iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #11
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Half approval. Dope list.

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 08-26-2017, 01:06 AM   #12
merdle
Robot Admin

Quote:
Ring of the Pinpoint
Control 2 Tactics 2
Don’t just be a prick- be THE prick. -Shichou Tenma
Takes the form of a simple cloth band worn around one finger. To activate, another cloth band must be around an item. When activated, the wearer makes a throwing gesture, and the item the other band is around (if within eyesight) is ‘thrown’ from its location with the same strength and speed of the wearer. Can only be done with 0-cost projectiles, and only one projectile per activation.
Guessing this requires using it again to create a band to put on the item? It only mentions it for putting it on your finger, but never for getting it on an item.

Quote:
I didn’t name it that, and it’s not supposed to to that. -Shichou Yue
Dropped a word.

Quote:
Onus Clip
Control 3 Willpower 2
I didn’t name it that, and it’s not supposed to to that. -Shichou Yue
Takes the form of a small hair clip or hair tie. When active, all thrown projectiles aimed within 10 yards of the wearer will redirect themselves towards the clip itself, so long as it remains on the head somewhere. Works on ninjutsu projectiles as well. [Yue protip: Wear a helmet!]
Base Stage: 10 yard radius
Stage Two: 20 yard radius
Stage Three: 30 yard radius, the clip will cause headaches in the presence of in-flight projectiles.
Stage Four: 40 yard radius, the clip will emit large amounts of choking smoke when in the presence of in-flight projectiles.
While I get that it still attracts projectiles to you, I feel like this is doing too much for a stage 1. I would at least bounce it up to stage 2. Lose the stage 4 effect.

Quote:
Stocking
Intelligence 3 Reserves 3
Lose the stage 4.

Quote:
Dressed for Success
Control 4 Power 4
Dress for the job you want, not the job you have. -Shichou Karan
Passive technique. The Shichou possesses a kind of ‘sixth sense’ when it comes to shinobi fashion- specifically, they tend to know what to wear before they realize they need to wear it. This lets the Shichou start a thread with 1 stage one garment already created and worn. Consumes a usage itself as well as a usage from the clothing stage created, and all other clothing rules still apply.
Stage Two: Stage Two clothing may be prepped
Stage Three: Stage Three clothing may be prepped
Stage Four:Stage Four clothing may be prepped
Stage Five: Two pieces of clothing (stage four or below) may be prepped
Pretty low downside right? Seems like it would make more sense, for a scaling technique, for it to drag behind the stage it is in. Stage two letting you do two stage 1. Then three letting you do a stage 2. Etc etc.

Quote:
Stage Four: The sandal does not disintegrate in the next post, but is not longer indestructible. Can be reactivate after a 1 post cooldown.
Reactivated

Quote:
Lifejacket
Intelligence 6 Tactics 5 Power 5
Why learn water walking when you could wear this at half the price! -Shichou Liru
Takes the form of a bulky, thick vest, reminiscent of shinobi flak jackets. When activated, wounds on the wearer will not bleed, though structural damage and pain caused by injuries still applies. Also passively provides a limited, one-time defense to taijutsu and ninjutsu attacks one stage below the highest the creator knows in this list. Also floats in water.
That defense is going to need some sort of jutsu usage expenditure comparable to the technique absorbed.

Quote:
Hat Trick
Control 8 Power 8 Reserves 8
Shinobi work can be quite an odd job, at times. -Shichou Yue
Takes the form of head wear, usually no larger than a baseball cap. When active, the brim of the hat (or whatever the equivalent might be) becomes razor sharp, and the hat itself spins and takes off like a hawk into the air in search of prey. The hat will remain in the air and swoop down and attack anyone the wearer vocally commands it to, for either 2 posts or until it is struck down. About as lethal as a fuuma shuriken. Can be activated even when not worn, such as after throwing or if left anywhere the Shichou can see. Possesses level two physical stats. [Yue protip: Don’t put it back on until its finished!]
Stage Four: 3 post duration
Stage Five: Level five physical stats
Go with level 4 stats.

Quote:
Spectacles of the Seer
Intelligence 8 Tactics 6 Willpower 8
You wouldn’t hit a guy in glasses, would you? -Shichou Berzachi
Takes the form of a pair of glasses or sunglasses, usually made of metal but plastic and even fabric can suffice. When activated provides an ‘augmented’ view of reality, listing information such as distances to objects in line of sight, general location of allies, and relative speeds of objects in motion. This augmented vision does not provided any enhanced vision capabilities (no night vision, thermal, etc) and cannot be used to determine what is and isn't a genjutsu. Also provides fairly accurate weather forecasts.
Stage Four: Enemies touched while the glasses are active may be tracked for three subsequent posts. Any enemy who breaks the glasses (whether or not they were worn or active at the time) can also be tracked.
Stage Five: Object mass, structural integrity (how easy is it to break), and fingerprints may now all be seen as well.
I had a clan concept once that was pretty much this, but a whole clan. Anyway, the whole 'whoever breaks the glasses is tracked' thing makes no sense to me. The glasses are broken, how are they tracking anything?

Quote:
Ubermensch Overcoat
Intelligence 18 Tactics 17 Willpower 17 Power 14
I don’t predict the weather. I am the weather. -Shichou Berzachi
Takes the form of a heavy jacket, which can extend down to the feet or only up to the lower torso if desired. When activated by opening the coat (either on purpose or by an enemy), an immense storm is blown from underneath, complete with wind, rain, hail, mud, and thunder (the wearer controls what ‘gets out’). If the coat is cast away entirely, the storm will completely escape, encompassing the battlefield in a massive (but still fairly mundane) storm covering over a mile in radius after one post. The storm finishes at the end of 3 posts with a mighty blast of rain which floods the battlefield. Afterwards, the weather will be quite pleasant and sunny.
Give it a radius.

Quote:
Hell’s Heel
Control 19 Power 19 Reserves 18 Intelligence 16
Imagine an e-tag exploding in a human face- forever. -Shichou Karan
Takes the form of large, usually heavy footwear, though can take any form so long as it is worn on the feet. When activated, the wearer may cause small but powerful explosions underneath the boots. The boots are immune to explosions, and with good technique a wearer can kick off the ground and ‘explosion jump’ to great heights or across great distances (though this will obviously be quite noisy).
Control 26: Explosions maybe ‘controlled’, causing only local or e-tag sized damage if need be.
Control 33: Completely silent explosions may be caused.
Power 26: The boots may also cause an explosion when ‘landing’, with no damage being sustained by the wearer.
Power 33: The wearer may ‘kick’ an explosion already in progress, blowing it away from them.
Reserves 23: An explosion may be re-exploded in the next post, which will occur at the exact same spot as the first.
Reserves 30: An explosion may be re-exploded at any time, in the same spot as the first.
The second power scaling and both of the reserves scaling I don't like. The beauty of three scaling angles on higher jutsu is that you get to change the jutsu from multiple angles. But it also means there is no reason your scaling should change in effects between scales.

Quote:
Suit of the Solipsist
Control 26 Power 25 Reserves 24 Intelligence 19 Tactics 17
The last suit you’ll ever wear. -Shichou Liru
Takes the form of a three-piece business suit. When a layer of the suit is damaged, the wearer’s next physical attack will strike at all targets in eyesight. Those witnessing the attack will see, for the briefest moment, numerous copies of the wearer apparently leaping out of the suit and performing these attacks before vanishing into thin air when the attack has finished. All regular rules regarding attacking still apply. In addition, so long as the suit is not destroyed, the wearer feels no pain (though they will still take damage).
I feel like for the sake of people roleplaying with this, it needs a little more fluff on wth it is doing exactly.

Quote:
Mask of the Many
Intelligence 32 Tactics 30 Willpower 28 Control 24 Power 22
What is a single thread compared to a tapestry? -Last known words of counselor Shichou Uryu
Takes the form of a large piece of headgear which covers both head and face, usually very ornate but not necessarily. Typically seen at masquerade balls or performances. More than one mask can be created at a time, up to as many as the Shichou’s power divided by 5, with all masks being identical. Activated by being worn willingly. All individuals wearing a mask become a fused personality, sharing emotions, memories, knowledge, and all sensory information. All mask wearers share their jutsu usages between each other, can use jutsu known by other other masks, can fight with tai styles known to other masks (no bonuses), communicate telepathically among each other, and can even share damage between themselves. All masks speak in a composite voice of the whole. If the mask is broken, the wearer leaves the shared personality. Lasts until the mask is destroyed or removed.
Just give a number. 4 or 5.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:38 AM   #13
Junge
on the last train home

Change log:

Minor changes:
Ring of the Pinpoint clarified- an item is marked with a band at the moment of creation
Removed all scaling from Onus Clip (there’s no room to shunt it to stage two so I’m hoping this will sufficiently weaken it)
Fixed typo for Onus Clip
Removed stage four scaling from Stocking
Moved Dress for Success to stage two and reduced scaling by one stage
Reduced Hat Trick stage five scaling to level four physical stats
Removed Stage Four scaling from Spectacles of the Seer
Ubermensch Overcoat has a radius of 500 yards (though I’ll mention that the technique I’m borrowing from, Driving Rain, is stage four and has no radius)
Mask of the Many changed to 5 created per usage.

Major Changes
Reworded Lifejacket to this:
Quote:
?Takes the form of a bulky, thick vest, reminiscent of shinobi flak jackets. When activated, wounds on the wearer will not bleed, though structural damage and pain caused by injuries still applies. Also passively provides a limited, one-time defense to taijutsu and ninjutsu, though it will disintegrate against any attack regardless of stage. Also floats in water.
Base Stage: Defends against stage two jutsu and level two strength
Stage Three: Defends against stage three jutsu and level three strength
Stage Four: Defends against stage four jutsu and level four strength
Since using higher scales consumes a usage of that scale, I assume this does approximately the same thing. It also weakens it significantly for jounin since I did receive feedback it might be too strong at higher stage scaling.

Reworded Hell’s Heel scaling to this:
Quote:
?
Takes the form of large, usually heavy footwear, though can take any form so long as it is worn on the feet. When activated, the wearer may cause small but powerful explosions underneath the boots. The boots are immune to explosions, and with good technique a wearer can kick off the ground and ‘explosion jump’ to great heights or across great distances (though this will obviously be quite noisy).
Control 26: Explosions maybe ‘controlled’, causing only local or e-tag sized damage if need be.
Control 33: Completely silent explosions may be caused.
Power 26: The boots may also cause an explosion when ‘landing’, with no damage being sustained by the wearer.
Power 33: Explosions may be augmented with any elemental list the wearer knows (IE, an oil explosion would spray oil in all directions, a mud explosion mud, etc).
Reserves scaling was removed. I put the stage four Stocking scaling in for the new power scaling.

Reworded Suit of the Solipist to this:
Quote:
?
Takes the form of a three-piece business suit. When a layer of the suit is damaged, the wearer’s next physical attack will strike at all targets in eyesight provided the wearer could feasibly do so normally. Those witnessing the attack will see, for the briefest moment, numerous copies of the wearer apparently leaping out of the suit and performing these attacks before vanishing into thin air when the attack has finished. These copies are formed from the cloth of the suit itself and are paper thin, but still possess the stamina, strength, and speed of the wearer, much like a bunshin. All regular rules regarding attacking still apply. In addition, so long as the suit is not destroyed, the wearer feels no pain (though they will still take damage).
Old 08-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #14
merdle
Robot Admin

Quote:
Ubermensch Overcoat has a radius of 500 yards (though I’ll mention that the technique I’m borrowing from, Driving Rain, is stage four and has no radius)
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cut it to 250 yards, which is already two football fields worth of storm and much larger than said stage should allow. But seems fine since it isn't a directed attack, just an environmental change.

Quote:
Takes the form of a bulky, thick vest, reminiscent of shinobi flak jackets. When activated, wounds on the wearer will not bleed, though structural damage and pain caused by injuries still applies. Also passively provides a limited, one-time defense to taijutsu and ninjutsu, though it will disintegrate against any attack regardless of stage. Also floats in water.
Base Stage: Defends against stage two jutsu and level two strength
Stage Three: Defends against stage three jutsu and level three strength
Stage Four: Defends against stage four jutsu and level four strength
I'm not seeing anything in here to make me feel like it deserves to defend across. So it should defend down. Of course, this hinges on my understanding being correct that they only pay a usage for this upon creating it. If I'm wrong, and this jutsu would be stage 2 to create the jacket, and then say a stage four to activate the jutsu defense against a stage 4, I will allow it to defend across.

I'm fine with the rest. Good stuff. Do those edits, and I approve.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #15
Junge
on the last train home

Changed Overcoat to 250.

I don't know why the heck I made Lifejacket defend across. Originally it was worded to defend down and I just forgot to scale it down appropriately when I adjusted it. It's been adjust to only defend against lower stage stuff now.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #16
Mizu
Snow GM

Since there have been major changes, this is open again to the halfproval train. Choo choo, let's get this outta here.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Old 08-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #17
Seikon
Sun General

Hottie cooterottie halfed

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 0

Last edited by Mizu; 08-28-2017 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Bolder half makes it easier to count
Old 08-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #18
Wess
Trial Moderator

Half'd again.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #19
Bass
Community Moderator

Half'd.

Counting from Merdle's onward, thats your 3. Just need to make sure Kana is still ok with the changes since you did his GM approval and you're golden, I think.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:16 PM   #20
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

I'm still okay with giving this a GM Approval and moving it.

Items/Swaps/To Do List