iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:20 AM   #11
Wess
General Moderator

Rikuto looked on rather fearfully as Kaori decimated his home, destroying furniture and warping wood. He followed the behemoth through his home, letting out a sharp breath as the man flung open his bedroom door while he stared at the floor. He cast his gaze over to his cousin after a few moments, as if expecting him to say something when his teammate found his barely clothed sister laying in the bed. Sudao merely perked a brow, wishing he had some popcorn.

Kaminari sat, staring at her brother in her undergarments, her tone jagged, almost as pointed as the aristocrat’s. Sudao looked at her body, apparently unimpressed, given how he trotted past her and flung open his cousin’s closet, disappearing only to return a few moments later with an oversized shirt. He threw it towards her, hitting her square in the chest.

“Oh, sure. Make yourselves right at home.”

Rikuto’s voice dripped with a quiet, sarcastic rage. Sudao simply folded his arms, canting his body to where it lined up with Kaminari. He stared her down, her tone causing him to shift his head up ever so slightly. He glared down past his nose, his gaze penetrating through her near-naked body and onto the bed she sat on. She was being rude, but she had every right to be: She was a grown woman with what appeared to be an overbearing brother.

She’s still an impudent whelp.

“Your brother just asked for my help since he was worried.” He stared towards the blonde oaf. “She’s safe; you found her. You ready to go?”

Rikuto spoke up.

“Wait a second! What about my home, I’ll sue–”

Sudao silenced him, chucking a wad of cash towards his face.

“You should be quiet before this gets any worse.”

He positioned himself between his cousin and teammate for added measure.

“Does it really matter, Kaori?”

AP / Swaps
Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #12
Mizu
Snow GM

He pointed a loaf-sized fist at the cousin and turned his head, glaring. “You wanna die, buddy? Keep running your mouth.

He listened to Sudao, and part of him, a very small part, wanted to agree with his logic. Constant shouting and a domestic incidents would probably not look good, and Kaori did have to worry about his future now that he was a First Degree and considered an adult. But most of him wanted to scream and put a giant fist straight through the cocky Rikuto’s face and back out clutching the Aoyama’s windpipe. A vast majority wanted that. Kaminari had put on the shirt, rolling her eyes, and already grabbed a belt off the floor. Her shirt was still wrapped across the central banister, and her pants were likewise indisposed. Most likely in the kitchen somewhere, perhaps floating in the pool. She tied the belt around her waist, and tugged the arm sleeves up and over her head.

It actually looked like a dress now. Where Kaori failed miserably in making an effort to look nice, Kaminari rarely looked out of place, and even covered in grime with matted hair, her self-confidence was enough that people were attracted to her. She was alluring, like Kaori, but her pull wasn’t kindness and idiocy. She was just damn confident.

Yeah, Kao, we were and it’s non-ya business, bro,” she said, immediately slapping a hand over her mouth. She needed to watch her mouth or that typical vulgarity of the male Yakshiro side would spill out. Their father was an instructor and a soldier. A lot like Kaori, but older. And smarter. But his speech was so low-class sounding they couldn’t get a loan to buy a house in the beginning, even with a hefty deposit and the title of a shrine. Here, in this moment, she needed to exude class.

I am a woman with my own body and my own choices,” she said with a dignified nod. She made her way past the three men and tried to stealthily pick up her underwear from a corner, where they had been bunched and pushed behind a potted plant. Another quick hand shot up like she were stretching, pulling a bright fuchsia bra from the bottom stair.

It does matter! You just don’t get it!” Kaori said to Sudao, turning away and brusquely pushing past Sudao. And this was strange, because even Kaori didn’t ‘get it.’ He didn’t understand his frustration. He didn’t know why it bothered him more than it was an Aoyama, not that she was having relations. She could do what she wants. She was 19. But this… the rich kids? That was bang out of order. “Out of all the people. Out of everyone, and it has to be here? It has to be them?!

Kaori didn’t realize, but he was speaking to them.

He sat on the front porch and put his hands on his head. He was feeling weird.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Old 04-04-2018, 05:41 AM   #13
Wess
General Moderator

“Sudao!”

Rikuto had a tone that was about half exasperated, half irritated. The aristocrat merely rolled his eyes and turned to look at Kaori after folding his arms.

“As your qualified legal adviser, I implore you, Kaori, to stop making threats in a home that isn’t yours. You’re a jounin.” His tone shifted a little bit, Otohime’s voice nearly overlapping his. “Act like it.”

He turned back to look at Rikuto, gesturing towards Kaori.

“I know it’s your house and all, but, you know how it is when you scream at your brothers for stealing your shampoo or something. Just give them a minute, I’ll make sure that he doesn’t break anything else.” He waved a hand dismissively, and Rikuto opened his mouth in protest before slinking off. He knew better than to put up a protest, especially when it came to his boss. Sudao didn’t take transgressions lightly, especially when it came to his own family.

With Rikuto having gone off somewhere – apparently to shower, given the noise of running water elsewhere in the spacious house – Sudao moved to sit next to Kaminari, at least until his old teammate pushed past him rather angrily. He knew better than to take what the man was saying personally. Testosterone got the better of juiceheads time and time again, but for some reason, the words didn’t sting any less. What exactly did Kaori think of them?

What an annoying little prick. You should have put him in his place.

Oh, shut up. You can nag me about having some semblance of an insecurity later.

Awh, you really do care. Poor baby.

Before he followed Kaori outside, he turned to look toward Kaminari, and eyed her up and down. She, like the bed, was disheveled. After looking at her with a bit of disapproval, he spoke up.

“You’re right, but let’s be real, hon. You can do better. Money isn’t everything, find you someone who isn’t just a hookup. Drunken mistakes are one thing, but Rikuto’s a sleazebag. You won’t find what you’re looking for with him.”

He trailed after Kaori, poking his head out of the door first, then the rest of his body followed.

“Have you tried counting backward from ten?”

AP / Swaps
Old 04-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #14
Mizu
Snow GM

You already know I forget if eight comes before six or seven,” he said, turning his head to look back at Sudao and smiling. Kaori has miscounted on a mission once, forgetting that four came right after three, and it lead to a very spectacular failed ambush. He didn’t know if Sudao was mentioning that here, but Kaori liked to bring it up, to remind everyone that he was human and capable of mistakes.

You’re right, man. I know I’m being way harsh right now. I can’t explain it,” he replied, standing up and hanging his head. As it was, his towering frame still imposed a large shadow. “Kaminari’s not the kind to hunt after money, so she must actually like this guy, or got severe head trauma or some shit.

As always, tactful.

It’s like no matter what I do, the universe wants to twist my family around yours. Obvi, bro, you and I got mad history, and I love it. Bro, I love you but my sister is off limits. What if she gets hurt? Like, I can handle it, but your family, man, they can be... uh, you know, tough.

Kaori couldn’t formulate the words, and he couldn’t expect Sudao to intrinsically understand because Otohime would very likely be twisting every word of it to fit some narrative about the low-class family and their victim mentality.

Should I leave? Should I just sit quietly? Should I... apologize? I know I’m being ridiculous, I can tell cause you’re doing the face and I’m imagining Masami saying something distracting, so I know I’m definitely doing something wrong, but I can’t help it. It’s like... even now, with this, you’re winning?

He sighed. It wasn’t a competition. And yet that was the only way he knew how to phrase it. Part of it could be teammate jealousy, part class envy, part protectiveness of his sister, and a helpful scramble of conflicted, deeply repressed emotional urges. Part of him wanted to hug Sudao for comfort and punch him as Rikuto’s proxy.

And yet once again, Sudao had reminded Kaori of how childish he could be, and instead of acting out like usual, Kaori had accepted the stern scolding as a sign of comraderie. The elite Aoyama wouldn’t bother if he didn’t at least slightly care.

I’m sorry for all of that, and this,” he cooed dumbly.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 04-06-2018, 12:35 AM   #15
Wess
General Moderator

“That’s right, I forgot how difficult numbers are for you.”

He offered Kaori a cuff on the shoulder for good measure. Normally, he’d be loving this. But not this time. He was rather protective over his own siblings; he could only imagine what the blonde was thinking. While Sudao wouldn’t have made such a big deal over things, he would have been pissed being left out of the loop. Despite all of the corporate subterfuge that him and his older siblings did war with, that was business. At the end of the day, they were family, and they would make sure to congregate at their parents’ house once a month, and he’d get to see all his nieces and nephews. The thought made him smile, if only for half a second.

“Well, you don’t have to worry about me going after your sister.” He removed his hand from the behemoth’ shoulder, folding his arms. “As for my family, well, they have their own intentions. Whether you like it or not, your sister’s a grown woman. She can make her own decisions. And as bad as some of them might be, she’s just going to have to learn from them on her own. In fact, that sounds strangely like some person I know.”

Rather than offer a coy smile, Sudao waited, observing Kaori. After a moment, he let out an exasperated sigh.

“You, Kaori, I’m talking about you.”

He traipsed off the porch, down the steps.

