iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #11
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu was relieved that the people around him were actually experiencing the same thing and he was hopeful that the guide would allow them to get atop the mountain with a lot of ease compared to other missions. However, that would be impossible as something crept towards Sosu and his dog. At first it was a shadow, a whispy figure in the miasma shrouding around them, then it became more full. Its body started to become more of a concrete image rather then a misty apparition. Then without much notice nor much inhibition the shadow leapt out at Sosu. Its body mass was enough to force Sosu to recognize that this was in fact a real animal and that something was truly happening.

The beast pushed Sosu off the trail of the other two members of his group and though the two of them wrestled for quite a few seconds, Sosu was able to master the shadow in a headlock before it wiggled out of the chokehold.

Sosu was now scared of what was actually in the miasma. He was used to facing things head on but at this point there was no doubt in his mind that something was very large and strong inside the miasma and it was hurting the three of them. Hopefully, there was some skill to theother two individuals in the group.

”Holy shit, I don’t know what that was, but it was heavy, and it had teeth, really big teeth.” It was obvious by the tone and nature of Sosu’s voice that he was scared and worried of what would really happen to them. He only hoped that in this moment that his companions were strong enough to fight against the beast that was hiding in the miasma.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #12
Kapeesh
King Koopa

Ryu had just received a lesson about illusions and mind tricks but what came next was very different lesson. Suddenly shadowy figures emerged from the mist and started to form into physical beings. The jounin was certain that they were not real since they seemed like a figment of someone’s imagination and they also made little physical sense but it turned out that they actually packed a punch.

Sosu and Mariko seemed distracted by some of the dark figures while two were approaching Ryu. They seemed to have a bulky feline-like build, including sharp claws, sharp teeth and a long tail. They also lacked intelligence but were very aggressive. Both creatures were slashing and gnawing at Ryu while he dodged several attacks with relative ease.

The jounin then threw a haymaker at one beast just as it was about to bite him, knocking it into the floor but the beast absorbed the impact and bounced right back up. It was barely affected by the heavy blow and immediately charged one again, tackling Ryu onto the rocky ground.

While on the floor, Ryu wrapped his arm around the beast and wrestled it into the ground, putting his weight on top of it and then grabbed it by the tail. Once he had a firm grip on its tail he started swinging the beast as if it were a toy even though it was squirming and struggling throughout the whole experience. Ryu first smashed it against the ground two times and then with a sideways swing, he hit the other beast with it, knocking it onto the floor. Ryu then proceeded to hammer the beast onto its twin time after time until they both started dissipating and vanished into nothing.

"Is everyone okay?" Ryu called out.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:55 AM   #13
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Then without much notice the beasts had began to attack Ryu, the way he handled them made Sosu sigh in relief that there were people that were of his caliber in the group and that they should be able to handle the situation.

”Yea, I am fine, I am not sure what the hell those things are though.” Sosu stated as he began to catch his breath in case of another attack. There was no way that Sosu would allow such beasts to get the better of him and he would reach the peak of the mountain.

”Boss?” Daiki stated as his face looked twisted in horror and fear.

Latching onto the side of the dog were many claws. Each one looked like mini knives and they clawed and began ripping at the dog. His howls echoing through the miasma before a puff of smoke enveloped the area.

Sosu had only saw it for a moment before the beast demons disappeared. They looked like cougars or smaller lions. They were thin but sold thick in muscle, their fur dark as the midnight sky, and their eyes were silver as they pierced through the miasma.

”I was worried about this. Shit; everyone come to me. As long as you are next to me we will be okay. Besides, we are almost to our destination.” Mariko stated as he started to whisper in verses of some type of language Sosu was unaware of.

As the three of them continued to walk another beast jumped out into the group but was stopped by a blinding light emitting from Mariko. Wisps of energy wrapped around the three of them as a pack of the cougar like beasts proceeded with their onslaught.

”Quick, we are almost there, just a little further.” Mariko stated in baited breath. Each word sounding more stressed.

Then without reason the pack stopped and it was silent for a moment, until a large paw swiped away Mariko, throwing his body a good ten feet from the two shinobi.

There in front of them now stood a beast of the same breed as the other cougars, only this one was about double the size of either shinobi.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:14 PM   #14
Kapeesh
King Koopa

Things were quickly turning into the shinobi’s favor, especially after Mariko performed what seemed to be a miko technique that held a few beasts at bay. The mystical technique seemed extremely effect while it lasted but as soon as Mariko ended it, he was attacked and knocked away from the fight by a surprising pouncing shadow beast that slammed him with its paw.

Because of the mist Ryu couldn't see where exactly Mitsuko was knocked or what his condition was and that was a concerning matter. Mitsuko was rather important to the mission, being the shinobi’s guide to the mountain top so his safety was a major concern for the jounin even though they were supposed to be quite close to their goal.

Ryu was capable of tracking traces of a person’s chakra, but the technique he knew wasn’t a very reliable one and was easily prone to disruption over big distances or supernatural means of hiding. The leaf jounin was worried that the strange mist might have qualified as a supernatural method of concealment so the safer bet was to physically spot the target.

Mariko!” The Jounin called out. “Where are you?

Ryu then used the teachings of the ryuujin fu style to ignite his limbs to make himself a little more visible, hoping that Mariko would be able to spot him. The flames extended from his feet to his knees and from hands up to his elbows and burned quite intensely so he hoped that it was enough..

Follow the fire if you can see it.“ He called out once more before turning to Sosu. “Unless you have a method to become visible or to see Mariko I suggest you stick close to me.

Meanwhile the other cougar-like beasts were ready to pounce onto the remaining members of the mountain climbing group but Sosu seemed overly confident and he was a trained shinobi so Ryu wasn’t very worried about him. It would have been a good chance for the sand shinobi to show if he was capable of backing up his confidence with proper action.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:59 PM   #15
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu didn’t have anything that could help the shinobi out except for the dog. However, the way that the miasma worked, it would probably interfere with the nose and sense of smell of the animal. Plus, he had just had Daiki get defeated and more then likely, if another dog wound up injured he would be in some trouble.

”I don’t have anything that you state but I have strength and I hope this monster attacks us.” Sosu stated defiantly as he readied his fists for any type of attack and of course, out of the blue a few of the smaller fiends attack the two shinobi.

However, they were slow and no match for the speed of Sosu as one claw swipe missed the head of a ducking Sosu, who launched back up with an uppercut to the beasts jaw. This sent the fiend a few feet away and a swipe to the back was dodged with a backflip that turned into a spinning elbow. It was quick and appropriate.

Then a growl overcame the two of them and out from the miasma came the larger beast. Its presence was stifling and it made Sosu feel a little worried for Ryu. He himself was not afraid but he didn’t know how the leaf shinobi would fair.

”I cant do much except fight so how about we get this to my level?” Sosu stated as he rushed the creature.

Two large swipes from the beast as it rose on its hind legs left Sosu to twirl in between the large paws landing right next to the jaws of the beast. However, staring into the crimson eyes did not stop him as Sosu let out a flurry of fists that impacted the beast heavily in the lower jaw. Subsequently it sent the beast flying but a large scream from the miasma was a sure fire sign that things were not over yet.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #16
Kapeesh
King Koopa

The fight with the newly emerged beasts started and escalated quickly. Sosu showed that he was physically capable of knocking the Miasma creatures around but then a deeper, louder voice was heard from the mist. Before The jounin could see the actual thing he heard its footsteps marching towards him. The footsteps were heavy and fast so Ryu braced himself for an impact with something big.

After hearing its noise, the jinchuuriki was approaching by a rhino-like miasma creature charging towards him at full speed in an attempt to ram him but he didn’t bother dodging or even warning his partner as he had full confidence that everything was completely under control.

The jinchuuriki positioned himself to absorb the impact and just as the rhino approached him, he threw his flaming right arm forward and its horn to stop the beast. The task was a tad bit more difficult than Ryu anticipated, but after skidding for a few feet and adjusting his footing, he fully stopped the beast’s movement and pushed its face closer to the ground while still firmly holding the large horn.

Then using his left, flaming arm that held the Kyuudai he struck the beast with all his might and then the beast no longer had a face. The force of the punch was far too much for the creature’s face to handle and so it basically disappeared from existence thanks to Ryu’s strength aided by the power of his possessed gauntlet.

The jounin then turned around to examine his surroundings once again. The fight wasn’t going on badly as far as he could tell, but he still needed to find Mariko. Killing miasma beasts was a simple task compared to navigating the funky mist.

Mariko!” He yelled once more. Louder and more aggressive than before.

“I see you.” The voice seemed somewhat weary but at least that meant that the guide was still alive.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:09 AM   #17
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Hearing the voice of Mariko was a relief to the two of them and they seemed to be quite relieved to know that Mariko had survived his little trip into the miasma. Sosu wanted more then anything to get out of the situation as fast as possible and it was obvious that the beasts were going to get stronger and stronger. However, with a show of their combined might, it seemed like the fighting would cease for a little bit before they would have to fight in the future.

”Alright, we are almost to the base of the mountain, from there we should be fine going up the mountain. I need you two to stick together, keep that flame going and keep your fists and feet ready for action.” Mariko reiterated his desire to get off the miasma stricken valley as soon as possible.

It was obvious that the trip was really taking a toll on him but Sosu knew that if it wasn’t for him, there was no way that the two shinobi’s would have survived the onslaught of the miasma.

”I just want to thank you Mariko, there was a lot of trouble getting here but I think you did an awesome job. I don’t think I personally would have been able to make it out of this hellscape without your help.” Sosu stated graciously.

”It is my job to make sure the champions get to the top of the mountain. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be able to defeat these things that plague the land. However, it is not me that you have to convince of this. I hope the High Oracle and the other priestess see the worth of you two and the others.” Mariko continued to stated as it seemed like the miasma was starting to clear.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #18
Kapeesh
King Koopa

Once things started getting quiet Mariko managed to spot Ryu and it seemed that he was a little bruised and battered but without any serious injuries so the jounin approached him as he shut down his flames and allowed Mariko to use him as support. Mariko was perfectly capable of walking, but the support made things much easier for him.

“You worry about yourself. We’ll handle the action.”

Then as the trio started walking up the steep rocky path, Ryu suddenly felt his technique spontaneously activating, igniting his entire body this time with Mariko still leaning on his shoulder. The flame erupted quickly and quickly engulfed the katon user along with the guide. Ryu was just fine, however seeing how he made a habit of turning into a ball of fire or a fiery demon. Mariko on the other hand was about to burn to death.

The jounin looked at the guide with eyes popped wide with shock and then he violently pushed him away, tripping him onto the floor. Such a thing rarely every happened, but Ryu simply stood there in shock as he started at the burning guide, unsure of what to do or how to react. The jinchuuriki lived his whole life dreading the fact that he attracted danger and put those close to him at risk, but he never imagined himself just accidently burning someone because he was tired or lost control.

Then in the blink of an eye everything was back to normal. Mariko was dumbfounded on the floor, but clearly not on fire. It was all another illusion, but unlike any of the previous ones that one really managed to hit a nerve; it left the jounin in shock and shaken. He wanted to help Mariko get back on his feet but he felt rather paralyzed, imagining time and time again, how he accidentally and effortlessly burned an innocent person that was just trying to help them. It was not an easy thought to process.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #19
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sosu was stunned to see Ryu flip and fling the man off his shoulder as if there was some type of real issue. It took a moment for Sosu to realize but he understood what was happening to the leaf shinobi. Despite the fact they were nearly out of the miasma, it still had a little bit of a hold on their minds. However, it would seem like everything was normal for Sosu as he continued to walk. He stopped to pick up Mariko and then something began to fester in his mind.

The pack of dogs from his summoning house surrounded them and it seemed odd that all seven were present since none were summoned. Their eyes were hollow and their fangs rearing and drooling. Slowly they crept towards the three as they began to maul Ryu and Mariko. Their cackles echoing through Sosu as he tried to get them off of the two victims. However, his strength was not enough as he felt powerless to the pack of dogs.

Then like before everything was gone, the blood, the guts, the screams, and the dead bodies were all gone. It seemed like a dream but it just felt so real.

”We are here” Mariko stated as a stunned Sosu was jutted out of his delusions. It seemed that they were traveling at the same time that Sosu was having his visions. It was such a weird thing to experience.

However, it seemed like it was finally over as the sound of training woman and men could be heard in the distance, the serene atmosphere of the gardens, and there were also some other shinobi that had already made it up the summit. There was one in particular, a lanky looking kid that seemed to have wings that sprouted from his body. A clear sign of a clan member.

”Who is that tool? I want to kick his ass.” Sosu stated to Ryu.

Last edited by Cayuga; 05-24-2018 at 07:38 PM..
Old 05-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #20
Kapeesh
King Koopa

Ryu spent the last parts of their hike in complete silence and lost in thought. The illusions he was struck with hit him harder than he expected and so he carried on like a zombie for the most part. The three of them all managed to avoid any serious injuries despite all the fighting that went on, so Ryu tried to be thankful for that bit, but his mind kept replaying Mariko’s burning body.

After some time they finally reached the top of the mountain, the gathering place of where the ‘champions’ were supposed to meet and Ryu could see that a crowd had already managed to show up there and it was a big mix from several different places from all over.

One particular shinobi that had sprouted wings caught Sosu’s attention; it was Sanada Sanshiro of the hidden leaf. It was a shinobi that carried reputation that was mostly related to low IQ and unprofessionalism, but Ryu never dealt with him directly, nor did he ever want to since both aspects would not have played well with the jounin but he wasn’t about to say all that to Sosu. Part of his job as a leaf shinobi was to maintain a good reputation for the village and its people so he refrained from commenting at all but instead he turned to Mariko.

“I’m sorry about earlier.” Ryu finally broke his silence. “It was-”

But Mariko didn’t even want to hear an explanation and didn’t even let the leaf jounin finish his sentence.

“You don’t need to apologize. You’ve protected me more than you have hurt me. It was a pleasure working with you.”

So The jinchuuriki smiled in response and walked away from the two of them. It was time to see what the real issue was up there and why they were called in the first place.