iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
Waterz

Default [Miko] Sawanoguchi Miki

Name: Sawanoguchi Miki
Sex: Female
Height: 4’11”

Character Type: Non-Shinobi

Country/Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Division: Hikaru no Ryodan

Physical Description: Miki looks for all the world like any other kid her age. Just breaking into her teenage years, she has never had a haircut, leading her blue hair to extend to the back of her knees. She has only the lightest of tans. Her time outside during Miko training fought to no avail against her life in the Mist Village. On her right shoulder is a Kirin shaped mark reminiscent of a tattoo.

Clothing: As a Miko, her outfit is presorted for her. She wears a white kosode and red hakama. Her hair is usually tied up in two long pigtails by red ribbons. When she has funeral rites to attend to, she often wears a black kosode and hakama combo. As a symbol of her membership of the Brigade of Light, she keeps a white mask with an elongated deer-like face and a backwards curved unihorn.

Personality: Miki is a joyful soul who loves to play and find happiness with others. Everything she does is in her service to Umikami, the Kirin, and in effect the Brigade of Light. Between her Miko training and her connection with the Kirin, her life is completely guided by her oaths. She sees her oaths as stronger than a simple nindo as breaking a nindo only lets down yourself. A Sacred Oath lets down yourself and the Gods.

Her outlook on life is one of an upbeat reverence. They may have free will but everything around them is at the control of higher beings. She simply celebrates the chaos that allows them to seek and achieve balance. She is a very honest person. Rarely will she lie, and she will never deceive, especially when dealing with death. It is just as important that the last moments of a person’s life be known honestly as the memory they left is kept. Because of her rigid oaths. Her thoughts and actions are deliberate. Every step, sweep, or turn, thought out and meaningful. As a Miko’s duty is to the souls and hearts of both Kamis and People, she tends to be very warm and empathic, trying to bring a smile to all who come across her.

While not afraid of death or battle, she is always vigilant of what may come and seeks to protect not fight. As soon as the enemy retreats, she will allow them to. When it comes to interacting with people outside of her duties, she tends to be reserved. Her life is nothing important, why would anyone want to know about it? Despite that Umikami is the only God in the Land of Water, Miki’s open reverence to the Kirin earn her the side eye. She is still a priestess of Umikami, but she regularly speaks to a summoning creature.

Divine Oaths: Do Good. Heed the Will of the Kirin. Be a Safeguard against the Dark. I will run two miles every morning. To see that the last moments of the fallen are immortalized.

Clan/Bloodline:N/A

Primary Archetype:
Sin-Eater
Special: Once per thread, the miko calls on the spirits to alter causality, allowing her to redirect the effects and injuries of any one attack to herself. As a ritual, she may lay hands on a recently deceased corpse and see the last five minutes of their life.
Primary: Chakra
Stats: +1 Power, +1 Control, +1 Willpower, -3 Tactics

Secondary Archetype:
Blade Dancer
Stat Merit: +1 to Strength, +1 to Speed, +1 to Tactics
Stat Flaw: -1 to Willpower, -1 to Reserves, -1 to Power
-----------------------------------

Statistics

Physical 8/8

Strength: 5 = 1 +1(Blade Dancer) +3(Pool) [+3 Sanshi no Mizu]
Speed: 5 = 1 +1(Blade Dancer) +3(Pool) [+3 Sanshi no Mizu]
Stamina: 5 = 1 +2(Pool) +2(AP) [+3 Sanshi no Mizu]

Mental 6/6

Intelligence: 4 = 1 +2(Pool) +1(AP)
Tactics: 4 = 1 -3(Sin Eater) +1(Blade Dancer) +2(Pool) +3(AP)
Willpower: 5 = 1 +1(Sin Eater) -1(Blade Dancer)+2(Pool) +2(AP)

Chakra 10/10

Power: 4 = 1 +1(Sin Eater) -1(Blade Dancer) +3(Pool)
Control: 5 = 1 +1(Sin Eater) +3(Pool)
Reserves: 4 = 1 -1(Blade Dancer) +4(Pool)

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsu and Techniques:
Paths of the Shrine Maiden
Primary Path: Deny
Secondary Path: Mend
  • Stage 1
    • Gai Kyouhi! – Deny Harm! (Requirements: 2 Control, 2 Intelligence)
    • Kogei Ofuda – Seal Crafting (Requirements: 3 Power, 2 Willpower)
    • Ofuda Gijutsu: Shu Shiiru – Seal Technique: Handseal (Requirements: 3 Control, 2 Tactics)
    • Ryouri no Yorokubi – The Joy of Cooking (Requirements: 3 Willpower, 3 Reserves)
  • Stage 2
    • Ofuda Gijutsu: Kyohi Toojo – Seal Technique: Deny Entry (Requirements: 5 Control, 4 Power, 4 Reserves )
Sanshi no Mizu (Water of Deep Reflection)
  • Stage 1: Futaiten (Requirements: 5 Willpower, 4 Intelligence, 4 Tactics)
Brigade of Light
  • Stage One – Satori (Requirements: Stamina 3, Intelligence 2)

Inventory:
Serene Sword (8) - Dao (3), Extrasensory (Kami) (2), Repair (1), Recall (2)

Item Points Remaining: 0

-----------------------------------------

Biography: Miki was the daughter of a Jounin of Kirigakure no Sato. Her mother died shortly after she was born so she does not remember her at all. It takes a village really started to live up to the meaning. Despite being a single father, he still had missions to complete and he often left her in the hands of other Jounin that had the day off and nothing else to do. So, all the scariest faces in the world became a comforting appearance for her. When she was old enough to do chores, she started to stay home alone. Sure, the others checked in on her, but she was able to prepare meals for herself and occasionally her father when he was home.

Since she was around the Jounin a lot, she would sneak in a imitate how they held thier swords, figuring that was a way to play with them. It was cute at first, but after a bit, they started to help her actually learn what each pose was, so she wouldn't misue it. Between her father an a few other members of the school, she was able to learn the bare basics of Sanshi no Mizu.

Around the age of eight, she convinced her father to take her out into the woods on a nearby island to play. It was her birthday, so he obliged the request. While she was running between the trees playing hide and seek, she stumbled across a serene clearing. In the center sat a strange monkey like being with brown scales and a thick tail. He first turned towards her looking quite upset but calmed down seeing it was just a child and she was frightened. He calmed her down by turning into a boy who looked a lot like her and talked for a bit. However, when her father did find her, the entire clearing and Satori would vanish, leaving her sitting in front of a bramble pile.

A few days later, a pair of traveling Miko entered the village looking for new candidates to test. Usually the Miko were looking for the direct opposite of who the Village was looking for, so it was a good tool to early seat some candidates. They didn’t pick out very many children as most of them were seen playing with wooden swords or being mean towards others. Miki was spotted by the two going shopping by herself and giving small presents to some of the scarier looking jounin with a warm thank you. After they got her attention, they examined the invisible to outsiders and deemed her a worthy candidate. After a bit of convincing, they got her father’s blessing to train as a Miko, so long as she was allowed to keep up with her swordsmanship practice.

Five years later, Miki returned to Kirigakure and requested to join the village shrines. She was able to earn a spot at the shrine after performing a funerary rite for a fallen swordsman. Since she wasn't a shinobi and a Member of the Brigade, she could not reside in the Village proper, but could stay on the island. She would be one of the few at the Welcoming Shrine on the sounth end of the island. She would not be expected to carry out missions, but she would offer her services as a Miko to the residents and shinobi, as even those who have stepped into darkness can walk towards the light if they can see it.

Writing Example:
It was a calm and cool day on Kodanetou. Her shrine also doubled as one of the rest stops along her route. She had managed to finally see a few of the faces that raised her growing up. Between healings and cooking treats for those who stopped, she loved to just bring out Satori to get more information about the humans. Tonight, was going to be an important day though at the start of her training. Even her father was going to be coming in for it. One of her patrons smiled as she sat down his Green Tea.

“SoOoOo. MikiIiI-chaAan. Which story are you going to regale tonight? They didn’t tell us.” The scare shark faced ninja with a pair of swords on his back asked. He still smelled of blood.

The Miko just stood back up and held the tray in front of her. “Oh. I am certain they did so to try and get more people to come. I’m going to be reciting the entirety of the Epic of Umikami.” A bright smile on her face illuminated the area. The swordsman’s partner just stared at him once he heard that.

There was a bell rang and Miki turned around just in time to miss the two arguing. Apparently, his partner did not sign up for a four to five-hour recital. But Sharkman was not going to miss his ‘niece’ telling the tale. The bell was ringing though to inform Miki that the gentlemen’s order of beef kabobs was done. Happily, the Miko walked over to the counter, took the plates and carried them back over.

However, trouble was they didn’t stop when she got there. In fact, they were still fighting as she stood there with their food. “Jinshiro-san.” Her voice was sing song yet had the unmistakable roar of someone who grew up in Kiri. “You two aren’t fighting at a Shrine of Peace, are you?” The two jounin sat up straight and brushed each other off. Just until the food was set down between them. “Let us not forget. When Umikami’s will test the lands, the lands do not recede, yet the Lord takes a little piece with him. To reward the mettle of the land, The Lord will return what it took in a better form. If we can withstand the anger within ourselves, we may feel like we are losing something, but soon what was lost will return stronger.” She smiled with closed eyes to the two.

While this was primarily a reminder that a bit of lost time makes the remaining time you have more golden, but that they keep up their tomfoolery in this place of piece, there were quite a few around her that will take a piece of them. This was still the Water Country.

Other Info:
  • 8 AP Spent from Engiversary (2 Stamina, 1 Intelligence, 3 Tactics, 2 Willpower)

Thread Ratings:

Last edited by Waterz; 03-28-2020 at 04:27 AM..
Old 03-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Hello, and welcome to Engi! During the registry process it's our job to help you tidy up the character sheet so it's in-line with the system. Don't fret about seeing a lot of stuff to fix- this is usually 'one and done' type of stuff that you'll fix, then it's good to go.

I'll start with some optional stuff. These are things that aren't required, but are good to do because it speeds up how fast the character can get approved. If there's numbers that have to be counted, it's often a good idea to include them on the character sheet. This would be stuff like archetype bonuses/flaws, item costs, and technique requirements. If you could include those others looking at the sheet wouldn't have to go digging around the website to try and find them. Since I already had to do that, I'll just provide that info here:

Quote:
Sin-Eater
Special: Once per thread, the miko calls on the spirits to alter causality, allowing her to redirect the effects and injuries of any one attack to herself. As a ritual, she may lay hands on a recently deceased corpse and see the last five minutes of their life.
Primary: Chakra
Stats: +1 Power, +1 Control, +1 Willpower, -3 Tactics

Blade Dancer
Stat Merit: +1 to Strength, +1 to Speed, +1 to Tactics
Stat Flaw: -1 to Willpower, -1 to Reserves, -1 to Power

Serene Sword (8) - Dao (3), Extrasensory Kami (2), Repair (1), Recall (2)

Paths of the Shrine Maiden
Primary Path: Deny
Secondary Path: Mend
Stage 1
Gai Kyouhi! – Deny Harm! (Requirements: 2 Control, 2 Intelligence)
Kogei Ofuda – Seal Crafting (Requirements: 3 Power, 2 Willpower)
Ofuda Gijutsu: Shu Shiiru – Seal Technique: Handseal (Requirements: 3 Control, 2 Tactics)
Ryouri no Yorokubi – The Joy of Cooking (Requirements: 3 Willpower, 3 Reserves)
Stage 2
Ofuda Gijutsu: Kyohi Toojo – Seal Technique: Deny Entry (Requirements: 5 Control, 4 Power, 4 Reserves )
Sanshi no Mizu (Water of Deep Reflection) (Requirements: 5 Willpower, 4 Intelligence, 4 Tactics)
Stage 1
Brigade of Light
Stage One – Satori (Requirements: Stamina 3, Intelligence 2)
So, all that being said, now we get to the parts that will require some math tweaking. Most of the math here looks good! There's just a few hiccups. You'll notice that in the above info, the "Seal Technique: Handseal" require 2 Tactics. Your character only has 1 Tactics, so this technique can't be taken. The same applies for the first Stage of Water of Deep Reflection, which requires 4 Tactics and 5 Willpower. Those two techniques can't be taken unless those minimum stat requirements are met. By roleplaying these stats can eventually be increased to allow your character to take those techniques, but right now they don't qualify.

The good news is if you post in this thread, you can claim 'AP', which are like pool points that just exist in your account to be applied wherever you want (within some limits). You can ask in the chat exactly how to manage AP but for the purposes of this character, you could claim that AP, then spend 3 points on Tactics and 2 points on Willpower to allow this character to qualify for those techniques. You will have to make a note of how you spend AP at the bottom of the character sheet, usually just by saying something like "AP Spent: 3 Tactics, 2 Willpower".

I don't any big issues with the biography, though I'd make note of a few things. The sword style (which is a Mist Village specialty) should be mentioned as to how she learned it- in this case I think it'd be fine to say her father taught her the basics so she could defend herself. I'd also like it to be made clear that although she might make her home in Kirigakure, and might do jobs for Kirigakure, she isn't an agent of Kirigakure- that is, she isn't a soldier that fights and kills for them. That's mostly to satisfy the Brigade requirements. As the Mist Secondary GM I can approve this when the above changes are made.

Good job getting this all done so quick! I'm sure you can adjust the sheet a bit and we can start slapping approvals on this in no time.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
Waterz

Fixed Added in the conditions to her residence in the history, made the mechanical changes. Hope we are all good
Old 03-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Looks like you messed up a[list] tag in your jutsu, should be an easy fix.

Everything else seems to check out. I'll add here that your character can still interact with Mist characters and enter the Village to do threads. If you check with me beforehand she can even do Mist missions. What she can't do (as long as she's in the Brigade) are missions that involve assassination, theft, hurting innocents, messing with village politics, and other assorted nastiness that's usually associated with shinobi work. Feel free to push the boundaries though (:

This isn't a problem for me but I'll mention here so you don't get caught off guard if someone else wants it. Mist recently had a bloody war and are currently engaged in a tense internal conflict, which you can read about here. We usually require a sentence or two in the biography so we know where character's stand on political issues: the Brigade stays out of political stuff so I'm not going to require it here. Your character can still have an opinion though. It'll probably come up in the first Mist thread you do, so maybe think about how your character views the situation.

I'll Half Approve and Mist GM approve pending the fixed html tag.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:39 AM   #5
Virtual Dream
Can See Your Chakra Points

Hey, a miko!

Approved.
¤Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
¤Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
¤Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
¤Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
¤Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
¤Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
Available for Registry Checks
Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Old 03-28-2020, 04:29 AM   #6
Waterz

The stray Tag fixed
Old 03-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #7
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy

Welcome to Engi!

Pretty solid, especially for a first attempt. Thematically speaking I rather enjoy this character. On the whole, the profile is good. Math/stats/jutsu all seems to check out. Be advised that you'll want to coordinate with Junge in regards to progressing along the Kirin Summoner Path as you are creating a character which has access to the contract itself already (I think a provision is noted at Step Four?)

Provided Junge is fine with Mist deets, consider this Approved.

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 56
Old 03-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #8
Kapeesh
King Koopa

Half-Approved