iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Default GRIT: Mental Cosmic

GRIT: Mental Cosmic

A youkai eradication mission featuring Star-child Altair & Boy Courage Isamu

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 06-10-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
Bass
Community Moderator

Boop.

Claim'd
Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #3
Wess
General Moderator

REEEEEEEE!

Claimed and rated.

So, just some preliminary thoughts as a whole. When the thread first started, I was very, very into it. The hellhounds, the praying, the spirits, the fighting, the illusion, and the destruction of the totem. That could have been a thread all by itself, and I would have read it. It was that good. Then, the tone started to shift, there was some awkward teenage ogling, generic, bland human stuff (not really, humanizing magical beings sent to purge the world of evil spirits makes them relatable.) The sudden appearance of the next mini-boss caught me off guard; I felt like Natsu running outside and suddenly finding him was a cop out. In a way, you guys fashioned him into the "big boss" because he got more screen time that the imp at the end. Natsu calls it a Bijuu, but I'm not too sure on that; there was no mention of any tails. So I'm not too sure if Natsu gets an additional Bijuu XP for that.

But!

All things considered, it was a really good thread. I just wish that you would have structured it into two threads because it seemed really rushed towards the end, even though you took your time and did an additional 6 posts. All the sudden, it was OKAY HERE'S THE BIG BOSS FIGHT and in two posts (a piece) of fighting, it was like, oh he's dead. Literally, the hellhounds and priest and his elemental got more screen time than the big baddie. It was almost like reading the Hobbit.

And the reason why this thread was so good was because you two write really well together. It felt like I was reading a novel written by one person: Roleplaying doesn't get much better than that.

I'm going to spare you personal criticisms because my only real critique would be to pace yourselves better when you do a thread like this next time. I caught a few misspellings, mixed up pronouns, and maybe one or two missing commas here and there, but there wasn't anything groundbreaking.

tl;dr: Natsu gets 3 points, one for jutsu or Miko techs or whatever it is nonshinobi get. Isamu gets 2 points, one for jutsu.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VD
“Don’t touch me,” She said, absently, brushing his hand away from her. “I am a woman of the cloth.”
same, sis

AP / Swaps
Old 07-23-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Thank you for the rating, Mr. Wess. It was a bijuu!

+2 Control and Stage 1 of Precision Fist, if you please. 4/10 total on bijuu XP.

The "Bijuu Arts:" tag can be removed (legacy bijuu stuff) and replaced with

[[b][color="Sienna"]Seido Kobushi[/color][/b]]
[b]Stage One[/b] (Control 5, Power 3) (+3 Strength)

And for the thread rating:

X/X/18 [url=http://narutorp.net/showthread.php?t=46157]GRIT: Mental Cosmic[/url] +2 Control, +Seido Kobushi Stage 1 | +2 Bijuu XP

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 11-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

+1 Stamina and Stage Three Ganjou Taiki! Thanks for the rating Wess. I'll get my edits ;D

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress