iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
kyzuko
in lame man terms

Default Make an Arechihana! Be a cactus!

Alright, folks! The Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Hidden Sand is fully registered and approved and ready to hit the registry! Have you ever though, "Boy, I wish I could shoot needles out of my hand!"? Maybe, "Gee whillikers, I sure wish I could grow Wolverine claws from my knuckles!"? Or maybe explore desert animist spirituality in the lens of the shinobi life?

Well, here is your chance to do these and more. I am holding onto a spot for myself, but am percolating my idea while I work on some other things and deal with finals. I welcome applicants of all ranks. Want to be a genin? A prodigy/advanced genin? Rank and file chuunin? Extra special advanced chuunin? Or, given Sand's current jounin restrictions, work out a way for an Arechihana to be part of Sand's special forces? The Yagyou would be a bit harder since their bloodline ability kind of gives away their general identity, but....maybe they could be a Penitent?

To further sweeten the pot, I am offering AP from my own supply to get some enthusiasm. However, I am not just doling it out aimlessly. Here is the deal. If you get an Arechihana, once you complete your first thread, I will give you 1 AP to use however you wish. It can be on your cactus-person. It can be on someone else entirely. Yours to use as you wish.

Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up on the IRC or through PM here on Engi or any other way in which we communicate. If you and I get all ethereal and dreamwalk side by side, well, I guess we can talk about it then. But, more likely, it will be IRC or PM. I even deleted 58 PMs so I can have plenty of room to communicate with you people.

"The more I see of what you call civilization,
the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"

Robert E. Howard, King Kull
||GM, Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Sand||
||Co-GM, Shoda Bloodline Clan of Cloud||
\\Shoda Hoshihana, Cloud Jounin//
//Arechihana Sasori, Spartoi\\
||Yotarou Ouji, SUNA chuunin||Koike Kano, ANBU||
||Hasami Kuma, the Iron Devil of Sound||Tsubasa Kinoshita, Rain Jounin||
Jutsu||Items
\\Taka//

Last edited by kyzuko; 05-01-2014 at 02:05 PM..
kyzuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #2
Geisha
Thus Always to Tyrants

Ummm.... I want one. lol
Geisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
kyzuko
in lame man terms

Hoping my image came through because it is not showing up on my side for some reason. If it is, allow the King of Strong Style, SHINSUKE NAKAMURA, to kick off a new era for Arechihana in Sand. A big New Year's "YEAAOH!" to y'all!

So, Sand has experienced some changes. There are no rank restrictions on characters, for one. There has been a significant plot arc, for two. There's other stuff, for three. Therefore, I felt the need to update this and make a bit of the state of the Arechihana statement.

If you are interested in making a member of the clan-within-the-walls, then, PLEASE, do! I know I have not been super active and, given my obligations over the next semester (last semester, heavy course load, finishing and defending my thesis), I can't promise too much besides checking the registry and trying to keep my PM storage empty enough to receive PMs. When the semester ends and I get back from field camp, well, we will see what happens then. I have a lot of ideas and plans concerning the clan as well as missions involving the clan that I have been working with Hito on, but I don't want to overpromise as I look down the barrel of an intense 5 months.

I am open to accepting genin, chuunin, and jounin Arechihana at the moment. I am firm n the following statement for the foreseeable future: no sennin Arechihana applications will be approved. I do not feel it is appropriate for the idea of the clan I have in mind for there to be a sennin as a player character because of how integrally they would be behaved in the clan's affairs as they would likely be in the position of being groomed to be--if not already--a member of the Seven Elders of even the Jindaikaze. I know this is a firm position to take and I know that some of you have donated to unlock such a spot, perhaps with your eyes set on a sennin cactus-person. But, I just don't see it as appropriate for the vision of the Arechihana I have and, as I am still clan GM, that is my prerogative. By all means, make a jounin and RP your butt off and rise to the ranks of sennin. That would be a great story.

Also, given that it never seemed to be an inventive in the literal year the offer was in place, I am no longer offering AP to successful applicants as a blanket offer. That is not to say I may not gift some of my AP for being approved and being active with your cactus flower magic ninja. But it doesn't make sense to keep the sale going if it hasn't really been effective.

So, there. Make cactus-people. Take some ayahuasca-peyote-huachuma spiritual explorations like "Reborn" Matt Sydal. Be a prick? Okay, that last one fell flat. Be a whole bunch of pricks! YEAH! That sounds better!

Peace and Happy New Year.
kyz

"The more I see of what you call civilization,
the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"

Robert E. Howard, King Kull
||GM, Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Sand||
||Co-GM, Shoda Bloodline Clan of Cloud||
\\Shoda Hoshihana, Cloud Jounin//
//Arechihana Sasori, Spartoi\\
||Yotarou Ouji, SUNA chuunin||Koike Kano, ANBU||
||Hasami Kuma, the Iron Devil of Sound||Tsubasa Kinoshita, Rain Jounin||
Jutsu||Items
\\Taka//

Last edited by kyzuko; 01-02-2016 at 12:36 AM..
kyzuko is offline   Reply With Quote