iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:35 AM   #1
vulpix13

Default Mysteries of Mud Swaps - Part 2

Decided to bump up my planned character to Chuunin instead - Need more techs.

Jutsu Name: Kagami no Monogatari (Tale of the Mirror)
Stage: 3 (Junge Rating)
Replacing:

Trigger: After making eye contact, the user closes their eyes or blinks.
Description: A follow-up technique in the series of Monogatari genjutsu techniques. Once the trigger is met, the enemy sees a wall of mud raise up immediately in front of the user, and from the centre of it they see a wide mirror slowly emerge facing towards them, end to end. Within the wall’s mirror the enemies see a true reflection of the world including reflections of other genjutsu constructs. At any time during the duration of the genjutsu, if the enemies starts to rely on the information he/she sees in the mirror, then the mirror shatters and the shards fly out towards the opponent. Once the shards makes contact it immediately dissipates (causing no pain as it is only an optical illusion), but the wall remains in the position it was conjured until the end of the technique or when an enemy makes physical contact with it. This technique is a setup technique for Kabe no Monogatari (Tale of the Wall), and it can be used in conjunction with it in the same post if both triggers are met. The technique can also be used on its own, as a tool for the user to momentarily hide behind.
Duration:

Jutsu Name: Hekiga no Monogatari (Tale of the Mural)
Stage: 3 (Junge Rating)
Replacing:
Trigger:
After the user removes their masking or the enemy seeing the user complete a series of hand seals.
Description: A follow-up technique in the series of Monogatari genjutsu techniques, and the first non-visual type. Instead of creating a wall on the battlefield, this technique creates a wall of mud within the enemies’ minds. This mental wall affects the opponents memory and recall capabilities. When they try to recall details from their memory, instead all they see is a mural with a painted picture of the image that they are trying to recall. This painted picture only highlights color and large prominent details, while also obscuring the imagery with artsy fictional details that are not relevant. E.g. when recalling a written script, they would see a fancy piece of parchment with curled edges, but the actually written text would appear as artistic scribble; or when trying to remember if they saw someone before, it would be hard to match the person to the painted variant of them in fictional clothing. Additionally for the duration of the technique, any details or memories that the person collects in the present will be permanently remembered as murals, unless the person sees that same image again after the duration of the technique ends.
Duration:

Jutsu Name: Gazou no Monogatari (Tale of the Portrait)
Stage: 4 (Junge Rating)
Replacing:
Trigger:
Can only be used while an enemy is under the effects of Hekiga no Monogatari (Tale of the Mural).
Description: The sister technique to Hekiga no Monogatari, and the first ninjutsu jutsu in the series of Monogatari techniques. The user performs a series of hand seals and creates a mental wall within their own mind. On this wall hangs a blank portrait in an elaborately fancy frame whose image shifts and takes the form of whatever the enemy under the effects of Hekiga no Monogatari (Tale of the Mural) is trying to recall. This portrait however is in full detail, allowing the user to see what the enemy is trying to remember or has observed. The image also highlights points and items that the enemy is trying to focus on. When first used increases the duration of any existing Hekiga no Monogatari techniques on anyone in a 15 meters radius by 1 post, and the users own mental wall lasts as long a Hekiga no Monogatari is in place. This technique can be used as an interrogation tool, as well as within combat to understand the enemies' thought patterns and tactics.

[Rain: Nise Clan GM] - Clan missions coming soon...

Last edited by vulpix13; 11-12-2019 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: Junge Ratings added
vulpix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Tale of the Mirror is just a kind of crappier exploding weapons illusion, so Stage Two.

Tale of the Mural confuses me and I'm not 100% what the heck it is actually doing. I guess it's making it so a target can't remember specific details and instead remembers some kind of cartoon rendering of it? Sand's got a Forgetful and Lost and Found technique both play with memory, so I'll put this at Stage Four even though it sounds so weak I could be haggled down to a Stage Three.

Tale of the Portrait I would strongly suggest reconsidering the trigger, because techniques that rely on previous techniques are almost always difficult to use and not worth the effort. At any rate memory reading isn't genjutsu, it's ninjutsu, and it's Stage Four as per the medical list.
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
vulpix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge View Post
Tale of the Mural confuses me and I'm not 100% what the heck it is actually doing. I guess it's making it so a target can't remember specific details and instead remembers some kind of cartoon rendering of it? Sand's got a Forgetful and Lost and Found technique both play with memory, so I'll put this at Stage Four even though it sounds so weak I could be haggled down to a Stage Three.
I believe this to be weaker than Sand's Forgetful and Lost and Found technique as they create new memories. Where are this only alters the picture of existing memories (temporarily for older memories, and permanently for those acquired during the genjutsu), I though it was closer to the Global Genjutsu's Drunken sight, but for memories or maybe the Track covering technique in the sense that it creates a sort of overlay over the existing memory.

One thing I wanted to note here is that I intend for it to be able to affect multiple opponent's at the same time. Similar to the previous Mud techniques I registered (Tale of the Ramparts). So generally I balanced the fact that the Mud techniques are typically weaker genjutsu with the fact that some of them can multi-target.

Just wanted to put that in here for clarity, but I would be happy with Stage 3 or 4.

Quote:
Tale of the Portrait I would strongly suggest reconsidering the trigger, because techniques that rely on previous techniques are almost always difficult to use and not worth the effort. At any rate memory reading isn't genjutsu, it's ninjutsu, and it's Stage Four as per the medical list.
I reformatted and altered it slightly to make more sense as a ninjutsu, instead of a self-cast genjutsu.

Last edited by vulpix13; 08-23-2019 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: More clarity.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:46 AM   #4
vulpix13

Bumping this up.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:17 PM   #5
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Quote:
and it can be used in conjunction with it in the same post if both triggers are met.
Was this there before? Guess I didn't notice it. Anyway, being able to use two techniques at once probably bumps it up a Stage. So I'm going to guess Stages 3/3/4 for these unless someone feels differently.
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:44 AM   #6
vulpix13

Quote:
Was this there before? Guess I didn't notice it. Anyway, being able to use two techniques at once probably bumps it up a Stage. So I'm going to guess Stages 3/3/4 for these unless someone feels differently.
Yes, that was there from the beginning. The reason for it, is because Kabe no Monogatari (Tale of the Wall) [Stage 2] which is the only technique that can be used in conjunction has a very specific and situational trigger (The opponent seeing his/her reflection), and I wanted an additional setup tool.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 AM   #7
vulpix13

Bumping this up!

Old 11-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
Wess
Alpha Twink

Edit Junge’s stages into your post, and you can have my approval.

Ratings Moderator / Ame no Kuni Primary / Kaze no Kuni & Hi no Kuni Secondary / Maeda Clan GM
Itsuki Hana ~ Shinshi Junichi ~ Renchishin Ume ~ Maeda Kazuhiko ~ Aoyama Sudao ~ Honekaigi Kasumi ~ Shichou Amane ~ Kawaguchi Takumi

AP / Swaps
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote