iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:12 PM   #41
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Clan/Org Payment for April.

The following clans are owned by village GMs because they have no current GM:
Inuzuka, Jukoto, Enari, Gun, Seijuu, Rosutai, Shyoujo, Shunmin

Now for Clan payment:

Sanada of Leaf - Bukowski - 0AP

Aburame of Leaf - Oak - 0AP

Arechihana of Sand - Kyz - 2AP

Hakkenshi of Sand - Res - 0AP

Shoda of Cloud - Res - 0AP

Akagawa of Grass - Cnagy - 0AP

Ninsen of Sound - Sinnocent - 0AP

Maeda of Rain - Junge - 2AP

I'm reviewing the activity and ownership of the following clans: Ninsen, and Akagawa.

If you believe your clan belongs on this list, but you weren't included, let me know. If there is confusion, it is likely because old information has been allowed to fester. See you next month!
Old 05-29-2017, 02:53 PM   #42
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT!
New Moderators.

I've added a few new Trial Moderators. You've probably seen them doing this and that the last few months. I'm trying to see if we can get some specialized people around here to do certain tasks that I have no idea how to do.

Bass - Community Mod
His role is to make sure the interaction within the community is high, that there is smooth communication between the membership and staff, and to help with any contact with other forums.
He is also going to be helping reset the Hyousetsu clan from Mist. So if you have anything that would help there, let him know.
Finally, Bass is also going to be a Stone secondary GM.

Mizu - Social Media Mod
Hey look, it is a Mizu. He is going to try to get our social media game on point, so we can communicate with the young ones, about the hip hops, and the fidget spinners.
He is also taking on fixing up the Shunmin clan from stone. Because lord knows they need a look.
He is also going to be a secondary GM to Mist.

Virtual Dream - Tech Mod
Because last computer class I took was in the first year of college. Hopefully he can be there to help keep the guts of engi working well, and handle any high impact changes in that area.
I haven't had him pick a clan to work on yet, since he came on later.
But he will also be a Stone secondary GM.

Masked One - All-Around Trial
And last but not least, the go getter. Masked is here because he is just that good. He will be joining Kiba as just a trial, here to help with whatever he can on his meteoric rise to Modship.
Masked chose to work on the Ninsen clan. They have a lot already done, but I want to see them get the buff and polish the Seijuu recently got.
He will be joining Mizu as a Mist secondary GM.

I'll mention Kiba here since he was brought on as a trial before 2016 didn't happen. He still is a trial, and honestly he just likes the color green, and feels really comfortable there. He also just likes doing the stuff I tell him to do, as the Sound secondary, it makes him feel comfortable.
He chose to work on the Jukoto clan of Stone.

Anyway, if you see these names in that weird green, this is why. They count as a mod approval in registry (if only a half approval) and can move stuff around just fine. So make them work for their blue.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:50 AM   #43
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Ribbon Ninjutsu has been updated.
New List
Old List

The changes to the list may make a dramatic change to your shinobi's techniques. So if you currently have Ribbon Ninjutsu, please check your list compared to what exists now.

If you have a technique that no longer exists, please let a mod know in PM or in the Discord what you would like to replace it with.

If you only took a technique as a requirement for a technique that no longer exists, you can replace it with another technique, one for one.

Do NOT take this as a chance to pointlessly rearrange jutsu. Only make changes to which Ribbon ninjutsu you have. If you wish to unlearn Ribbon ninjutsu, you can do so using the normal methods available to unlearn techniques.

Last edited by merdle; 06-09-2017 at 05:53 AM..
Old 06-12-2017, 04:06 AM   #44
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Clan/Org Payment for May.

Inuzuka, Jukoto, Enari, Gun, Seijuu, Rosutai, Shyoujo, Shunmin, Hyousetsu, Harimusha, Ingakankei, Akagawa.

Now for Clan payment:

Sanada of Leaf - Bukowski - 1AP
As far as I know, Fist is the only active Sanada. But I don't know if this is because there is no attempt to get more, or because you currently aren't allowed to get more.

The Arechihana suddenly have active members, cool. Spartoi are useful here. Once things settle there, it can also lead to having an angle for clan arc stuff.

Kaihoukan of Sand - Calibur - 1AP
We've got one, where are the others? Is there a drive? Is there something Kaihoukan specific going on?

Shoda of Cloud - Calibur & Kyz - 2AP to split
What is going on with these guys, are there any currently?
EDIT: There are 2. After getting their info updated. Calibur, since Gavin is more important than engi, you should probably take the lead on making sure you guys have arc stuff going.

Maeda of Rain - Wess - 2AP
Well Junge is gone, so now Wess is in control huh? I hear plenty about the Maeda, so I consider them to currently be active. They are a front and center clan for Rain.

I'm reviewing the activity and ownership of the following clans: Aburame, Hakkenshi.

If you believe your clan belongs on this list, but you weren't included, let me know. If there is confusion, it is likely because old information has been allowed to fester. Make sure the clan list is updated, make sure your info pages are updated. Get current characters listed on your clan info page! It helps. See you next month!

Last edited by merdle; 06-13-2017 at 03:39 AM..
Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #45
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT!

One of the oldest lists on engi has been given a facelift!

The Celestial Gates have been revamped.
- Your old link doesn't work anymore, get someone to change it
- The gates now use levels instead of percentages
- The gates will cripple but not kill, except the Death Gate
- The gates have been given passive 'abilities' while they are open, and more detail on what their gate techs are capable of
- The gates are now drastically more expensive to take, are tagged as a 'forbidden technique' and gate techs now cost a jutsu to take.
- The eighth gate is now free!

Other changes have happened to coincide with this. One of the non-shinobi archetypes is going to be edited. Several more taijutsu levels were added because Jounin were being pushed to the cap by the 6th gate.

FAQ:

- What do I do if I have the old gates list linked?
Talk to a mod, or PM them, and have them switch your link.

- Why make it so difficult to take gates?
They are supposed to be a dramatic and unorthodox method of cheating out power, not a way for every person that uses taijutsu to get a little more strength.

- What if I no longer want gates on a character that has them?
PM or speak to a mod. For every gate you have, select a new jutsu you qualify for. This is all or nothing, if you are not replacing all of your gates, you cannot switch out your gates.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #46
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT: SMALL CHANGES!

Several small movements have happened over the last month, let me note them all.

In the Sage Mode and Summons thread, small rule adjustments have happened:
- Non-sage Summon swaps have been detailed.
- The template now notes more about sage mode jutsu

Expect a few more small changes. Like a changed template (the current one is from forever ago). We will move away from the 6 jutsu template for summons, as it was designed for a world where only villages had summons.

The Archetype of the Last Legion of the Immortal Guard has been changed. Originally this archetype was meant to establish how Samurai differed from Shinobi. Now there is a handbook thread for that. So the Last Legion have the following Archetype instead:

Bushi
Special: For every taijutsu style this character has trained (stage 2 for Shi, stage 3 for others), they are considered to have an additional level of genjutsu training.
Primary: Physical
Secondary: Chakra/Mental
Tertiary: Chakra/Mental
Stat Merit: +1 Stamina, +1 Strength, +1 Control
Stat Flaw: -1 Intelligence, -1 Power, -1 Reserves
Description: Trained to protect Iron and the City of Kings from all threats, Last Legion samurai are conditioned to resist the tricks and illusions of shinobi.

Speaking of Samurai, the Roleplaying and Setting guide has changed. The City of Kings was in the setting guide instead of there being an entry for Iron in the non-shinobi countries section. That has been changed.

Now the final section of the Setting Guide talks about the Non-shinobi countries, and gives a quick talk about scale of adventures and figuring out what you can do in the world. While the Non-shinobi Countries thread thread now has Iron included with more detail about the countryside and their leadership.

See you guys later!
Old 07-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #47
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Engi is gearing up for its first OFFICIAL GLOBAL ARC! This is a Kaen production, and is focused in on a lot of the recent elements that have been introduced to the site in recent years. Miko, spirits, darkness and light! The arc, called The Prophecy on Calamity Mountain, takes us to the Western edge of Valley Country, to Calamity Mountain. It is the home of the High Wardens, the guardians of the 'cradle of evil'. A great prophecy has been heard from the top of the mountain, and with it no other prophecy can see past the coming eclipse.

The prophecy itself calls on champions to take up the cause, to save the world. Those heroes are already among us!

Now, we will be leaving the recruitment for this global arc up for a bit to make sure everyone who wants to get involved has a chance to. Choose wisely which character you want to get involved, or start work now on a new character if you expect them to join. The world is about to change, and the champions are the actors who get to change it.

This arc is good for:
- Characters looking for intrigue
- or Characters looking steeped in mysticism
- or Characters with something to prove, and gain
- or Characters strong enough to face great odds
Old 07-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #48
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT

More minor updates!

After some discussion, some annoying holes are being filled.

Instead of being framed as 'a 6 technique list split into three parts', summons are now a unique type of list with three jutsu per stage. The first is the summon, the second is the sage slot, the third is an open swap slot. The last two may be unlisted on a summon list.

Sennin lists are less oppressive now. While they are meant to be 'end game' growth for a sennin character, the requirement to have '5 jutsu in every stage' of a sennin list to get it to universal meant that sennin lists were being held to a higher standard than normal universal lists. The sennin list rules also have a few caveats for non-ninjutsu lists now as well.

Sorry Kapeesh, the Miko list now has an official unique set up for the shinobi version of taking it. This list is the same, except it only has three slots maximum (one reserved for a swap).
Old 07-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #49
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT

Rejoice! (unless you thought this was the clan GM payment thread)

There has been a change in the rules. Can you find it? Go check, I'll wait.

No? Of course, there are a lot of rules. There is no longer a limit to how many threads you can be rated for. So yes, you can be in three threads at once, and then put them all into ratings once they are finished.

If the rules relating to gaining something requires a 'mission' thread, then you must have completed a mission, or have permission from a GM or Admin to have said thread count as a Mission Thread. But otherwise, feel free to RP.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #50
merdle
Robot Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Clan/Org Payment for June.

Inuzuka, Jukoto, Enari, Gun, Seijuu, Rosutai, Shyoujo, Shunmin, Hyousetsu, Harimusha, Ingakankei, Akagawa, Aburame, Hakkenshi.

Now for Clan payment:

Sanada of Leaf - Bukowski - 2AP
Not much to be done while Leaf is closed to new clan members. So here you go.

Not much to actually be said. Put a leash on your cats, something.

Kaihoukan of Sand - Calibur - 1AP
Same questions as last time apply. What is going on with the Kaihoukan? Where you at Calibur?

Shoda of Cloud - Calibur & Kyz - 2AP to split
Okay so the Shoda are intact, and we have new Shoda. Keep working with Kaen to make sure Shoda stuff is churning at full pace.

Maeda of Rain - Wess - 2AP
So with Junge floating around, who is in charge of these guys? Still Wess? Let me know.

I'm reviewing the activity and ownership of the following clans: Shichou

If you believe your clan/org belongs on this list, but you weren't included, let me know. If there is confusion, it is likely because old information has been allowed to fester. Make sure the clan list is updated, make sure your info pages are updated. Get current characters listed on your clan info page! It helps. See you next month!
Closed Thread