iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:15 AM   #11
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

And Yamakawa?” “He’s fine. Just a little shook up.” “Good. Get the teams back together and let’s get back to work, the show’s over.” “Yes, ma’am!”

As the ninja she was talking to disappeared in a flash of speed, Sahori turned on her heel to listen to the Fist play at apologies. It became more and more apparent as he fussed over his words that this whole thing was just a game to him. Presumably, with that body of his, he didn’t understand the fragility of human life, didn’t respect the power of ninjutsu. In other words, someone like him should never have been promoted to the lofty rank of jounin. He was just a boy, unwilling and unable to hold the burden of responsibility.

Parts of her clay tiled arena were still smoldering. The audience, entirely made up of of Iwagakure chuunin, had mostly dispersed. Some lingered to watch the fallout between Sahori and Fist, others were caught in small pockets of conversation. Interest in the fight had very quickly been diminished. “Seido Kobushi, Gouken, jounin-level Katon, your Celestial Body, and some sort of genjutsu.

She rubbed the bottom of her chin as she considered, “Some sort of body displacement, maybe. Bunshin and camouflage.

This child wore his entire life on his sleeve. “The point of a duel is to understand your opponent. To breed rivalry and friendship in members of a unit. To generate respect. When my ninja fight each other here, in this arena, it’s a chance to show off your training and to get to know your team in a more intimate way...through their nindo.

Sahori started to walk away from him, each one of her footsteps uneasy on the broken tiles. Generating all those shadow clones, tanking all that fire – it was more exhausting than she was letting on. “Someone who only sees life in terms of winning and losing, someone who uses a village destruction technique in an attempt to win kumite...

Byakko returned, leaping from the roof to the open air arena in her large, tiger body. Sahori leaned into her, using the tiger as support. “”Might makes right,” maybe? “Violence for violence’s sake”? You don’t take the future of your desperate, tiny, failing clan seriously, but you try to murder your opponent in kumite when you’re cornered. Selfish is the best word to use.

I won’t make the mistake to think of you as an equal again. The rank of Jounin in Konohagakure must mean something different." She looked over at Fist, alongside Byakko’s eerie otherwordly gaze. "You're a powerful weapon, you can count this as a win for the Fist. If I hadn't had called the fight there, I didn't have any options against a person willing to kill everyone to win a one-on-one. I've fought nuke-nin less desperate for victory.

She pressed away from the tiger, taking a deep breath and recovering some of her stance. "Is everyone in your family this powerful, or is it just you? That precision with the cinder...to hit small moving targets with such small explosions..."

Sasa's pride was hurt, too. "That was a fluke right? You were going to use the cinder to disguise your movement, and you got lucky? I've been throwing kunai since I was eight."

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #12
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"I wasn't trying to murder you!"

Fist snapped but perhaps he was getting defensive and with good reason--Sahori had nailed the knock against him that followed him his entire career. He was reckless, compulsive and spontaneous. A human labrador who had only gotten incrimently better at blowing shit up as he got older. When they promoted Hyuuga Kiyoko instead of himself, it was because Fist was deemed to immature and too self serving to truly lead a squad as a Jounin.

Fist had answered them by getting so strong that the rank was undeniable. He didn't knock on doors, he kicked them open.

Right now, he was paying for it.

He stood there sheepishly, kicking the ground, unsure of how to answer Sahori--Fist had been stupid but it had been a stupidity born among his desire to impress and also an unshakeable faith in himself that be bestowed upon to others by osmosis. He was not afraid to use deadly jutsu in a spar because he believed that his opponent would figure a way out of it. He wasn't scared to hurt anyone because he knew that he could heal them almost instantly and with better thoroughness than a medical ninja even could.

"I'm the strongest in my clan and probably my village as well...I think I'm stronger than the Hokage though we've never fought," he said finally, "I, uh, that wasn't a fluke. I was taught how to use Cinder by practicing against kunai and it was one of the first jutsu I learned besides...it's rudimentary katon. Just a matter of anticipation and vision and shit."

He nodded.

"I have a lot of practice and I'm pretty good at this whole ninjutsu thing, all things aside."

This time he shook his head...

"I don't mean to by hyperbolic, but I didn't mean to hurt anyone," he sighed, "I honestly thought that you would either block or cancel out the jutsu...it was a little much for a spar, sure, but I thought...I thought...I thought it would all work out, right?"

He looked upwards away from her...

"I also told you and it's important that you realize this," he said uneasily, "I'm a Sanada, Konohagakure is just where I live and who I work for..."

Well, wasn't that simplifying it?

"Most Leaf Jounin don't think I'm qualified either, not surprised the Stone one is in the same camp, eh?", he offered to himself and to Sahori, "And I think people talk shit but when the shit hits the fan?"

He reflexively stared at his hand and a small flame appeared on his finger. Katon: Ichi, the building block, the birth of the will of fire.

"Everything I'm not makes me everything I am, it hasn't served me or my teammates wrong yet," he nodded again in affirmation, "Sorry for scaring you and your subordinates."

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 04-22-2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

This isn’t a game.

Sahori clenched her fists as she spoke, doing her best to keep her tone level and steady. How many ninja had she seen die because of fuck-ups like Sanshiro? How many hot-headed show offs had rushed out and gotten their teammates killed? How had a little pissant like this end up her problem? If he had been an Iwagakure shinobi she would have shamelessly sent him back to the Academy, big explosions or not.

You’re awfully proud for being a chaos agent. A walking bomb. All that power and zero sense, nothing more than a weapon.” She let her fists relax, and looked down at her palm.

Yeah, some shinobi idealized that role. Being so good at killing that they could just be let loose in an area to create destruction. A role without heart or meaning, an endless dedication to the shadow arts.

To murder.

In some ways, that was a valid way to look at the shinobi life. Perhaps for simple-minded fools like Sanshiro, it was the only way they could hope to be considered useful. His own village didn’t want him to be a jounin, so he brute forced it.

He’s literally just a sword with an ego.

That realization sank in to Sahori, and she looked back up at the boy. This boy – this mutant bloodline, this explosive amount of chakra control. He wasn’t human. He was a beast with a mouth. Something to pity, some sad simulacrum of a man, desperate to be seen and respected. There wasn’t any reason to try and talk sense into him.

He walked his path of destruction, she walked her path of hope. His void, his hungry violence...hopefully it wouldn’t destroy her dreams, too.

It doesn’t seem like anyone was severely hurt. You just did as you had been trained. I can’t fault you for acting naturally.” She shook her head. “My own selfishness challenged you to this kumite. I’m equally to blame.

As it had turned out, she had learned something about the Sanada, and his ninja way...the story of a weapon playing at hero. For Iwagakure shinobi, there was the Force Jewels. This type of sacrifice, to trade humanity for power...it was a familiar thing. Not everyone was so privileged to base their ideals on the hope for a better tomorrow. Not everyone got the chance to believe in tomorrows. It was selfish of Sahori not to realize it sooner.

My apologies, Sanshiro. I think I understand your great power a bit better now.” She held out her hand, tenderly, to shake his. “A Kage is more than a powerful warrior, though. To become the greatest in a village, you have to grow on a personal level, too. Now is not your time.

Without realizing it, a shiver ran up her spine. The idea of a Konohagakure that followed the ideals of this twisted boy in front of her was a horrifying concept.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #14
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Now you're sounding like a Sanada," Fist said testily, "But I don't think you understand the Sanada or me or my nindo. I don't think someone coming from where you come from can."

He had felt bad about going too far in the duel but he couldn't handle the condescension and it seemed to force him out of whatever was forcing him to try to gain this woman's approval. He didn't want it and just for the politeness and flow of conversation he went a long with it...

"What could you know? Look at your clan grounds, you can talk about...self righteousness and restraint...but that's from privelidge and silver spoon nonsense," he grimaced, "There's a lot on my plate, not to mention my uppity spoiled fiance who can't get off her pedestal long enough to realize she asked to see my ninja way without even understanding what it means."

He shook his head...

"The Sanada have no grand shinobi history or way, we are a free and independent people that lived for century in muthafuckin' secrecy and seclusion," he spoke with a harsh whisper, "A civil war among the clan forced us to seek Konoha for protection but we're not exactly beloved house guests. I'm among the first Sanada born into the shinobi lifestyle. I don't know and wasn't raised with much reverence for pomp and ceremony. I don't got no role model or old ass CEO suit and tie wearing cake ass people tellin' me what to do--I figure shit out on my own."

He couldn't waste his time here in Iwagakure.

He still had to face a goddamn Bijuu on Spirit Island, he still had to defeat Masakage, he still had to lead his clan to prosperity, he still had to become Hokage, he still had to beat Hitoko and master the inner workings of his own twisted tenketsu.

Trying to please Sajime Sahori couldn't be further from the list of important things.

"I shoulder more responsibility and more lives than you could fathom, I don't take my power or the freedom it grants me lightly," he said mostly to himself, "I don't claim to understand this world or why things happen. I can't begin to tell you about the plans for the future or the intricacies of right and wrong. It's too fuckin' subjective and it ain't my place."

He nodded.

"Getting stronger has always been the only thing that has made sense in a world ruled entirely by strength," he said with some measure, "I can trust my own spirit, it's the only thing I can trust. But power is the rule of the land. If you're powerful you can be as good and righteous as you want...if not you're just a bystander. Power is the only rule in this world of ninja and you know it as well as I do..."

He looked at his katana, sheathed on his side, even this weapon felt foreign. If Hinoken had been here, he'd have offered caution and restraint for Sanshiro in the duel. The wise cracking but ultimately wise piece of sword has grown on Fist and Fist's samurai training had caused the sword to grow on him. He missed the blade more than he thought he would.

"You get love for it, you get hate for it, you get nothing if you wait for it," he said finding his courage, "I won't stop, I can't stop and I don't care if it's selfish. Behind every fist is another fist, over and over and over and over and over again and shit."

He clenched his fist and eyed Sahori with a measure of defiance, like a punk telling off a teacher. Fist didn't like how accurate the dynamic was...

"I will be the first Sanada Hokage and sooner rather than later," he said with a degree of certainty, "But I am not a murderer or traitor or some crazy ass usurper--so yeah, me takin' over ain't gonna be today. In that sense it ain't my time. Being powerful isn't special, I know. Lotta shinobi have sat on the throne of being the greatest," he nodded to himself, "I'm just the latest. I know what that means, I know when the chips are down what it means I gotta do. Whether you believe it or not."

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #15
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Sahori lowered her hand, since Fist didn’t see the need to shake it. The boy was so far up fluffing his own ass he couldn’t even pretend to be worried about her. Rambling about his small-people problems and his small-people responsibility tickled the back of Sahori’s throat. She let out a harsh chuckle, a dismissive and cruel tone to her voice, and she turned away from Sanshiro.

You want to talk about lives? Your pathetic little ninja family numbers less than a few dozen.” She hopped off the arena edge and lightly patted the back of Byakko. “The Zaibatsu is directly responsible for the financial well-being of several thousand families all across the known world.

She cut her eyes over to him, again. “I’m only a ninja because it was required to save this family and the Zaibatsu. I became damned good at my job and brought honor to my family.

Byakko was starting a low, thrumming sound in her throat. The beginnings of a roar, maybe, a low yowl. Sahori was finding it difficult to find her tone, put across such a petulant child. “Do me a favor, and stop calling me fiance. It’s an arranged marriage. So we’d be civil partners at best. We don’t even have to have a relationship, it’s just on paper. Every time you mention possession over me it makes me sick.

She hopped on top of the tiger, who let out a roar. "Unlike you, you spoiled brat, I know how to make sacrifices for this family. I won't let my distaste for you ruin this agreement. If Ojiisan needs me to give up my ability to marry, to invest in your pathetic, half dead clan...then so be it. It wouldn't be the first time I did something despicable to help the Zaibatsu. You don't know sacrifice and you don't know the meaning of power. You've got some techniques, but your family is here begging for stability for a future. That's real power. In a hundred years, the Sajime clan will still be a historical power. In a hundred years, will anyone even remember the Sanada? I didn't even know what you were until now. Plenty of strong ninja die without affecting the world.

You're an insignificant pawn in a bigger game. If you weren't so selfish and self-involved, maybe you'd be able to help others around you, and be a part of something better. The world doesn't revolve around Sanshiro, no matter how many titles you grant yourself.
"

The moon arced over the open-air arena, and she glanced up at it to get a feel for the hour, then back to Fist. "I am done with this discussion. There is work to be done." With that, the tiger she rode leaped to the high wall surrounding the arena, and slinked over the edge towards Iwagakure proper.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #16
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Just like after he had been chastised after the Burning Lily...

Sanada Sanshiro, The Fist, was uncharacteristically made silent. Sahori had taken him down utterly and completely with her verbal skills in a way that Sanshiro's undeniable ninjutsu prowess could not compete with. She had taken down his vocabulary, his moral compass, his family's role in the world at large and she had done so while propping up and defending her own family in ways that Fist could not readily respond or refute. He closed his palm and the Katon Ichi faded away...he kicked the ground and then slowly watched the woman and her tiger leave his sight.

What the fuck now...?

"You follow her Fist."

"Ma?"

Sanada Shiro sauntered into the arena with a wine glass in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Fist didn't ask where the wine had appeared from or where his father was, he assumed that his mother had escaped the meeting just as he did and had left Shinji to iron out details and handle potential business plans in fire country.

"The girl is right and you know it," she chuckled, "But you are as well and that gets you mad. You're not gonna convince her of who you are or what you're worth just by doing crazy katons and screaming about what you think your destiny is. That's a boys way. She's a woman, she'll only respect a man."

"Why the fuck do I care about her respectin' me Ma?", he asked rhetorically, "I'm not doin' enough? I'm travelin' the world and fightin' fuckin' organized crime families and bijuu...why I gotta be here? With her...going through this embarrassment?"

"Because you know we need you," she said with some certainity, "And you know you're not ready."

It was at this point he recalled his father's words to him after he had been promoted--not what usually stuck to him about his father claiming to have bet the Sanada future on his son...but something different. About what he needed Sanshiro to become and when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanada Shinji
"You're blessed with abilities that few men possess--on par with my brother, on par with Masakage. You're blessed to belong to a close knit family with one of the most powerful kekkei genkai on the earth, and you're still blessed with youth--and what have you done with these blessings? You're my son and I know what you're capable of. I wanted to help shape you into the man you're supposed to be, I wanted to end this squabbling, I wanted to get you back home...

I need you to become the man you're meant to be. Not next year, not next month, not next week, not tomorrow--now. Today."
"Ma...this is the rest of my life and this lady fuckin' hates me," he offered helplessly, "She's colder than Kiyoko sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm!"

"Don't focus on the future Fist, foresight and divination isn't what you do best sweetheart," his mother offered kindly as she approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Focus on the present and opportunity. Do less, be cool."

She chuckled as Fist looked at her inquisitively as if to say 'How do I do that?' and his mother kissed him on the forehead.

"Fuckin' follow her numbnuts and quit stayin' here gettin' babied by your mommy!", she said finally before smacking him upside the head, "Who the fuck are you?"

"Sanshiro."

"No! Who the fuck are you?!"

He nodded now...

"The muthafuckin' Fist."

"And that means you don't give up, even when it's hard and you don't understand," she pointed up to the ledge where Sasa had jumped, "When opportunity comes, you don't let it pass you by. You keep on attacking even if it means changing up the attack!"

"Thanks ma!"

"Now go!"

~~~

Through Iwagakure proper he saw her from behind, the poised and perfectly molded and adult form of Sajime Sahori and her big ass white tiger/Miko chick/maybe diety...Fist hadn't been paying attention to details so much. He was moving quickly through the city, literally riding and surfing the wind as he approached her.

"Sajime-san!", he shouted, "I'm here to help, you shouldn't do this by yourself and shit..."

He finally approached her, standing about six feet away and floating about six feet in the air on what seemed to be a ball made of air. Air Riding, Wind Ninjutsu, something he had picked up from another twenty something foreign ninja.

"It's my recklessness that got you out here anyway, we can stop talking, I'll just help you patrol."

Was that being cool? He didn't know...

But it certainly was doing less. He couldn't worry about the future, he could only hope the present worked out for the best. The future was a mystery, today was the only thing he could control.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #17
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

The moon was large and heavy in the sky, while dark clouds speckled their way across the stars. This high up, on Iwagakure's walls, it was easy to compare the village to the mountain or to the sky and in comparison, the whole world seemed small and insignificant...or precious, and in need of protecting. Sahori shifted her weight on the back of Byakko, White Tiger of the West, and let out an agitated sigh as she turned to look at Sanshiro.

"Is that fuuton?" She stated the obvious, maybe to be polite. "How do you even have the chakra to manage that anymore?"

Oh, right. Freak of nature ninja. The answer was apparent, so she rolled her head to look back over the wall. Byakko kept a steady walking cadence, and far off down the wall, the other scouting teams could be seen, just barely, shadows against the night sky. As the tiger trotted, her eyes cast down towards the trees and roads to the village, she spoke aimlessly.

"If Sajime Sahori dies, any number of those ninja back there would be ready to step into my place." Her fingers brushed against the tiger's course fur. "So, the best course of action is to always do the right thing, I think. For Iwa or for Grandfather or for the people of Earth Country."

Her hair spilled down to obscure her face as she leaned her head forward, peeking over the direct edge of the wall. She was smiling, her voice light. "There's something like four billion bricks that make up this wall, you know."

She turned her torso to look over at him. Her eyes reflected the moonlight, bright and mischievous. "If not more. It's not all doton and grease, either. I specialize in demolition, you'd be surprised how often it's easier to destroy a ninjutsu structure versus something hand-crafted and hand-made. Like swords!"

She held out her palm. "Chakra generated swords a lot easier than something you buy from a blacksmith, right? So four billion bricks had to be laid for the primary structure we're on. Think of the numbers of bricklayers and stone masons and transport teams and everything that had to go into it...to make this great wall that protects the people. Any number of them could have been a Sajime Sahori or a Sanada Sanshiro, but that's completely irrelevant. What's relevant is the big picture, right?"

She hopped of the tiger and rested her forearms in the edge of the wall. Before her, Tsuchi no Kuni stretched out for miles. "It's not so bad to be focused on the small things, though. The details. Like the problems of just the little Sanada family, or the issues of one magic tiger."

Byakko yowled, maybe a bit off-put by her issues being considered small by a mere mortal.

"Small details like your missing sword." She flipped her body around to lean back against the railing, elbows poking out over the edge. She tilted her head at him -- awfully chipper for how angry she had been earlier. "I think I figured out the trick to your speed...that's why you asked for a katana earlier, right? I know you were dressed in formal attire and all that, but why didn't you carry your sword? Worst places than Iwagakure to buy a new one, I suppose."

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #18
Bukowski
The People's Champ

And I guess right there is the difference between me and you Sahori...

There's nobody to step in my place.

How could he begin to explain it to her? He had touched upon the Sanada civil conflict but so much of what made it important to Sanshiro and his family were recent developments. There was an invasion of Leaf and Fist himself had fought off Sanada hybrids empowered by technology and clan secrets given by Masakage at the Hokage monument. He had fought his uncle directly at the old clan grounds, barely able to touch him, only being able to glean into his plans out of his uncle's own arrogance.

There was no one else who could stop Masakage, not now and if he failed, if anyone rose up...who knew how many lives could be lost by the time that they were able to. Fist had been blessed and chosen by fate, at least he felt that and he knew that his entire life's purpose...was in righting the wrongs of his uncle, avenging his grandfather's death and finally building a good home for the Sanada. He wasn't given this mission, he hadn't chosen it...it had been forced upon him. Based on geography, talent and blood.

He couldn't sing like a canary about the situation to a Stone Jounin, no matter how much his pride ached and her words stung.

"I get what you're saying," he whispered to himself, "But none of those brick layers could've been me. There's nobody like me, only me."

Was that cockiness or self loathing?

He didn't even know.

But in a moment...things had changed and the subject of their conversation seemed to move. He found Sahori looking at him with a chipper grin, asking him questions about jutsu and his sword style--he didn't mind talking about jutsu. He probably preferred it.

"It was Genjutsu, Onigokko, Chase the Devil...not speed," he offered, "But you're right, the katana is the trigger. It's what traps folks in the illusion...why I made such a big deal of getting one given to me as opposed to just changing my arm."

Buying a new sword? In Iwagakure?

Fist hadn't thought of it.

He hadn't sought out his first sword either, he won it, in battle...Sahori probably would think that less impressive than making one yourself...and she hadn't been at all impressed with his ability to make one himself.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a golden bar, mishapened due to high heat. It looked as if it could've been a handle, a hilt, a large circular mass looking like a golden nugget...

"Here's my sword...", he tossed it to her casually, "Or what's left of it. His name was Hinoken, kind of a jerk, but very smart...I kinda miss the steel bastard."

He shook his head...

"Haven't really wanted to get a new sword," he offered, "I was trained in swordplay personally by a samurai master...I tend to take that stuff a little too serious. Hinoken was a part of me and sacrificed himself for me...seems kinda cruel to replace him."

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #19
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

An ego sword.” Byakko said blankly, at some point having shifted back to her human form, to peer over Sahori’s shoulder as she caught the thing. “A spirit trapped in metal, or...

Perhaps a Force Stone Jewel, a terrible cursed ingot, or...

A sealed bijuu? A demon sword.

The girls, perhaps more interested in ore and metal than the typical shinobi, were huddled around the small golden piece, nodding to themselves as they started to quickly banter to each other at length about tempering and rarities and the like. The words phrases “simple-minded fool” and “ninja like him” were tossed around more than once, but for the first time that day, they seemed pretty pleased.

Finally, Sahori shifted on her heel and turned over to Sanshiro. He already dwarfed her in height, but she leaned forward and tilted her head in her best attempt to look like a cute, young thing—kind of frightening from the pig-faced auntie. She held out the golden nugget in both of her hands to offer it back to Sanshiro, and, eyes sparkling –

Nevermind genjutsu or the impossible weight of shinobi responsibility, I wish you had told me about this before hand! Open up with this! Like, I have a legendary artifact, unseen by mortal hands in generations or something, okay?

Even Byakko looked to have a bit of energy on her stoic face. “Even in my time, items like this are more myth than reality.” Big talk from a magical whats-it-tiger.

Before you leave for Konohagakure, maybe we can get this bad boy fixed, in a fashion.” She pointed at the ore. “Probably won’t come out quite the same, considering it looks like he was tossed into the middle of a volcano, but might come out better with the old Earth Country touch.

Shrines to the old gods still stand, for blessings...
The best blacksmiths in the known world...
Iwagakure shinobi are uncommonly skilled at metalworks.
...and I think I know a girl who dated a guy who’s uncle found some rare ore before.
That closed mine, for fear of force gems,
But if it will restore this sword, surely that’s a different ore!

Sahori, looking eager, and Byakko, looking serious – if not a tad bit excited – both stared at him with wide eyes. What even were they talking about?

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 04-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #20
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Fist stared at Sahori for a moment and blinked, uneasily and then he looked away...

Her and her tiger both seemed very much interested in Hinoken and his true nature.

Fist hadn't known and didn't ask, he was told that the sword was cursed and that it had a spirit of a samurai sealed within it. At least, that's what Han had told Fist before Fist had ruined his tournament and taken out Sanada Misao. Hinoken hadn't been there long, but he had taught Fist a lot and the sword's rationale thinking, however abrasive, was a great friend.

Still...accepting any help from Sahori felt like an insult to his own ego and pride. He had taken her attacks not well at all, nearly destroyed an arena and claimed foreign lives...to prove a point that he couldn't even point too. He felt immensely childish as he looked down at her, looking up at him and he felt his cheeks turn pink as soon she stared at him. She stared right through him her and Byako both and Fist didn't feel anymore like he was seventeen.

This was a grown ass woman, he could beat her on the battlefield, but in conversation? Negotiation? Politicking? Philosophisizinging?

He had no chance.

Literally one second ago...I thought by biting my tongue I was playin' her.

Wake the fuck up Fist.

She's clearly playin' you.

But is Hinoken worth some games?

He shook his head and then rubbed the back of it, closing his eyes and smiling at Sahori unsurely...was it even a question?

"Alright!", he said brightly, "If you think you can fix 'im than fuck it! I'm down! He was my buddy! Let's go!"

He began running down the street and got a few feet before he began jogging backwards until he was back to Sahori and Byako again.

"Maybe I'll stop by my room and pick up a new shirt tho."

To Be Continued...

Don of the Sanada Family