iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #31
merdle
Robot Admin

The spider lifted its pedilaps and Sero could swear some of its many eyes rolled at him.

"I'm worried shinobi, if you don't even recognize a spider. We're pretty common you know, there are more of us than there are you, by several magnitudes."

The spider let out a little laugh, but then stopped itself, and shifted to the end of the table.

"You're here because we want you here," Then it stopped as the weak scream of a man came from somewhere beyond him, "Well. You weren't our first choice, but you shinobi are a lot squishier than you look sometimes. But you killed a Guard! That's impressive, so I'm sure she will notice you now, and I'll get credit for bringing you in. It will be perfect!"

There didn't seem to be any sign that the large spider was going to stop talking anytime soon, it was palpably excited by the topic, whatever it meant about 'bringing Sero in'. Also, the screaming was definitely the poor fool he was trying to rescue before. But there was no sign there was an easy way out of the den area, the forest area seemed to go back into darkness and more trees.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #32
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The joking beast didn’t really amuse Sero and for a moment, he was almost ready to throw the iceball at the laughing arachnid. However, as the beast continued to speak there was something that almost worried him to the point of uncertainty of his destiny. The way the spider spoke about many other beasts within the woods and the way he seemed to indicate a female leader also made him wonder who she was. This coupled by the screams of another man lightly echoing through the woods and webs made a shiver come down his spine.

However, he would stay firm in his defense and not take anything for granted. He was not going to be the one to die in this place and he would not be the one to end up as food.

”Then let me meet “her”. If it means I can get out of this place.” Sero stated as he relinquished his ice balls. One would think that he was open to an attack now with no offense but Sero was always quick on is feet.

More so Sero walked towards the spider and the table, placing his hands on his hips as if an impatient customer wanting what he desired.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:10 AM   #33
merdle
Robot Admin

The spider backed up at the suggestion of going to see 'her'. It turned one way, and then the other, with a rapid movement of feet.

"Well, no, you see it isn't that simple. There are a lot of steps, and we need to make sure you won't do anything rash or embarrassing in front of the Queen. You might get all of us killed."

The spider turned back straight at Sero, and seemed to calm down, "No, we will build up a reputation for you, make sure that she asks to meet you instead, and then there is no chance she will do anything uh... rash. I've heard enough human screams for one day, you wouldn't believe how much begging people do when poison is coursing through their body."

The spider started laughing again.

Then a calm female voice spoke over his laughter, making the spider stop immediately.
"Shibi, who are you talking to?"

"Oh no..." The spider said, "She's here."

Out of the shadows came a massive spider-monster, and probably the source of the growling Sero heard after defeating the first one. It was at least 9 feet tall, but hunched forward. It had a man-like body, but large spider legs were arcing out of its back. The face was horrific. It almost seemed ready to lunge forward, but it stopped short, like a dog on a leash.

Then she appeared beside it. A beautiful woman in a black dress. She was tall, pale, and seemed undisturbed by the monster beside her. Maybe that had to do with the long black spider-legs coming out of her back. She put a hand on the spider-monster, and it calmed down, its legs on its back going limp.

"Are you the one causing trouble in my den?" She said, putting a manicured finger to her chin, "Are you lucky, or are you as impressive as you look?"

As she spoke, thick ribbons of white were weaving into an elaborate throne behind her. Layer after layer, tying around each other, as it grew taller than the monster.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #34
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

It sounded like a plan to Sero, as the spider continued to speak about building up Sero’s reputation. It almost made Sero wonder how cutthroat these spiders were; to just set up their kinling to fight and be killed by Sero. However, it would seem that they were not going to be given the opportunity to do such marvelous things as a small whisper came through the webs. It sounded beautiful, almost angelic in tone. Then the tone of Shibi diverted from a laughing fool, to a worried bumble of a mess. It was at that moment Sero knew that something was coming.

Then something out of the corner of his eye emerged from the shadows, it was amazing how quiet such a beast as large as it could, and it was only upon instinct that Sero did not form any ice to protect himself. Although the beast was large and heavy, it did not seem rabid compared to the spider beast he fought earlier.

From the shadows the feminine voice rang out again and Sero was finally able to see the woman behind the sire. She was absolutely beautiful to Sero and if it wasn’t for the protruding spider legs behind her, he probably would have asked her on a date. As she talked a sudden dread befell Sero and he felt outnumbered and afraid.

”I am as strong as you may assume, I don’t understand what is happening here. What are you? Nor human, nor spider, what animals are you?” Sero stated scared yet curious.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #35
merdle
Robot Admin

The woman smiled at the line of questioning. Her smile only grew, then she took a long breath, and closed her eyes as she thought over how to answer the Snow-nin.

"We are, something special," She said, "Something more, something better. Take a look all around you, at the trees, the walls, my webs. This is my kingdom, and I am their Queen."

She held a hand out, and pointed toward the ground, "You may call me, your majesty. That would be best for your longevity."

She sat in her makeshift throne, crossed her legs, letting her leg dangle.

"Of course, I could have another use for you. There are people in this world who have... crossed me. I would seek them out, and let them die slowly to my neurotoxins, but I have a billion children to care for, shinobi, and not much time. Besides, why do that when I can embrace a young killer like yourself, and teach you to be of use to me."

The Queen held her hand out, and the massive guard spider next to her pulled a large web sack off of his back, and handed it to her. She took it, and with delicate nails, picked at the web until it came away in her fingers. Underneath, was a scroll, the roller made of an old black wood with beautifully crafted designs of spider motifs on the handles.

"Do what I wish, and I can even lend you some of my family's power. I've heard you shinobi like that, yes? I could give you the power to summon members of my family, and they will give you the power of their poisons in turn." She held the scroll out for him, her face going serious for a moment, "It is this, or I can use you to train my high guard, make your choice."
Old 03-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #36
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

What choice did Sero have? He was in the den of spiders, the walls literally closing in on him. What would he have to do to get out? Maybe just ask? Fight his way? None of them seemed legitimate and for a moment Sero was truly worried for his life. However, as the stunning spider woman continued to speak, Sero listened and it seemed like more and more interesting things might come out of the situation.

”You know what? As much as I would love to fight your guard…..thing. I think I want to take option one. I am all for killing, stealing, or you know whatever you spiders do?” Sero stated with a lot of confusion in his voice. However, he felt like this would be the best course of action, and as such he was willing to take these spiders into his fold, or was it the other way around?

”What do I have to do?”
Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 PM   #37
merdle
Robot Admin

Her smile spread, almost unnaturally so. She held out the scroll, opened it, and spread out a page with many other names across it. The ink on the other names was so old, they were illegible. At the bottom of each was a blot of blood, and seals spiraling out from them.

"Sign this contract, then bind it with your blood and chakra. Then, wherever you go, we can be too. Using the scroll, you can summon us. I will also know where you are at all times."

She held the scroll out for him to take, her eyes watching him expectantly. The other spiders in the room, the large 'guard' as well as the smaller spider he was talking to earlier, also seemed anxious at the idea of him signing.

"Then we can begin your training."
Old 03-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #38
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

IT seemed simple enough for Sero, there was not really anything that was stopping him now when it came to either being friend or lunch. The woman seemed sincere in her intentions, however, there was something to be weary about considering she was a spider. Sero had never heard of such summon beasts, of course he knew of them and his Village had its own, however, to become apart of a summon house which was not native to him seemed almost dishonorable.

Sero didn’t have a choice and despite the idea of turning his back on his Village he strolled over to the paper. Writing his name and sealing it with his blood he was ready for whatever came next. He wanted to be stronger and reunite the rest of the Village. These spiders would just be another tool to do such.

”What next?” Sero stated with both fear and excitement in his voice.