iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:10 AM   #21
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo felt the blood drip his blade and he loved the idea of the death of all around him. A Naga at heart always loved his experiments and his blood obsession truly stuck with him not matter the battle. He could tell that his attack against the mercenaries had ruffled some feathers, so much so that they seemed to back off for a moment as they shouted to their invisible friends. You would think that this would be a great plan, back up and create a pincushion out of the Naga, however, the armor of bones donned upon him would not let up. Tightly packed and hard, the arrows bounced off him.

A smile stretched across his face as his hands began to create a flurry of hand signs. The bones on him began to evaporate and disappear; it was a wonder to see as Sengo’s grin grew larger and sharper.

”Ready to see some shit?!” Sengo screamed to get the attention of everyone within the battlefield. He wanted everyone to know how truly powerful he was.

Pointing to the sky a plethora of misshapen bones appeared in a puff of smoke; each one unique in its own right. For a time it was a surreal picture of beauty that would not last. With a swift movement of his index finger Sengo pointed to where he saw the arrows originate. He was planning on leveling the whole section of woods. Not even the trees would be able to withstand this attack.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:51 PM   #22
Bukowski
The People's Champ

As the plethora of bones fell down unto the brush Sanosuke began to regain his senses...

He had only done this in private before and doing it in the midst of battle with adrenaline pumping was an entirely different. The eyes of the Seijuu Prince held a fire that wasn't there previously but his demeanor had also changed. He cracked his neck and stood tall, proud, the grin on his face bordering on cheshire. He reached into his breast pocket with his free hand, his other still on his hilt and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. He lit it up with a single motion and laughed.

"Ha! Ha! This is what they warned me about? This is what they're scared of? Give me a fuckin' break."

The teenager had been warned of the dangers of fully giving in to the full powers of Donshoku and to rely on his new ally as both a servant and a constant test of will imposed upon him by the deity. To be the next Otokage would be a long and perilous journey.

Sanosuke couldn't afford to be scared of playing with fire. A few burns were welcome stakes towards infinite power.

"I fuckin' hate the Naga," he said bitterly to Sobyono in reference to Sengo's display, "We need some of these fools to survive. We need to find out who the hell they're working for. Blood letting and butchery. The legacy of Sound. Simple minded fools with disgusting tools of destruction."

He ashed his cigarette and shook his head before leaping with a shocking and formerly hidden agility and nimbleness. The wound on his leg? It would be dealt with later--for now Sanosuke felt no pain and instead he felt a hyper awareness and confidence that bordered on euphoria. His eyes darted ontop of the wagon...

"Is this what I'm given to defend the reputation of Sound? No matter. I'm done waiting in the sidelines," he looked downwards to his friend, "We haul fucking ass to the brush as soon as this idiots jutsu ends..."

The smile had never left his face and it seemed that a new recklessness had overcome him.

"We move undercover and we move as one Yono," he jumped off the wagon and back down to the samurai handing him the half smoked cigarette, "Ryuusui no ugoki, the flow of the river will take us to the heart of the battle."

And almost as if by divine intervention, as soon as the smoke cleared and the forest seemed to be a bastion of death and the unknown.

"We move--quickly! Cover me if you wanna get fucking paid."

And after that direct order Sanosuke dashed into the wake of Sengo's jutsu. Eager to get to the heart of his assailants. Eager to get to the heart of their recent attacks on his populace.

This was his country.

Everything would go through him.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Last edited by merdle; 03-06-2018 at 03:34 AM..
Old 03-06-2018, 04:22 AM   #23
merdle
Robot Admin

The kid wasn't normal, but then again no shinobi was. Sobyono was starting to get a little concerned about the future of his relationship with the kid. Then he took a long drag of a cigarette and seemed to suddenly grow a pair.

Sobyono took the cigarette from Sanosuke, tossed it over his shoulder, then shrugged. This whole thing was as crazy as trying to sharpen a blade with your eyeball, but he was willing to see exactly where it all lead.

