iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Default The Mist

Tao awoke from his slumber as a knocking jutted him up from his sleep. It wasn’t unusual at this point for something to wake him up and in fact it made him quite upset that his life had turned into what it had. He wanted to just be a regular doctor doing regular things. Now, instead, he is a dude that fights monsters and creatures for the greater good. He had nearly died a couple days ago and if not for the help of a Saint from Sand he would have been screwed. He needed to be stronger and the only way to do such a thing was to search for more monsters.

Opening the door Jiro greeted himself and entered Tao’s house. IT was somewhat brash and inappropriate but Tao was too tired to stop him.

”There is a problem. A small Village is being attacked by something. Something is in the Mist. Near the border of Rain Country there is a small fishing village that has been struck with a curse it would seem. Every morning a mist rolls in and whoever steps out disappears. They return….They return, but they are either gutted or worse. The Saints have sent me to come get you and figure it out.” Jiro stated slightly pacing.

Tao looked at Jiro and wondered if this was the first time he had actually seen him worried. No…that was just a shadow….Jiro still had an expressionless face and a worried voice was just the way his voice traveled in the room.

”Alright, I guess a Saints work is never done. Is it just us this time or are there more?” Tao stated as he began to dress himself for the mission.

”Just us….It is possible that we might get some more people as back up but the Saints want us to go it in alone. Follow.” Jiro stated as he rushed out the door.

Tao followed, nearly slipping on his pants leg.The Village of Kusagakure was bustling with life and Tao was surprised that so many people were out at the current hour. It was no later then an hour since sun rise and it seemed like people had things to do that day. Tao would be one of these people if he liked it or not and he would make Jiro proud and the Saints proud with the work he would do.

Last edited by Cayuga; 06-06-2017 at 09:28 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The distance between Kusagakure and the small fishing village was somewhat of a trek but the two Saints had made it there just before the sun had set. The main thing was to make sure that they were not outside when the Mist actually rolled in the morning. As they walked through the town Tao had noticed that not many people were out. In fact, only a couple fishermen and woman doing laundry could be seen at the rive bank. A few children littered the main hub of the town. However, everyone stared and watched as the two Saints traveled towards the center of town.

”My name is Taka Tao, shinobi of Kusagakure and this is Jiro…He is also from the Village. We have come because of what was only described as a Mist problem. Who is the mayor here?” Tao stated out loud. It seemed like since he had joined the Saints he had come out of his shell a little more. He was used to some thing and normal people weren’t going to be the issue.

Slowly an older man came out of a building, his cane slowly propelling him forward with each thud against the floor.

”I am the one you seek. Come, into my house we will go and I will explain what is happening here.” The old man stated as he guided the two men into his den.

The house itself was one floor, three rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. No doubt the largest home within the village.

”I have been the mayor here for twenty years. We have never faced something like this before. We have called numerous Kusa-nin but they have all either left or disappeared as well. See, not all of the people taken return gutted and dead. Some just never return. The only thing I know is that it comes in the morning. If caught outside you are dead. I will let you stay here tonight and you will witness what happens tomorrow.” The old man stated before retrieving a bed.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The night disappeared far too quickly and then it was morning. The sun peered over the horizon and like clockwork the mist started to roll in. At first it seemed peaceful and not very impressive, however, slow enough it became large and it seemed to have a dense feel to it. There was no doubt while peering outside the window that there was something mystical to it. This was something that screamed paranormal and it was the Saints job to deal with such a thing.

”See how it moves, it seems to have a mind of its own and once it envelops the whole village it squats like it’s a trap waiting to spring on its prey. No one dares to go out when the mist is here and that is something that we have all learned. Luckily, it only lasts a couple hours and then it is gone.” The old man stated as Tao and Jiro continued to document what was happening.

Even Jiro was weary to go out in such a thing and it surprised Tao for the first time that the mysterious man might have the feeling of fear.

A few hours had passed and the morning had turned into the afternoon. The three of them ate their lunch and prepared to go outside. It had been enough time that the mist would be gone. As they opened the door the old man screamed.

The mist had seemed to grab the old man, no time to even comprehend what happened Jiro closed the door. The screams of the man began to echo throughout the village as he was on some type of magnifying voice machine.

”I thought he said the Mist only lasts an hour or so. Why was it still there.” Tao stated now worried about the situation.

