iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:49 AM   #1
merdle
Robot Admin

Default The Bijuu Beta! Inquire Inside!

The Bijuu Beta!

So if you missed it, the rules for Bijuu and Jinchuuriki (created by Jami and me) are now in information.

This is momentous, so momentous that it isn't as simple as that. To create Jinchuuriki characters, we crafted a sort of secondary system to overlay on our own. It is highly experimental, and not perfect yet. To be exact, it is undertuned in some areas to make up for the fact that it is overtuned in others, and in general it would be good to give it a test run before it is called finished.

So, what are the rules when it comes to making a Jinchuuriki character?

1) ALWAYS, ALWAYS, get permission from a village GM or admin when creating one. Seriously, don't get mad if a GM says no, because allowing a jinchuuriki in your village means they have to swallow a heavy pill.

2) Do not be surprised if your character is A) treated like a terrible monster by the GM or B) not really treated any different at all. Be prepared to either be swamped with GM created drama, or go and find your own drama.

3) When fighting Bijuu, tell the GM of that area, or an admin, that it is going to happen. You don't get free Bijuu farming, it just ain't happening partner.

4) If you have a Jinchuuriki character, the rules may get changed from under them, often. Maybe you suddenly lose more jutsu slots, or maybe you gain more powers, you have to put up with whatever happens or just junk the character without protest. Don't cry.

5) Give feedback. Different from crying, if you feel like your jinchuuriki is a waste of space, or way overpowered, let it be known!

6) Be awesome. Don't make me regret this. Realize that engi avoided anything related to the Bijuu for like a decade, so aim for quality.

Leave questions or comments below.
If you spent money on being a Jinchuuriki, realize that you get to make a 'True Bijuu' Jinchuuriki. The small difference in the rules for that are located in the rules under a spoiler.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

So are current characters able to take on a bijuu?
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
merdle
Robot Admin

True Bijuu, purchased during the donation drive, have to be new characters.

Normal new Bijuu do not.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #4
Geisha
Thus Always to Tyrants

Can you purchase bijuu art swaps with AP?
Geisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
merdle
Robot Admin

Yes, once it is a swap that goes in a list like normal jutsu, you can purchase it like any swap using AP.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:15 AM   #6
Kapeesh
King Koopa

How flexible are true bijuu powers. Are they kinda like a swap or a little more like cursed seals?

And regarding bijuu weapons; are the bijuu sealed in the weapon and not the host? How much spunk can we add to said weapon?

Last edited by Kapeesh; 01-05-2016 at 06:25 AM..
Kapeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #7
merdle
Robot Admin

More on the side of a seal, it is a complex power that wouldn't be replaced by one swap, but it surely shouldn't be a list in itself.

The Bijuu is sealed in the weapon, the weapon is bound to the host. It can have plenty of kick, it is possessed after all.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
Geisha
Thus Always to Tyrants

What is the sealing method behind the skin suit archetype? Is it not a cursed seal, and if so, can a true bijuu have this archetype?
Geisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Would it be possible to have a cursed seal attached to a Demon Weapon archetype?

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #10
Bukowski
The People's Champ

You know how current characters who become Jinchuriki trade off stat points for the purpose of taking in the bijuu? Well what happens to jutsu that they have earned but can no longer perform due to loss of stats? Meaning what if the loss of stats causes them to no longer meet requirements for jutsu they already have. Do they lose the jutsu or are just unable to do it temporarily? To further that statement do they have to repurchase those jutsu or do they get them back automatically once they regain their stats? I understand this system was created probably with new characters in mind but this was the main question I had in reading the guide.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote