iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:56 AM   #11
Oakapea

Awesome, guys. Thank you for your cooperation in making this arc as hellish as possible <3

Next question: How would your character react to having their kikai (and all related clan abilities and associated stages) forcibly removed?

Tetsumi would not deal with it well, considering she fought so hard to get the kikai in the first place. She would not continue being a shinobi, her other abilities aside, and not just because it would mean exile from the Aburame (which it would, btw - consider that in your answer).
Oakapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:00 AM   #12
Dralathan
Juvenille Green Dragon

Welp, in all reality...Zeshin would be bummed out, for sure, and obviously his life would be rocked pretty hard. But...he'd still keep on keepin' on as best he could. He wouldn't be part of the family, which would mean that he'd lose a lot of purpose in life, but at least he'd still have his job an' junk.

Rockin' the Sushyi sig, cause I'm just that badass.

Rain GM

Approved Characters

Characters in Registry

Dralathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #13
CommonRider
Snow Village GM

It would probably break Shima for a while. He's put so much effort into becoming a good Aburame that suddenly losing his Kikai would send him spiraling into such a state of depression that he probably would never be able to work his way out again. It would take a long time for him to build up another set of skills to rely on other this his meager amount of Genjutsu training. However it could also set him free in a way, without the imagined pressure of the clan name over his name he might be able to retire and have a happy life. But probably not, seeing as he would lose his family as well as his "friends."

Snow Village GM Prove Me Wrong
Mist Genin | Leaf Genin | Sand Genin | Rain Chuunin | Snow Jounin

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
CommonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #14
Res
Ancient Member

Uhhh right now Taizen would feel pretty okay with that. He might feel a bit empty for a while, but he's determined that the bugs don't make him who he is. He'd be pretty weak for a while since he doesn't have a strong jutsu selection, but he'd work hard to train back up and be useful again.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Roku would be devastated from having his kikai taken away from him. He'd be lost for quite some time before quitting being a shinobi and working in a hospital as a normal person, only as a shell of his former self.

Items/Swaps/To Do List

Last edited by Kana; 04-30-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #16
Oakapea

The first thread in the Aburame Arc (indicated by the tag [Hive]) is now up! You can find it here. It is currently closed, but as the thread progresses, your characters may be summoned to meet with the Matriarch. I'll let you know when or if this happens.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #17
Oakapea

Hello, my darlings. Now that I am back from Germany and Res is good and married, the arc continues forward. I'd like to see more activity out of my darling hive in the next month (myself included; shame on me). I have faith that we'll all reach my arbitrary requirement for being an "active" member and can set off on our adventure before November. If not, I start the culling I'll send out some gentle PM's and we'll be underway before the end of that month.

If you have questions concerning the arc and what I have in store for your character, PM me and I'll try to give you an idea of expected areas of growth without giving too much away
Old 09-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
Oakapea

There is a new post here. To those of you who might have glanced through Tetsumi's solo thread, this new post in Venom occurs before the death of Aburame Shidai. The next post will give us a look at the last summon, the mantis Makushi, who had been bound to Shidai before the elder's death.

If you know already that you're going to be busy or absent in the next few months, please post here or PM me to let me know. We're almost ready to start, guys. Get hyped.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #19
Oakapea

To anyone still watching Venom, THE LAST SET-UP POST is up. That means the arc is basically ready. Dral, you have two weeks to let me know whether or not you'll be participating, after which point I'll NPC you like Res and bring you along as fodder. Sleepy and Kana, you're both more active than me, so obviously you're good.