iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Default Dat Sanada Recruitment Thread

Hey boys and girls!

We've officially jumped the shark and I have been made the GM of a Leaf Bloodline Clan. Y'all know what that means, it's time to create blunt smoking gangster rapper Hyuuga--Dynamic RP this dick William of Fire!

I'm kidding, but one of you neophytes should probably create a Sanada.

Okay, sure, Leaf has a shit ton of canon clans but only one original creation. The Sanada clan boasts both a powerful bloodline, deep history, and tangible contributions on an entire arc within the village. Atm, I am looking for one Sanada character used by a dedicated RPer. I have some rough clan shenanigans planned, but knowing my playmates would make it a bit easier--anyway, things to remember!

The Important Stuff

CLAN INFO
CLAN JOOTSU

Relationship with Leaf

The Sanada have only been within Leaf for a generation (roughly 20 years) and the relationship between Leaf and the clan is tenuous at best. They are both benefiting from one another in a relationship of convenience while distrusting one another for the most part. While Leaf's skepticism hasn't been abated in those years--neither has the Sanada's clan lost any of their desire for secrecy, it's a mutual arrangement.

This thread between Will's Hyuuga Kiyoko and Woodstock's Sanada Shin should be considered required reading for any Sanada as it exemplifies their relationship with the Hyuuga and slightly with the village as a whole. You can get a sense of how the family interacts with other clans.

Now, every Sanada responds differently to this stressful relationship with Leaf but this should be mentioned and a large part of the character. Many Sanada have had issues with personal and professional advancement due to this basic distrust on both sides--so, yeah, it may merit a mention.

Dat Invasion

So, yeah, that whole invasion deal was kinda wild! If you're a Sanada than safe to say it changed your life pretty drastically, but let's get into the nitty gritty.

This thread should give you a sense of what went down prior to the invasion from a Sanada perspective. Since my hoodie wearing Neanderthal of a Sanada was there, I think it's safe to say any and all adult (16 or older/Chuunin and up) who were in Konoha also were at that meeting.

That thread ended up with some fallout that can be seen in this one. Similar experiences are welcomed and expected.

The Inhuman Infiltration threads themselves cover the actual invasion. Konoha Sanada got no special treatment from their distant kin, so we got equally fucked by them beast hybrids.

Plans for the Future

When you read the Demons From the Past thread there is a sort of generational gap between those born and raised within Konoha and those who have adapted to Konoha. Since the Sanada are in such a fragile state politically and socially the younger generation is seeking to both integrate fully and build true trust with Konoha. The older generation seems willing but the Sanada history is one of secrecy and betrayal so skepticism and caution comes naturally.

This is the conflict I want at the center of all Sanada characters.

As said, I am only accepting one at the moment. If you survived all the required reading and still want a Sanada--then congratulations you are truly batshit.

But, hey, birds of a feather, right?

I am putting a deadline for June 17th, after that if the slot ain't filled, make one whenever the fuck you want.

Good luck guys! Please don't suck!

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Bukowski
The People's Champ

We stand a little over a month before my self imposed "Not Quite Deadline", with that said I come bearing gifts in the form of a Sanada family tree.

I would like to thank Kaen for not only making this tree but making me look like a semi competent GM.

As you can see, the main branch (direct descendants of Seijin, sibling to Masayuki and Masakage) is full and established. I would prefer not filling it up more.

If you notice Setsuko's name floating in there she is an established clan elder/leader from the Demons From the Past thread. This was never established by Slav but we can infer that the Sanada who followed Masayuki over to Konoha were closely related to him (but not siblings).

Most Sanada then would be cousins, descendants of siblings and close relatives to Seijin. In my mind, the intensely private Sanada are probably numbering at 40 at the most. Shin would fall into that, his parents more than likely being cousins to Masayuki.

5 to 8 close knit families.

The specifics of your Sanada, their parents history and all that goodness is still up to you. The purpose of this, along with all the required reading, is to build both perspective and understanding.

Hope it accomplished that! GO MAKE A SANADA!

(any questions PM me)

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Last edited by Bukowski; 05-11-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Old 05-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

I've finished up my entry, Sanada Saho.

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
Distortion
take the l

As have I, Sanada Raiden.

AP [14]—Swaps [||]—Items [=]—Workshop [$]
Registry:

«¤—¤»

OSU - TSUNEO - JIROU
RAIDEN - KAEDE - ISAO
NOZARASHI

«¤—¤»

Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #5
Bukowski
The People's Champ

The Sanada Clan is now Closed...

For the moment.

Bwahahahahaha

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Old 08-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #6
Bukowski
The People's Champ

As per some news I received from our beautiful and overworked Leaf GM Will of Fire--I come bearing good news! The Sanada Clan is now open once again and will be accepting another member to it's misunderstood and still powerful ranks! Woo hoo!

This time around we will be doing first come first serve, but since I do only have one slot, spaces are still limited. To make sure everyone who is interested can have a chance to apply--I will be checking the registry and giving approvals on August 27th.

Good luck kiddies!

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Old 08-06-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
Distortion
take the l

Checking in to say I'm returning for Round Two.

AP [14]—Swaps [||]—Items [=]—Workshop [$]
Registry:

«¤—¤»

OSU - TSUNEO - JIROU
RAIDEN - KAEDE - ISAO
NOZARASHI

«¤—¤»

Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #8
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Same here.

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Hey boys and girls!

Well, since we have a full clan now, I have decided to shift this thread's purpose into a Sanada discussion thread. I have some serious plans for the future for the clan and I am hoping to really create some interesting and compelling stories with all of you. Especially with some of the most interesting lore on the site--very few clans can inspire early morning debate like the freaks from Konoha!

Within this clan arc I plan on using a variety of Sanada characters that have been introduced. I don't plan to use these characters in combat so I have been reluctant to put them in NPC reg, but with that being said...there's no reason not to share it with you guys.

One that I am sure will be controversial is the little blurb I created for Setsuko, especially since you both had her play a major role in your biographies. Ultimately if you do not find it to match your vision of the character, I wouldn't be opposed to either rewriting it with suggested changes or having one of you write it yourself for an AP reward (unless Kaen writes it, Engi no 1%, fight the power). I also need a picture for her so any suggested ones would be really awesome!

Here we go!
---
The Sanada Family

The Clan Head
Sanada Masayuki

Description: Sanada Masayuki is an interesting person to truly know and very few people do. Extremely reserved and extremely private, his every action is often measured and cautious. Masayuki is an intensely compassionate individual and very much prone to reflecting on past mistakes and engagements (namely the battle with his brother and the recent trials invoked by his sons Seijirou and Genjirou), it is this compassion that makes him an exceptionally good listener and his reserved nature translates into palpable poise. In terms of the Sanada and what Masayuki desires for their future, the Sanada Head takes solace in the relationship with Konoha--their amnesty instrumental in Sanada survival over the past decade. Masayuki's goal, always, is Sanada survival first and foremost with Konoha ensuring the surest protection against enemy forces.

Perhaps due to an insecurity involving his ascension to clan leadership and the subsequent betrayals of trust involved in losing a son and a brother, Masayuki often does not trust his own word or fears his own cautiousness. Because of this he has established an almost democratic approach to his time as clan head. A patient and measured man who takes into consideration all arguements, Masayuki has many flaws, but his deliberate and meticulousness nature is what has earned him respect amongst his family. Masayuki is a father of two, the missing-nin currently in Konoha custody Sanada Genjiro and the current heir Konoha Jounin Sanada Seijirou. While a master of the Sanada bloodline, Masayuki does not serve actively as a shinobi and has not for nearing a decade.

Significant Figures Within Konoha

Sanada Shinji

Description: The third born son to Sanada Seijin and younger brother to Sanada Masayuki, the clan head. Shinji has played a pivotal role within the Sanada since he was a teenager and prior to their arrival to Konoha, handled Sanada finances. Shinji is articulate but very blunt in his actions and an excellent reader of people. Prior to the Sanada arriving in Konoha, Shinji boasted of knowing someone from every city or village within Fire Country--since his arrival in Konoha he has served as an elite diplomat and boasts even broader connections. A natural communicator, but someone who prefers to be in the background, it was both he and Masayuki who brokered the original deal for Sanada amnesty.

In terms of what he wants or desires of the Sanada in the future, Shinji hopes to one day gain autonomy from Konoha but still remain allied and even send prospective Sanada to serve Konohagakure. While a shinobi for over twenty years, Shinji is not a military man by any means and a fierce believer in individual rights and choice. His least favorite part about Sanada amnesty is the Sanada obligation to Konoha. Shinji believes ultimately that the Sanada are at the bottom of the Konoha totem pole and knows that Konoha will ultimately protect their own interest over any Sanada issue. Because of that, he places extra emphasis on Sanada interests even over the village and it's council, in a way that speaks largely to Shinji's idea of justice. Shinji has two children, both Jounin of Konoha Sanada Makiko and Sanada Sanshiro.

Sanada Setsuko

Description: One of the oldest Sanada in the clan, Setsuko is a cousin of the former clan head Sanada Seijin. Setsuko is fiercely intelligent but also extremely gregarious, she is a fiercely opinionated person who never needs to be asked to share them. Among her close family, the old woman is renowned and beloved for her sense of humor, but also her brutal honesty and strictness. Setsuko is openly sarcastic and somewhat condescending--but her love for her family is unparalleled. One of the few historians in the clan, Setsuko is a wonderful storyteller and responsible for keeping many Sanada traditions alive. Prior to the Sanada moving to Konoha, Setsuko's father maintained an apple grove and Setsuko made her living both assisting with the growth of the apple's and as a painter.

Setsuko is not a shinobi by any means, but she is not helpless. While she does respect the shinobi arts, she does not necessarily respect the shinobi lifestyle of living mostly as mercenaries for hire. Setsuko remembers a time when the Sanada were completely independent and not forced to be soldiers to satisfy political agreements--she is an isolationist and purely driven by loyalty to her family. Setsuko places great weight on personal freedom and dreams of one day where the Sanada can be independent again. Setsuko rarely leaves the compound and routinely questions Konoha's effort (or lack of) to truly accept the Sanada. At Setsuko has two children, Shichiro and Sayuri, of which Shichiro is deceased. She is the grandmother of two, Sanada Raiden (Chuunin) and Sanada Ayaka (Genin).

Sanada Makiko

Description: The daughter of Sanada Shinji, Makiko, a Jounin of Konohagakure, often acts as proctor for selection tests such as the Chuunin Exams. She is spazzy, hyperactive, and extremely bubbly as a person with a smile that is nearly always ear to ear. This bubbly demeanor is merely a ruse for a much more biting and sarcastic sort of personality. Makiko is exceptionally loyal to her family, especially her cousin, Sanada Seijirou. Makiko has been a loyal shinobi to Konoha for the entirety of her adolescent and adult life, but she understands the request for autonomy. Makiko is a natural competitor but slightly indecisive and because of that constantly looking for affirmation.

Makiko ultimately does not have a stand one way or another on where her family ends up, she just loves her family and that's what carries over throughout all her actions. Her unflinching loyalty make her a favorite to nearly everyone in the family and she is even the closest to the standoffish clan heir. Makiko has an energy that can light up a room and the close knit Sanada make use of it often.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Old 12-08-2018, 02:31 AM   #10
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Hello all! Posting in this thread to confirm that the rumors are true and although the revolution may not be televised, it will certainly be streamed. The Sanada Clan are open for business! A clan near and dear to my heart even before I became GM of it and it remains something that takes up a lot of rent in my mind!

So what am I looking for in a Sanada character? I have no preconceptions, expectations or hopes and that is freeing in a certain extent. What I want from my Sanada clansmen is a respect and honoring of our history and our effects on Engi's history! At the top of this thread is a post with several links to previous threads done by old members during times where the clan interacted specifically with the arcs, they also illustrate somewhat how the clan is viewed. The Woodstock/Will of Fire thread in particular has long been my go-to reference point in how the Sanada are perceived because of how well they illustrated it. It should be a good starting point with any applicant!

There are two threads that have occurred since the last time I opened up applications that I think every Sanada applicant should read because they serve as defacto arc threads for the clan and involve NPCs I've placed in this thread and those that I have not (specifically Masakage and Kaigen, that will be coming shortly!).

The Celestial Sword
Fist and the Sons of Seijin

Both of these threads share similar themes and dialogue not because I lack creativity (or not just because I lack creativity) but because the lines between the sects of Sanada should be blurred. The lines between the Sanada and the village should be blurred. The lines between the Sanada and their individuality should also be contested. The Sanada are a free thinking, independent people who have been shinobi for less than a generation...

That independence effects everything they do, from keeping their bloodline secret and protected to how they approach career advancement.

Looking forward to all applicants! Not placing any deadlines, first come, first serve. Let's RP!

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant