iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #11
merdle
Robot Admin

Sobyono didn't like either plan. But then again, making a plan of attack wasn't what he was there for. He would leave that to the kid and his spooky friend, up until the point that it risked getting him killed.

Well, the plan did risk getting him killed, but not without giving him a good chance to fight back. Which was important. If he was going to die, it didn't matter if the boys over in Iron thought he wasn't worth it, he was going to die right. Hopefully full of alcohol, with his face recently having vacated some woman's chest. The rest was poetry, no matter the details.

But in the meantime, they had to dress up. The merchant clothing was actually a little better than his usual. Less cuts in the cloth at least. They weren't meant to be fancy, but it was nice to have new threads.

"I'm keeping these after," Sobyono said as he came back out to the wagon. He tossed his blade inside, and climbed inside, "I've got the rear, yeah? Mr. Blind date can keep watch of a perimeter with thos clone things of his, if he thinks he can do that without actually alerting anyone."

He didn't like clones. They were hard to pick out of a crowd, and sometimes they hurt and sometimes they didn't. He knew good and well that sometimes they were illusions, but that detail didn't make them any easier to fight. But since so many ninja knew how to make them, it just lead to them having fake brawls. It was idiotic to watch, and frustrating on top of that. But he had to admit, it did make sure less of them got hurt.

"When this starts going south, I'm sticking close to you kid. No offense, but if I'm going to keep you alive, I can't go running off into the forest to find the enemy. Plus I'm sure the animated skin and bones party will love to do so without us."

He ducked his head inside the wagon. There was some fake goods, but mostly the crates were empty. If the enemy was coming that close, they were already fighting. It would also mean they could get away fast if they needed to. At least that part of the plan wasn't stupid.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #12
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo’s idea was met with some hostility as the three of them arrived to their destination. Not wanting to press the idea, Sengo agreed with the young Sejuii. In his mind, it didn’t matter if the boy succeeded or not, or if the samurai puppy following him would get out alive either. The idea that these mercenaries could do things so easily and make a fool of Sengo lit a fire inside him that he wanted to be able to set free and unleash on them.

”These colors look ridiculous on me. I mean seriously? Blue and white? I may not be the most fashion savvy but I know this just does not work for me.” Sengo stated as he walked out from his changing place.

The clothes were also too short for Sengo’s liking and all his scars on his forearms were visible for everyone to see. They were not scars of loathing or hate but of love, love for a woman he had once loved.

”Well, I mean, I say I take the back then, I think samurai man would be best for the ambush from within the wagon and I can give support with some good long range ninjutsu.” Sengo stated as he made his final preparations. He felt like his partners didn’t really understand the strength of Sengo and to do such he wanted to leave a lasting impression that would force them to think twice.

Samurai, here, cut me. I want to lace your weapon with my blood.” Sengo stated as he stated to walk towards the rear of the wagon.

As he walked his body became paler and his veins were turning pitch black. A sense of nausea and weakness rushed all throughout his body as he offered the samurai his forearm.

”Don’t cut too deep, you might want to have me around a little longer. Also, if you have a blade young boy, I suggest you do the same while the picking is good. I cant say how I learned this but my blood is poisonous. One drop of my blood into another person will make them wish they never met me. However, be careful, it doesn’t discriminate friend from foe. ” Sengo stated as he took out his own blade.

Creating a small incision on his forearm, charcoal black blood oozed out. Washing it over his blade, he knew that his blood would be important.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #13
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Likewise Sobyono, likewise."

In a few words Sobyono had calmed Sanosuke down and allowed himself to feel confident again. The samurai was his man, his first and that made him special and valued. He was not loyal to anything but Sanosuke's money--not to Sound, not to his uncle, not to the Naga...no one but the young Seijuu prince. It was tough to find loyalty and it was great when it cost something as easy to acquire as money. Sanosuke had learned the true cost of requiring help.

And it was something he was definitely willing to pay. At least when it came to the samurai.

Sengo began speaking and it was obvious that the Naga was intent on continuing his re-evaluation of the plan. Sanosuke didn’t enjoy that and he felt it cast some doubt on his own skill--it made him less receptive to change and suggestion. Even if the Hiyoutori felt his plan had some holes, it was too late to change or question it and there was a reason Mission Coordinators existed in the first place! He was the tactician, he was the organizer and he wouldn’t let his plan be marginalized.

”A little too late to be adjusting things now Sengo-san,” Sanosuke said curtly from the driver’s position of the carriage, ”I trust Sobyono to carry the rear and I would rather have your skill in the heart of the ambush. To keep me safe, call it selfishness on my part. I see value in having a senshi on my side.”

He smiled--that would placate the Bloody Bone’s ego no doubt. And like every good move it was good because it spoke the truth--Sanosuke would be safer and have more of an ability to let loose by being close to the Ninjutsu spitter Sengo. Distraction, deception, subterfuge and quickness of the mind. He would succeed by strength of will and power of blood. The deck was stacked and he had done the best he could to alter it in his favor.

”I will keep my blade clean, I want you fresh and I respect the power of your blood too much--wouldn’t want to accidentally cut myself and ruin my week.”

He looked at his compatriots and smiled.

”Let’s go.”

He whipped the horses into motion and headed back down the path towards Sound…

The ambush was a door, a blockade keeping them from getting home…

The Prince of Sound intended to knock loudly and with certainty.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 06-28-2017, 02:16 AM   #14
merdle
Robot Admin

Sobyono gave a toothy smile at the offer of Sengo's arm, and pulled his own sword.

"This'll be interesting, hold tight, pincushion," He made a shallow cut as Sanosuke prepared to leave, just enough to soak his blade. The blood was black, and thick. It was gross, but just the sort of strange stuff he expected from dealing with shinobi. Any insane trick for a leg up. Worst case scenario, the blood did nothing but leave a nasty rash on anyone who managed to get away from his blade.

Sobyono got in, and kept up his smile as Sanosuke told the stronger ninja to stop adjusting things. He gave a pat on the floor in the middle of the cart, "Come on, I'll keep a good eye out, don't worry."

Then they were off. Which really meant a journey, and Sobyono was no good on long trips. He got bored easily. At least in this case he was supposed to be looking for an ambush, but they had to make most of the trip back to that hidden village first, then something was supposed to happen.

Then, what if it didn't?

Well, there was the possibility they were just going to waste most of a day laying around. Not the worst way to earn a day's pay, in his mind. Since he wasn't on their village payroll, he was going to get paid as long as the kid didn't die. It was in his best interest for nothing to happen.

For a moment he thought about how much Kumanoi might pay to know where the little sound prince was. But, then again, if he wanted to blackmail anyone he might have learned about Sanosuke the first time he had him in a prison. Did they ever know what they had?

Sobyono shrugged. If he was honest, this was more fun. Guard duty was shit, and the claws never respected what he was capable of. On this side, he could show them all, by ripping the respect out of their throats with his weirdo-blood soaked blade.

"How about a travel song you two? You guys know the one about the jilted man of the North?"

He started up a hum, and then started singing in a shrill voice from the back of the wagon, "To saaay that we're in looove is dangerous, but girl I'm so glaaaad we're acquainteeeeed!"

This went on for some time.

Some ways down the road, they reached their first signs of the 'ambushes'. Bodies on the side of the road, hung up on large poles. He stopped his song long enough to look as they passed by.

The people, men, women, more, their eyes were torn out and they had musical notes etched in the flesh of their foreheads. No wonder everyone thought sound ninja were involved. He would guess the same if he saw this mess.

He didn't need to say a word to the others in the wagon. But the path they were on, with thick woods along the side of the road, were now suspect. They passed another wagon, a burned out husk. From the looks of it, everything was left inside, there was no attempt to even rob the dead. Ninjas were as wasteful as they were crazy.

---

Deeper in the forest, a man in all green came running up to a small camp site. He brought forward a small picture to a man dressed out of place in a button-up shirt and loosened tie. The man looked at the picture, of a wagon travelling the road.

There was a moment of thought, the man mulling over the picture. A smile spread across his face.

"Execute."

The man in green camouflage ran away from the tent and let out a sharp whistle signal. There was a rush of movement in the woods.

The man in the tent picked at a smoldering fire, "Easy pickings. I doubt we'll even need to help."

---

Back at the road, there was a glint in the forest. Sobyono was no master of war, but he had seen enough fights to spot hidden bowmen.

"Brace yourselves!"

He tucked himself inside, and pulled up behind a crate they had on board. A rain of crossbow bolts spilled out from the forest, all at once. More than a dozen shooters on on their right side, firing out bolt after bolt from repeating crossbows.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #15
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The pain felt good for Sengo, he was so used to it. The way the cold steel filled his veins, the way he felt his skin rip at the seams. He was a masochist and only for a time would he be remembered of his dearly beloved. Of the woman that had taught him the poison in his veins and of the only love he had ever known other then to his research. Sengo was a mysterious man at best and no one alive knew of his past. He was a Naga and because of that he was egnimatic by nature. However, killing of the Bear Claw had thrust him into the limelight and once more partnering with a Sejuii would not make him so easy to pass over.

”So, we are ready then?” Sengo stated to himself as he boarded the truck. He had decided that it would be best to be next to his Sound partner also to make sure nothing bad happened while they were on the road.

The road was bumpy to say the least and the trip was even less unbearable as the singing of the samurai echoed throughout the forest. If the bandits didn’t know they were there, they knew now from the horrible singing.

”Hey, stop that singing, people will think someone is dying….” Sengo stated right when they came up on bodies strewn across the tree line. Each one had an indication that Sound Shinobi was to blame.

Then without much notice something attacked from the woods. The arrows were fast and hard and they would have made the whole area a pincushion, including the three of them. However, Sengo was ready and all the sudden bones erupted from the ground and latched on to Sengo.

Donning armor of bones Sengo was now ready for a fight.

[color=red]”They messed up now, Sengo stated as he rushed towards the origin of the attack; each arrow bouncing off his bone armor like a steel wall.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #16
Bukowski
The People's Champ

I did not know Sobyono was a singer...

Music. How...

Nostalgic.

Growing up a nomad was not an easy life but Sanosuke had lived easier than most within the plush tents of the Seijuu. He recalled plenty well meaning Hiyoutori singing him songs as they traveled from town to town. Some of them were even rather good. Sobyono was not a good singer but one rarely had to be skilled in the musical arts to be entertaining. There was value in sentiment and it was the shrill but well intended voice of the samurai that gave Sanosuke comfort.

Remember what your father told you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijuu Kaigen
"The fate of Sound will move with you Sanosuke. Go swiftly, go safely, be my eyes and ears and voice… but most of all, take care."
Sanosuke was pulled from his trance by a frightening and familiar sound. He had first heard it as a Kitareu, traveling with his Sounou sensei throughout Rice in disguise. When he had heard it then it was from Hiruma-sensei utilizing his bow and arrow to hunt deer in the country side. The deer, so large and majestic taken down in a single swoop with a single sound.

Whoosh!

The glint of steel and the sound of rushing wind was a chorus upon Sanosuke who sat seemingly unawares in the drivers side. Within an instant the Prince of Sound was moving behind the carriage with his sword in hand and his mind running a mile a minute. They were caught in the ambush, correct? But such had been Sanosuke's plan from the beginning and the one time heir to Sound moved in such a fashion that suggested pure premeditation.

The one second warning from Sobyono, the familiar sound of the arrow, those had been all the signs Sanosuke had needed to discern the direction of the incoming attack. Diving to the left, off and behind the carriage provided the carriage as a rough but effective cover. The next step would be both to attempt to change the terms of the battle and discern the power of the enemy.

If we are fighting a shinobi force...

A shinobi's weapons will be less effective.

However the mercenary army does have a weakness when face to face with the shinobi one...

A weakness of the mind.

Sanosuke, squatted behind the carriage placed his hands to his mouth creating a hand-made megaphone and crudely amplifying his voice. He focused his mind and his chakra...

It won't take much...

Just need a few of them to hear me...

Just need a few of them to feel my voice.

He screamed at the top of his lungs and from his belly, loudly until he became hoarse...

"Fight us like men! Reveal yourselves cowards! If you plan on killing us--do it face to face! STEP OUT THE SHADOWS AND FIGHT!"

OOC: Tactician Archetype special used to avoid arrows and then I'm attempting to get the ambush squad ensnared in a genjootsu...

Tokitsukeru no Koe (Voice of Persuasion)
Trigger: The target must hear the user’s voice.
Tokitsukeru no Koe applies all the effects of Jouho no Koe at a heightened level. In addition, the user can now make requests to his listeners and, assuming they are not too unreasonable, they will be favourably considered. However, this technique is still limited in its level of influence; for example, someone using this technique may be able to convince an enemy to retreat, but probably not to surrender. Also, the technique remains much less effective against impassioned people, especially if the anger is directed at the user.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 03-01-2018, 03:29 AM   #17
merdle
Robot Admin

As the bolts hit the wagon, Sobyono let out a flurry of curses. Any he could think of, as loudly as he could shout them, until the sound finally started to die down. Not many bolts had come through the top of the wagon, which just meant they had prepared properly.

When the first volley slowed, he poked his head out, and saw Sengo running off toward the forest.

"Okay, the maniac is loose. Everything's as planned so far."

The shots slowed, but there was a rush of men coming out of the trees, swords or daggers drawn, rushing toward the wagon. Multiple stopped to rush toward Sengo, their weapons coming down toward him. All of this while a stern voice from the forest shouted at them to, "Keep firing you idiots!"

Others didn't rush Sengo, but instead headed toward the wagon. Sobyono couldn't help but smile, drawing his sword and waiting.

"Sounds like they heard you kid, incoming." He said as he stepped out and waited.

These were mercenaries, sure, but they weren't elite. They were riffraff, cutthroats, non-shinobi or dropouts. They were rushing in, shouting like men heading to war, faces red, weapons above their heads.

Sobyono ducked the first swing of a sword, rose up toward a second man and sliced into his stomach. No need for poison with that one. Sobyono flicked the blood off the blade as best he could. The next few guys stopped short of coming into melee, and Sobyono saw why.

Another volley of bolts were coming in. He rushed behind the wagon.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #18
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Before Sengo could think he had already accessed his sword and was ready to kill any man or woman that came from the trees. He did not want to mess around and it was obvious from his first attack that he would have an easy time with the mercenaries. Sengo easily dodged a swing from one of the attacking men and he didn’t even seem to notice that he was being surrounded. Maybe it was the fact that they all lacked the bloodthirsty demeanor of Sengo, however, he was also no fool and wanted to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid.

From behind him he heard his companion scream an order, it was common of a boy to hide and demand the enemies appearance. However, Sengo knew that there was something else to this demand. Sengo knew that the weaker among the bandits and riff raff would be compelled to show them selves.

As Sengo swung his own attack he could feel his armor of bone serve its purpose. Blades and arrows bounced off Sengo as he looked for his first kill.

The target was the one that just had recently swung at him, a young man, tall, not too muscular, and a little bit of fear in his face. It was too bad, Sengo was hoping for a Bear and not his cubs.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #19
Bukowski
The People's Champ

It's working!

My plan is working!

The chaos of battle combined with the intoxicating happiness that came when bait was taken caused Sanosuke to breathe and lower his shoulder for a brief moment. A mercenary came to him and blade met blade--the Prince of Sound overpowered the cutthroat with a flourish and then a horizontal cut to the knees, quickly he spun and met another fiends blade. A clang and a slash followed by another spin causing his sword to meet the formerly fallen foes blade. The two mercenaries attacked Sanosuke with a degree of fury but were quickly taken out by arrow fire...

Sanosuke wished that he could say he was immune to such.

In the corner of his eye and in the heat of Chigatana no Kenbu's blood lust Sanosuke had noticed Sobyono take cover and then his own opponents fall to friendly fire. Too slow to get to the wagon though Sanosuke felt a stinging pain in the fleshy part of his calf as he stumbled to his samurai companion...

"Damn it!"

The wounded prince gasped as he gazed at his bleeding leg, snapping the bolt and pulling it out before hissing like a viper in pain. This was bad. The fight would get crazier from here and speed would be pivotal in his survival. It was what would allow him to both deal death and go to safety...

I'm wounded...

Too slow...

A liability.

Damn it.

So soon we forget, eh Princeling?

You...!

Bakuto, the demonic and spectral servant of Sanosuke's family's chosen God of both worship and tribute. Donshoku had granted the Seijuu unparalleled political and spiritual power in Sound, all through the shadows and unbeknownst to it's populace--all upon the spectral and dark fingers of Donshoku himself. The partnership between Bakuto and Sanosuke was new but their bond was pure and to the very soul.

They greeted each other like this was the first time speaking--but that wasn't true, was it? Bakuto was always there and always watching, lying and wait and ready to offer his power. It was a trait that Sanosuke had noticed in his time with the spirit. Somedays he would speak to Sanosuke twenty times a day and sometimes he wouldn't speak to him at all. The goal was always the same...

Do you need help...? Just say the word kid and I can bail you out of this situation or don't and I will simply feed on you when you're dead. Your soul is forfeit anyway boy--but there's no reason to waste it.

What do you want to do...?

Why do you ask questions you already know the answers too Seijuu?

A piece of his soul. The price was always the same though the mileage often varied. Bakuto was always quick with the offer when he intended to make it--the trick, the real trick was when the offers came...

When Sanosuke really needed them...

And when he was guaranteed to accept them.

I knew this would be a beautiful friendship Princeling, now close your eyes, free your mind and feel the cold and unyielding embrace of your fate!

And Sanosuke behind the wagon with the mercenary group raining bolts upon him and Sobyono let go and opened his eyes with a start--his demeanor changed and a fire with his iris could be seen in the sky when doubt was there before.

An intense pain overwhelmed him and he fell the ground still next to the wagon next to his limb-lacking lackey.

The sound of the bolts crashing into the wagon stopped...

And a blood curling screaming filled the area.

OOC: Full Pact Activation, gonna have +1 Speed for 2 posts.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 03-05-2018, 03:46 AM   #20
merdle
Robot Admin

Sengo's attack cut the young man down, and the others surrounding him seemed reluctant to join in. It was clear he was faster that the mercenaries, and they didn't want to jump in and get destroyed.

One of the mercenaries backed up and raised his hand, shouting to the wind, "FOCUS HIM!"

The crossbows in the trees all let out another volley, all flying down toward Sengo. The mercenaries still around him kept their weapons at the ready, keeping enough distance to not be hit, but hoping to keep him in place to be hit by their allies.

Sobyono kicked another mercenary in the chest before his blade deflected the weapon of another. They kept coming, even if the attack was proving fruitless. They hadn't even scratched their little party yet. Sobyono had definitely chosen the right side in the fight.

The mercenary in front of him recovered his balance, and Sobyono brought his katana back up and slashed the opposite direction, a spurt of blood rising from the mercenary's fingers before his weapon fell useless to the ground.

"Ooh, that shits gonna sting," Sobyono said as he brought a rising kick to knock the screaming man out.

He smiled and turned to the approaching Sanosuke, then frowned at the bleeding crossbow wound. The kid seemed hysterical, his eyes like sake dishes. Sobyono stepped up to tell him to snap out of it, when the kid suddenly jolted as something seemed to take hold of him.

"Little hole ain't that f-" Sobyono started to say before the kid let out a scream that made Sobyono try to cover his ears, then remember that he was only going to get that 50% done.

Then he sensed something, it was brief, but he definitely felt a flair of bloodlust. What was happening? Something was wrong with the kid.