iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Default Acquisition Attention

It was that time again for Sosu, he had made a habit to take up genin that were up starts, even if they weren’t in his division. Sosu was starting to almost enjoy it and was beginning to think of himself as a teacher. Of course, he was a fighter by heart, but he felt that the more impression he made on the rising population, the more likely his fame would blossom in the end when it mattered. His goal continued to be the same and the dreams of something coming kept getting stronger. He felt a fear in himself, not of death, but of excitement. As if he would become something great, something that his Village would be proud of.

Either way, today was a day that he would head to Enkaku to the South east. It was the place that held the liars, the cheaters, the rich, and the brilliant. There was obviously some animosity within Sosu’s tone as he continued to talk to himself. Sosu had been there once before and he felt like it was a place he did not belong for he would have killed a man or two. However, he was going on strict business this time and would be happy to further move the ideals of Sunagakure.

There are reports of an unregistered deity that seems to be able to do things others would not be able to without some sort of shinobi training. However, the problem is that the man is not registered in the database, which proves a problem to the rest of the Village. Having someone unregistered means that they could possibly be a nuke-nin in disguise.

Waiting upon the gates Sosu began to speak to the guard about nothing. He would wait for his teammate before heading of towards the Town.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
Solias

Taiyoshi sighed to himself as he had reflected on the boring trip out to wasteland. He had left days early and gone on an indirect route hoping for some excitement after the weeks he had spent at the forge on his latest masterwork. It was yet to be completed and named as his two girls on his left hip. After beating the first ambush to a pulp he had seen no more fun, they had to have sent a runner to warn others. So 2 extra boring days in a world of sand and mountains. He could practically feel the disappointment in his swords as the roads remained as barren as the rest of the wasteland he traveled through.

Taiyoshi had opted to not bring his leather jacket in the sweltering heat instead bringing a robe-like gray longcoat with roomy sleeves and high collar for keeping the sun off of him. The weight of his swords at his hip and the arm guards beneath the sleeve soothed his restless energy. His village symbol proudly displayed on his right bicep the young shinobi found the gates and his meeting spot. His heavy boot falls parted the crowd around him, most of them shocked to see a young teen was the cause of the noise and not a man 2 feet taller.

It wasnt long before he spotted the man he was looking for and made a deliberate beeline for the man. Tai stopped directly in front of his new teammate and automatically sized him up. A wide devil may care grin stretched over his features before he spoke. "You must be Len Sosu, I'm Hyryu Taiyoshi and i am pleased to meet you." Taiyoshi extented his rough leather glove clad hand in greeting. "Please call me Taiyoshi, or Tai if you are comfortable with it. When i ashed about my partner for this mission all i got was 'You two will get along famously' and i like every possible implication of that statement."
Old 04-25-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

AS the young genin rushed towards Sosu, he almost prepped his hand to come and land right on the kids face. The sudden rush towards Sosu did not go well for the young and wild chuunin, however, he would be able to hold back his impulse to attack the child. It was even more interesting that the child was that of a Kohonagakure breed. It was not the first time he would be with someone from that village and he hoped that it would be possible that his name would get heard all the way in a different Country. At least in his mind that was something to really excel at and set a goal for. He was sure that some people must know of him within Sunagakure, so maybe it was time to branch out. If the mission was successful, he would try and go to other countries if he was able.

”What’s up Tai, I hope that you enjoy fighting cuz that’s what I end up doing within these missions. I try to be all diplomatic or silent with a few things and then bam, shit turns into a rumble. So, if you if you are able to handle your own it will work out. Now, to business; we will be going to Enkaku. It is a hell of a city with a lot of “culture”. So if you are ready lets head off.” Sosu stated astutely. He wanted to make it seem like he was a highly capable shinobi that knew no wrong.

Saying his peace with the guard he headed towards his destination with the hope the boy could follow. He had learned not to let his own speed overshadow that of the genin he obtained missions with. It was with that in mind that Sosu did not go his full speed.

”Nice sword, what kind of taijutsu you do? I have my own little sword style myself.” Sosu stated, hoping to stir up conversation.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
Solias

Taiyoshi's grin was ear to ear as he listened to the older man. What luck! Len Sosu was just the kind of partner Tai had hoped. A lover fighting and a swordsman was just all he could have hoped for. "Thank very much for the compliment!" Taiyoshi said brightly, his tone more like a proud father than a young swordsman or shinobi. He moved the coat aside to show off the deep blues of his tsuka and saya. "These are my girls Wani and Mizuchi. I forged them myself before i joined the academy. I practice Baisuu Tou Ryuu and i can use up to 4 swords, but i was about 2 weeks out from finishing my latest blade. I'm all for trying diplomacy but would prefer if they made things difficult. If they are trying to fight that must mean they think themselves good enough to best trained warriors. I have no interested in fighting weaklings if they aren't going to fight me first."

The flat wastes were just as dull leaving the city as they were entering but they did nothing to hamper Tai's excitement at the prospect of a good fight looming just over the horizon. "I know it might sound strange but i come from a family of blacksmiths and i wont use for more than a few minutes a sword i didn't craft myself, even if I'm not on great terms with them that's a rule i won't break. So what about you Sosu? What kind of blade do you carry and what technique do you use?"

He cursed the slip of his tongue about one of the few codes he held from his previous life. He didn't want to be that taiyoshi anymore and cherished the heightened freedom shinobi life had over his old life. Taiyoshi lived for that feeling of when he would lose himself in the rhythm of a good fight, and with a partner like this one surely he would get his wish!
Old 04-25-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu enjoyed when the boy spoke. He reminded him of himself and it was in the good way. Sosu was an adept to the blade but he was no master, however, there was no doubt that he knew how to sling a blade better then the genin in front of him. He had trained his craft hard and despite being a savant in the taijutsu field he had so much more to learn. He knew of the blade work the boy spoke of but he was not so familiar that he had hoped. When it came to fist-to-fist, there was no doubt he war the greatest around, except for the Renchinshin.

He hated the thought that someone was better then him and despite this he worked harder and hared to be the best. He would continue to work forward.

”Well, to be honest I am trained in the acrobats. I am a fluid type of person and although I have a blade I don’t rely on it. I have my fist as my true strength. If you are aware I am highly trained in the decaying fists, vortex fists, and fierce god fists. That isn’t to mention this” Sosu stated as he sifted through some hand signs and plopped his hand on the ground.

Emerging from the smoke came a dog. A husky of a dog breed entered the fray and although he had some large amount of hair it didn’t seem to bother him.

”Is that our opponent Sosu? He seems quite weak??” Daiki stated confused.

”No, no, he is our partner. I summoned you because we are about to find an unregistered shinobi and this boy will be helping us.”

Sosu gleamed with confidence. He had a feling that all he was saying and showing off would rove that he was quite superior. At least he hoped the boy would be amazed.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
Solias

Taiyoshi was really begining to genuinely like his partner, he reminded him of the only man he had ever called master, but Tai was careful to avoid his Ryuujin Fuu. He was no longer ashamed about it but it brought him back to the worst of times. This wasn't then so he pushed that dark memory aside and continued his conversation with a chuckle at the talking dogs' words.

"Yeah, youre right i am currently weak. I am behind my younger genin that have spent their whole lives becoming shinobi and I even started years later than most of them. Years from now you'll be able to tell people you met the legendary Taiyoshi Hyryu before he earned a name or title because i wont be weak for long. I will be the best damned swordsman the world has ever seen."

He didn't have to look over and see skeptical looks, he kept forward and ran. He might have tripped over his own feet, laughing, if he saw a dog with that look. "I am a bit ashamed to admit that i had previously looked down on unarmed fighters, thinking them barbaric. Though I would say my best friend is among that number, you may have heard of the crazy bastard: Huuga Yuu. Oh man we tore up the town." He started to drift back when he saw the town coming up.

"Is that the place we are going to? I've never been to sand country before this so I am unfamilar with your geography." Tai looked over to the pair, he had always like dogs. Their loyalty was a trait Tai valued as the most real deception he could muster was a feinted strike. He had always been the proverbial bull in a china shop.

This promised to be a fun trip.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #7
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Hyuuga Yuu, Sosu was aware of the name, he not knew about Yuu particular but he knew about the Hyuuga clan. They were a strong clan of physical strength that probably beat out the Renchinshin of the Sunagakure but Sosu would not allow anyone of a clan origin to beat him. He needed to defeated all of them and become the strongest that was his drive and he knew he would make it if he really tried. Either way, he would succeed where other failed and he knew that this kind in ftront of him would witness Sosu in his greatness.

”I probably wouldn’t like them Hyuuga, deep down I want to be the strongest shinobi in Sunagakure that isn’t a member of a specific clan. I feel like those that have been born within an advantage do not deserve to be the strongest.” Sosu continued to speak as the buildings of their estination began to show themselves. Sosu was ready to get the party started and he would allow his partner to do as much as him. He enjoyed the idea that there were other kids besides him that anted power and liked to beat ass.

”Alright, so there is a man in this town that does some special jutsu involving glass and sand, however, there is no record of him so we grab him and we bring him back to the Village. Other then that we are here to just get the mission done. Do you got that?” Sosu stated as the Village of Enkaku came into focus. They were now in the area that the man was said to do his tricks.

Sosu hoped that the whole situation would be easy but if his past experience were anything to compared to he knew that there was going to be some fighting involved.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #8
Solias

Tai shrugged at Sosu's words. "True strength is earned no matter how easy or hard you had it to start." Tai craned his neck back to look at some of the large ornate buildings. It hadn't looked very large in the distance but it was obviously quite wealthy if the flowing architecture was any indicator.

Tai nodded his ascent to the plan as he slowed his pace as he approached the gates. Tai walked up to one of the men on guard, with a stern look the man asked, "What is your business here?"

"I heard rumors that some kind of god popped up and wanted to see for myself. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?"

"Head toward the center of town he is seen often there."

"Thank you for the help." Tai said as brightly as he could. For a small city it bustled with alot of life. Tai carefully picked his way through the crowds carefully avoiding the wealthiest of the pedestrians lest he fight their body guards over his "poor manners." He was already, probably, going to a fight no need to get in one early.

The center square was quite large as Tai looked about. There was a large crowd gathered in the center of the square so Tai cautiously approached. He made the attempt to look inconspicuous maved carefully to the front of the crowd to see what the fuss was about, by his reconing it was either the man they were looking for or one hell of a street perfomer.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #9
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu was impressed in how the kid was handling all the situations as they came to them. He was even more so impressed when he didn’t even ask if it was alright to start interrogating the residents of the city. Instead he went right at it and proclaimed or more or less demanded to know where their target was. Sosu would have done it a little differently. They had no idea who was who in the city and anyone could be friends with the man they were searching for. That would lead to the tip off that they didn’t need and that the man might escape their custody.

”You could have been a little more discreet in your questions. As you can see, we would have easily found the man if we just looked around and followed the crowd. You have to meld into the crowd, not start asking where our target is. Hiding in plain sight is one of the strongest skills a shinobi could have. Not that I am mad, I am just trying to help a little bit.” Sosu stated as he both praised the boy as well as gave him some sort of criticism. It was important to always learn from your mistakes.

As they entered the square they began to search for the source of the crowd and it did not take long as a man clearly in the center of the attention began to do something.

”It is I the deity incarnate Resko of the River of Glass. I am here to amaze and stun you into disbelief.” The man stated as he started to warp his hands around the air. Creating a circle and from it glass started to develop and form into a sphere.

It amazed Sosu not because the man had created glass, but that he used no handsigns. There must be a real reason for the trick. Sosu would stand and watch a little longer and see.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:59 PM   #10
Solias

Tai nodded at the criticism taking the option to heart. "That is valid, but consider you don't proclaim godhood without looking to attract followers. I must be one of dozens to show up just today."

Tai made sure to stick close to his partner as he gently worked his way through the awed crowd. Hearing the man performing for a crowd Tai began to think the impression he had made during his first read was correct. The man was a braggart and fool after praise, attention, followers and power. Typical weakling philosophy of gaining strength through his followers rather than his own blood and sweat.

"Ok I will go right and see if i can try to get him to talk, go left and if he comes at me you'll be in his blind spot. Should be about as difficult as my usual haggling strategy, they both come to blows after the fact anyways."

Without waiting he set off to position himself properly to give his teammate the best angle to come in and help. The man was performing very animatedly to the crowd, taking the glass orb and shaping it in ways that were unnatural and impossible without charkra. He briefly entertained the idea that something similar would be possible with metal before refocusing on the mission.

The man shouted at the crowd after returning his glass figure he had been molding into an orb once again nearly twice the size it had began at, "Can you believe the power of
Resko of the River of Glass?!"

"Wow mister that was really neat!" Tai's words seemed to jar the man out of his act. Tai put every ounce of innocence he could into his voice and face. "If you're some kind of god you must be looking for followers, right? Can i talk to you about all this and see you might be interested in my work?"

Tai knew calling him out here would spark a fight even if that was what he wanted he promised to try to talk it out. If a fight did break out it would at least be better if he weren't packed in with potential hostages.