Besides, the crazy one was busy ripping the tree-line to shreds with... bones? rocks? Something. The day was going to get stranger before it calmed down. Sanosuke gave the signal to charge, and Sobyono put his sword over his shoulder and followed, charging into the second wave of Sengo's bone shards making a paper-mill out of the trees.

--

There were screams coming from the forest, the sound of mercenaries toppling to the ground, or being impaled by flying bones. But the man at the camp seemed more annoyed at the sound than disturbed by the reality of the situation.

"Fine, maybe they'll need our help after all." He said.

There was a low groan. Another man stood up, taking his first step toward the battle.

"Be careful," The man at the fire said, "I know you, you'll kill the little soundlings if I don't say something. I have experiments to run, Echo."

The only response was a chuckle. Then the man started a mad dash into the forest.

--

Staying out of the way of the bone rain, Sobyono charged toward the forest. The mercenaries were so distracted by the freak in his museum display armor suit Sobyono was able to slice one up without much more than a gurgle of pain. The man fell to the ground, and Sobyono shifted his stance to make sure the kid was okay.

He seemed to be ignoring that dart in his leg. Whatever hit him, whatever took hold, he was surviving. That was good.

Then Sobyono felt it. Murderous intent, not the same as before. It was close, just suddenly there, and overwhelming. He turned back toward the forest and tried to ready his blade.

A palm was already deep in his chest, the force of the strike throwing him off his feet and back out of the forest, where he skidded along the ground. His katana went flying, scattering several times before Sobyono came to a stop and took in a heavy gasp for air.

In the smoke cloud where Sobyono once stood, there was now a massive muscular man. His chest exposed, but toned to the point of looking like hard leather. His face was completely covered by a black mask, the texture like feathers. His mouth had a beak-like structure over it, but his crooked teeth were visible past the beak, and he was smiling.

"Welcome, Oto-nin!" The man yelled, "To your own death!"

The man, the Echo, one of the Five Claws. He took a fighting stance, his fingers curved like claws and his hands out and ready to catch anything that came within his range.

Last edited by merdle; 03-06-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Old 03-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #24
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The bones destroyed all parts of the woods and it was quite a sight to behold for Sengo, he loved the sound of death and the screams of pain and agony filled him with euphoria. He smiled as he watched the dog samurai rush into the forest. Sengo almost wanted to move his jutsu to kill and impale the swordsman and call it a mistake. However, with the young oto-nin with them, it would not bode well for him and his later experiments. He still had a Nasou to dissect.

The thoughts were rushing through his mind and it was within a moment they all came crashing back to reality. The swordsmen seemed to fly out of the woods as his sword bounced away from him. The smile Sengo once had was gone and it was replaced by one more appropriate of a curious lion waiting to pounce on his prey.

From the woods came a man, dressed just as uniquely as Sengo. If there were not dead bodies around, one would wonder what they really stumbled upon. Sengo didn’t really recognize the man, but he looked strong and important. To test such a hypothesis Sengo sent out a little bit of a present to the man.

Quick hand signs were rippled through the hands of Sengo and at first nothing happened, but it wasn’t from Sengo his attack would happen. From the wreckage of his previous attack, three long spears of bone propelled themselves toward the mysterious man.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #25
Bukowski
The People's Champ

For a moment Sobyono was there...

And then he was gone.

A cloud of smoke and his samurai servant was sent outward with a gigantic blow. Of course Sanosuke felt the presence of the Bear Claw, his training in the Chigatana no Kenbu honed to the point where sensing killer intent was like smelling someone passing gas. Their opponent was a proper fiend, bulging with muscle and power...

If Sanosuke was younger and more naive, less entranced by the power of Bakuto and Donshoku, he may have recognized that he was face to face with an urban legend. Instead high on the gambler spirit's chakra Sanosuke stared down his opponent with a certain level of disdain.

And what's the motto kid? When we place a bet we do what?

We bet it fuckin' all.

We'll make a Kage outta you yet.

He stared at the shinobi who had just sent his samurai servant flying with a certain degree of disdain.

"My name is Seijuu Sanosuke," he said with a degree of bitterness and with the wake of the demonic chakra still on his breath, "And I have seen my destiny. I have shook hands with the devil. Today ain't the day that I die."

He sensed Sengo, the freakish Naga with much more skill than sense, but then again battles weren't always won with sense, were they? The tactical Seijuu Prince smiled...

Sometimes, sometimes it was really an issue of firepower.

"The only one dying here is you and your ilk."

As Sengo's spears came towards the shinobi so did Sanosuke, utilizing the quick footwork of Chigatana no Kenbu to provide illusionary speed. He felt Bakuto's chakra through his legs, he felt super powerful...

He didn't even think that soon that power would be over.

All he focused on was stabbing this man at the same time as the spears.

All he focused on was the gamble.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 03-13-2018, 12:16 AM   #26
merdle
Robot Admin

Sobyono coughed violently as he tried to pick himself up, then collapsed back into the dirt. When he looked up, he could see the man who had attempted to cave in his chest. A bird mask, the bulging body. He didn't want to even think of what was about to happen here. He knew the rumors, and he knew some of the truth behind them. After all, he had worked for the Claws for a bit.

It was the right hand of the right hand. It was the inseparable lackey of the nameless Claw. It was Echo.

Sobyono tried to shout some advice, but all that came out was a gasp. A shadow went across the battlefield, and then another. Sobyono followed it, and didn't quite know what to think until he saw what was going on. Birds, vultures, likely attracted to the fresh kills from Sengo. They were circling up above, gathering for the feast. Some were landing in the distance, others at the top of the trees.

Sobyono had a bad feeling about all of this. Hopefully they could finish the fight fast.

He picked himself up to his knees, wiped away the blood pooling at his lip, and then forced himself to stand.

"Hell, that smarts."
---

As Sanosuke laid down his boast, the bird-headed man didn't even look in his direction. In fact, his stance was strange, his head almost seemed to tilt and bob, but it was never paying attention to either of the remaining threats.

The spears were launched, and Sanosuke launched his attack as well.

The man almost waited until the last moment, the two attacks almost clashing on him. Then he swept down low, his leg extending out and his body swooping low as his hands came down to strike like claws at Sanosuke's shin, attempting to trip the boy up, if not cripple his ability to run.

The form was impressive. His body moving to the perfect position as if he could see all of the spears, despite never looking back at them. A small red line formed on his shoulder where a spear came past him, but he managed to duck under and around the rest, and Sanosuke's sword. The rhythmic clicking could be heard by Sanosuke as he got close enough for Echo's counter-attack.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #27
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo was intrigued by the whole situation, however, he was not amused with the fact that his bone spears had missed. Then the clicking, Sengo knew now how the man was able to dodge the bones, even with the masquerade that he called his attire. Sengo also knew that individuals that relied on the Hymms, couldn’t see smoke. It was perfect for Sengo.

Suddenly a rush of chakra flooded his blood and he turned a tint of black, his veins midnight black. Rushing towards the man a whisp of smoke came from his appendages. If any part of the smoke touched that man he would be in some fun.

Sengo also seemed intrigued at the young boy so willing to face the masked man, as if he had his own death wish. Looking back towards the wagon he could see the one handed man, however, he didn’t observe long enough to see if he would join in. Hopefully, there would not be three dead sound shinobi, and only one.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #28
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Echoes of Silence...

The Midnight Hymn!

To face this technique--I need more Bakuto! More now!

Of course you do kid...

And you'll help?

Oh, I'll help you...with council, you should run away. This man will kill you.

What? No I need chakra! Donshoku's chakra! I am his chosen! The Prince of Sound!

Oh, you may be all those things--but I plan on eating for a few decades, me devouring you now? That will not do at all.

What the hell Bakuto! Without your chakra I will die! I can barely keep up with him with it!

Not much of a Prince are you?

Bakuto! I command y-!

And that's where you got this relationship messed up kid. I don't serve you, I serve something much bigger. Good luck. You'll need it.

Bakuto!

And Sanosuke felt the color drain from his face as soon as Echo's blow came in contact with his shin, sending the Hiyoutori to the ground, only stopping himself from skidding by planting his blade firmly in the ground. The shin struck was the same blow that he had taken the bolt too and it rang with pain and momentarily stunned the boy.

"Damn it! You dirty demon!"

He cussed out loud and glared at the opponent the infernal clicking still apparent in the air. Sanosuke had never personally interacted or fought an Echo user but he knew enough as a Mission Coordinator, someone who organized and planned conquests for Sound, that they were blind masters of combat. They relied on the same techniques bats used to see at night, an echonolocation he thought the term was.

Then I'll go for the ears!

He wanted to summersault away and send out explosive pouches simultaneously but he knew it as soon as he tried that his moves were both sluggish and obvious. Still, he tried and he was not backing down, even as he felt weakned and disheartened by Bakuto's exit.

He threw six explosive pouches, hidden on his belt buckle and placed between his fingers, he sent out the fire crackers for two reasons--to distract and cause subterfuge with his deception and items.

His body had failed him but his mind and his training would prevail.

Donshoku and his servants be damned!

OOC: -1 Speed for the rest of the thread! Damn demon withdrawal!

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 03-17-2018, 12:37 AM   #29
merdle
Robot Admin

Sobyono got back to his feet and ran to his sword. By the time he recovered it and turned back to the fight that was happening, he could see that tunnel vision was getting the best of him. The birds that were circling the fight, some of them were landing, creating a wide circle in the area. At first that seemed normal, until he rushed back toward the fight, and a fat vulture plopped down on the ground right in front of him.

It was eating a chicken leg that it seemed to have brought with it to the battlefield.

"You don't want to do that..." the vulture said, eyeing him.

Mind you, a talking vulture already had him questioning exactly how hard he got hit. But the vulture was also wearing a little vest, and a tiny hat. So Sobyono did the only reasonable thing, and got into a battle ready stance.

"Get out of my way bird, or you won't be the only one eating chicken tonight."

The vulture wiped his beak, and gave a gross cackle that let off a few bits of meat.

"You should be smarter than this, ain't you a ronin?"

Sobyono looked up to see the state of Sanosuke's fight.

Echo went back to a neutral stance as Sanosuke leaped out of the fight. It was clear he could see Sengo coming, but with multiple opponents he took his time, waited for the action to come to him.

The explosives pouches flew out, and Echo flashed through a few seals. A wave of thick smoke flew away from him. The pouches and Sengo could move through, but it was thick and slowed their movement like moving through water.

Echo took a step back to avoid the explosions, and then it looked like he was going to counter-attack Sengo's attack. But at the last moment, Echo's head cocked to the side, and instead he evaporated in a forceful explosion of smoke.

A voice called out over the battlefield. It wasn't Echo's, it was shrill, official. It was coming from the trees, where a too-large vulture was sitting there. It had a book in one wing, and looked like a bookkeeper.

"You two should stop wasting time. I don't recommend underestimating a madman. You wouldn't want to see who comes to his aid."

Echo was at the base of the trees. There were vultures everywhere, watching the fight, surrounding them.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #30
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The sheer amazement that the Bear Claw displayed turned Sengo on. He had no idea there were people this strong hidden from him for so long. Also the simple fact that he seemed to be blind confused him for only a moment until he remembered about the Midnight Hymms, an impressive taijutsu founded in the dark and honed by the blind. It all made sense for the Honegaiki Naga and it was with a plan in mind that Sengo readied himself again.

There were a lot of things that Sengo didn’t know in this world and he was willing to learn, dissect, and experiment with everything he could get his hands on. The amazing sight of the mans movements had distracted Sengo from the talking avian until it was too late for him to be shocked with what would come next.

Clearing out of the smoke bomb esque jutsu Sengo fashioned a curling smile across his face. It seemed the large man had no words to speak but the birds said more then enough for the Naga.

”How fascinating, an echo user with birds. Don’t birds eat bats? I assume you to be a dangerous man, a man that seems to have mastered something I have yet to experiment on. How about you and I fight for the right of dissection? See I wont even use my blade.”Sengo stated as he unsheathed his sword and clumsily cut his hand. Blood dripped from his wounded appendage and Sengo winced for only a moment.

The blade now laying on the ground Sengo waited for the attack.

”What do you say birds? Can your pet play?”