over the railing, never once looking back.

Echizen might find fault with his blunder, but only out of jealousy. Besides, their destination was in the next street over and after a double dose of epic, Gen would be nigh on untouchable. With a lazy salute over his shoulder and a lopsided grin meant only for him, Gen hung a sharp right that was much cleaner than the left he had taken into the Village. The soles of his sandalled feet twisted against the waxy surface of well-worn wooden planks as he leant into the movement and recovered easily from the change in velocity. Sticking one hand into the money pouch at his waist, he spied the long table further down the street that would display the florist's wares but sent his sights higher to the flowerpots that hung from carved brackets in the wall. With a tiny burst of speed, he gained just enough traction to mount the side of the shop and latch onto the inner edge of the bracket with his other hand. In a single motion, he swiped the flowerpot's contents with the first two fingers and thumb of his free hand and released an offering of coins onto the upturned earth from under the other two. Kicking off from the wall before the first coin even landed, he dropped to the edge of the table and leapt back onto the street in a tight somersault.

Advantage, Gen.

Last edited by Calibur; 03-20-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Calibur is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM
 
Hitoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,893
Default

As always, Gen was getting ahead of himself, literally.

He’d outpace Aniki soon enough, following behind the stride of the Getsuei Genin like a surfer riding the waves of a tide. A couple more jabs were launched his way, but like an experienced boxer he patted him off his shoulders as if they were grains of rice. Two large apartment builds appeared in his line of vision, but his perception lay upon Gen, who burst forth into the lead and did something rather magnificent- though impractical to say the least. Crystal clear droplets of water from the koi pond arced with the arch of Gen’s lily-pad run before he slammed against the wooden barrier and hung for a few moments. Echizen quietly followed suit, but wasn’t as reckless as the former.

Rather, strength gathered into his legs as he advanced to the pond. With one well calculated leap of faith, the young Hyousetsu boy long jumped his way across. His chest heaved forward before retracting, legs stretching outward and arms curling, performing the best posture for the jump with as much perfect precision a Genin his age could. Gen scrambled up and over the railing, Echizen absorbed the impact through his legs and arms with a cat grab before cart-wheeling his way in pursuit. When Gen turned the corner, swiped, dropped coins before somersaulting back into the street, Echizen followed without all the flash. In that moment, he could tell by his brother’s poise that he was feeling himself a bit too much.

Shaking hues of white stranded hair, Echizen jogged to a halt while crossing the line of vision of the store owner, who waved a dragon tattooed fan upon herself and her little welsh corgi that lay on top of her head. She frowned.

Echizen!

He snapped into attention abruptly, bowing a head in respect before speaking, “Y-yes?

With a dull gaze, the store owner cracked her fan shut before pointing down at the change Gen left, “This isn’t enough for the pot.”

Wha-wha? Um…Sorry, sorry,” He took a few steps to get to the counter, rummaging through his pockets before relinquishing a few more coins that spun as he presented them to her, “T-this is enough…yeah?

"And the flowers."

More coins were added.

"N...now?"

She didn’t count the coins, simply grunted before opening her fan yet again, “You boys are up rather early! Don’t get in people’s way!

Bowing apologetically a few more times – as well as apologizing many more times – Echizen backed away from the store and made his way over to Gen, muttering to himself during so. Swiping a tight knitted fist in the air above his ribs, he pointed an accusing finger:

This is our first checkpoint and you didn’t have enough for the flowers?” He crossed his arms, walking in front of his older brother and keeping his eyes on the street in front of him, “You…you follow me this time. All right?

His whole demeanor loosened at this point, an air of focus surrounding his words:

"Ready?"
Hitoko is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump