iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,455
Default

It didn't take but a few seconds for Anzu's trepidation to quickly become a reality. She sighed and took a concerned step forwards as the children brandished an array of weapons and violently hurled threats and accusations like stones. She briefly debated stepping in and defusing this prepubescent powder keg before it blew out of proportion, but instead chose to allow her charge an opportunity to remedy the situation. After all, she was quick enough to intervene should something go wrong.

After a few tense moments, the Seijuu boy managed to regain control, which was an accomplishment in and of itself. Anzu would have to remember to praise his handling of the situation: Rough start, but great recovery. The Lords of Sound were famous for their charisma; it appeared that that translated even to the youngest of the Seijuu clan.

Kids..., she thought as she shook her head, watching the two younger children hop once more into the rear of the wagon. It appeared as though they would guide the sound shinobi to the rest of the villagers. Ryuuki hopped aboard the front of the wagon, clearly uninterested in developing any further rapport with the pair of children. Anzu joined him, and they set off towards the hills surrounding the destroyed village.

-------------------------------------------

When they arrived at the location provided by the children, Anzu felt an overwhelming sense of deja vu. Nestled within the hills were about forty to fifty makeshift tents, each housing multiple individuals who had been displaced from their home. She could not help but think back to the decades she had spent living under the stars, the same way these people were. They had no home, they had no belongings, they had no future in sight. There was only survival, a chance to see the next sunrise. She felt a brief pang in her heart every time her eyes met with one of the former townspeople. She knew just how hard that life could be.

The children eventually hopped out of the wagon, guiding it with faces beaming towards the center of the provisional encampment. A woman strode out of a larger tent, her hair a ragged mess and her face sporting a haggard gaze. She held up a hand as Anzu slowed the cart down to a stop. The children rushed up to her, explaining the situation and the contents of the cart that they had so keenly observed during their brief 'inspection'. The woman listened intently to their story, pausing for a few moments afterwards to collect her thoughts before turning her attention towards the pair of shinobi.

"Greetings, Oto-nin. My name is Miyazaki Eriko, I lead these people. What you are looking upon is the entire village of Kadeshi..." She paused, her demeanor becoming much more somber as she gestured towards the multitude of tents. "Or what is left of it anyways."
__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~


Last edited by Masked_One; 10-11-2017 at 04:07 PM..
Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #12
ace_of_spades
Old New Member
 
ace_of_spades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 23
Default

"Or what is left of it anyways."

Ryuuki observed the sad excuse of a settlement the villagers seemed to have set up. He took notice to victims who seemed to have been scorched by the flames that engulfed their homes, some being children, others being parents. Not one of the survivors looked healthy, all having dreadful gazes, like if they all had been daydreaming at once.

Some what unfazed Ryuuki looked back at the woman greeting the pair. How could we have let this happen.... Ryuuki Scrunched up his face in disgust but quickly regained his normal demeanor. He took point in the conversation, not wanting that naga pig to taint the innocent citizens. Plus, she looked a bit rattled by something. Well, more like bothered, Ryuuki was even thinking she was going to cry... Good, that pig deserves whatever comes her way.

Ryuuki bowed, showing his respect to the woman and spoke up.
"Eriko-shi, please tell us what happened"
__________________

•Play your cards right, and I'll consider letting you live


Last edited by ace_of_spades; 10-07-2017 at 03:11 PM..
ace_of_spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #13
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,455
Default

Eriko paused. She had fully expected the woman, the elder, to speak for the pair. Instead, rather surprisingly, it was the child who spoke first. His speech was eloquent, composed, almost as if rehearsed. She saw Anzu bow before giving a slight nod, acknowledging that the child in fact did speak for the pair.

"My my..." Eriko started, her eyes drifting back towards Ryuuki. "Such responsibility, at such a young age. Otogakure certainly does not coddle its youth do they? Though I'm sure we'll be getting accustomed to that soon enough..."

Her voice trailed off as she looked around the encampment. Though the people were tired, exhausted, beaten, it was still clearly evident that each displaced villager was contributing somehow to their efforts. Anzu nodded as she traced the woman's gaze. The fact that the Eriko recognized the need for every member's contribution was vital; they would need every little bit to ensure their survival.

"Oto-nin, I would be glad to tell you what happened to Kadeshi. But first, if you would..." Eriko sighed reluctantly as she waved a pair of men forward. "I hope you understand, but given recent events we can't be completely trusting of just anyone who happens to show up in the camp. Would you please allow these two to inspect your wares...? I'm sorry I didn't catch either of your names either."

Anzu nodded in the affirmative, though shot a glance at the Kitaeru as if to suggest that he make the final call. After all, the boy had seized the initiative by speaking to Eriko first; Anzu would allow the boy every chance to develop and refine his diplomatic skills. She only took the opportunity to motion to herself and provide a brief introduction in order to first assuage Eriko's suspicions.

"Ninsen Anzu. Member of the renowned Ninsen family and emissary of New Sound. I am truly sorry for what happened to your village, Eriko-sama."
__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #14
ace_of_spades
Old New Member
 
ace_of_spades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 23
Default

Ryuuki took notice of his partner's subtle signal and advised the men to be careful with the cargo as some of it was fragile.

"Ninsen Anzu. Member of the renowned Ninsen family and emissary of New Sound. I am truly sorry for what happened to your village, Eriko-sama."


As if... That pig won't fool me. I'm sure she doesn't feel any remorse for these people... just look at her arm and it's destructive capabilities... I'm sure it was someone like her who caused such calamity.

Ryuuki kept a straight face, not giving away his annoyance. He faced the woman and bowed as to show his respect, he had truly felt remorse for these people... he couldn't help but imagine the families torn apart by this event.

"I am Seijuu Ryuuki, of the esteemed Seijuu clan that governs over the great sound village and its people. My family felt it be a must to send a member of our clan to aid the peoples of this calamity as when a cat loses a whisker it loses balance, so does our noble village when losing its people."

Ryuuki may have smudged the truth a bit but he had learned the ways of flattery and the importance to make allies in a political sense, that's his job as a Seijuu of course. He had kept his straight face though, and showing very little emotion as he is still a nobleman and showing too much emotion may come off as childish... interacting with people is complicated...
__________________

•Play your cards right, and I'll consider letting you live

ace_of_spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump