iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #11
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Tenzan's brow furrowed a bit as Hana spoke. He could have argued, certainly, but this was not the time. He was determined to get her to understand, though.... His philosophy was similar, once--survival meant everything. The only difference now was that he was defining 'survival' differently.

"Okay. Full disclosure... I'm not really all that great with the ninjutsu. I've been... a little lax with my training there."
A year or two ago, Tenzan would have never freely admitted that sort of shortcoming. There was no point in being anything but up front about it. "But... a distraction. I can definitely do that. Find a place to hide and I'll bait them towards me."

Tenzan moved from their vantage point, a good 50 yards in the opposite direction and back within the dense line of trees beyond. There were plenty of trees in the area, and Tenzan walked towards the largest one. Embers danced from his fingertips before setting both his arms ablaze with the signature flames of Ryuujin-Fu. He drew his right arm back and the chakra instantly became denser in his hand; the flames almost seemed to be drawn into his entire fist until he was left with his right hand glowing. He thrust his palm into the tree and a violent explosion ensued, tearing the entire thing from the roots. The tree toppled over, ignited by Tenzan's Blast Palm and quickly began billowing smoke into the air.

"That ought to do it."

Last edited by GranspearZX; 01-22-2019 at 07:20 PM..
Old 01-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #12
Wess
Alpha Twink

“Get into position,” She advised, leaping into the branches of a tree far enough away that it wouldn’t ignite as well. A forest fire was more than enough to draw the attention of the nearby men, though she hoped that Tenzan at least had some way to extinguish it once their plan ran its course. Collateral damage was to be expected with any mission, but excessive damages wouldn’t look well on either one of their records.

Drawing the majority of her ribbons about her arm, Hana prepared herself for what was to come. Two of the men came to investigate, leaving the third one at the entrance of the mine. Both seemed well muscled, like grisled barbarians. One had a brown beard more reminiscent of lumber jack, while the other’s looked a bit more patchy and ginger in color. They looked similar enough to be brothers, despite how one carried an axe and the other a sword. Hana thought it was a bit sad, how they were tasked with killing siblings.

No use crying over it. They’re bad people, families or not.

On cue, a whirring noise erupted from Hana’s position before a disc of ribbons, sharpened by chakra bore into one of the men. It drove straight into his chest, shooting blood, bone and flesh everywhere in a disgusting, chaotic display. The one with the patchy beard hadn’t had enough time to scream before his life was taken, but that left his brother.

With any luck, Tenzan would have reacted fast enough to keep him from screaming. Deciding to trust her teammate, Hana shifted her position, darting higher up the tree in order to avoid any potential attacks. Her main goal, however, was to reach the uppermost branches. From there, she could keep a good look on the mine and make sure that backup wasn’t on the way.

Ratings Moderator / Ame no Kuni Primary / Kaze no Kuni & Hi no Kuni Secondary / Maeda Clan GM
Itsuki Hana ~ Shinshi Junichi ~ Renchishin Ume ~ Maeda Kazuhiko ~ Aoyama Sudao ~ Honekaigi Kasumi ~ Shichou Amane ~ Kawaguchi Takumi

AP / Swaps
Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 PM   #13
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

It wasn't often that Tenzan was bait, but he was nothing if not a team player. He moved away from the flames and into a position that would make an ambush for Hana much easier. He wasn't sure what she would do, but he was certain that he wasn't in any real danger.

That sentiment continued when the two huge miners showed up. Tenzan was unarmed, and he laughed as they approached and spotted him. "Oh hey, fellas! I'm a little lost... thought I'd light a fire to light my way and... well... heh..."

He put his hands up and took a few steps back... and then he heard the whirring sound. That was his cue. He catapulted himself forward without knowing which of the men he was going to have to put down. He saw the blades strike one and immediately veered to his right toward the other. Seeing his brother gored the way he was, his eyes widened and before he could scream, Tenzan struck, driving his middle knuckle squarely into the man's throat. All that came out was a painful gurgle as he dropped his weapon. In the next instant, Tenzan was behind him. Without hesitation, the burly chuunin wrapped one arm around the miner's neck with the other behind his head and twisted. He went limp; Tenzan dropped him, unable to avoid looking at what Hana managed to do so the other guy.

...well. Damn.

Tenzan didn't use weapons for a reason. It wasn't because he couldn't, and he certainly didn't have a problem teaching Academy students the basics of armed combat. He simply couldn't imagine himself inflicting that sort of damage on someone. It held him back more than he would have liked to admit, but Hana just... eviscerated the guy without hesitation. He was more impressed than anything else.

"Two down..." Tenzan moved away from the corpses, going quiet for several moments. He didn't hear any reinforcements, and under the circumstances, he didn't trust that at all. With his particular skillset, he wasn't going to be sneaking up on the last one. Normally, he'd just charge forward and be done with it.

"I don't think he's gonna leave, even with the fire... only a matter of time before someone else notices the smoke."
Old 02-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #14
Wess
Alpha Twink

“Let it burn.” Hana’s voice was cold as she dropped from her vantage point to retrieve the ribbons that she had fired before rewrapping them around her person. Something about her seemed increasingly distant than before. The look in her eyes were devoid of emotion, like a series of walls had been masterfully constructed in the instant it took her to kill the man.

“I doubt either one of us could stop it. If anything, it’ll just draw the attention of our enemies while we infiltrate. Just makes our lives a bit more easier.”

Recalibrating the chakra to her ribbons would take a moment since she had launched them as a projectile, but that didn’t mean Tenzan needed to wait for her. Looking at the two dead bodies, almost as if she were studying them, Hana moved over towards the one with his neck snapped and set to undressing him. She did so speedily, something that proved particularly easy, given how he had gone limp. Her primary concern was getting the clothing off before the corpse soiled itself.

After neatly folding them, she lobbed the dead body into the underbrush nearby before doing the same with the decapitated corpse. Her lips formed into a grimace as she punted its bloody head after it. Offering the clothing to Tenzan, she gave him a subtle nod.

“You said ninjutsu wasn’t your forte right? You might want to put these on. It’ll make our lives easier. I’ll take the form of the other one in a moment."

Starting towards the mine, Hana navigated her way out of the clearing and through the forest, following the way that the two men had come from. The sun beat down from above the canopy, and despite the blaze in the background, the scene was unnaturally calm.

It wouldn’t be for much longer.

Ratings Moderator / Ame no Kuni Primary / Kaze no Kuni & Hi no Kuni Secondary / Maeda Clan GM
Itsuki Hana ~ Shinshi Junichi ~ Renchishin Ume ~ Maeda Kazuhiko ~ Aoyama Sudao ~ Honekaigi Kasumi ~ Shichou Amane ~ Kawaguchi Takumi

AP / Swaps
Old 03-08-2019, 10:30 PM   #15
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Tenzan stared blankly at Hana as she kicked the corpse''s head. He'd been listening to her up until that point, but now he couldn't stop thinking about it. What could he realistically say to her? He did, after all, just kill a man whose last vivid memory was seeing his friend's head separated from his shoulders.

Still, these were criminals and they had the authority. They were probably still trying to arm rebellions, not unlike the ones in Earth Country. If Hana hadn't killed the guy, Tenzan would have. It just wouldn't have been so... messy.

He grimaced at the fact that she pulled the shirt off of the one whose head she'd severed, but it made sense. The other guy was smaller than Tenzan; wearing his clothes would have been obvious. He sighed and took them. "Okay... hold on a second." Tenzan disappeared into the treed.

"Ugh, this smells awful. Really starting to regret this 'new approach' business..." The branches rustled as Tenzan continued to get redressed. "I... may have neglected ninjutsu and genjutsu training as a genin. Thinking about it now, it's a really dumb reason... but I'm trying to fix it. I need... to move forward, I guess."

Tenzan emerged from the trees, his headband removed and stuffed in his pocket. The clothes felt stuffy and reeked of sweat and alcohol, as well as a little blood--barely noticable, if oly because the goon's shirt was a dark brownish color. He remained several steps behind the disguised Hana, tussling his hair a bit to try and look the part of a vagrant criminal. He wasn't so sure his acting would hold up.

The moment of truth came when he neared the mine's entrance.

"The hell is goin' on up there?!" The man guarding the entrance motioned to the quickly spreading blaze. Tenzan merely shrugged in response... then an idea struck him.

"Shinobi," he said, his voice an octave or two lower than normal. He pulled his own headband out of his pocket, still lightly spotted with the decapitated thug's blood.

"God damn it! It's way too soon for that. They promis-.. no. We're not panicking. Just... lemme think. Because if we call him, he'll kill us all."
Old 08-16-2019, 06:37 PM   #16
Wess
Alpha Twink

As the ribbons she retrieved became reattuned to their owner's chakra, Hana inhaled a sharp breath, forming a few hand seals. The ribbons lengthened and surged around her form, knitting her into a new person completely: One of the men the two had just killed. She listened to Tenzan's chatter, turning back towards him to offer him some advice. Despite the visage she had adopted, her voice was still her own. She had time to figure out exactly how to masquerade her voice's into the man's, though it would prove tricky, gathering how she hadn't even heard his screams.

"There's no use dwelling on it now. People are better at certain things than others. I'm sure I'd lose to you in a fight if we were just basing it off taijutsu. My genin teammate, Hyuuga Yuu, far surpasses me when it comes to the physical realm of things. While I'm working at getting better at it, I'm apt to remembering my strengths too. Not all shinobi are built the same after all."

She offered him a weak smile before taking up a stride next to him. The two continued their journey outside of the forest. While she had her own plan, Tenzan was the leader after all. He had far more experience than her when it came to the field.

Following the older chuunin's lead, she changed her voice to that of a man's, nearly matching Tenzan in pitch. There were a few key differences, but she had picked up on how he spoke and adjusted hers from there.

"We only ran into one shinobi, but knowing Leaf, there's probably more." Noticing how she was standing, Hana spread her legs out a bit more, broadening her shoulders. Looking like a man was never hard for her. Acting like one was.

"I like keeping my head on its shoulders. They can't flush us all out. We should retreat to the mines."

Hana considered offering tactical advice, what with creating a chokepoint and all, but she doubted a grunt would know much about battle tactics. Her own plan, however, was sound. Slaughtering her enemies from within.

AP / Swaps

Last edited by Wess; 10-27-2019 at 09:37 PM..
Old 08-25-2019, 05:07 PM   #17
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Going deeper into the mine was a terrible idea.

He knew that, but only because he knew what he'd do if they were all in one place when their mission was to collapse the mine anyway. As long as there were no innocents inside, it was bound to have a better outcome than the last time he was inside a mining facility. Still, there was no way he'd go for something so obviously not in his favor.

"Y-yeah.... yeah! You're right. If we can hold out until he gets here..."

The burly chuunin could barely keephis jaw from dropping. Hana was more convincing than he'd realized, even if looking at her in that form, he could still tell she was a she. He had to try especially hard not to laugh when she tried to stand in a more masculine way; it was literally something he wouldn't have even noticed if she hadn't done it.

As they entered the mine, Tenzan had to wonder who 'he' was. It was the second time the guy had mentioned this mysterious and apparently dangerous person, but he knew better than to ask--as far as the ruse went, he was supposed to know already. If nothing else, it meant that they were on a timetable. That was fine by him. Destruction came easy for Tenzan.

By the time they'd gotten further into the mine, far enough that they couldn't see the entrance, Tenzan could hear voices from the handful of men still inside. The mine was dead quiet otherwise, giving him all the cover he needed.

"Say..." The man turned around, looking squarely at Tenzan. He lifted his lantern up a bit to see the chuunin in better light. "...you're new, aren't you?"

"...yeah."

"I thought so! You look a lot like Kenai-sama, just without all the hair."

Tenzan froze. He felt like his heart stopped. "...do I? Huh." He tried his best not to sound nervous, though he had every right to be. He felt sick. Was it too much to hope that Kenai was just a common name?

"Hey... you alright?"

"...I... don't do well in closed spaces." It was a clever half-truth. Tenzan wanted nothing more than to be gone. He looked over at Hana, abandoning all pretense of knowing what to do next.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
Old 09-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #18
Wess
Alpha Twink

Until who…?

The mention of a man named Kenai caused Tenzan visible discomfort, something not unnoticed by Hana. Underneath the illusion, her brows furrowed and her lips pursed. Something wasn’t right; the other chuunin seemed to know who he was talking about, and if there were similarities between the two of them… Maybe a relative that had gone missing. Or maybe…

No. Impossible.

Well, it wasn’t impossible. Hana had already encountered three people who were supposed to be dead and weren’t able to be killed. A Hyuuga, her grandmother, Ama and Takeo’s sensei… But it wasn’t like she could just ask who Kenai was. All she needed to know was that the guard they were with thought that he could handle whatever shinobi came their way. He was dangerous, and she needed to be on her guard.

Clapping Tenzan on the shoulder, she let out a low chuckle. “You’ll get used to it with time. Mines are a bit dangerous though, that’s why we’ve got those slaves toiling away. General rule of thumb, though: If you hear a canary, run for it.”

Following the two men down the mines, the group made their way down a winding path. She could hear the chatter of men from further down and the occasional crack of a whip. The passage itself was dark, with a few scattered minecarts and a track to follow. They were various offshoots, but in truth, Hana hadn’t the slightest idea where they were going. All she knew was that she needed to prepare herself to kill at the slightest provocation.

Charming one of the ribbons anchored around her form, hidden amongst the illusion, Hana created a third eye. Imbued with a kind of sixth sense, its purpose was to notify her if it detected anyone that wanted to do her harm. One could never be too careful.

Especially if her instincts were right.

AP / Swaps

Last edited by Wess; 10-27-2019 at 09:41 PM..
Old 10-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #19
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

The disguised Hana's words weren't terribly comforting. Tenzan was aware of what was coming--even moreso than the first time he'd recklessly tried to subdue Aramaki Kenai. Worse than that, he couldn't actually tell her. Not here. And even if he did, he admonished himself for being such a coward. But then... no one could really blame him.

To be a Celestial Gates user meant one's entire existence was lived on the edge of a knife, almost literally. The village on the whole hated that the Aramaki family even used them, and while there were those like Tenzan's grandfather who had honed the practice to a higher discipline, there were those who were significantly more reckless--like Tenzan's father. Even the chuunin found a strange relief in the idea that his grandfather's sacrifice hadn't come at the expense flinging the Eighth Gate open.

The chuunin squinted at the darkness, resisting a reflexive impulse to ignite his own hands to light the way. He trusted Hana thus far, and there was no reason not to continue; if push came to shove, he had to figure out some way for the both of them to survive. An encounter with a Celestial Gates use that could theoretically cheat death made that less likely, but to rush the mission now would jeopardize everything.

The path was surprisingly wide, and Tenzan kept near a wall mostly to avoid tripping over the rail tracks in the center of the tunnel. There were branching paths everywhere, making his grand plan to collapse the mine much less feasible. Destroying the operation from the inside was going to be impossible. At this point, we'd just have to eliminate every-... oh.

She hadn't said anything, but it was hard to fathom that Hana hadn't figured that out first. He sighed inwardly. A fight was unavoidable. As he heard voices echoing from a chamber further in, he took several deep breaths. This was going to get very rough, very quickly.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
Old 11-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #20
Wess
Alpha Twink

Noticing Tenzan’s change in demeanor, Hana bit her lower lip, chewing on it while she gathered her thoughts. The discussion over fighting their deceased ancestors on the way to the mine, coupled with the older chuunin’s crestfallen persona over the guard’s mentioning of him resembling a “Kenai” did little to alleviate her stress. She had seen the look before: It was of someone who accepted their fate, no matter how unfortunate it might be. She’d had once had the look herself before Ama pulled herself out of the slums. Tenzan’s skillset was primarily physical – if his father was waiting for them, then she needed to prepare for a fight against a taijutsu user, provided that their skills were similar.

She could hear voices as they approached. She kept an eye on Tenzan, watching his chest heave. This was going to be just like Yukigakure, just like when she’d lost Kannon. She kept reminding herself that she was stronger now – a lot stronger – but Tenzan had been a chuunin much longer than she had. If he was nervous, she definitely needed to be.

As the drew closer, Hana too began hearing a familiar voice. It was distant, like one that she had begun to forget, but part of it struck a chord in her. This time, it was her turn to inhale a sharp breath. The voice, it was the woman who raised, the woman who put stock in her ability to be a shinobi, the woman who convinced her parents that it was their daughter’s path to follow.

Eyes adjusting to the lights, Hana froze halfway into rocky chamber. There were a couple chairs and a table or two, lit dimly by the overhanging, flickering fluorescent lights.

“Royal flush! Alright boys, lose the shirts, I – oh! Heavens me, we have visitors.”

The perverted old woman’s eyes locked onto the three men’s forms. She let out a sigh of relief.

“It looks like they didn’t send my granddaughter. I’m sorry about your son, Kenai.”

Eyes open in horror, Hana did the only thing she could think of. She snapped, causing an explosion along the wooden arch helping old up the carved out mountain. The chamber began to crumble, and she reached for Tenzan.

This wasn’t a battle of life or death. This was suicide. She knew from earlier that Tenzan didn’t have any escape techniques – she wasn’t leaving another shinobi behind.

Not this time. They had to run.

AP / Swaps

Last edited by Wess; 11-11-2019 at 12:14 PM..