iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Ace65
Deal w/it
 
Ace65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,838
Default Under Pressure

OOC: Swapping out Arm Guards and Electric Storm Bombs for a Breathing Apparatus and Halon Gas Grenades. Grans, Buk, me. Post quick m8s.

It was eerie. From the top of the Spire, with all Hima laid out before you, Kongou supposed that the view must have inspired a feeling of invincibility in calmer times; of having the world at your fingertips. Presently however, the feelings that the view inspired couldn’t be farther away. Hopelessness, despair, self-pity, futile rage. From the top of the Spire, it seemed as if all the suffering and pain of the very city itself had merged into one long piteous wail, the screams of thousands of people crying out for aid. Kongou felt a spike of rage erupt in his heart, directed at the leader of the G-men, the perpetrator for this conflagration. But he couldn’t fight the flames with his fists.

The Koedame-native knew that there was no way to save everyone in the city. At this point, it was all about damage control. Heartless as it was, the shinobi gathered here could only save who they could, and for the civilians who weren’t ingenious or lucky enough to save themselves, well…it was a cruel world. Oita Megane seemed to understand that fact. He hadn’t minced words, or attempted to inspire them before sending them into the fiery underworld below. He had simply presented their task, and sent them on their way.

Now there was a man Kongou could respect. Even if his eyes were oddly…effeminate.

There were familiar faces among the group of Cloud-nin…from genin teens to old men, everyone was here to lend a hand to the city of Hima. Among the throng of Cloud-nin gathered at the spire, Kongou caught sight of the cyclopean Sento and pushed his way through the crowd as Megane finished her speech, knowing that his familiarity with the jounin’s skills was something to be treasured in this kind of situation. He wanted at least one person that he could trust, and the one-eyed swordsman was as competent as any of the people here.

“Sento-kun.” A brief harried grin was all the welcome he could afford to spare. “Hope yer in better shape now than th’ prison job, because I can’t afford t’have you hobblin’ around again, yeah?” The teasing remark was out of impulse; his heart wasn’t in it. Already, the jounin’s eyes were scanning the crowd for other signs of competency—there was really no time to waste here. After a bit of hunting, he called over a chuunin beastmaster by the name of Rikako, a strong-willed lad who preferred to do things his own way. Nonetheless, he'd have to follow orders this time around. The last member of their team was a relative unknown to Kongou— a middle-aged man who would have looked more at home anywhere else than the present. His name escaped Kongou at the moment…Hawasuke? Hirowada?

“Doesn’t matter,” the jounin growled to no one in particular. Fixing each of the team with a glare, the man once known as Enjin jerked a thumb at the inferno below.

“Let’s get to work. Keep your R-SAKs on channel 14.”
__________________

DTR
(Down ta roleplay, yo.)
Nuke-nin
Kid/Dog
Golem Girl
My Swaps

Last edited by Ace65; 08-03-2008 at 08:57 PM..
Ace65 is offline  
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
Mr. Hicks
Will RP For Meat
 
Mr. Hicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Behind Your Door
Posts: 2,209
Default

((OOC: Assigning Karaufuru Eshi (Chuunin/Beastmaster), to your team.))
__________________
I want you to take a good look at me and my work and accept that I am not a person with a plan.

Takeshi Sakuragi - Masked Grass Field Doctor
Koji Zansetsu - Hot-Blooded Cloud Field Mechanic
Hideyoshi Watanabe - Conniving Sand Hustler
Mr. Hicks is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,686
Default



Ozawa Sento stood in relative silence, waiting.

He was supposed to be at his parents', but instead, he was here. In a sense, he saw it coming; downtime never lasted long, but he could never in a hundred lifetimes have expected something of this scope and magnitude. Somewhere among the gathered was his wife; it was the first time in a long time that they had been together on such a task, but Sento tried his best not to let himself be distracted by it all. She was definitely capable of taking care of herself, and neither of them could afford to be too occupied with the others' safety.

He'd already settled on a place and path looking at the map; he didn't have anything resembling a photographic memory, but he could follow directions well enough. He could only hope the two chuunin could do the same. This wasn't about the G-Men--at least, not completely. This was about proving their worth as shinobi, just as Megane had said.

Sento smiled faintly as he spotted Kongou. It was always nice to see a familiar face, and knowing one's allies was just as important as knowing one's enemies. The two of them agreed on that point; that much was certain. "It'll take more than that to keep me down, trust me." He, too, had been looking, but left the ultimate decisions to Kongou. It wasn't that he didn't know what he wanted in a team, but he wanted to focus more on the task at hand and worry about the logistics of the team second.

"We're headed there," he said gruffly, pointing north of their position at the Elder's compound. "Evacuating everyone." Short, simple and to the point. Both swords positioned in an X across his back, Sento headed down from the spire, setting his R-SAK to the channel suggested by Kongou and expecting his jounin partner and the two chuunin to fall in line. He'd learned just by working with Kongou once that joint leadership worked astoundingly well--the two thought along similar lines, after all. "Sorry if I don't know your names, but introductions're gonna have to wait."
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
Bukowski
The People's Champ
 
Bukowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,598
Default

OoC- Picking up a Breathing Aparatus (I had seven WP remaining...)

"Don't worry all powerful Jounin-sama, trust me when I say I know how to follow goddamn directions."

Hirosuke was tired, getting riled out of bed by the screams of the innocent and the scent of smoldering wood was not what you would call a good way to spend your evening and when rustled out of bed and put into a group of people you don't know (especially when you're accustomed to working alone), well Hirosuke was almost what you'd call a bit tense of this whole situation. Though, underneath that tenseness was an actual concern for the burning city and it's inhabitants and he wasn't going to let the arrogance of two Jounin (and Jounin by their very nature sucked, more concerned with who can create the bigger lightning bolt than who could do a mission better).

Connecting his R-Sak and lighting himself up a cigarette, the man simply shrugged, Megane? Some young punk kid with too much power turning this entire catastrophe into a way of manipulating the Lightning government ("Don't want them to see us as failures?", eh, fuck the countless lives that'll probably be lost by the end of the night...). Resisting the urge to mutter 'back in my day...', if only because he couldn't exactly figure out what to follow that up with: 'back in my day we didn't have easily burnable buildings...'

Yeah, you really told them Hirosuke.

"Well, you, one eye, Silver back, and kid, we gonna get movin' or am I gonna die before we get to save some elders?"

Setting his R-SAK to channel 14 and following the men at what amounted to a brisk jog, he smirked a bit as he flicked his cigarette to the side and took a small sip from his flask before slipping on the breathing apparatus.

Tonight was going to be one wild night.
Bukowski is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
Ace65
Deal w/it
 
Ace65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,838
Default

OOC: Point attempt starts NAO!

“Well said, old-timer. Righ’ then.” The jounin took a moment to slip the breathing apparatus around his neck for easy access, his left hand flicking a dial on his R-SAK unconsciously. The heat rising up from the city lessened as the group descended towards the ground, and Kongou recalled dimly that heat rose— oddly enough, the closer they got to the fire, the cooler it would be, to some extent. South of them, the old three-story building that was the Elder’s home resembled a man-made bonfire at this point. The barracks in front of it was aflame as well, but it seemed as if it was burning slower than the compound. There might be time to return the barracks once they finished this task…

Unfortunately, a new problem arose upon their arrival at the house— how would they get in? The front and back entrances didn’t budge, and Kongou guessed they had been blocked by fallen debris from the inside. There was a storm cellar entrance on the east side of the house, but a sturdy lock kept it closed tightly. Most of the roof was aflame, but the right corner of the home still looked fairly sturdy.

There were a variety of methods available to Kongou when it came to recklessly smashing his way into a building. It was normally his first choice too…but reason intervened in time to prevent a crucial mistake. The Cloud nin could come in guns blazing, lightning bolts flying…but there were civilians at stake here, and they had be to be handled with a gentle hand, as there was enough panic present. There was also the building to consider. Make too many waves and you’re bound to knock things down, Kongou thought. He turned to his team, recalling the swordsman’s specific skills.

“Cellar’s th’ easy way, but I don’t like th’idea of bein’ underneath th’ entire house as it is now. Mebbe we head to th’ roof, an’ you can cut a path inside?”

The flames crackled and snapped. There wouldn’t be a lot of time for debate.
__________________

DTR
(Down ta roleplay, yo.)
Nuke-nin
Kid/Dog
Golem Girl
My Swaps
Ace65 is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,686
Default

The usual entrances were blocked; that much was annoying enough. Time was a factor, a luxury that no one in Hima could afford tonight. He liked the idea of the cellar but that could get extremely dangerous if the fire spread more quickly than they could evacuate people. He still had no idea how many people were inside the building either.

"We'll go in through the cellar--if we can. We might have to find another way out... but I've got a plan." Sento nodded, taking point and speeding around back to the cellar entrance. Drawing both wakizashi, Sento smashed the lock on the cellar door and threw it open. "C'mon kid." He motioned to the younger of the two chuunin that came along with them. Eshi looked ten years younger and, to the one-eyed jounin, like he could stand to put on a little muscle. This would almost certainly be the most physically demanding night of the kid's life.

It made him wonder about the older chuunin as well; he could only hope Hirosuke could keep up. Time would definitely tell--and again, they didn't really have much of it.

The cellar seemed like it hadn't been used for much; the sharp, musty odor suggested that it flooded frequently. Taking the stairs down into the cellar and back up two at a time, he drove his recently healed shoulder into the door. It gave only a few inches; something was keeping it closed, it wasn't the heat. Sento growled irritably and threw himself against it a second time--it gave even less than the first time. "Son of a bitch!" He snarled at the door and backed up even further.

"Sei-mon... KAI!" With a burst of effort, chakra, and frustration, Sento forcefully plowed into the door, shoving it open into the smoke-filled kitchen. Sento nearly broke the door in his attempt, and was instantly he was smacked in the face by a wave of heat and smoke for his attempt. He slipped his breathing apparatus over his mouth and nose, glancing back and expecting everyone else to do the same.

"Split up and search every inch of this place; we don't want to leave anyone behind." Being the quickest of the group, Sento immediately charged through to the rapidly spreading flames, heading to the third floor. Going out this way simply wasn't an option; it wouldn't take long for the flames to claim the entire first floor... Thankfully, he had another way out, so long as he wasn't too late in executing it.
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
Bukowski
The People's Champ
 
Bukowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,598
Default

It was almost surreal, the flames swallowing up almost the entirety of the first floor and as he noted the crew move at an almost shocking speed going through a sweep, Hirosuke, going in his own direction at what amounted to a quick stroll. He wasn't going to sprint through the building, who knew when his strength would require him to save the civilians stuck within the spire. Who knew when he would need an extra burst of speed in order to save someone from falling debris, Hirosuke was calm in this fiery inferno of a building as he walked from room to room, searching.

His keen eyes, the eye of a trained investigator looking for life in this fiery hell pit the village elders had claimed as a home.

As he walked into one room and scanned it quickly, he almost decided to abandon it, that is before he saw scraps of brown hair, activating his magnetic field, he noted the various electric impulses that noted a human heart. Two of them to be exact and as he went and moved his debris, he found himself focusing all of his strength to lift the large piece of wood that blocked an escape for the children. It took a lot of strength and quite a bit of sill power, but once the wooden blockade was removed the kids looked up at their elderly savior with bright eyes and ashen faces.

Taking off his jacket to reveal a chiseled and cut (albeit a bit old) underbody he wrapped the jacket around the kids to protect them from the flames.

"Go through the kitchens and out to safety," he muttered, "Try not to fuck it up, I might've just gotten a hernia from all that lifting."

As the kids ran out and seemed to know exactly where they're going Hirosuke began speaking into his R-SAK.

"I found a few civilians being trapped by debris, make sure to look into those, I have a significant training in the Magnetic Fist, but I'll trust Silver Back and One Eye to be able to have enough senses to locate the civilians," he paused, "I've sent them through the same way we entered, hopefully they have the sense to make it through, anyway, I'll be heading towards the second floor or if you'd like I'll scan the first floor again with my field activated, Hirosuke, awaiting orders."

OoC- First post with the field activated, I have seven more with it.
Bukowski is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Ace65
Deal w/it
 
Ace65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,838
Default

This co-leadership thing was pretty easy to get used to. Having already seen the jounin in action, Kongou could trust in Sento’s plan without even needing any details. Fitting the breathing apparatus over his mouth, the jounin glanced back at the pair of chuunin behind him before following his partner into the cellar. Were it not for the intense heat and the lock on the door, it might’ve been a good place for the elder’s people to hide. As it was now, a cursory examination of the place revealed nothing but field supplies, bags of manure and various other miscellaneous materials.

Sento smashed his way inside and issued a few orders, his voice eerily distorted by the apparatus he wore. Saving his breath, Kongou shot him a thumbs-up sign and entered the house proper at a speed just short of a full run, hot on Sento’s heels. The swordsman continued at a breakneck pace up the stairway, which creaked dangerously beneath their feet but remained firm. Not quite as quick as the swordsman, Kongou allowed Sento to continue up to the third floor, deciding to search the second floor instead.

The smoke was thick; the flames hellishly hot, but by keeping low to the ground and keeping his wits about him, Kongou found that he could make his way through the house safely. Anyone with sense is going to be close to the floor, maybe shutting themselves up somewhere… Sweeping through a side room that once might have belonged to the servants of the house, the roughneck entered a narrow hallway filled with smoke. Halfway down the corridor, the hallway came to an end, as a mountain of rubble prevented further travel.

“Hirosuke, Kongou here,” the jounin said tersely into his receiver as the old man’s voice faded away. “Second floor’s got plenny a’ rubble up here, head on up an’ see who y’can find. I’ll check th’ bedrooms.” He turned on his heel and jogged down to the end of the hallway, pausing long enough to open a window before encountering a locked door. No, it wasn’t locked, Kongou realized as he hammered away with one balled fist, it was barricaded. Some people had no sense.

“Open up! I’m here t’help you!”

From the other side of the door, he could hear the sound of muffled voices and the scraping of moving furniture. Then the door opened, and three soot-blackened faces stared at him in mixture of fright and desperate hope. Two middle-aged men were supporting a woman who seemed to have twisted an ankle between them.

“Go downstairs, th’ way’s clear through th’ cellar. D’you know where anyone else migh’ be hidin’?”

“The elder’s room is on the third floor,” the woman gasped, eyes shut in pain. Kongou nodded and stepped out of the way as the trio moved past him into the hall. The jounin gave the room one more sweep before following behind them.
__________________

DTR
(Down ta roleplay, yo.)
Nuke-nin
Kid/Dog
Golem Girl
My Swaps
Ace65 is offline  
Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #9
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,686
Default

Crap.

Some might say that being around Kongou influenced his mood. Others might surmise that the Celestial Gates were making him a little more surly and aggressive. Even as he let the chakra subside so that he could save those bursts of strength for when he truly needed them, he still felt frustrated and nervous. Nevertheless he didn't stop moving, his footsteps relatively light in comparison to his comrades.

He'd done this before. Not fighting a fire, of course--this was relatively new. He had done similar rescues before, and if the prison he had infiltrated had been on fire, it would be even more similar. This time, however, actually saving lives was paramount over gathering some intelligence, which was significantly more gratifying.

The one-eyed jounin was as methodical as he was uncompromising in opening doors; the flames hadn't reached the third floor, so he was confident in doing so by hand. Those that were locked were met with a hard kick to force them open, just in case; thankfully, no one was sleeping through the pandemonium that was sweeping through the city. Sento found the elder's room fairly quickly after a speedy sweep of the entire floor, and his entry could hardly be called dramatic. Shoving the door open, he spotted the elder immediately along with four of his assistants, praying next to an open window for some kind of miracle.

Their reaction to Ozawa Sento was a mixture of surprise and relief.

"This way," he said, entering the room and removing his breathing apparatus for a moment to confirm that he was, in fact, human and not some fire-spawned demon--although he was sure he'd been called such on an occasion or two. Making sure no one was TOO badly hurt, he started leading them towards the stairwell; it was quickly filling up with smoke from the first floor, confirming his worry that a first-floor exit was unsafe.

"Kongou. I've found the elder... find us an exit quick; I'm gonna keep searching for survivors. Might have to be a second story exit..."
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline  
Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Ace65
Deal w/it
 
Ace65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,838
Default

Eshi’s ink clones turned out to be brilliant in this kind of situation. The chuunin had created a pair of them— one for the first floor and one for the second floor, and their dark forms were perfectly illuminated by the light of the flames. Though the heat did cause them to leave inky footsteps all over the floor, they still retained enough of their form to point the fleeing civilians towards the path to safety. As the trio of civilians Kongou had just rescued followed one such construct towards safety, flames licking at their heels, the jounin marveled at the chuunin’s quick thinking.

Between Eshi’s clones and Hirosuke’s magnetic field, it turned out that his rather abrupt drafting at the Spire had turned out for the best. They were actually useful! This would make their work so much easier.

“I hear you,” Kongou replied, glad that Sento had found the elder with such speed. Sometimes it seemed like they were working on a level above simple communication, for as soon as he thought about something, the swordsman responded with frightening speed. It helped that they had completed an A-rank mission together, but that wasn’t all of it. Somehow, they took a bit from each other’s better qualities and negated their more negative ones. He only hoped that the other teams of shinobi would be able to work with such synchronization.

“I’ve got a pool on th’ east side,” Kongou murmured into his R-SAK as he opened yet another window, which went a long way towards eliminating much of the smoke inside the house. Cool air, however, was out of the question in this kind of environment. As he glanced out of the window, the surface of the swimming pool below was churning violently, but it was surprisingly clear of debris. A jump from this height would be risky, but nowhere near impossible to make for the shinobi, even with the elder with them.

Still, he liked to have all of his options available if he was going to make such a choice. The leap wouldn’t be as viable if Sento found many more civilians, and once they left the house, there might not be any going back. He stepped away from the window and made another run around the floor, checking for any more survivors.

“Check th’ closets and underneath th’ beds. We can’t miss a single one.”
__________________

DTR
(Down ta roleplay, yo.)
Nuke-nin
Kid/Dog
Golem Girl
My Swaps
Ace65 is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump