iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
Mr. Teatime

Default Nintaijutsu?

So I have an idea for a swap involving harmonic gloves and vibrations that works to enhance Daidomyaku and potentially is a whole body thing later on. Is this actually a swap and would it be nin or tai? Is there a mechanic for adding chakra stats to physical stats, or how could it otherwise work? Would someone be willing to pm with me to figure it out? Ive only got everything on my sound and stone nin ive been working on sans a couple jutsu things and this is what im stuck on.
Mr. Teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #2
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Maybe if you put a more clear description of what you’re trying to do here, I’ll know how to help. At this time, we don’t allow techniques that add the user space chakra stats to their taijutsu stats. You can make special techniques for taijutsu that might bolster one or two individual physical stats by a level or two for a limited duration. Does this sound like what you want to do?

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Based Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
Mr. Teatime

Closest canon comparison is A's lightning nonsense but less ridiculously op. There is a technique in Sleeping Blue Dragon that adds control to speed for swings I think.

Im on my phone so bare with me: Vibrating energy gathered around limbs/the body to form something of an armor/weapon combo of some kind, but cant use non-taijutsu while it's going. Or somesuch.

Im not determined to stick chakra stats onto physicsl Im just not sure how it would work mechanically. I've got the fluff down pretty pat.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Teatime View Post
Vibrating energy gathered around limbs/the body to form something of an armor/weapon combo of some kind, but cant use non-taijutsu while it's going. Or somesuch.
That's effectively what Daidoumyaku does already. Or, for instance, Stage 5 in Global Ninjutsu gives you access to Chidori, which is similar. Since there's already stuff like this in the system it gives you a good springing point to work from. Having a "cloak" that makes you sharp or nauseating is just a thing. I'm a fan of the following techniques from Raiton on my taijutsu minded swordsman:

Quote:
Raiton: Yurayura Hikari Karada (Lightning Release: Flickering Luminous Body)
Requirements: Power 2, Tactics 2
Forcing electricity to dance across their own bodies, the user can create light enough to illuminate dark places, and control the flashes enough to send messages in code to anyone who might be watching. When they’re more skilled a shinobi can use this technique to cause to the electricity around their body in a chaotic, distracting, almost hypnotic dance or flare in a blinding light.
Base Stage: Produce a light source
Stage Two: Disorientate for one post
Stage Three: Blind for one post

Raiton: Nagare Isou no Jutsu (Lightning Release: Current Transfer Skill)
Requirements:
Willpower 5, Tactics 4, Intelligence 4
An overall simple yet very effective technique, the Cloud-nin creates a sort of electrical current on his hand, this current can then be transferred onto any weapon he happens to be holding. The next physical attack he performs is charged with this electrical current, if he blocks a weapon attack with his own weapon the current transfers over shocking the attacker. If by chance the user is not carrying a weapon he can transfer this current into his opponent's weapon shocking him, or can even hit him with this current. The shock itself is mild, resulting in sudden muscle jerks in the location touched.
Base Stage: Must maintain contact with weapon
Stage Three: Weapons charged can retain the current for 1 post after losing contact with user. Useful for projectiles

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Mr. Teatime

Default kakashi

Good springing points. Ill just write something up and see if I can get it through. What im thinking of is an effect thst goes a while after activating though.