iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #31
Bukowski
The People's Champ

This is bad...

I need to figure out a way to flip these odds but it seems that the only possible way is to leave things in the hands of the Naga Sengo...

At least he's appeared to be honest, rational and completely sane.

Sanosuke felt his legs shake underneath his weight and he felt his body feel both drowsy and woozy due to the after effects of utilizing the demonic chakra gifted to his family. It had allowed him to evade the ambush, it had pushed him to this point in the confrontation--but the Hiyoutori was gassed and tired as he stared at both Echo amongst the smoke and the large business like vulture making proclamations.

He placed both of his hands onto his sword, gripping it as his wrists shook and he tried his best to project an aura of intimidation and poise. His hair looked disheveled, his merchants clothing was far too big and his leg was coated with blood from the crossbow bolt he had taken earlier.

He looked at Echo directly...

I cannot leave with no information...

Who are these men working for?

What do they hope to gain?

The young man kept his blade in front of him, pointed at the vulture and Echo at the base of the tree, a child playing an adults game. A boy pretending to be a king. An upstart child of a Kage with far too much self importance. Sanosuke's whole body reeked of illusion and deception. The Seijuu prince was an image as much as he was a person. His true self destined to remain restrained...

His voice keeping up said illusion even as his body failed him.

"Who do you work for, mad man?" Sanosuke said his voice dripping with genjutsu again, "And why don't you tell me what it is you're planning? Not like we can stop you, right?"

Another gamble.

Sanosuke prayed it would both give him enough information to move forward...

And give Sengo an opening to attack.

OOC: Voice of Persuasion used on Echo, auditory Genjutsu, no visual trigger needed and what not! No Genjootsu training on the blind man so Sanosuke should be smooth as butter for 3 posts, if it counts for anything.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 03-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #32
merdle
Robot Admin

Sobyono watched as the kid boasted, and Sengo prepared for battle. Honestly, the bird was right, they really didn't need him there. If anything, he was just asking to get his ribs broken if he stepped into the fight again. That blind man, the Echo, was way too fast for either of them. Only that nutjob probably had a shot of taking him down.

"I really should be smarter than this," Sobyono said to the vulture, putting his sword over his shoulder.

But his sword wanted him to go in. Not in some creepy haunted blade sort of way. It was that kind of bloodlust that came from being completely unmatched, and knowing that this could be your very last fight.

Sobyono looked down at the fat vulture, whose eyes seemed to almost close in glee at the meat in his maw. Then he looked back up at the injured kid, and the wall of vultures in the distance.

"Wait up kid," He whispered as he stepped past the vulture and walked toward the fight. "Can't let you get fucked up alone."

The challenges made Echo noticeably bristle with anger. Even as the vultures above cackled and cawed, Echo flexed and looked ready to go in.

"You DARE defy the Claw!?" Echo shouted back at them, pointing, "You'll feel our revenge soon enough! Kumanoi will make sure of that!"

"That's enough, Echo. You've stalled them long enough." Said a familiar voice. In the trees, next to the large business vulture, was No Name. He was wearing a dark camo cloak over his usual loose dress shirt. It had spots made up of black and grays. He held a cap with one hand. "Well well well, if it isn't you again. How is your little friend, necromancer? She barely survived our last encounter."

No name laughed, and the vultures joined him in laughter.

"Echo, take care of the soundlings, I'll fight this one." Then a smile spread across No Name's face as he began to make handseals, then pointed an arm out toward Sengo. Twin-tendrils of black smoke launched out of his sleeve, sharp-tips hurtling toward him.

Meanwhile, Echo nodded at the command, then charged toward Sanosuke and Sobyono. His palm was ready to strike the Seijuu like he did Sobyono earlier, counting on his sheer speed to make the blow land.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:33 AM   #33
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The voice rang so familiar in Sengo’s ear. The way it sounded, the mannerisms the man used, the tone of the speech ringing out of the mouth of the mysterious man rung out in his soul. It was the man from before, no doubt about it. This was Sengo’s destiny and he would not allow it to escape a second time. Even the cackling of the large birds could not dampen the sound of the man he was now facing down.

Despite a different uniform it was no doubt the man that Sengo faced previous with Anzu and despite his escape, Sengo had a good run for his money when it came to the mans skills. From what he can remember he was an avid user of the smoke ninjutsu and he would play against that.

Of course his thoughts were confirmed as tendrils of dark smoke billowed out of the sleeves of the man. The tendrils moved in an artificial fashion, fluid and weirdly precise. Taking no time to allow for the man to get the upper hand; Sengo responded with his own attack.

Sifting through hand signs Sengo was able to conjure a wall of smoke that stopped the smoky attack in its tracks. Within that same moment Sengo did not falter and with a flurry of chakra Sengo created seven clones that popped out of the wall; Sengo among them as well. A total of eight Sengo’s rushed towards No name. However, the Naga was not done for he had also summoned another attack from behind No name where he had previously used his torrent of bones.

Summoning up six fangs from the attack that leveled out a part of the forest he flung them towards No Name, each of the teeth growing to the size of daggers.

It was a pincer attack and Sengo still had his Infliction activated. If No Name would dodge the attack he would use the distraction to hopefully land a punch.

Last edited by Cayuga; 03-28-2018 at 08:44 AM..
Old 04-01-2018, 02:38 AM   #34
Bukowski
The People's Champ

I won't lose...

I can't lose!!!

The haze of battle was beginning to take full control of the Seijuu's mind and the withdrawal of Bakuto's influence combined with the pumping of adrenaline really left him stunted. He felt the familiar comfort of fear. Sanosuke had never been a talented ninja. Slow and clumsy, unskilled in chakra, weak in sword play and only moderately talented in illusions. He was not brave. He was not charismatic. He was a poor leader and a sheep in wolf's clothing. Anyone who looked at him noted that.

Such was the legacy of the Niidame Otokage.

A craven and talent less weakling.

But Sanosuke had always found comfort in fear and power in it's embrace.

It was fear that allowed for the elk to escape the hunter's arrow. It was fear that granted the mother bear the ability to face any and all attackers. It was fear that allowed mothers to lift up tipped over wagons to save children. Fear was power. Fear was comforting and for a child of Sound...

Fear was constant.

The sound of battle, the flinging of jutsu--it all faded into the background of Sanosuke's mind and a tunnel vision appeared as he focused on the monster known as Echo. He was stronger than Sanosuke. Faster. More experienced and on paper--stronger than both himself and Sobyono combined.

But battles were not won on paper.

The Seijuu felt a tremble in his wrist, he lowered his blade to the side and breathed in a heavy breath.

Within the school of Chigatana no Kenbu there was a stance known simply as Muteikei--Shapeless. Sanosuke was too much of a student of the style to have mastered the stance and any master of said style would note that there were obvious flaws in his body placement. The goal of the Muteikei stance was simple--appeared vulnerability disguised invulnerability. An impenetrable defense and the perfect way to counter any sort of move.

You have not mastered this stance...

You will fail.

You will be hit by his move.

Breathe.

Dig in your ankles.

Stand your ground...

Echo was at his guard before Sanosuke could blink and the same palm that rocketed into Sobyono rocketed into the Seijuu prince. Unlike the samurai he had expected the blow and to be taken down by it--the next steps would be the gamble itself, very risky and very much unlikely to work.

But if it did.

Sanosuke did not stand his ground and was knocked onto his feet or rather to one knee--it probably would've launched him just as it did his samurai compatriot if Sanosuke didn't do the second part of his plan (the first being taking Echo's blow directly): he stabbed the ground with his sword.

Or rather he attempted to stab his sword into Echo's foot, keeping the monster close to him now that he had already forced himself to close range. With Sanosuke on his knees and close to Echo, provided he couldn't get away in time, the third prong of the attack would begin...

Another technique of Chigatana no Kenbu--Zoukiteikyousha

Organ Donor, normally requiring an open wound to be successful.

As Sanosuke gripped and twisted towards his opponents groin--if his move was successful it would leave the crippled man even more so.

SHOW HIM WHO YOU ARE!!!

Of course both his time and his energy were running out. And as he felt his own chakra increase his speed exponentially to assist in making his attack a success he knew the risk he was taking. When his chakra ran out, he would temporarily lose his mobility and likely his life shortly after.

The fight needed to be finished.

Quickly.

OOC: Reduced Earth so +2 Speed for 2 posts!

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #35
merdle
Robot Admin

"So aggressive," No Name said as Sengo exploded from his smoke, "So predictable."

He made a few seals, and smoke solidified in the air around him, three shields of smoke around his head, a technique Sengo would have seen before. But two of the shields immediately moved to block the daggers coming from behind No Name, with one of them slipping past and slashing No Name on the shoulder.

The man's face twisted in anger as he looked over his shoulder and realized what had happened. Then he turned back to the charging Sengo's, his face falling back to cold disgust. He made a seal, put his finger to his mouth, and fired out many globs of smoke, spreading them across the approaching Sengo's.

---

Sobyono could see the kid's stupid plan as it unfolded. There wasn't a lot of time to make out details, and honestly his one working eye didn't make it any easier. The kid and him shared a fighting style though, and that let him read intent where the monster they were facing might just see... well who knew what he could see with that mask on.

Still, it let Sobyono move into position. He got his sword loose, and stepped to the side of the conflict. He wanted to make sure Echo didn't see him as the first threat. If he was lucky, he would never be seen as a threat at all.

Echo struck, his positioning avoiding the sword to the foot, but Sanosuke stayed in place regardless, and managed his counter strike. It was an impressive idea, even if it made Sobyono cringe. It made him want to kick the kid in the sack after they survived this.

Who was he kidding, he would have done worse.

There was a moment of recoil from Echo, a gasp of pain. That was the opening he was being given. Any normal human being would lay on the ground and just decide the fight was over, Echo wasn't normal though. He was a freak among freaks. As if the bird mask wasn't a clear enough indication.

Chigatana no Kenbu was loose, it was raw, it was swordplay with all the pretense ripped away. Ask any asshole from a Senryaku or Sakata kenjutsu school, and they would laugh at Chigatana. Up until they got their face handed to them in a basket while they were still trying to remember their kata.

See bad guy, cut bad guy, that was Chigatana. Make them bleed, make them suffer, make them weaker than you blow by blow even if they start out a god. If gods can bleed, then there is no better style to kill one than Chigatana no Kenbu.

Sobyono brought down his sword with all the strength he could muster. Echo's arm was still extended where he froze from Sanosuke's blow. In his mind's eye, Sobyono could see his sword go straight through, could see the loose remains of Echo's hand and wrist fall to the ground.

Instead there was a thick schlump as his blade stopped somewhere in the middle of Echo's bone.

Sobyono always forgot how hard bones are.

There was a loud screech from Echo, but before Sobyono could smile in appreciation of the blood spray from the wound, Echo's fist landed square in his face and he blacked out as his body crumpled.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #36
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

The sound of the attack landing made Sengo happy for the moment, however, there was not much else he could do as the smoke guard was something that Sengo knew was nearly perfect. However, he was able to defeat two out of the three guards and that would probably be enough for what he was hoping to do next. However, he would have to think on his feet as the pressured volley ball sized smoke came after him and his clones.

As the smoke came so did the clones. They all lined up protecting Sengo, nearly all of the smoke projectiles being intercepted. Being so close to No name was also an asset as the continuous smoke explosions filled the area with more and more smoke. Each clone adding to that barrage of smoky hazards. Within a few seconds the whole area would be filled with smoke. Sengo would be screwed if he couldn’t see within the smoke but as the smoke continued to hinder vision outside the area, Sengo could see clearly.

The chakra within his eyes allowed for a perfect vision and Sengo was hoping that the man would not expect such a tactic. However, as a smoke expert, it would be expected that the enemy would have the skill as well.

As all clones disappeared three of the smoke projectiles hit Sengo, two to the right shoulder and one to the left thigh. It stung and Sengo was almost positive his shoulder was nearly dislocated. However, he was rushing in with nothing stopping him.

Then he started hand signs and hopefully the man would not notice the small geckos rising from the ground to grasp at the man. These were not permanent chains to stop him from moving, instead to trip him just a little bit.

When he was within range of nine feet his speed went into a blur almost unseeable. By the time the smoke fully enclosed the fight Sengo hoped it would be over.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #37
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Don't let go you idiot!

Grab, twist, pull until you feel them squished and bloody in your hands...

You're gonna die any--

No!

Yes!

Resigned to taking the full power of Echo's blow it was with unparalleled time and a skilled seizing of opportunity that the samurai Sobyono appeared on the scene to get in the way and counter Echo's attack completely. Sanosuke was high off adrenaline and woozy off of both his use of Bakuto's chakra and the chakra currently pumping into his legs allowing him to move with something resembling combat speed.

"Yono you clever crippled bastard!", Sanosuke exclaimed as he lifted his own sword off the ground and flourished it to point it towards Echo as he lashed out on the samurai, "That's called earning a bonus!"

Without a doubt it was either the demon or the samurai rubbing off on the Seijuu Prince. He had become rougher around the edges and more prone to explosions of blood lust and brutality. This was a trademark of his current path with Donshoku was it not? An unwieldy and unyielding rage and anger that like a flame on a candle was capable of both lighting up a room and going out with a mere breath of air.

Sanosuke was playing with fire literally and figuratively.

Just as Sobyono had caught Echo by surprise, Sanosuke had taken advantage of the monster of Otogakaure bed time stories divvied up attention. The man was twisted towards Sobyono when he struck him and that's when Sanosuke stabbed forward with his sword...

Twisting upwards, below the fiends ribs and then upward to his heart, before pulling the sword out the opposite direction, ripping open the monster's chest cavity and causing a large amount of blood and gore to decorate the scene as the man collapsed...

Dead almost instantly, his heart still beating at the end of Sanosuke's sword, like some macabre kebab.

The Prince of Sound collapsed next to his unconscious mercenary companion, his sword arm out stretched and Echo's body next to him and Sobyono's prone form.

He was still awake, but weak and immobile, unable to see anything about the battle around him except the smoke.

OOC: 0 speed for 2 posts, Sanosuke is paralyzed yo, but received permission from Merd to take out Echo.

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-21-2018, 11:13 PM   #38
merdle
Robot Admin

In the instant Sengo moved to attack, he could see his opponent in the smoke. His eyes were also lit up, aware. His eyes were also piercing the smoke, and he was smiling with certainty as Sengo charged him. His fingers were going through handseals, that smile on his face.

Then Sengo activated his certain kill, and No Name's smile turned to a frown as the sword pierced his heart.

"...No... but how... my plans."

His body seized up, then his muscles relaxed as he coughed up too much blood. His eyes went dark, void of life.

---

Sanosuke's slash ripped open the chest of Echo, and the beast let out a roar of rage. His blood splattered across the battlefield, across Sanosuke, across Sobyono. His ruined hand reached up, but only in desperation.

He fell to his knees as his guts spilled out before him, a gurgling sound coming from behind his mask. Then he fell along with the boy that killed him.

---

The vultures that surrounded the fight were in a frenzy. Their voices rising into a cacophony.

"Killers! Fools! Dead men!" They cried out like a chorus.

Then their tone changed, a sort of calm coming over them.

"He's coming! He's coming!"

There was a sound coming from the treeline. Many bodies moving, like a small army of men approaching.

"He's coming!" The vultures cheered, "You're dead."
Old 04-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #39
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

He could leave, he could take the bear claw and leave, there was a moment that the Naga thought that if at least he survived it would be okay. He wanted so badly to make sure that he was able to go back to Otogakure as well. Who would blame him if he didn’t return with anyone? Who would know?

Sengo also wondered who “He” was; then it dawned on him. The leader of all this was coming for him, he must have gotten an earlier notice before all the fighting had started. He was probably aware of the whole situation in the first place. The birds above may be in fact his own summons. With that in mind, would he be able to run? Could he survive?

There was no more time to think and quickly hand signs started to erupted from his hands. Seven Sego rose from the smoke and they started to carry each person. One for No name, three for Pinky, one for the boy, and two for the one armed fool. This would allow Sengo to defend if there was truly a problem that would arrive. Sengo began to run with everyone in tow. He wished the carriage wasn’t broken.