iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #1
Wess
General Moderator

Default [Stone]Time for Action

TIME FOR ACTION

A continuation of Wordsmiths! After securing a group of children and elderly, the Iwagakure duo returns to a small village being besieged by enemies! Will they succeed in ensuring the survival of their charges? Probably! Will they escape without injury? Probably not!

AP / Swaps
Old 09-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Claimed and rated. Not gonna pull any punches!

I really, really enjoyed how the conflict started immediately and was looking forward to a nice, long, well paced action sequence. What I got instead was just a lot of 'then my character killed the dude' over and over. There wasn't any build-up to nameless electricity guy, and he gets to attack twice before getting one-shot. The panicking civilians are mentioned offhand a few times but never really play a part in the conflict. This thread does get better towards the end (where the posts suddenly got longer and more detailed) but it doesn't really make-up for all the puttering around done in the first half.

Regardless it is competent work even if I wasn't entertained by it. So it'll be two points for Simon and three points for Wess, with jutsu if you want.

Individual breakdowns are below but as usual these are opinions, so if you don't agree that's cool.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #3
Wess
General Moderator

Thanks for the rating, Junge. Pacing did become an issue in this thread; I kind of just went with it and pressed on.

I'll be taking the Unlocking Technique in Global Ninjutsu, a point in Reserves, and Sabotage in TLO.

AP / Swaps
Old 11-26-2018, 01:52 AM   #4
Simonsez
New Vision

Two in control por favor.