”I am not sure either, Maybe it knows we are here to slay it. Maybe whatever is in the mist knows what we are. We need to be careful, but we need to go out there.” Jiro stated as he sat and began to think of what to do next.

”I agree, but now might be too late. Lets wait till tomorrow morning. It is only the middle of the afternoon but we cant be too sure how long we will be out there. We cant be caught in the dark.” Tao responded.

In agreement the two Saints waited in the small cabin, the rooms seemed to close in on them.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #4
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The morning came, though it was hard to tell, the little light that signified the sun seemed to make the vision into the mist a little better. However, it seemed like it took longer for the sun to actually show compared to the day before. As the two Saints opened the door, the silence of the village was deafening. Nothing seemed to be alive for miles and it was quite disheartening. The two Saints ventured into the Mist, their shadows disappearing from vision. The Mist felt heavy and from their standpoint, there was not much to see. The outline of houses could be seen but any type of detail was unable to be seen.

Traveling through the village something seemed different, the feeling of being watched filled the minds of Tao and he looked up to Jiro who seemed more serious then normal. The creature that had attacked the old man had no real form and it looked like the Mist itself grabbed him. If they were facing something without a form it would be a hazard.

”Was it a wraith? A zombie? A witch?” These thoughts rushed through Tao’s mind as the two continued to venture.

Then out of the blue came a house. It was massive, it was not something that was there before the Mist had arrived and it was evident that it was their next destination. Opening the door, the mist seemed to be within the mansion as well. Though, not as thick the mansion was covered with different paintings. Each one looked older then the next. Each one depicted a sort of torture device with a person attached to said death machine. Reaching the end of the hall Tao noticed something very specific about the last painting. The person inside of it was the old man.

”Look at this Jiro.” Tao stated as he drew the attention of his partner.

”This is quite strange. However, there are still two paintings left not painted. That might be more disheartening.” Jiro stated and suddenly as if a cue, the doors rattled shut and a voice echoed through the room.

”Welcome, Taka Tao and Jiro, this is my home. I have lived her for a long time and I don’t want trouble. I will leave soon from this village. I only ask to feed for another few days. You see, every fifty years I take up a residence in a small town. Awaken by a curse of hunger I find my home in a different land each time. Unfortunate for Grass Country I found it within its borders this time. Now what do you say you let me finish my art work?” The man grinned as he started down the large ornate staircase, which resided in the middle of the home.

The man was tall, and looked normal except for his smile, it reached unnaturally long and reached and touched his ears. A smile revealed serrated and large teeth residing in his head.

Last edited by Cayuga; 06-06-2017 at 12:58 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Time began to stand still as the man walked the stairs, his feet didn’t seem to touch the ground and then he was in front of the two Saints, though it seemed like they were in a trance, Tao couldn’t recollect the man reaching where they were. It was disheartening and scary at the same time. His smile seemed directed towards the both of them and synchronized they jumped back. Although, they kept a good eye on the man in front of them, no matter how much they jumped away the man seemed to be right next to them.

The mist began to become heavy and Tao was starting to feel heavy. Jiro was also sweating slightly and it seemed like there was a real issue.

”Please, stop, there is no more running. I need to finish my paintings. There is something special abut you two and I would love to add you to my collection.” The man stated as he suddenly appeared behind the two of them.

Subsequently knocking them both out it looked like the Saints were captured. Coming in and out of consciousness Tao noticed the walls began to rot and mold covered the once beautiful mansion. Climbing down the stairs the two men were placed against a table. The feeling of cold wood shivered Tao to the bone.

Suddenly, snapping back into reality he tried to get up. However, the mist was holding him down. Unable to move he eyed his situation.

Next to him was Jiro, knocked unconscious still Tao began to scream for him to wake up.

”Jiro this is no time to be asleep, wake up now!” Tao stated over and over again. Within a few moments Jiro started to rustle and attempted to escape as well. The mist was holding him down as well.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

”This is no good we need to get out” Jiro stated as his hand started to grow, suddenly, the mist started to recede onto the floor as the building began to bellow out what seemed like a little roar.

Following suit Tao’s hand also began to glow and his bindings began to relinquish their grip. Standing from the wood the two of them gave themselves a better look at what was around them. Bodies were ravaged and littered around the basement floor. Blood painted the room and it did not take long for the two of them to start running for the exit. As they climbed the stairs, they started to crumble and wither away. Nearly missing a step Jiro grabbed and pulled Tao from what seemed like an endless pit.

Finally, they reached the hallway they were once in and in front of the door about twenty feet was the man in the suit. Instead now the man seemed a little taller, his facial features now unrecognizable. His eyes were now missing and his mouth seemed to take up most of his face. It was truly a sight to witness.

”What the actual fuck is that!” Tao stated as he witness Jiro rush towards the monster. Fear had almost froze Tao but he knew he had to follow suit.

The two Saints rushed the man with their hands glowing with power that they had inherited from their organization. The man though, in a suit seemed unhindered by the clothing. Dodging attack after attack it seemed to scream and yell without any sort of language that they had ever heard.

As Jiro kept the monster busy, Tao rushed to flank the monster. Quickly, the monster dodged the attack but was grazed by the light enhanced hand.

That would be enough as the chakra purification ravaged the monsters leg. Withering in pain Jiro went in for the kill. The mansion was now more rotten then he had originally noticed and it seemed to be directly related to the monster.

Once again Jiro stabbed the man in the chest. The fingers dug deep into the monster and once again a scream of what Tao could only describe as ear popping filled the crumbling mansion.

”ARRRRRGGGHGHH” The monster stated before landing his mouth against Jiro’s right arm.

A scream echoed through the halls as Tao rushed to help his partner. Landing his hand on the head of the monster he relinquished his grip and stepping backwards the monsters head burst.

Last edited by Cayuga; 06-06-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Grabbing a sample from the now dead monster the two Saints rushed towards the door, the house collapsing behind them. Jumping though the door the mansion collapsed. The large building collapsing sent a wind pushing all the mist out of the village. Lying on the ground, the sun peered and shined into the eyes of the two Saints. Standing up once more the two of them looked at each other and wondered what the hell kind of monster they just fought.

”Do the honor Tao, see what this thing was.” Jiro stated as he began to wrap his wound on his hand.

Drawing a seal Tao placed the flesh inside the glowing light. Within seconds a scallion popped into thin air.

”Look at that, this monster is unknown to the Saints, that is very interesting. Well, guess what? You get to name it.” Jiro stated as he looked at the young chuunin and Saint.

Tao had never named anything before and there was a pit in his stomach as he worried what he should say next. He didn’t know what to really think of the situation and had never known that he was able to name creatures. Besides this monster might have been the only one of its kind but none the less Tao would think of what to do next.

”Hmmm, I think I might call it…..I will call it mouther. Yea, mouther. Because you know its mouth is big with scary teeth.” Tao continued to speak to try and glorify and make his choice more concrete.

However, Jiro just seemed to look at Tao as if he had ten eyes.

”Alright, your call.” Jiro stated as he looked at the village people coming out of their homes. It seemed like the Saints had saved the day.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #8
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

”There is nothing to worry about anymore, we killed the monster that was attacking your Village, we will make sure nothing attacks you guys again.” Tao state as most of the population circulated the Saints.

The two Saints were now heroes to these villagers and Tao was starting to really like what he was doing for the world. He may not have saved everyone he ever wanted to but seeing the faces of the one that he has saved he really had a smile.

The celebration would have to wait as Jiro motioned for Tao and wanting to leave.

”Listen, we need to go, this wound is pretty bad and I don’t want to make it worse.” Jiro stated as he started to walk back to Kusagakure.

”I agree, lets get out of here before your wounds get worse. Besides, this village is now safe. You know we should create a name for our selves. We do a lot of good work” Tao stated as the two rushed to the village.

”We will see.” Jiro responded as he winced at the pain of his wounded arm. The trek back towards the village was not as awkward as it once was. Tao now felt like he was a real team member and if it wasn’t for his quick actions, Jiro might not have made it out of the mission that was laid out in front of them. Soon enough the Village had come into focus and then the gates. Finally, entering the safety of the village proved to take a huge weight off their shoulders. It was because at that moment they knew that they were safe.

They were safe from the monsters that creeped in the night, and the beings that hid within the mist of the outskirts of reality and imagination. It took no time before Jiro ushered himself into the lobby of the hospital. The wound that Jiro had sustained seemed a little worse and it was obvious that there was some type of infection going on. However, Tao would leave it up to the doctors to fix him. Calling over a medic, Tao was stopped by Jiro.

”They won’t be able to help with this infection. I need to go to the basement.” Jiro stated as he headed for the elevator.

Last edited by Cayuga; 06-06-2017 at 09:24 PM..