iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:14 AM   #1
marquis

Default Marquis' Swap Thread

Hukaisha Rao's swaps

Destiny's Shine
Stage:
Before performing a Kazen no Shinken technique, Rao channels chakra into a blade for this jutsu. At a right time while airborne, the user whistles. At that moment, a very bright light will emit from the chosen flying sword, blinding the target for a full post, and allowing the user to attack with another sword coming soon afterwards. For this to work, the target must be able to see the first sword, although they do not have to be directly looking at it. Can only affect one target at a time.
Trigger: Vision/Sound - Sword/Whistle
Duration: Immediate

Replacing: Blind the Devil

--

Divine Waltz
Stage:
Requirements: Tobutori [KnS]
Before performing a Kazen no Shinken technique, Rao channels chakra into the blades for this jutsu. As the blades come closer in view after being launched, he whistles. Suddenly, no more than 2 of the blades stop while still sending forth an illusion of themselves towards those who heard him. Should the enemy not be fast enough and take damage from the illusion, the damage goes away by the next post. Either way, damage or no damage, the real blades will then take advantage of the heated circumstances.
Trigger: Vision/Sound – Sword/Whistle
Min Duration: One Post
Base Duration: Three Posts
Max Duration: Five Posts

Replacing: Surprise the Devil

--

House of Repentance
Stage:
Requirements: Yaiba no Shouheki [KnS]
Before performing a Kazen no Shinken technique, Rao channels chakra into the blades for this jutsu. With up to how much the user can send forth, seeing them will be the trigger. The blades and the user will then disappear from view and instantaneously reappear around them in every direction in the air, locking them in one spot. The real blades will stay inactive and stationary throughout the duration. The illusion blades, however, will spin strategically forwards, damaging the enemy with ephemeral injuries until the duration ends. It would be wise for the user to have one unused blade in hand however as he closes in for a concealed real attack.
Trigger: Vision - Sword
Min Duration: Zero Posts
Base Duration: One Post
Max Duration: Three Posts

Replacing: Special Technique: Court the Devil

Last edited by marquis; 06-04-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Old 05-31-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

I am not the Kaihoukan GM so I don't have final say but I do kind of have a problem with mixing clan based techniques into another style. But as I said, if Caliber comes in and is fine with it, then I'd be fine with it.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Old 06-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
Calibur
Storyteller

You know, I don’t think you’ll be needing swaps for Blind the Devil and Surprise the Devil. Their effects can be achieved just fine with the original techniques as Rao’s swords are an extension of his body and can therefore receive his chakra as if he was holding them.

The third one is perhaps the only one that might require a swap, although it may need some tweaking to pass with me. Visually, it goes beyond what should be possible for a Stage IV adept, and limiting the blade count was part of what helped get KnS approved in the first place. A suggestion would be to change the nature of the Onigokko Kenjutsu illusion into an amped up version of what the Kaihoukan sees, overwhelming the eyes instead with a rainbow storm of brightly coloured birds that their existing swords could slip through. It’s a more natural swap that follows the clan aesthetic. You could keep the one strike per post stipulation.

Maybe call it Flock of Heaven or some such?
Old 06-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #4
marquis

1 &2: The first 2 jutsu, although themed, act quite different from the original specials and with "whistle" triggers instead of worded triggers.

3: Understood about the third, and fixed it accordingly. It's goal was to disguise the pain though. Changed it into a new jutsu and believe the new technique suit my personal goals more.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
Calibur
Storyteller

Well, with that in mind, and with their clearer descriptions, I can approve both swaps 1 and 2. However, the changes made to Lull of Heaven now make it an entirely different entity, which actually sounds like a diminished version of Divine Waltz.

I think you can still craft a jutsu that distracts and disguises real attacks with a seething mass of illusions. Here's my take on a return to your original jutsu, which can pass for a stage 4 effect, while the number of swords in play won't grow.

Like Court the Devil, you need to replace one thing with another. So this illusion is that the entirety of Rao's active cradle blinks out of existence (and Rao along with it), as if dispelled by his whistle, only for the weapons to reappear in a spinning ring wall around the enemy, chopping inwards to create openings for him.

With so many fake replicas active at once, the real swords would have to remain stationary for the duration, meaning that Rao would be limited to striking with whatever he holds in his hands. As before, any hits scored with a fake blade are ephemeral 'injuries'.

Addressing Kana's concern about mixing clan based techniques: I think it can be done if the clan techniques are paid due reverence in the process. Making such a convincing illusion should require a commensurate level of skill in the foundation school.

Where do these swaps come from?
Why did Rao style them in such a way?

I would say that a requirement for Divine Waltz, as it's Stage 3, should be knowing Tobutori from KnS (Stage 2, comparable effect), and a requirement for my version of Lull of Heaven (Stage 4), could be Yaiba no Shouheki from KnS (Stage 3, comparable effect).

What do you think?
Old 06-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
marquis

Makes sense. I'll take your advice on that. I'll adjust the duration for Divine Waltz to relate to Lull of Heaven more since it's goal isn't to be as immediate as Surprise the Devil.

And I like that you've included KnS requirements. It ties in more connections/reasoning behind the mixture.

Lull of Heaven will now be named House of Repentance.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #7
Calibur
Storyteller

Alrighty. I'm cool with that from a clan standpoint. Over to you, Mods.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:40 AM   #8
Seikon
Sun General

Looked at these for a long enough while to feel comfortable rating them where they'd replace the techniques you're looking for (despite the differences in trigger/activation/imagery the techniques function basically the same way as the jutsu you're trying to swap them with).

Rating and Half-Approving at 1/3/4

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 8
Old 06-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #9
Junge
it never gets easier

Whoa, super straight-forward techniques. What a change of pace.

Half Approved at 1/3/4.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Approved at 1/3/4