“I think that would be best. I mean, you know where she is. You know that she’s safe. What else is there to do?” He paused, listening to the rest of the other jounin’s sentence trickle out of his mouth. Sudao let out an indignant huff. “As much as I like to kick your ass at things, I didn’t have anything to do with this. Our family members have their own intricate lives. Why don’t you try talking to your sister after she gets home? There’s no use in spoiling the rest of her day.”

He took a step forward and then whipped around. The apology had caught him off guard.

“…That’s it. Nope. Suit up. We’re leaving. We’re going to a bar or something so you can deal with this existential crisis or whatever it is that has your panties in a wad.”

AP / Swaps
Old 04-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #16
Mizu
Snow GM

I don’t wear panties, bro. Don’t get me wrong, I’d look good in them, but no way.” He followed Sudao, stepping behind him in suit like a bodyguard. He heard a voice from behind, probably Kaminari, but continued walking. Sudao was right, which would no doubt thrill Otohime. Kaori could talk to his sister tomorrow or some other night. Her actions were not his, and her feelings were not his to protect. She was just as strong as he.

The socialite jounin had an enthralling aura about him, a pure force that commanded attention and respect. Kaori senses it in the watching, envious eyes of the commoners as they passed through the village. Their faces read malice and envy, but at Kaori’s hulking frame, only trepidation and worry. He felt like a member of the criminal underground next to Sudao, his high class seemingly lowering his.

The bar doors opened up and Kaori entered with his teammate. The soldier ducked his head slightly, his hair brushing the top of the door’s frame, and called out to the bartender for two of whatever’s good, a purely Kaori way of ordering. Sudao knew what he liked, Kaori would take what he was given.

The bartender looked at the huge, dumb Jounin. His eyes grew lines at the side as his face stretched in a huge grin, hands tapping the table twice in agreement. The meatshield lived for these interpersonal moments, of recognition and comraderie, of just being a person with people. Within a minute they were at the bar, slight whispers of stale smoke passing overhead, drinks in hand and bodies on stools.

I’m gonna be real for a sec, yeah?” He said, leaving no time for interjection. Oversharing was going to happen. It was already happening. “I think the Kaminari thing kind of effs me up cause she, like, reminds me that I’m an adult, too, and I still don’t have anything like that. Like I got a bunch of friends and I’m a great lay, but it’s like, at the end of the day, I want someone to come home to, not just plow, you feel?

He laughed and turned to Sudao.

Don’t make fun of me.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 04-10-2018, 02:56 AM   #17
Wess
General Moderator

“Otohime is currently trying to bleach that image from my mind.”

She shot Kaori a smirk before continuing towards the bar.

Whatever stares befell him on the journey there, Sudao didn’t seem to notice. Or rather, he ignored them. The massive conglomerate ran by the Aoyama had put him in the spotlight since he was a child: It was a wonder that he hadn’t nearly fell victim to a stunt similar to that of his younger sister. Still, he could tell the gaze of the almighty versus the conscientious looks of the weak: He wasn’t threatened, not in the slightest. The towering form of Kaori behind him did little to make matters worse. In fact, more people turned their heads, fearing some form of repercussion for their gandering.

Sudao was rather specific with his liquor, at least when it came to serious conversations. Dark liquors always brought some sense of clarity to him that its lighter sibling did not. Bourbon, distilled right in Iwagakure, top shelf, double shot, on the rocks. The specific brewery had recently relocated from Daiichi after the events that befell the city. Something about the taste was oddly different from how it was before, but he liked it nonetheless.

“Kaori, I’m going to be completely honest with you.”

He took a sip, letting the liquor burn the back of his throat. His lips almost curled back into a smile as he locked eyes with his teammate.

“No, I don’t feel you. Life is fleeting. Relationships are like clocks that can unwind at any moment. And while they can be screwed, preferably clockwise…” He waved his hand at Kaori and them himself for emphasis. “I don’t see myself getting into one. It’s not the concept of monogamy that I dislike as much as it is having to tolerate someone constantly.”

He took another sip.

“Sure, I enjoy laying up one someone after an… encounter. Hell, I might even let them stay the night. But to do that constantly? I like my space too much.” Sudao figured if he was laying it all out, he might as well be honest. “Plus, I can’t say that I care too much to be in an emotional state. Relationships change people. They make you live for someone else. And to be quite frank, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to do that.”

AP / Swaps
Old 04-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #18
Mizu
Snow GM

Living for someone else? Bro, that’s like what we do as ninja.” he said slowly, cocking his head to the side. He tried to peer into Sudao’s eyes like he could see something deeper, but the moment passed and he forgot why he was thinking about eyes in the first place.

