iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #11
Junge
on the last train home

The explosion knocked Hachirou into a rather undignified squat, but he didn’t appear worried about the boat or his wife at all. “I’ll handle the boat! The ninja went east, he’s probably trying to get back to the main river!”

A familiar sounding and very angry list of profanities bubbled out from the water near the barge. There wasn’t much intelligence or meaning to what the Shinshi was saying, apart from the raw emotion of having just been blown up. Half a second sooner and I’d be splattered all over the hull like a fucking booger! Gemmei coughed as smoke from inside the ship rose up and flowed through the same porthole she’d escaped from. Her dress, covered in blood and soot and now moist from the water she stood atop, was not the best outfit for combat. Part of her felt good that it got ruined though. Small victories!

She didn’t understand a damn thing that was happening, but she knew this; she was going to beat the shit out of that Leaf shinobi even if it caused (another) international incident. Then she’d worry about the guy throwing sharp white spears everywhere. Priorities. Priorities.

When she heard her husband mention the direction of their attacker Gemmei didn't even stop to think. Her feet were already splashing through the water's surface. She could shunshin if needed- but damn, what if the dude had already shunshined away? They’d never catch him!

Whatever! Whatever! She’d just shunshin to the River of Purity, and hope the guy showed up. That could work, right?

With a few hand seals she generated an intense puff of smoke, then disappeared into the night air. Now she stood right at the mouth of the tributary, where the boat had come up just hours ago. The night’s darkness shrouded her well enough, and she crouched and waited right in the middle of the softly babbling river. Was it the alcohol that was making her this impulsive, or was it just her attitude?

Either way, who gave a shit!

Last edited by Junge; 04-25-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #12
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo continued to follow the man as he ran and ran, he was quick, almost quicker then Sengo, however, because of the lead that he had received and the handicap of being flung against a wall and his legs not working as well, there was a good distance between the two. There was some hope that Sengo would catch up to him but then that was all soiled as something happened that Sengo was not considering. The man had stopped. He stopped and started to speak as if he had some sort of advantage to the Sound Jounin. Sengo was sure that the man was not of the same rank, however, the way he conveyed himself would make someone think otherwise. So Sengo stopped and peered at the man almost allowing him to speak.

”Well, it seems we have an interesting fellow here for sure, you are no doubt a shinobi, but I am not sure of which village you are from. It would be a horrible thing if this turned into another international incident. Who would want a war right? Anyways, it had been fun, and I have enjoyed our stay but I think I would like to leave now. I will catch you later.” The leaf shinobi stated as he smiled and disappeared into smoke.

”SHIT! SHIT!” Sengo stated as he grabbed the tree branches and bush weeds. He had lost the man and it was now a real screwed up situation at this point. What the hell would he do?

The only thing he could think of was to return to the boat. As long as the cargo was handled correctly, the leaf shinobi didn’t know which village, and the boat survived with his teammate everything would work out. As Sengo reached the boat he came upon a scene of chaos as the clones continued their work. Finding his partner he calmly walked up to him.

”Where did your wife go?”

Last edited by Cayuga; 04-27-2018 at 06:26 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 06:03 PM   #13
Junge
on the last train home

No way, no goddamn way, there was no way in hell that-

Nope, Gemmei wasn’t even going to question it. Some totally random man could have just shunshin’d into her sight and it wouldn’t have changed her decision at all. Somebody was going to get their butt beaten for ruining her day, it might as well be whoever the hell just poofed into existence a few feet away from her.

The night’s darkness worked both ways, hiding Gemmei but keeping the exact location of the newcomer a secret. Didn’t matter too much, he likely would try to escape on foot from here. Still, she needed answers, and she’d stop at nothing short of murder to get them.

She leapt up and formed a few handseals right before landing back on the surface of the water. The splash would serve as a good enough trigger. At once she hear her target scream and splash into the water himself. That was a pretty typical reaction to getting attacked by an underwater venus flytrap.

While he flailed around Gemmei jumped on him like a cat on a grasshopper. He screamed, she screamed, he tried to make some hand seals, she chomped into his fingers with her teeth, it was a big fat mess. They both plunged into the river as the chakra in their feet gave way in the struggle.

-

“Gemmei-that is, my wife- will be fine.”
Hachirou gripped his cane with white knuckles. “Didn’t you hear her yelping after the explosion? She’s probably pouting downstream somewhere.” The fire in the barge was quickly extinguished thanks to Sengo's quick thinking. If nothing else unexpected happened, the boat wouldn't be meeting an early watery grave.

“Where’s the-“
Hachirou didn’t get to speak as a grainy, poor quality Gemmei voice screeched out over the radio. ”Where the fuck is the captain? Where’s that spear-chucking homicidal maniac?”

A look of confusion crossed Hachirou's face and he reached for his own radio before finding it missing. The noise was coming from Sengo’s radio. “When…” He rubbed his temple with his free hand. “She must have stolen my radio from before. What a rascal.”

The radio cackled with anger again. ”SOMEONE better fucking tell me what the HELL is going on, or I’m kicking everyone's ass when I get back to the boat.”

Last edited by Junge; 04-25-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #14
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

SEngo was able to understand the whole situation at that point. The man that was his partner wasn’t really in control and despite his rank and skill, neither was Sengo. Gemmei was the one that was in control of not only the situation, but the boat as well. Sengo knew that a woman angry was not a good thing and despite the fact he hated all woman due to his previous experiences, he was willing to save this one. It seemed like she was in a disadvantage and although she seemed like she was angry, it also seemed like she was alright. It was against the best judgment of the sound shinobi to go back for the woman, but if she was alive and safe, he had to in respect to the man that had saved the ship. Sengo felt like he really screwed the pooch with this one and he would be alright with just completing the mission.

Turning the ship around seemed to be a hefty task as it took more then the allotted time it should have. Their destination was about a mile or so away from where they were and even more so away from their destination. However, if they had time to rescue the woman there probably wasn’t any danger of more shinobi. Besides, Sengo was quite confident with his skills and felt he could take on anyone from Kohanogakure.

” We will pick up your woman but she better have a good reason for going so far out. I mean at this point we could have been to our destination. Besides, I figure that Leaf shinobi is telling his intelligence about us right now. If we hurry up we still might be alright.” Sengo stated as the oat finally got on course to pick the woman up.

As they reached the area around their destination a woman and another figure came into vision.

”Well, I would be danm” Sengo stated. Sengo knew it was interrogation time.

Last edited by Cayuga; 04-27-2018 at 06:20 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #15
Junge
on the last train home

“Blow it out your ass.” Gemmei huffed, quickly tossing her prisoner over the side of the barge with a little bit of discrete Hen’iki usage. “Hachirou, you retarded, malformed gremlin, where are you?” The Leaf chuunin looked traumatized on a few different levels, with his mouth gagged with a piece of ripped Gemmei dress. Both his arms were bent at bad angles, clearly having been brutally snapped. This ninja wasn’t going anywhere else soon.

Gemmei followed right after, limping and holding her side. What remained of her dress was soaked from the inside with blood as well, and several kunai stuck out of her at odd angles. Parts of her hair now looked curled and blackened, as if she’s stuck her head in an open flame. With a grunt she collapsed on the shadowy deck of the barge. “Ugh. Smells like burnt shit,” she mumbled.

Hachirou hobbled out from the shadows. His suit jacket was removed and his sleeves rolled up. Grease and grime ran along his arms and face. “Ah. Gem. Nice of you to come back.”

She couldn’t offer much of a rebuttal since she was so out of breath. Instead she just pointed to the shinobi she’d risked life and limb to capture. Whaaaaaat’s the deal, man.”

Gemmei watched her husband shuffle over to the fallen shinobi and remove his gag. He spat it out at once, talking with furious rage. “You’re all dead, do you hear me? Dead! You can’t get away with this. You’ll have hunters on your ass by sunrise. By sunrise!”

“We’re not even in your country.”
Hachirou sighed, looking over the wounded ninja’s body. “No communication unit. Didn't find any on the other bodies either. I think we're in the clear. You disarmed him, Gem?”

“Yes. Also shut the fuck up.”

“Hm.”
Hachirou exhaled a stale breath. “Okay. Captain, you have anything you want to do?” Hachirou hoisted himself back up with his cane, tossing his suit jacket over to the prone Gemmei. “I’ve got a lot of blood to scrub up down below deck. You’ll finish up here?”

“Hey, hey.”
Gemmei moaned, trying to not accept the jacket that now covered her. “What’s going on? What is this?”
Old 04-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #16
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo wanted to be honest with the woman now that he knew htat she had essentially saved the whole mission. Of course, SEngo was alright with leaving her in the swamps of River Country, but because the husband was on board that was an impossibility. Either he would be alright with the whole situation or not, and Sengo felt after thinking about it that this woman was scary enough to constitute an explanation to.

”The cargo inside this ship is shipment to a family that I have started to work for. I asked your husband to help with my plan and he agreed under the stipulation that this would be some sunset cruise. Now before you get mad at me listen. There was a lot of money for us when we completed this. If you think about it, your husband was thinking about another honeymoon you all could have. The only thin we have left to do is dispose of this man and enter the territory and deliver the goods. That is what is happening.” Sengo stated lightly as to make sure his words were nothing more then sincere.

He looked at the other man, the one that was starting to wiggle away from the whole situation. Of course being tied up put him at a disadvantage that would not be given lightly.

”Now, why would you attack the ships so far out? We know that Kohanogakure does not operate this far out. What did you think to gain from this? You see that you had really screwed yourself at this point. You friends are all dead, you are wrapped up and captured, and we are still heading to our destination. You know what happens next right?” Sengo stated as a bone began to appear in his hand Its pristine shine glistened in the setting sun.

Last edited by Cayuga; 04-27-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Old 04-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #17
Junge
on the last train home

The sky shifted from black, to gray, to a brilliant blue. The sun rose for the dawn of another beautiful day in River.

Dozens if not hundreds of dock workers skittered around like ants as the barge pulled into Metsubishi’s harbor. Within minutes of landing the ship swarmed with uniformed men unloading the cargo. One or two security officers wandered in, a few questions were asked if they had seen anything happen last night, but other than that nothing happened. The interior of the ship didn’t look like it did when they’d left, but it certainly didn’t look like the site of a triple homicide.

“I didn’t know plumbers could clean up brain matter.”
Gemmei shivered, wrapped up in some of Hachirou’s spare clothes. The two sat farther away from the harbor and now waited for some breakfast to arrive at their table. “What kind of toilets have they been flushing in Kusagakure?”

“Please, Gem.”
Hachirou poured himself another coffee to try and stave away the exhaustion. “If you can clean up an overflowing sewer system and leave the place smelling minty fresh, a little fire damage is nothing.”

As the smartly dressed and busy denizens of Metsubishi walked by them Gemmei couldn’t help but glance at each one, wondering if a Leaf shinobi might cross by next. What had she gotten into? Could she have done anything different?

Did she want to do anything different? She didn’t fear shinobi. A bunch of magic powers didn’t make dumb assholes anything but bigger dumb assholes. Something else scared her.

It’d been so long since she’d been in danger. The wedding, dropping out of the big missions, getting in trouble in Iron…no point in denying it, she missed the mayhem. Last night had been hell. But it’d been her kind of hell.

“So…”
She eyeballed the waiter as he moved by. “Hey, gimme whatever wine you’re allowed to sell this early.” The waiter frowned but acted professional. He slid a big plate of steamed fish right under her nose. She scowled, but in the kind of way she liked to.

“What’s next?”
Old 04-27-2018, 06:24 AM   #18
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo wiped his hands clean of everything that had happened the previous night. He was no stranger to death and in fact he was well known for sadistic experiments back in Rice Country; of course, all Naga had some sort of experimentation going on when it came to how they delved down their own path. For Sengo it was creating new things and obtaining a new understanding for jutsu. Within the day nothing of interest happened and to be honest the only corpse that was worth the travel home was a leaf shinobi. Sengo felt that despite being quite the resourceful one it would be quite difficult to hide that kind of body on his travels back to Rice Country.

As he headed towards the woods adjacent to the harbor they had just docked at a man met him. He was finely dressed, he dressed a little out of place as if he was attending a wedding. His checked suit and red tie undoubtedly made him stand out but he didn’t seem to care. No one seemed to have the gull to even look in his direction and it was obvious that there was something to this man that the residents knew that he did not.

”Good work Seyo Sengo, the family is pleased with your completion and despite the incursion of leaf shinobi you handled them as well as another family member would. Because of that, you will receive your payment and it seems that it would please you to know how quickly you got it. The mysterious man stated as he handed the envelope to the Naga.

”Thank you, I might want to continue working for this family of yours if you have more for me to do? I need all the help I can get after stirring up some trouble if you get what I am saying.” Sengo stated as he put the envelope in his pocket.

The man did not speak but instead just smiled and walked off. Then a few men appeared next to him, it was as if they were there the whole time and Sengo never really noticed. Was it a trick or were they hiding? Was Sengo just really oblivious to the whole situation? Either way, Sengo was ready to head back home and continue his work to defeat the Bear Claw. There was only one man left and he was willing to bet that he wouldn’t go down easy.