iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #11
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Not naked, but yeah, I ain't gonna mess up my suit--my mom will be really mad," he said casually, "Wait lady! Don't make this fuckin' weird--you're the one who asked to see my bloodline!"

Twenty-five wasn't so bad? Was it? How many years was that? Seven? Eight? Fist was tempted to count using his fingers but refrained.

She was old enough.

Still, he took off his suit jacket and then slowly unbuttoned his shirt and very carefully folded it and handed both the jacket and button down to Sahori with a degree of carefulness ("Please be careful, that's my only one...!"). It was only when he stood in front of her, completely shirtless in front of this big ass tree that he realized that this may have been inappropriate.

"Er...It ain't what it looks like, anyway, let me just go...", he reached out his left palm and focused his chakra, soon an opening and then a fully functional and blinking green eye appeared, "So, essentially what the Celestial Body does is allow for cellular manipulation--so I don't got weird eyes but I can grow a couple, this dude right here would probably be my eightieth eyeball? I dunno, I've only really held onto the originals."

He raised his other arm and it transformed, slowly but surely, tendons and muscles and bones molding into a steel like substance and then straightening out and thinning out to resemble an honest to god katana. He then raised up the blade and cut off his other arm with little fanfare, blood cutting the ground, the arm still twitching below--eyeball and all.

"I can also change my limbs to weapons and regenerate limbs," he said and as if on cue another arm was sprouting out, reforming, bone by bone and cell by cell before finally being brand new and a regular degulalr schmegular Sanshiro stood in front of her, "It's not the Byakugan, but it ain't that bad, I think."

Truth be told Fist loved his bloodline and loved showing it off--probably because he was very much good at it and had always adopted the Sanada techniques as if they were second nature. Masakage and Masayuki had both argued to the prodigy that he had pushed the bloodline to limits not even they had fathom'd...

Such praise did not go without hubris.

"Why'd you think my dad looks twenty-five at fifty? Diet? Not smoking three packs a day--gimme a break."

He placed his shirt back on and when buttoning it up looked exasperated smacking his legs in impatience...

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck," he sighed, "I got friggin' blood on pants, shit!"

As if on cue another pair of hands sprouted from his chest and continued buttoning up his shirt as he examined his pants with incredulity...

"This lady is gonna friggin' flip...shit!"

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 04-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #12
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

It isn’t natural.” Byakko had jumped down from the roof, shifting back into her human form. She paused next to the disgarded Sanada limb, and then eyed back up at Sahori, who was lightly clutching at her throat. “Are you okay?

Of course. Not my first time seeing a dismemberment.” Sahori stood up from the bench and gestured loosely at Sanshiro, eyes still focused on the separated arm. It had taken all her willpower not to shout out, nor to try and flee as he started to shift his body and regrow parts. Byakko was right – it wasn’t natural at all. Otherworldly, even. Corrupted.

What could your grandfather want with that?
We can just hire shinobi, it’s not like we need...

Sahori looked over at Sanshiro, and back at Byakko. “This is Byakko, White Tiger of the West. She prefers you to say the whole thing the whole time. She’s my tutor.

Close enough, anyway. The white haired woman simply started at Sanshiro, not offering a curtsy like Sahori had done. She folded her arms over her chest and slid her hip out just slightly. “A blasphemy walking. These don’t harken to good times, Sasa.

Sahori was at her thumb again, lightly biting the nail. It was indeed not good shit. A mutant bloodline, a corpse horror technique...trading land and taxes for this sort of power. Worst of all, he wanted to do it through her womb. What was Grandfather thinking? What was Shinji’s threat? The next storm could wash away their wealth again? With this Sanada bloodline, the next generation of children would definitely be worthwhile to Iwagakure. That...would secure themselves firmly in the eyes of the future Tsuchikages, as well. A form of immortality for the family, least they wash away and got eaten up like the Zaibatsu currently did to weaker clans and merchant houses. A fear for retribution. It made some sense.

But Sajime Sahori couldn’t be sure. “I’ll have a maid clean your clothing and get you something more mission appropriate to wear. I want to see this body mutation in action.

She turned to him, eyes alight with some sort of passion. “And can you pick up that arm?

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #13
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"It's not unnatural, don't be ignorant Byako Kitten of the East," Fist muttered out loud but mostly to himself, "I was born like this...people can't help how they're born and shit..."

He had taken this to heart.

"I'm not unnatural or a mutant, I'm just different," he said with some finality, "You're not a mutant for having a cute button nose, eh Sahori-chan? People makin' fun of you for that shit...I mean, it's what little kids do."

But, in spite of Fist's open and clear use of his bloodline--the history of the Sanada was not one of understanding or acceptance when it came to their powers. They were feared and persecuted for generations and had lived in secrecy for hundreds of years prior to swearing subservience to Konoha within the last twenty. He had been wrong to think that she'd look at him as anything but a freak or with apprehension...

But maybe he had hoped for that and that's why he wanted to show her?

I don't care about pleasing her...

That's wrong, I care about pleasing everyone.

"Amazing Sanshiro! I could marry you afterall! Nyah!"

What did you want? What did you expect?

What's the goal here? Sanada Shinji doesn't run your life...

You can end this right now.

You just have to speak up.

He followed her, discarded arm in hand and a white suit now pitter pattered with bloodstains and ash--he didn't know what he would do and he didn't know what Sahori expected of him as well. What was her move? There were moments where she had shown her feelings honestly and yet there were also moments, and a skilled Jounin would be more receptive to this, that she seemed to be putting on a front.

The two were separated by nearly a decade and also hundreds of miles and the military might of two of the most powerful countries on the continent. What hope could there be in this match?

Money and security for the Sanada...

But how much was Sanshiro's body worth?

"We don't have to do this, y'know?", he said finally, "The mission, showing you more of my body, the betrothal, the whole thing..."

He looked away from Sahori and out a window--he thought of his mother, his father, his sister, his uncle that loved him and the uncle that wanted to kill him. He thought of his friends, he thought of his colleagues, he thought of his former lovers...he pondered if he still loved them. If he was capable of loving another or if love even meant anything in an arrangement like this.

"The Eagle Boss owes me a favor and there is work for me to do either at home or elsewhere in the world," he said calmly, "You don't have to put yourself through this and shit, y'know? I'll take whatever heat or blame my family puts on me."

He sighed...

"I don't know if I can do this," he said finally, "You obviously don't wanna do it either..."

He flicked his cigarette away to the chagrin of a maid passing by...

"So why should we?"

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #14
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Sahori walked alongside Sanshiro while Byakko took the rear guard, as she tended to do in combat missions. Even here at home, they operated as a unit...whenever Byakko wasn’t back in her own realm, doing whatever it was that White Tigers of the West did. As for the twenty-five year old dowry, she felt a little bad for hurting the kid’s feelings. Yeah, he was a Jounin, and she should expect more maturity out of him, but the same could have been said about herself. Rank and combat experience didn’t make the matters of marriage or social convention any easier. If anything, she was less experience at this sort of thing than most normal women her age – most everyone she knew that was female and non-shinobi was already married, happily or not. It was difficult to open your heart to someone else in her line of work...so many people dead, so many people you can’t save.

One of the first rules in the shinobi handbook is to ever let your emotions show in a mission. A lot of shinobi took that to heart and based their entire life around it. A closed heart doesn’t grieve like an open one. But arranged marriage? She was a ninja...the idea of getting pregnant to further some clan line was the opposite of what she had planned for herself. She couldn’t go out on adventures and try and save the world, one piece at a time, if she had children to raise. The whole process of childbearing was nothing she wanted to do with. She had made that choice a long time ago, when her first love had…

...well.

Don’t worry about that right now,” She said, some color coming back to her voice. “It’s not like a wedding would happen anytime soon. There’s plenty of bureaucracy between that and now. Besides, with us both being high-ranking shinobi, I’m sure even the Kage might be involved. I’ve never known anything to pass through the Tsuchikage’s office quickly, and from what I understand about Konohagakure, it’s the same.

Was she reassuring him, or herself? A smile split over her face as she turned to look at him. “Sanshiro-chan. Our villages have had a trade agreement for over a hundred years now. One of your Hokage once protected this village when he was still a jounin, just like you.

She tapped the headband on her neck. “Iwanin take that both ways. A respect for your village...

The door before them, at the end of this hall, exploded open. Before them was a typical square fighting arena, the edges of it positively filled with chuunin Iwagakure operatives. “...and an intense rivalry. Would you like to show us what a Konohanin can do?

Like clockwork, a maid appeared next to Sanshiro, a carefully folded Konoha-style shinobi uniform in her hands. It was old fashioned, but still new. A testament to the long history between the villages.

We can worry about the nature of our relationship later. I want to see your ninja way.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #15
Bukowski
The People's Champ

So that's the answer? That's always the answer...

Be patient.

What was it that father said? About how he made his living before we became shinobi of Leaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanada Shinji
"I’ve made my living, Sanshiro, in large part as a gambler. Card games? Dog races? Drinking contests? You name it and I bet on it. Some days? Some days I'd make twenty bets and some days I would make none. There would be weeks, sometimes months, where I wouldn't bet anything--simply because there was no play. And so what would I do? I'd wait, I'd plan, I'd marshal my resources--and when the time came, and the time always comes, and I did see an opportunity? I did the only sane thing...I bet it all."
In many ways, he could see that his father had not changed much in his years as a shinobi of Leaf--but that's what made the Sanada different, didn't it? He stared at the flak jacket, ancient and brimming with Leaf history and thought of his own claim to the same. The Sanada were not shinobi historically and Fist was among the first generation to really claim a hidden village.

She spoke of this hundred year rivalry with Leaf about an alliance with Leaf that went back a hundred years with her ancient diety tiger/hand maiden--she was classy and educated, older and more experienced...old money and status. His father had always been enamored with the finer things and always looked down at the brutality of shinobi--Masakage as well. They desired freedom and autonomy...

Maybe his father saw the Sajime as a road to that. Could Fist be the carriage?

"I guess you're right Sahori-chan, not like we're gettin' married tomorrow or anything..."

He stared at the uniform before scooping it up in his hands, he dropped the arm and with a snap of a finger it was burning and turned to ash, a pile of dust on the flooor. He stared at the uniform for a moment before speaking...

"Had you even heard of the Sanada clan before today? Our history in Leaf is a short one, twenty years or so, y'know?", he sighed, "I don't know if many in Konoha would claim me qualified in showing how Konoha-Nin fight and shit."

But fighting had always made sense, right? His body and skill had always spoken much more articulately than his tongue and there was a certain desire to release stress and generally show this classy, elegant Iwa-Nin who he was both bound to and who had twice so egregiously written him off. It appealed to his inner nature...

No matter what, whether qualified or not, he knew he wanted to show her what he could do. Some naive part of his mind thought that this whole problem was one he could punch his way out of...

He still hadn't learned a thing.

"I can show you my ninja way though, I'm good at that--behind every fist, another fist," he nodded mostly to himself, "Could I get a katana as well though?"

He'd wait...he'd plan...he'd do what he did best...

And when the time came, as it always did, Fist would make a gamble of his own.

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 04-20-2018 at 12:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #16
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Behind every Fist...

...this guy really takes his theme strong.

Sahori walked across the clay-tiled arena with delicate steps. The other Iwagakure shinobi there were murmuring amongst themselves, having been promised something of a show. All of them had names to make for themselves, all of them proudly wearing their flak jackets that marked them as the workhorse ninja of the village. All of them had been impacted by the riots and the negative view of shinobi in this country. Through that shared experience, they had become blood brothers. To Sahori, they were more family to her than this Sajime corporation, but she owed her dues to her blood just as much as to her ninja village.

Did you hear that?” She shouted, her voice powerful and ringing with a note of authority. These were her men, and she had lead them on countless operations before. “An other Konoha ninja comes to Stone, seeking a sword!

A guffaw of laughter and cheers. “All know the power of Stone steel! Let’s show this boy the Will of Stone!

More cheers. The energy had swelled up from somber to excited as Sahori made her steps across the arena, her men throwing their fists in the air at there jounin’s posturing. Fifty percent of leadership was charisma. The other fifty was long nights, paperwork, interpersonal training, and all the other things that make a military system move. Sahori had mastered it all. She turned on her heel, forming a simple handsign of release, and a poof of smoke as her fine dress, tights, and platform shoes gave way to her shinobi attire. Rust and gold and brown, just like her men – the only thing separating her from the seemingly faceless masses was the addition of her clan’s patch on her arm, but a majority of her men wore their own family symbols as well. Family begat blood begat purpose.

Ken, Ryu. You’re up.

A cry of “yes, ma’am” in near perfect unison as two of the chuunin stepped forward before her, striking their own combat poses. One pulled back into the customary stance of Ekitai-kenfu, the other spun two kunai before adopting a dagger-fighter’s stance. “Get this boy a sword,” She called.

A katana flew through the air, hilt first, towards Sanshiro. It was Stoneworked, alright—even as it flew, thrown backwards, it’s unique balance and beautiful craftsman work was apparent. The girl who through it shouted after the blade, towards Sanshiro. “Fist! Do you remember me?”

Sahori’s glare cut her short, and she shrank back into the crowd. “No, little Sanshiro. I haven’t heard of the Sanada clan. I didn’t know Konoha was hiding any more kekkei genkai from the world.

Ken and Ryu both took a powerful step forward, letting out a battle shout together. “Try not to kill my boys, they’ve got wall duty tonight.

"Yeah, right!" said Ken. "This guy's what, twelve," offered Ryu. "I think we can handle him."

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #17
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Fist caught the katana and then brought a hand to his collar...

Now I'm remembering why I never wear flak jackets...

This shit is uncomfortable.

He looked at the crowd and then at Sahori who transformed to be wearing a generic ass shinobi outfit just like she had given Fist--and she seemed happy about it. He'd have to give his fiance some fashion tips after he finished beating down her disciples--the traditional flak jacket was so last century and he was not saying that because his jacket happened to come from last century.

I look like a damn half-priced Yellow Flash right now...

But that's s'all good.

I'll end this thang in a flash.

But among the cheers of the crowd and staring down both his opponents he felt a familiar shiver go down his spine and ever the showman he flashed the sword to the crowd, raising it above his head, before raising it to guard lazily and halphazardly with one hand while the other had his index and middle finger outstretched in a mocking rendition of the Jyuuken style.

"Two fingers, one for each of y'all," he said with a certain degree of seriousness, "Should be more than enough."

Fist closed his eyes in his lazy and crude sword stance but if you were to look closely you would notice a familiar Gouken defensive posture hidden in the crude mimic of the Hyuuga style with the added addition of a sword. This was all a part of a greater trap and as the two Chuunin paced around Fist they sensed that something was up...

But Fist still didn't move, he just sat there, eyes closed, fingers and sword raised and chakra focused...

I may be lookin' like a half hazard Yodaime right now...

But anyone who knows me...knows I rep the Godaime the hardest.

The two Chuunin lost patience after about two and half minutes of circling Sanshiro--the Fist did not move and it was clear as to why...he was not where he appeared to be...he was two feet backwards. The shinobi sword style, Onigokko Kenjutsu, paired with a master of illusion and genjutsu...

A deadly jutsu, near passive, as long as the focus remained on the sword...

The sword that Fist had made a very big show of obtaining.

In a second the Sanada prodigy was between the two Chuunin, his two index fingers in both his hands pointed upwards, just a brush would be enough--it's what made Seido Kobushi so dangerous. Fist was not as skilled as the Godaime, not yet, but he was more than capable of killing a man with a flick of his wrist.

He would not do so with the Chuunin, but as his fingers connected with both of their chins, an explosion of chakra foretold the outcome...

Both Chuunin collapsed to their knees and then unto their faces, knocked out cold.

"Next!"

OOC: Initiate which has Fist appear 2 feet backwards and then a Stage 4 Explosion, Chuunin knocked out for one postu.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #18
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

The crowd erupted into a chorus of disapproval, aside from the one or two Fistettes cheering behind the din of booing. Sahori took a step forward to peer over the arena at the two knocked out chuunin, and stiffened her own emotions. She waited for a beat or two, hoping that the two would try and get up…but they were out cold. At least they’d be rested for their night duties.

What was that technique? He shifted in an instant, and just touched them...

Maybe it was a mistake to send chuunin in to fight some showboy jounin from Konohagakure, but Sahori herself wasn’t sure she could take Ryu and Ken in a two on one. Probably not, all things considered. She raised her hand, to cut out the booing from the crowd, and took a step forward. Was he using genjutsu? Some secret Konoha technique? It didn’t seem like he had done anything but flick his wrists, but he moved almost instantly...and the explosions from his fingers looked deadly. Jyuuken, maybe? The Hyuuga style – she was familiar with it, having seen it in action once or twice. Allegedly it was only possible with the unique physiology of the Hyuuga clan, but this unknown Sanada clan seemed to have secrets of their own.

They said the Yondaime Hokage was fast, too.” She gazed out over the crowd of chuunin and then back to the Fist. “At least that legacy of strong ninja is still holding strong.

Yondaime was perhaps the only Hokage that had a hushed legacy in Iwagakure, after he helped quell Earth troubles in the past. Sahori wasn’t sure that the Fist was really on par with that hallowed name, but he was definitely strong. Probably too strong to take on herself. It was annoying, considering how young he was...but that seemed to be the benefit of a bloodline. That power that her Grandfather was so keen on.

Get the boys,” She commanded—three ninja on each side of the arena moved quickly to grab their comrades, carrying them to medical care on the sidelines. Sahori looked out over the arena again, catching eyes with a few familiar faces. She couldn’t show weakness, now. Not after this dramatic show.

Don’t hesitate, Sasa, just operate.

I’ll be next, then! Someone fetch my bat.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #19
Bukowski
The People's Champ

He sheathed his sword as they took the bodies of the Chuunin out of the arena...

The crowd was hushed and confused...but Fist? Fist was giddy--the most comfortable he had been in hours and hours and he did little hide or appear humble for the purpose of his wife to be or the crowd. In fact he relished in it, taking a moment to bow in response to the boos and laugh very loudly.

It changed when Sahori stepped into the ring...

In that moment, for the first time in their meeting, he absorbed her in her poise and her physicality. She looked strong and skilled and she had an expression that detailed a desire to prove something to Sanshiro, to the Fist, to her country and kinsmen.

"Heh," he laughed as he slid his arms to his waist and bent his knees, bouncing on the soles and heels of his feet, traditional Gouken, "I knew you wanted to punch me in the mouth as soon as you saw me, there are better ways to call off this betrothal than literal fist to cuffs..."

The shy teenager, unsure and anxious in this whole situation, had disappeared and been replaced with a cocky upstart and this was already a prong of Fist's assault. He talked non-stop, he switched from genjutsu to taijutsu to ninjutsu to swordplay with no hesitation or sign. He was chaos in human form. Fire incarnate. A living weapon. A prodigy. An unstoppable force...

What worth was fire to stone?

We were going to find out.

"Or did you know that I was into that? Quickest way to my heart is through your fists...", he paused, "Well, I ain't really into fists like that, it's like a deeper metaphor about the purity of combat and junk? I dunno, ya gotta ask Hitoko--the point of the matter is--I like that shit! And I'm saying this to make you feel uncomfortable so please feel uncomfortable!"

He grimaced...

He lost a significant amount of momentum there.

"Whatever," he spat, "Loser buys dinner, I hope you beat me, I like ramen and I don't wanna see what foofy stuff y'all try and feed me."

And with that, the betrothal of Sanada Sanshiro and Sajime Sahori, began.

To Be Continued...

Don of the Sanada Family