iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #11
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

“I’ll get him,” Shiro’s voice came a growl over the communications unit, a squick burst of static punctuated by his angry tone. “The bald guy with the mistress is something called a Saint, by the way. He’s jounin-class, be careful.”

He clicked off his communication unit and pulled his arms together to finish tying the woman – Orino the Swift – up underneath him with his roll of string. She was struggling, but her limbs were carefully bound to each other and her arms were folded behind her back, preventing her from being much of a threat. When he finished binding her he propped her up against the wall of the alleyway, so she’d at least be a bit comfortable, and tapped his forehead as he started to walk away from her.

“If you want to make a name for yourself, chase after better known scum. Hunting shadows just makes you look crazy,” He spoke from experience, it seemed – but disappeared into the crowd, couching her sword underneath his coat as he looked for Sero’s missing ninja. It immediately became obvious it was pointless – no one was running around or looking threatening, and they weren’t shooting off elemental spells to give away their location.

Except for the ice and snow clinging the air where Sero had just been. Shiro let out a soft groan as he watched the ice start to melt away from the corners of the building where his comrade had decided to get flashy. Young guys had no appreciation for subtlety - - and using Hyouton was a fine way to get yourself killed, these days.

Well, if I was flanked by mutant monsters, I’d probably be a bit more confident, too.

As for the Seamstress, where did she go? Her and the baldie had disappeared from the crowd. Moving to the rooftops would offer more information, but he was trying to keep a low profile. He snuck through the lunch rush crowd and got back to where the woman had been. No signs of a struggle. No alerts on comms. Shiro pushed himself behind the building the couple had been discussing whatever it was they were discussing, and walked right back out into the crowd.

He turned on his heel and tried again – only to come right back out in the middle of the crowd.

One more try.

Dammit. Genjutsu was Kuroki-chan’s speciality.

Kuroki Miyuki – his former companion, now long gone. Without her around to handle illusions like this, he would be stuck. Normally, traps like this had some tell, some broken bit of reality, that you could tug on to snap back to your senses - - but where was it? Everything looked the same. Shiro started to activate his communication tool, but it was probably pointless. He wasn’t sure how deep this illusion ran...was he just wandering in circles, otherwise unaffected? Or was he trapped in some dreamstate?

Maybe the Swift had gotten him after all, and right now he was babbling all his secrets to her while he thought he was on a swashbuckling adventure. He gritted his teeth at the thought.

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 05-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #12
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The seamstress and the bald man seemed to really be hitting it off and the two shinobi he had faced earlier were no longer an issue. There was no doubt this woman was really on some crazy stunt, but Sero was not paid to think and only paid to do his job; he would do it well.

The crowded streets became less and less populated as the two business partners rested at a park right outside the area they were previously at. There wasn’t much to the park except a few trees, a few benches, and an eerie sense of being watched. Sero knew that he was in the safety of the trees hidden but there seemed to be a lack of people all around them as if this was planned.

”Well, this has been quite a treat, I love talking to you on these clear days with no one around.” The bald man stated as he bowed his head to the seamstress.

”However, you have committed heinous crimes of nature and we can no longer allow such a thing. I will have to take you into questioning.” The bald man continued.

The seamstress did not seem amused by any of this and Sero was not either as he showed face and entered the arena that had been artificially made around them.

”She isn’t going anywhere. What would you want with a seamstress anyways?” Sero stated in defense of the woman.

”Is that what they call you? Oh oh oh, well son, you have been duped. This woman is a seamstress, but of body parts. She collects and adds to her own body.” The man stated before ripping away a piece of clothing that showed a patchwork Frankenstein-esque job.

”Well, I have seen weirder shit.” Sero stated as he pushed out a scroll and bit his finger before slamming it against the paper.

A smoke arose and out of it came a large beast of a spider. Tengu was back.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #13
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Shiro was knelt in front of Orino the Swift, resting his arms on his knees, staring directly at the woman with a sullen face. She spat on him, but he didn’t so much as flinch as he started directly at her with what amounted between a sullen expression and a pout.

She hurled several insults at him and struggled against his bonds.

He stared.

She tried to bite his nose, and he stared.

She turned her face as much as she could to not look at him, and he stared.

“Fine! What? What do you WANT?”

“Release your genjutsu.”

“So you can kill my partner? I don’t think so. Kill me first! That will do it!”

“Your loyalty is admirable, but I don’t want to kill a bound opponent. It’s not sporting.”

“Then let me out of here and I’ll kill you myself.”

“You’ve already tried that, Swift. I really need to get out of this trap and catch up with my client. My partner’s probably an actual idiot, and I don’t trust him not to summon one of his giant spider creatures in the middle of a peaceful town like this.”

“What?”

“He summons these giant half-man spider things. I don’t think it’s a genjutsu. It’s pretty terrifying. I’m arachnophobic, myself. But I think any regular person seeing one of those things would be terrified.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“It’s a trade. Let me out of this genjutsu so I can protect my client, and I’ll give you this.” He held up one of the sketchbooks from the previous saints he had dispatched. He opened it, one handed, to show her a page with his own sketches of the creature Tengu and what he had gleaned about its strengths and weaknesses. “You guys are some weird hunting group that likes to go after things like this, right? Shortly before Konohagakure destroyed my village, half of Yen Sero’s team died while in contact with Konohagakure spies. I have reasons to believe he sold out his comrades. That, combined with his recent affinity for dark arts and evil creatures, and his prattling about becoming the King of the dead country, I can only assume he has placed his own interests above his countrymen. I don’t mind giving you this token of information in exchange for letting me do my job. Do we have a deal?”

“...you’re cold. Really cold.”

“Yukigakure Black Ops.”

“I’ve released the illusion. You’re gonna leave that book here, right?”

Shiro tossed the book the girl’s lap and started out of the alleyway – happy to see he was breaking out into the crowd again. He was not happy to find that people were screaming in terror and fleeing in the opposite direction. He gritted his teeth. No reason for subtlety anymore – the man was a dangerous fool.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 05-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #14
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

”Now that is something I have not yet seen. Yes, it is a summon so I will not charge you with such a heinous crime like this woman here but I will have to bring you into KUSA to get some information out of you. I have also heard that Snow shinobi catch quite a price.” The man stated as he smirked.

Sero Began sifting through a few hand signs before a flock of ice birds erupted out of thin air. Each of the five headed towards the man and it seemed like the man would be able to easily dodge such an attack, however, chains erupted from the ground and they latched onto the man. Behind Sengo the large spider had summoned the chains and it was enough to slow down the man enough to get hit by the birds.

Each screeched as they hit the man and started to encase the man and the chains into the ice. Now stuck in the ground with both feet and his hands frozen it seemed like the man might be in some trouble.

About 80% of his body was covered in ice thanks to his small stature but it was more then enough to stop any movements he might have thought of having.

”It is too bad that we have to kill you. I really would have rather just had this woman be free to do whatever she liked. However, it would seem like you will not be as lucky as her.” Sero stated as Tengu began to make his way to the man.

Tengu sniffed the air, as he looked hungry. He laughed a deep chuckle that freaked Sero out as well.

Taking a bite of the abdomen that wasn’t covered by ice the venom started to spread. From the outside there was nothing really noticeable. However, inside his body began to become numb.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #15
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

“I was using that.” The Seamstress said, crossing one arm over her chest and the other gesturing at the body being devoured by the spiderbeast. She cut her eyes over to Sero, tapping her foot impatiently. “Your specific orders were to wait for my call, not to expose my movements to the town at large and to do...”

A flutter of her hand at the carnage before her. “To do this.”

“That’s my fault, ma’am,” Shiro said, appearing from the shadows of the alleyway with a deep bow. Sweat tinged the back of his neck as he bent over so far to reveal the nape of his neck. “There wasn’t enough time to give him specific instructions over the radio. I got caught off guard by one of the other Saints.”

She rolled her eyes, surprisingly calm to the squirming remains of the man as the spiderman happily ate away, unfaded by the screaming horror of the town around them. “It’s difficult to find good help these days. I was to leave this town tomorrow, anyway. I hadn’t wanted to reveal my activities here...it’s an other safehouse gone, an entire information network gone. I’ll be notifying your superiors.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Shiro said, raising from the bow. He placed his hand over his heart. “Mission success is my whole purpose. To have failed you in this way is unforgivable. I should have known better to trust such a sensitive mission to someone I haven’t trained with. This was...”

He cut his eyes at Sero and then bowed again to the Seamstress. “This was an unacceptable turn of events. You must forgive me. This failure has put us all at risk. It falls to my honor to protect you while you prepare your travel from this area. With this abject and blatant failure, the Company will have reason to hunt me as you are hunted by the Saints.”

He sighed, breaking his steely facade. This Sero was properly mad. “If you don’t have need of my services, I would appreciate the opportunity to flee.”

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 06-06-2018, 06:30 AM   #16
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The feeling of failing is not something that Sero likes to take lightly, and to be honest; Sero was quite upset with himself. It was only made worse when the seamstress started to complain about her lost assets and what she had lost. However, she had lost not as much as she thought she had lost. Sero thought for a moment the situation that was happening and he realized that this whole time they were compromised to fail.

Of course, there job was to protect this woman, the only reason she needed protection was because the Saints of Grass knew about her and her dealings with the dark arts. Sero was unaware with exactly what she did with the bodies but they could not have been kosher if some group of special forces wanted her dead.

Sero also didn’t really know a lot about these Saints that seemed to be following them and it was weird to think that he was solely responsible for their failure. He figured he was doing something right by making sure she was safe. All this time Sero was trying his hardest to make the others happy but it was no longer something he was interested in. He felt abandoned and alone in that moment and despite the sounds of bones crushing and blood spattering, he heard nothing.

He didn’t hear the complaining, he didn’t hear the apologies, and he surely did not hear the good byes. For a moment Sero was left alone in the park with nothing but a bloodied body and a man-sized spider as company. The two others had left and the screaming seemed to stop for a moment. It was pretty silent and Sero was surprised at how quiet it had become.

Slowly, Sero crept away from the scene and he seemed to had made it out of the park before he noticed something quite peculiar. He had returned to the same spot he had left the Saint. Sero wasn’t new to genjutsu and it was obvious that he was in a little bit of trouble. At this point it seemed like civility was thrown out the window and Sero created a clone of himself. He wasn’t sure where this would go but he had already relinquished his spider friend and he wasn’t going to allow him back.

”Let me leave if you want to live.” Sero stated as he continued to slowly walk around the arena, which was once a park. However, no one answered back which made Sero more nervous. Then suddenly a spear of wood impaled the clone that Sero had just made.

The wood melded with the snow and as if no pain was registered the clone took the wooden spear out and threw it to the ground. A small hole replaced where snow once was.

”I am going to tell you one last time leave.” Sero stated. No one answered once again but this time a swift woman arrived to slice the clone in half. A moment that surprised Sero but it surprised the attacker even more when the clone did not die, but instead became two.

The woman sliced and diced until finally there were eight clones. The fevor of the attack left the opposition confused at what happened and quickly the clones over powered the man. Each one grabbed the man’s body parts and for a moment Sero was confused at what was happening. In this moment it wasn’t reactionary to kill this woman but instead to overkill her.

He was annoyed by the previous situation and despite the feeling of remorse, he gave the girl an opportunity to run.

”Fuck you Yuki-nin, I thought you were all dead. What are you doing here? Fight me like a man.”The man stated as he struggled to get out of his confines.

Without saying a word a dozen snowballs appeared a top Sero’s head. One landed on the feet, cooling it to the touch, another to each hand, the thighs, the biceps, the chest, and the shoulders were all covered in ice as quickly as a moments notice. Then all that was left was the head.

Sero looked into the woman’s eyes and a smile crossed his face.

”Fu…..” The woman tried to blurt out before the final snowball enclosed her face.

The woman was not dead yet, but the combination of hypothermia, and lack of oxygen would leave her dead in a few seconds. Sero looked once more at the woman before allowing his clones to stay and leave a message that Yukigakure was still alive.

Last edited by Cayuga; 06-07-2018 at 06:19 AM..