That’s all I do. Like even on our team, I’m just there to soak up punches. If it was just me, I’d for sure die in, like, a second or some shit but ‘cuz you guys are there it’s all cool.” He rammed his palm into the table like he were crunching a bug and chuckled, shaking his shocks of bright yellow hair with each gross guffaw.

A woman off in the corner raised an eyebrow at Kaori. If he could read her mind, she’d no doubt be complaining about his noise pollution.

Kaori settled down and poured the remainder of his drink into his mouth, gulping it like he were at some party. “I don’t know. I mean, I know I get on your nerves, prolly like all the time, but we still get along. You don’t give yourself enough credit, which is hilarious cause it’s the only time that would be true. You could totally end up putting up with someone. And if you find someone...

He paused, unusually lucid.

Maybe you won’t. And that’s fine, too. But I think you could. Hell, in a way, you already have. We all have.

Kaori realized what he was saying wasn’t what he was meaning. He had meant the three of them had gone from battered and broken former teammates to a cohesive unit to actual friends. But what he was saying went deeper. The three of them knew what it was to “tolerate someone constantly.” Kaori tolerated a belligerent teenage thunder god. Masami tolerated an amorphous mass of psychotic energy. And Sudao tolerated a presumptuous and self-righteous Princess of the sea. They all had people that lived for them and who they lived for.

If they got married, we would be brothers. We could move in together, bro. That’d be sick! We’d hang out all the time.” He smiles wide, imagining the shenanigans. Staying up late playing games, always having a best friend around...

Dude, Don’t act like I’m not here. You already got a best friend around!

You’d hate that, Sudao. But it’d be pretty cool for me. I hate living alone. I can’t sleep unless Kazu is talking.” He paused, a thought bubbling to the forefront of his mind. “Do you want kids? I never asked you that.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 05-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #19
Wess
General Moderator

“We’d be cousins.” Sudao was quick to correct his teammate with a grimace etched over his face. He cared for the oaf, if only a little more than average citizen, but the concept of living with either of his teammates wasn’t something that the man had ever considered. It would at least be interesting, if not hell on earth.

“But you’ve got a point, living for someone else. That’s not exactly what I meant though. Sure, if we died, the village would probably run some lame editorial article in a newspaper and call for a military funeral, but would they really care? More than likely not; it’s just a personnel loss, like we retired or quit. You have to think of the larger picture – when it comes to people that actually care about you, it’s different. You don’t want to leave them behind. Why do you think I worked so hard to save my younger sister when she had been kidnapped? I cared about her.”

He listened to Kaori talk a bit more, wincing when it came to the sappy stuff and the dreaded child question. He’d heard enough about it from his parents.

“Yes, I want children. You know as well as I do that I’m not settling down with a woman though.” He let out a loud huff. “It’s a stressful topic, you know? My family’s into dynasty building, not adopting what they call ‘street urchins.’ They insist that if I’m to be an heir, I have to at least have some sort of a biological child, but I digress. I just… Don’t know.”

He threw his hands up into the air and then leaned back, kicking his feet up on the booth the two had sat at. It was close enough to the small bar that it’s tender could overhear their conversation but more importantly, any requests that the two might have.

“What about you?”

AP / Swaps
Old 05-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #20
Mizu
Snow GM

Your sister is lucky. You always get your way, man. If you wanted her found, she’d be found. People say I don’t give up, but I don’t think I ever saw you not get what you want. Probably why you’re so good with the future sight Miko shit.” Kaori laughed, clamping a hand on Sudao’s shoulder. Unexpected physical contact, a sign of intimacy, friendship. Something Sudao might not appreciate, but for Kaori, it was a bonding ritual, a form of externalised feelings. Their relationship was rocky, prone to ebbs and flows of vitriol and ambivalence and care, but they did well together. They excelled when they have each other.

In moments like this, Kaori thought of Masami. Only she could take this good moment and propel it into a freaking sweet-ass time. Hanging with his two besties was the life.

Convince Masami to be your child’s mom. Wait, is that insensitive? Cause like, she gets a say and all that shit, like maybe she wouldn’t want to. I don’t know. If I have a wombat or whatever to carry babies I’d totally get preg for you, bro. You deserve a kid. They’d end up being super popular and swole as hell.

A beat.

I want to be a dad. But with all this international shit, I want to be around for them. So unless I pork a babe and have one on accident, i’ll settle for my dog.

He blushed, fire red spreading across his cheeks, lighting up under his blond hair like a campsite.

And I always thought I’d settle down with a woman, but if being like you means being around your best friend all the time AND getting to bang ‘em, I don’t know, that doesn’t sound so bad. That sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM