iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Default The Fist and The Sons of Seijin

The Fist and the Sons of Seijin

The truth was that the normally overconfident and overzealous Sanada Sanshiro aka’d since birth as The Fist had never been as nervous as he was currently. He had faced deadly shinobi head on, he had fought and he had killed legions of men and women simply for the right price and orders from the right person. At seventeen years old he had already accomplished a lifetime’s worth of goals and attained the rank of Jounin by working side by side and shoulder to shoulder with the prestigious KSPD and ANBU. A number one rookie, a Chuunin exam champion, a Eagle Contract holder and a master of the Rasengan—Sanshiro was without a doubt a teenager of many talents and skills. The boy wonder marked equal by the Dragon Emperor was still nothing but a child in soldiers clothing—or so he appeared to the untrained eye.

He had benefited for far too long by his opponents and family underestimating him—eventually they would get the message that The Fist wasn’t to be trifled with. Maybe they had gotten the message…

Maybe the fact that my uncle asked me personally on this trip and shit means they’ve gotten it loud and fucking clear!

Of course, to find that out would mean a conversation with Sanada Masayuki and that was something that Fist had been instructed since birth to avoid at all costs. The Sanada clan head had always been an enigma, a man slow to action and gentle in spirit…or so the stories went. Fist had only seen Masayuki’s reticence. The second born son who deferred first to his father, then to his brother, then to his two sons. It was Masayuki who had after his lost duel with his own twin brother Masakage had brokered the deal to bring the Sanada to Konoha and force his kin and descendants into servitude to the Hidden Leaf. The Sanada had been unwelcome and awkward dinner guests ever since.

When Sanshiro had arrived to the Sanada compound he was surprised to see his uncle and Clan Head in pristine dark robes puffing a long black wooden pipe. He didn’t say a word as he lead The Fist to a single horse carriage with no driver. A nod of his head a brisk order to take the reigns was all that the Fist needed and he found himself quickly leaving the city of Konoha—all the while Masayuki did nothing but close his eyes and puff his pipe until the whole of the surrounding area was seemingly engulfed in the smell of leafy tobacco.

“Tell me Sanshiro,” began his uncle slowly and gently but with enough firmness to cause Fist to feel a shiver down his spine and his posture to straighten, ”Were you ever planning to ask me where we were going or were you just planning to go in circles until I told you to stop?”

The Fist blushed for a moment but managed to keep his wits about him…

”Actually, I was planning to just go in a straight line until it got awkward or I fell asleep or some shit,” he offered, “And if it ain’t too much trouble and shit…could you please like call me Fist?”

”Only if you could please not swear, it’s distasteful.”

”Sanshiro it is then and shit.”

And to his credit and much to Fist’s comfort his uncle laughed a hearty laugh that Fist had seen him solely reserve to his father in private moments Fist wasn’t privy to be a part of but was mischievous enough to witness. His uncle had caught him off guard and showed a level of kinship he had not previously. The Fist didn't fall for it instantly but he did creak the door open

”You’re funny Sanshiro, your father doesn’t give you enough credit..”

You’re telling me…

“We’re going to the old compound...”

What?!

The old Sanada compound was in North Fire Country, a secret place that the family had used to avoid the shinobi world and practice their kekkei genkai. It was a sacred place that had been desecrated by Masakage. Razed and burnt to the ground. A ruin of an age abandoned.

”To your grandfather’s burial site…to where this whole mess began.”

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 02-06-2018, 02:03 AM   #2
Bukowski
The People's Champ

“I-I didn’t even know he had one…I thought, well, I thought that like…”, he had to tread delicately, ”I was told that the compound was destroyed.”

Masayuki nodded…

”It’s true, but before we finalized our pact to Konoha and before my recovery was complete…we did manage to recover my father’s corpse (or what was left of it) and give him a proper burial with his ancestors.”

Masayuki bit back his tongue and shook his head.

”It’s unimportant Sanshiro…I have wanted to arrange this meeting for a very long time but due to your estrangement and issues with my own sons, well, meeting with you was very much impossible.”

Sanshiro didn’t believe that one very much at all. His uncle had never taken much interest in him and Fist’s own father had always spoken about his uncle brother with a blind reverence that bordered on cult fanaticism. For better or worse the Sanada had rallied around Masayuki and done so long ago. Fist couldn’t change that any more than he could change the Sanada or how the village viewed them.

”What’s the deal then unc? What do you need me to do? I imagine it has to do with me whoopin’ someone’s ass and givin’ em the old ‘Right There Fred’’

It was at this point that the Fist took his hands off the reigns of his horse and punched the air with a very powerful right hook. Or it looked powerful, if it would’ve hit anything.

“Not yet, but let’s not kid ourselves…”, he began with his familiar reticence, “I have gotten word of your encounter with Sanada Misao. Your drive, your ambition, your relentless pace and disregard for secrecy? Such pride and thirst for glory combined with a loud mouth? Such arrogance only has one end, especially for our kind…fire and blood

The Fist gulped.

“Why are you telling me this?”

“I was only a bit older than you are now when I was given control of our clan,” Masayuki began, “My first day in power was witnessing a massacre and being left alive more out of how pitiful I was than any mercy. My brother did not think me worth finishing and did not think my ability worth healing myself from the brink of death.”

He emptied his pipe over the side of the carriage and then placed it in his robe’s breast pocket.

“He was wrong…on both accounts.”

It was Sanshiro’s turn to laugh but he was surprised when his uncle responded to his chuckle by smacking him upside the head. Gentle Masayuki glared daggers at his prodigial nephew who rubbed the back of his head where he had struck him.

“Owwww! What was that for?!”

“For you to take me seriously! Do you not get why we’re here? Why I have instructed every Sanada since we’ve partnered with Konoha to remain indescript and low key? Because power begets power. Force forces force. You have Masakage’s attention and a conflict between you two is inevitable…”

“And why the fuck is that?”

“Ego. Greed. Ambition. Talent,” Masayuki scoffed, “A dangerous combination in a near invincible body. You and Masakage both share these traits in equal doses.”

Fist thought for a moment…could he really be like Masakage? No. He couldn’t be…but then again he was barely a man and his image of Masakage was one that he could barely articulate. At one point he had been a brother and son to the clan…it was ambition and thirst for power that had caused him to turn his hand and abilities on his brother and father. Could Fist be so consumed with pride and glory that he would kill his own family to achieve it? Of course not! But was that really true? Fist had destroyed countless families and brought grief to hundreds…thinking his family was different was just him being selfish.

Wait! He was digressing!

“I’m nothing like Masakage.”

“How can you say? You have gotten to where you are by destroying all trials and obstacles in your way, from mafia families to direct orders from your clan head…”, he offered, “I haven’t always liked the latter. Your work is world renowned, your name and abilities spoken of in awe throughout the country. Masakage never hesitates, he exhibits no restraint...he's unconventional and unpredictable. He will see you as an affront. He will not take you calling him out lightly.”

He finally finished with finality.

“Masakage will seek you out and he will attempt to end your life, his own ego compels him to snuff out your flame. He is a demon incapable of letting anything slide,” he gripped Sanshiro’s shoulder, “You need to know the gravity of the situation. You need to know what you’re facing.”

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-10-2018 at 02:38 AM..
Old 02-10-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Ain't that funny though? You older Sanada always telling me what I need to know and a bunch of other bullshit that doesn't really matter. The die against Masakage was cast long before I was born. I'm just finishing what he started. You know that and I know that."

The statement said nothing at all and yet The Fist said it like it said everything. That was him in a nut shell though, wasn't it? Loud and abrasive and rough around the edges. Sanshiro did not operate in the realm of forethought or planning, he never had and he never would. He was a being of instinct and passion, a shinobi savant and a living weapon. The Sanada were not always shinobi and Sanshiro was among the first generation born and raised entirely within the walls of Konoha. He had always been public with his use of the bloodline, rejecting of the Sanada secrecy and a traitor to the will of the clan at the expense of the clan on more than one occasion.

"Spoken like a true child. Speaking of decisions you don't know and of stakes you can barely comprehend. You think you and all your pride and bravado is enough to go against the most talented and devious warrior we've ever produced?"

"And yet you come to me for help--"

"I come to help you! Don't you see? This man, my own brother, has cost me my father and corrupted both my sons--one beyond saving. He's taken everything from us and will not stop until we are eliminated or only have him to turn to! He's worked towards this goal relentlessly since Sound has fallen, maybe even before, I know it."

"And yet you've stood aside for years! Just like you would've stood aside and let those beasts take Konoha unaware!"

At this point the clan head openly scoffed at his young nephew. That was a major contention between the clan and The Fist. During a dinner meeting with all adult members of the clan The Fist and his family were told of Masakage's potential involvement within the invasion and of encounters between Seijirou and Genjirou...Masayuki's two sons. It was Fist's action of going public with everything--Seijirou's involvement with a missing-nin, the true nature of the beast hybrids that had lead to the teenagers estrangement. Speaking so frankly to the clan head right as he re-entered clan life was the definition of reckless.

"Who are you kidding boy? Me or yourself?", at this point his clan head began packing his pipe delicately with tobacco again, Sanshiro hadn't even noticed him taking it out, "So noble of you, so selfless and righteous of the great and powerful Fist?"

"What the hell do you mean by that old timer?"

"What I mean is that it wasn't your nobility or your righteousness or your honor or your concern for your friends and comrades that forced your hand and caused you to disobey a direct order at the cost of your family," said Masayuki with a certain casualness, "It was your ego. Your hubris. Your thirst for glory and acknowledgement and acceptance. It's your weak mind and even weaker spirit. You need to be the hero. You need to be loved. And you will do anything to achieve those goals."

Fist stared silently at the road ahead as he gripped the horses reigns. The road was ending soon, a gigantic mountain chasm staring ahead of them at the horizon. Was what his uncle saying true? Sanshiro didn't know. He couldn't say with enough certainty that it wasn't.

"That ain't fucking true..."

But he didn't sound confident and Masayuki picked right up on it.

"Really? Because the story of your life says otherwise Sanshiro. Number one rookie, Chuunin exam champion, village hero and Jounin by seventeen. A neon green hoodie. You've been seeking attention since birth and that was just another form of it...", the clan head once again scoffed, "You doing anything for glory and to be the hero."

"You and my dad both on this shit since I was twelve fucking years old--it ain't about my personal glory! It's about doing good!"

"What good did you do in Seigyoto? Butchering innocent people. Men, women, children--defenseless men and women that did nothing but what your ancestors did for a generation and try and live free..." Masayuki stared ahead with a somber expression in his eyes, "You butchered a village on bad intelligence from a corrupt government without even batting an eye...for what purpose other than personal glory?"

"It was a mission...it wasn't personal...I didn't feel proud. There was no glory."

"And yet you seem very happy to have been given that Jounin vest. The Hokage must be pleased his new pet likes cheap treats."

And it was at this point that Fist did something exceptionally reckless...

He swung at his uncle and clan head while operating a horse drawn carriage. Hitting the older Sanada square in the jaw. A brief struggle ensued that ended with the two Sanada, uncle and nephew, wrestling off of their seats and unto the ground next to the carriage. They sprouted multiple limbs and wrestled and scrapped for what seemed to be three minutes or so before Masayuki got the upper hand and pinned his nephew down on the floor, tying all eight of his limbs into a very complicated knot.

Fist tapped. His uncle untied him and they both got on the carriage and continued traveling towards their destination.

They didn't speak for fifteen minutes before Sanshiro finally broke the silence.

"You could've just called me an asshole in Konoha, I don't have to travel halfway across the country for you to do it, y'know?"

"Life tip? Next time a superior is lecturing you--just take it, don't punch them in the face. It doesn't help your case."

"Smartest shit you've said all day, but you have your ways and I have mine--let's not judge each other too harshly."

It was at this point Masayuki's eyes twinkled...

"Now you're getting why I asked you to come with me. Now you're understanding my bigger point."

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-10-2018 at 03:26 AM..
Old 02-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #4
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Imma be honest unc, this is a crazy ass roller coaster ride of a conversation."

His uncle laughed hard again, twice as much as before and this time Fist followed suit. A hand was placed on his shoulder and Masayuki smiled his familiar, tenative and gentle smile.

"You are not Masakage, Sanshiro. That much is obvious to anyone who truly knows you...", the elder Sanada paused, "But he is just as much of your uncle as I and my twin brother. You have a lot of Masakage in you purely in your talent and your, eh, independent tendencies. Your latest display though proved your character enough for me. I believe your father when he tells me you've changed."

"And how do you know that? I just decked you in the mouth..."

"I know because you held back," the Sanada's eyes twinkled and he lit his pipe with a snap of his finger, "You're stronger than me Sanshiro and we're alone. You could take control of this story, overpower your reticent and cautious uncle--but you didn't. You got in your blow but you yielded and gave up in a fight you could've made a lot more than just an embarrassing wrestling match I imagine we shall never speak of again. Especially to your father or my wife."

It was Fist's turn to laugh.

He thought of his father's words to him when he invited him back into the clan when he was told that the destiny of the Sanada would be soon tied directly to his achievements whether he desired to or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanada Shinji
"Me and you are two different men Sanshiro--and thank the lord for that, but it goes without saying. I, due to having more than two brain cells, will not agree with everything you do...but part of being a man is having conviction. Stupid? I can deal with stupid. Spineless? I have no place for that, not in my family and especially not in my son. You made a decision you thought was right and you stand by it--I can respect that, if nothing else."
He could sense what Masayuki was saying.

"We're both Sanada..."

"And a Sanada alone is a terrible thing," he sighed, "I have made mistakes due to fear, that much is certain and it is now in my late age, decades after that initial duel that I realize the cost of my caution. Genjirou and Seijirou, my two precious and foolish, foolish boys forced to take upon burdens that I should've taken myself."

But of course he couldn't have shared any of that with his sons and Fist knew exactly why. The Sanada had been a reclusive people with strict rules of secrecy ingrained into them since birth. To be a Sanada was to have no attachment to your physical skeletons but religious reverence for the skeletons in their closet.

"I need you Sanshiro. I need your passion, I need your strength and skill, I need your loyalty and optimism and I need your confidence and drive," Masayuki said with finality, "The time for secrecy is done. The time for transparency is now...stop, we're here."

But here looked remarkably like a dead end. A mountain wall at the end of the cavernous valley Masayuki had lead him through, the elder Sanada got off his seat and went to the wall...a strange mark on it: a single hand with eight fingers instead of five.

"What...?"

"A crude security measure, but one any Sanada adult should be able to do," Masayuki raised his hand and three more fingers sprouted out of his hand matching the imprint in the mountain perfectly, "Heh. Still after all these years...the old ways still survive Sanshiro."

A surge of chakra went through the mountain wall and an illusion that seemed anciently laid was dispelled revealing a doorway to a tunnel.

"It's on the otherside...?"

"Yes...the home of your ancestors...the home we were forced to abandon."

Fist paused for a moment and approached his uncle, placed his hand on his shoulder and then stealthily sprouted a hand from his chest that weaseled it's way to his uncle's pipe, stole it and placed it in his mouth.

The Fist inhaled the pipe deeply and his uncle had a look of shock on his face...

"Let's go see gramps."

The look of shock turned to a smile...

"Let's, but don't get too comfortable, I am the clan head here," he grimaced, "That means give me back my pipe."

It was Sanshiro's turn to laugh as he handed the pipe back and then proceeded to skip down the tunnel.

To the home of his ancestors...

And all the baggage that came with him coming back to it.

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-12-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Old 02-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Sanshiro did not know what he had expected of the old Sanada compound.

He didn't think it had a name not even when it had been thriving--a secretive place for a seclusive people. Those with kekkei genkai had always been persecuted and often indentured to their home villages out of a needed protection from outside forces. The Sanada bloodline could not be stolen by conventional means and the Sanada had never been scared of the shinobi world. Still, they had lived a secretive life--one of his Great Aunts would often talk about the apple orchards and live stock. They had warriors but they would fight for their own protective needs and profit and not on the beck and call of a shinobi village.

The old Sanada had seemed mythic but their homeland was so very plain.

The fields had long been razed and abandoned, the buildings looked burnt out and abandoned, skeletons of basic and humble architecture. Was this how his kind had lived for so long? Stuck in this small village hidden behind an illusion mountain wall. It was nothing compared to Konoha or Metsubishi. If Masayuki had intended to stun Fist...the gesture had fallen short.

"Your father may romanticize it to you now but he didn't think much of the old compound when he was living here either...he would leave, often," he smiled, "Such was the old way, we were mostly free to come and go...as long as we kept our powers secret."

It was at this point Masayuki smiled at Fist and the reason was obvious.

Fist had never kept his bloodline secret and combined with his quick mastery of it that had caused many secrets of the Sanada to be public knowledge. When he had become Chuunin it had caused for several of his clansmen to leave the field and the academy for fear of persecution. He had simply gotten bolder as his career went on.

"I imagine you would've struggled with this even then but maybe having a longer leash, a freedom that you don't currently possess without the blood on your hands...", the old Sanada seemed wistful, "Perhaps you would be different. I don't know if better or worse. I think about that often when I try to connect with Seijirou...to be educated as a shinobi changes the way you think..."

"That's stupid," Fist finally offered,"Everything Seijirou isn't makes him everything he is. Sanada Misao spoke of the same stuff, like Sanada who serve Leaf aren't real Nada, that we don't have the same spirit as the old guard."

He grimaced...

"Fuck the old guard. It was their way that got us to where we are now. Let's try something different..."

"Something different? Joining the shinobi has always been the old answer and the old fear. The old Sanada put their freedom above that safety."

"You know what the answer would've been?"

Masayuki's eyes piqued up as he stared at his nephew quizzically.

"You winning that duel...but you lost and we're here now. I'm just as much Nada as you. You wear that Leaf emblem as well, least you forget."

"Trust me Sanshiro, I don't forget either of those things you just said."

And now Fist felt bad. Still they wandered through the skeleton of a village with a certain trepidation and silence and obvious mourning and respect. Fist's was slightly feigned but everywhere he went he saw the ghosts of his families past and just like Masayuki said he pictured another Sanshiro growing up. Who would he be if he wasn't a shinobi? What would he have been impassioned by if he didn't have battle? Where would he be at seventeen if at twelve he hadn't been forced into this physical, mental and spiritual struggle that was being a super soldier assassin for hire?

It was hard to say.

"I cannot lie to you Sanshiro, an old man is nothing without his regrets," his uncle said somber once more, "Today is my father's birthday. He was a mysterious and strong man...I thought him immortal..."

He took another large drag of his pipe and then emptied it putting it in his breast pocket once more.

"I didn't even know his real age when he died."

The Sanada graveyard was just as humble as the village itself, smaller graves surrounding a large pagoda--a verifiable mausoleum of the old clan heads and elders.

There lied Sanada Seijin, the one who had heard the prophecy, the one that had lost. If the sight of the village hadn't stunned Fist, the sight of the grave of his deceased grandfather whom he had heard of only in story had. He and Masayuki approached with trepidation...

"Fist! You are not alone!"

Hinoken, Fist's magical sentient blade that could sense chakra spoke to him with a warning and both Fist and Masayuki turned around with a quickness and with no further instruction.

The shadowy figure in front of them belonging to the obvious...

"Hello brother...it has been so long."

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 02-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #6
Bukowski
The People's Champ

To say that Fist was surprised to see Sanada Masakage right before him would be an understatement but as the Sanada traitor stood in front of the Sanada clan head and the Sanada prodigy there was a moment of silence and awkwardness as Sanshiro blinked at his uncle.

Masakage radiated power.

The Sanada traitor stood the same height as his twin brother, an impressive 6'6" and they shared similar features--but that was where the likeness between the twin brothers ended. Masayuki exhibited traditional Sanada traits of raven hair and fair skin while Masakage's skin was black as coal and his hair a light gray bordering on white. His form was lithe and skinny, like a panther ready to burst, long limbed and wiry. His clothes were similar to his brothers, the same black robe with the Sanada symbol on the back--it made sense Masakage was the clan head of his faction and he portrayed himself as such. Red eyes met Sanshiro's green for a moment before transfixing unto his brother.

"What the hell is he doing here!"

Masakage laughed, a icy high pitched squeal of a laugh that sent a shiver down Sanshiro's spine. Masayuki retained his composure...

"You didn't tell him? You are your father's son Yuki-chan."

"Until the day that I die."

"Poor choice of words."

And Masayuki had the audacity to laugh. Really? In the face of the man he had just told Fist to beware of the entire time? The two sons of Seijin laughed as if they had never been separated. As if a decades long conflict that spanned blood and betrayal, fathers and sons, brothers and uncles and nephews.

"I did tell you that conflict with Masakage was inevitable Sanshiro, forgive the secrecy, we both have our methods as you said before--try not to judge," his uncle spoke to him finally, "Twenty-one years ago, right after my brother aligned with Hidden Sound he sent me a letter inviting me to a rematch at my father's grave on his funeral day."

Masakage laughed again--that damnable high pitched psychopathic super villain laugh.

"Are you fucking serious? Why the fuck did we come here today then? That's fucking stupid!"

The laughter persisted...

"To be honest I didn't expect him to be here after twenty-one years."

"A liar and a coward?"

"What can I say Kage-kun? You caught me. I knew you'd be here. I knew exactly what I was doing by showing up on today of all days."

"The shinobi have rubbed off on you brother," he laughed again, "Father would be proud."

Masayuki's demeanor changed very quickly and out of his sleeves slipped out two spears--hidden from before or formerly part of his flesh, Sanshiro was uncertain. He recognized his uncle's stance though, the Dance of the Devil, the Yomi no Boyou. Masakage stayed calm and cool, no fighting stance at all.

"Don't I know it, brother...", his eyes shifted to Sanshiro, "Do you feel this Sanshiro?"

Heh.

"You know I do."

Hinoken was unsheathed and Sanshiro found himself in the form taught to him by the samurai Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko the Iron Tower. A bastardized form of Senryaku-Do concealing the genjutsu shinobi sword style of Onigokko Kenjutsu.

"There is a city that this darkness can't hide, there are the embers of a fire that's gone out but I can still feel the heat on my skin," his uncle was closer now to Masakage within lunging distance if he really wanted to, "Sanshiro, maybe you and I can still make it right. We can bring back the light."

And if Fist really thought about it he would note that his uncle Masakage was speaking to his uncle Masayuki a lot like Masayuki had been speaking to The Fist. That just as Masakage criticized his brother's allegiance and Masayuki questioned Fist's loyalty--Masayuki and Fist were grouped together by bond of blood and geography. Masakage stood to destroy their way of life and neither Masayuki or Sanshiro could let that stand.

Masayuki lunged forward and Sanshiro followed suit...

But Masakage was too quick for his uncle and he seemed to sense Sanshiro's blow before it had even been let loose. He had a foresight and combat instinct that rivaled the best that Sanshiro had faced and Sanshiro had faced the best. The seventeen year old felt another shiver go down his spine, this time of anticipation rather than fear. Battle was a familiar friend.

Masayuki stabbed, Masakage weaved, Fist slashed, Masakage ducked and with quick succession he hit Masayuki with a blow to the knee that collapsed the Sanada head to the ground before the traitor twisted his torso a full 180 degrees and hit Fist with a vicious open palm upper cut to the chin that sent Sanshiro to the ground and scrambling away quickly.

His uncle was following suit breathing heavily.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Masakage sucked his teeth and shook his head with disappointment, "The best that the Sanada of Leaf have to offer. How low the mighty have fallen--to be crippled by a vagabond and a criminal. Father would be proud. Our ancestors would be proud."

And he laughed again...

That diabolical super villain psychopathic completely right and validated laugh.

Fist wanted nothing more than to shut him up.

"Told you that you and him were a lot alike, even down to the annoying voice."

"Twins fucking suck."

"Don't I know it, nephew."

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-15-2018 at 09:29 PM..
Old 02-16-2018, 02:03 AM   #7
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanada Masakage
“No, father… You are the betrayer. You kept enduring this miserable life and imposed it our clansmen, just because you’re a coward. I’m simply taking over your role as leader of this family, to lead our people to the destiny they deserve. One of glory and power… You and Masayuki have always been weak, it’s about time the Sanada were led by someone with guts. Farewell…”
When Masayuki had heard Masakage speak those words all those years ago he almost believed him.

For years the Sanada had lived in secrecy and imposed upon themselves the strictest of rules and guidelines for living among their members. Even more so than they did today while present in Konoha itself. At the time the threat of the shinobi was too much. Within Mist the shinobi possessing the kekkei gekkai were persecuted and slaughtered. Such was the lot of those whose chakra was buried within their very genetics. The Sanada had avoided this--but at what cost? A humble and secluded life. A gilded cage protecting it's denizens with an apple orchard and livestock

Fist's father had romanticized the old ways and his uncle Masayuki had spoken of how they stood up over time. He thought of Masakage and his coup which included the murder of his father and the razing of his ancestral home.

In with the new and out with the old, am I right?

Masayuki and The Fist circled the traitor to the Sanada with a different kind of trepidation and respect than they had approached the graveyard with. Hinoken changed with a burst of chakra and went from a 20 inch shortsword to a 28 inch long sword with an edge of pure fire. Two hands burst out of his chest and formed a hand seal.

Both of his uncles, his uncle Masayuki with his two spears in hand and his uncle Masakage with his hands in his pockets sprouted two extra limbs as well forming singular hand seals.

The Sanada circled with caution and awareness of one another for a very long time. A Sanada duel could last hours or seconds depending on the jutsu slung and the chakra consumed in healing themselves. All three masters of the Sanada style of jutsu stood toe to toe for an instant glaring at one another.

Both he and his uncle, the one he wasn't trying to kill, looked at one another in their eyes and through skill and experience communicated wordlessly. It was the truest testament to Masayuki's ability and mastery--Fist had only seen such fluid communication and teamwork with his mission with the Dragon Emperor.

I attack?

No. Chaos is his friend. We move as one, quickly, seize the moment and stay in it.

A sign?

No need. You'll know. We have one shot to win.

Through furitive glances and shakes of the head Sanshiro and Masayuki formulated their plan. Masakage for his part stood patient and played his character to a t.

He yawned.

The moment!

A single hand seal was all that was needed for Sanshiro's free left hand to burst into a flame. The chidori imitator Katon:Go. Fist slashed with his sword and once again Masakage took a step back and Fist followed up with a piercing movement right towards his evil uncle's chest.

A quick spin move got Masakage away from The Fist's assault...

"We got him!"

Masakage had fallen directly into their trap and had gotten skewered by two of Masayuki's spears. One to the leg and one the chest--it wasn't enough to kill him but it could keep him still enough for Fist to get in a blow with Seido Kobushi and finish off his uncle in dramatic fashion.

"N-no--"

"Yes!"

Too late did Sanshiro realize that Masakage was the one who had entrapped both his uncle and not the other way around. Masakage was finishing handseals as the spear was pierced through his body--his spare limbs allowing him full range of movement and combative familiarity while his newly formed hands went through the required seals. It had been one of Fist's first tactics that had separated him from his shinobi companions.

But it was being used by a master.

"Sagiri Yari no Jutsu!"

Four spears burst out of a smoke blob right over Masayuki's chest...

And drilled right through his uncle, blasting him backwards and pinning him in a bloody heap on the mausoleum of the former clan heads.

"UNC!"

"Pathetic."

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-16-2018 at 02:41 AM..
Old 02-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #8
Bukowski
The People's Champ

I was twelve years old when I took my first life...

Could my life had been different? My uncle seemed to think so.

But how was I supposed to know better?

And how can I be better now that I know now?

In a normal situation Fist wouldn't have showed a moments hesitation and he would've simply assaulted Masakage without holding back any quarter or jutsu. He didn't though. He paused with Hinoken still held up high and he gazed at Masakage's tall form which walked towards the seventeen year old boy with a studious expression on his face. Sanshiro saw shadows of his own features. Of his sisters and his cousins. The blood of Seijin ran deep and the Celestial Body was relentless in his efficiencies.

All three had been shaped and colored by it.

"The Fist," he said with too much familiarity in that high pitched bellow that reached Sanshiro's core, "We meet at last."

"Masayuki said that you would say some shit like that."

"Now, now nephew, is that any way to speak to your elder?", he giggled, "Your reputation for rudeness and skill proceed you, you may even be as strong as I was at your age. Poor Misao still hasn't recovered."

His uncle approached him arms still lowered but his formed limbs retracting back into his billowy black robes. He wasn't ready for combat, he was ready for conversation. What was Sanshiro ready for? Masakage had dodged every blow both he and Masayuki had sent his way. He had destroyed his clan head uncle in an instant and had murdered his grandfather years ago. He wasn't someone to be trifled with. He wasn't someone who could be beaten with ease...

Now I ain't ever ran from a ninja...

And I damn sure ain't bout to pick today to start running.

His uncle got near enough and Sanshiro swung his flaming sword at his uncle feebly, his uncle shifted his feet and dodged the blow with ease. Sanshiro tried to punch at him again and Masakage dodged with such fluidity it seemed like he knew what Fist was going to throw before hand.

"I'll give you this Fist, you have a hunger...you're just like me when I was younger."

"Masayuki said some shit like that too..."

Sanshiro managed to grunt in between blows before Masakage rocked him with a hard left and then a vicious leg sweep. Hinoken flew in the air and into the renegade heir's hand lazily.

"Nice sword,"
he threw the blade casually aside and stepped towards the prone Sanada prodigy, "I had dreams just like you of dying like a martyr in a blaze of glory...you know what I've found boy? A small nugget of wisdom."

"Fuck you!"

Masakage kicked the Fist in the face with a strong ferocity enough to knock his aviator glasses far off his face.

"Dying is easy boy, living is harder."

It was Fist's turn to laugh...

"It's pretty fucked up though, ain't it? You giving me life advice when you're about to kill me?"

"I don't want to kill you Fist, you know that and I know that you know that...so let us not play games," he said with a smile, "Me killing Masayuki is prophecy. He will bring the downfall of the Sanada. I have no quarrel with you, second son of a third son--this isn't your story. This fights not yours. You can't win."

Fist grunted at his uncle at that but he couldn't deny it--the man had yet to fire another jutsu at him and although he still hovered the prone Sanshiro. The prone Sanshiro who stayed on the ground with his four arms and his half a brain trying to figure out a plan.

"Prophecy? Give me a fucking break!"

"Heh. You really know nothing of your heritage, unsurprisingly. Our father, your grandfather was given a prophecy from his sister--he would have twin boys, one who would follow his teachings and one whom would betray him. One who would cause the clan's downfall. I believe Masayuki is that son."

Fist laughed again...

"You gotta be kidding! You killed Seijin! You forced us to Leaf, you caused the clans downfall!"

Masakage kicked Fist again.

"I have kept true to the old ways! My people and followers are not subservient to any village! Glory awaits us and it is the Celestial Body divinely ordained and gifted to us at birth that is our contract and right of conquest! The Sanada are not meant to be hidden from the shinobi world or subservient to it--we are meant to rule it! From the shadows and with fear! In the public with otherworldly displays of unstoppable force!"

Masakage was a nut. A total fucking loon. No village? That meant him and his followers were homeless. Ruling from the shadows with fear? A myth purveyed and propagated by the powerless. Power begot power. Force forced force and it demanded attention.

It was impossible to truly rule from the background...

One could only make suggestions.

"You're fucking bat diarrhea, shit doesn't even qualify..."

Masakage kicked him again--but this time Fist grabbed the leg and sprouted a big spike from his palm stabbing directly into Masakage's Achilles. Sanshiro scampered away very quickly as his uncle got on one knee for an instant, picking up his sword and then working his way into a fighting stance. His uncle got up fully healed with nothing to show for the wound Sanshiro had inflicted beyone a bloody sock.

"I missed you Fist."

"Can't say I believe you...", he whispered as he stared down Masakage who began approaching Fist again with a steady walk...this time sprouting two extra limbs, "3 should do it."

"What?"

Sanshiro pointed Hinoken with one hand and with his three others he reached out normally and focused his chakra in them. A lot of chakra. Too much chakra.

His uncle stopped and smiled at him, a large smile, he didn't laugh. Sanshiro was thankful for that...

"Fist...,"
he said with that grin plastered to his face, "You are amazing!!!"

When you're right you're right...

I just hope it holds out...

My signature finisher...

Tri-Sengan: Triple Rasengan Fist Special!!!

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-17-2018 at 08:53 PM..
Old 02-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
Bukowski
The People's Champ

He'd seen this face in the shadows, he'd seen Masakage's eyes in the places he wasn't meant to be.

He had heard his father whisper about him, he'd seen the men in his clan smoke cigars and contemplate the future, he'd seen the women lock their doors at night. The Sanada traitor was someone that struck fear into all his kinsman's heart and hearing what Masakage spoke of in terms of prophecy made that make all the more sense.

There was something otherworldly of his uncle as he stopped and stared at Sanshiro whose three hands were wielding the signature jutsu of the 4th Hokage and whose other arm wielded a magical flaming sword. Was he not Masakage's ambition fully formed? The Sanada bloodline honed to the top of the shinobi world and capable of going against even the most powerful Sennin or Kage.

Masakage stared at Fist with a pride his uncle and father never had...

"You're Shinji's son? My sweet little brother has done well in producing you...", he smiled as he approached Fist casually, "Do my kin still speak of me with fondness? What do they say?"

And what did they say?

They said his eyes were on fire, that he'd kill another man for walking the wrong side of the line.

"My family says a lot of foolish shit, in the end the only words I believe in are mine..."

"And what do you say...?"

Sanshiro raised his sword to Masakage's eyes, the three Rasengans on a hair trigger in his hands as his evil uncle approached him.

"That you're gonna have to do better than fear for me, you're gonna have to step outta the shadows and fight!"

And Masakage obliged and obliged in such a fashion it shocked Fist, with a burst of speed the Sanada Grandmaster lunged at his nephew--speeding through his own hand seals and filling the air with 1000 chirping birds...

Chidori!? You gotta be fucking kidding me...

It's too good to be true...

He fell for it!

Masakage reached Sanshiro in an instant plunging his hand into The Fist's chest...

"Oh?"

"Got you!"

It was Onigokko Kenjutsu, a jutsu within a jutsu that had caused him to get the upperhand in this skirmish. Alternating his true location by a foot to the left of where he initially appeared to Masakage. The result was obvious with the weakness of the Chidori technique--Masakage was vulnerable and Sanshiro did not hesitate this time. Hitting the elder Sanada flush on the left side with all three of the Rasengans while slashing at his gut.

Masakage flew an impressive distance and blood covered Sanshiro's body. The Sanada couldn't hesitate any longer...he did not rush Masakage but instead to the the body of Masayuki.

Pinned to the mausoleum originally Masakage's smoke spears had long faded and Sanshiro could see the Celestial Body quick at work on his uncles body, sealing the massive hole in his chest.

"Man...he really fucked you up..."

"J-j-just a flesh wound," his uncle sputtered, "Leave me Sanshiro. Finish the job."

"I just hit that fool with three Rasengans and slashed his chest unc, he's fucking gone."

And then that laugh filled the area again, too quick for the damage that Sanshiro had given it.

Masakage was up again, healing his wounds as he stumbled and lumbered towards the mausoleum...

"What the fuck..."

"You see what I told you? Y-you see what you're up against?", Masayuki gasped, "The Celestial Body is something that me and you both had to learn. For Masakage it is who he is. None has pushed it as far as him, not before or since."

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 03-12-2018 at 11:07 PM..
Old 02-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #10
Bukowski
The People's Champ

He recovered too quickly and he's still fighting...

I wouldn't be still fighting after that...

This man is a monster!

Masayuki's own chakra was being spent healing the gaping wound in his chest, normally fatal but the Celestial Body was quick at work--Fist had recovered from such blows before and he knew the cost of chakra would likely render his uncle completely incapacitated afterwards.

"How much longer for you...?"

"Two...three minutes..."

Too much time, too much time...

"Leave me Sanshiro...leave and tell Seijirou the clan falls to him now. Y-y-you will need to help him, his reputation is tarnished...but you cannot let us lose. You cannot let us die."

"Shut the fuck up Unc," Fist grimaced, "And call me the muthafuckin' Fist."

"What? Don't be a fool!"

But Fist could not stop and he wouldn't stop, placing his thumb in his mouth and biting down fiercely before going through a familiar series of hand seals. This was a contract he had signed right after returning from Sand with Hitoko. A heroes contract. A deal with a powerful family that would take the Sanada to the very skies...

"Shut up uncle and thank me later," he grunted, "This guy is a pain in the ass but he's the best I can do."

And as Masakage lumbered towards him Fist completed his seals and a large poof of smoke took over the area.

Kuchiyose no Shitou!

Shitou was light grey and the size of a small house, immediately taking up the area and flapping his majestic wings causing debris to fly everywhere. Even Masakage, stumbling and half healed as he looked was forced to take a knee in reverence to the brother of the Eagle clan boss.

"Fist-kun! You have summoned Shitou! The brother to the grand and unquestioned patriarch Karai! His will is my command and my talons and wings an extension of his own--point me towards a foe and I will slay them! Point me to an obstacle and it will be handled!"

Masakage gasped with adoration and then laughed in ecstasy...

"The prestigious Eagle family! Summons loyal to no village! You're full of surprises Fist,"he grinned while still gripping his side, "You are a true testament to the Sanada. To the power of the Celestial Body. Reconsider your actions. Forsake your loyalty to Konoha and come to me!"

"Fist? Is this the knave you need to be handled? Just issue the command--nay! Unnecessary! Simply point towards him and that will be sign enough! One slash of my talon, one grip and I will take him to the sun itself to burn! Heaven itself would not be able to hold back the power of the great Shirai!"

Fist shook his head and looked towards his uncle, not Masakage, Masayuki. Wounded and battered. His embittered clan head. The Sanada who had surrendered. The man Sanada who was subjugated. The twin brother that none wanted...

His leader.

His family.

"Unc," he whispered, "Shirai will take you to a small cottage, the same place I did my sword training. I will be there shortly. I am gonna finish this."

Masayuki shook his head...

"No Sanshiro, you're too young, you're too important. We need you alive! Son, I need you alive!"

At this Fist smiled as he grabbed the broken man and placed him on the eagle's back. He nodded to Shirai who looked at Sanshiro questioningly but thankfully, for once, did not bother to verbalize his questioning. Giving the obnoxious regal eagle credit--he understood the gravity of the situation.

"Move quickly Shirai, this guy is almost heal--"

"Are you positive Fist-san? Taking a fiend like this on your own is foolish! Taking to the skies and he will not be able to beat--"

"Don't worry about me Unc, Regal Eagle," Fist said with finality, "Y'know what Sanada say to the God of Death? Not today."

The eagle laughed and his uncle nodded...

"See you on the other side Sanshiro."

"You already know--now go! Quickly!"

And with a few flaps of his wings Shirai and Sanada Masayuki were simply specks on the horizon and Sanada Sanshiro was left alone with Sanada Masakage. In a graveyard in the same place where Masakage had killed Fist's grandfather, his own father for the purpose of moving the Sanada forward.

Just The Fist and the strongest Sanada who had ever lived.

Face to face. Eye to eye.

Don of the Sanada Family

Last edited by Bukowski; 02-17-2018 at 10:36 PM..