iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

> Engi no Jutsu - The Best Naruto RP on the Net! > Announcements > News and Updates > 13 years of engi: A wonderful engiversary

Old 05-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #31
Sinnocent
So fragile yet so devious

Coming around a bit late to snag some AP that may never get used, because I'm a hoarder.

Just kidding, not only coming around for the AP. I normally peek in during March. Funny thing, Engi's birthday is the same day that Ariana was supposed to be due so it is always easy for me to remember. Only this time around, I had a little more on my hands than just a birthday party. Some of you know, some of you don't but we had a new addition to our family back in September, which is why I disappeared during the summer. I didn't want to say anything until I was absolutely sure that she was going to stick around. Of course, new baby meant we had to move into a bigger place and even though we've been here awhile, it is a bit of a fixer upper, so we're still getting settled in.

I joined Engi waaaay back in 2006. I was starting my freshman year in college and planned to major in Early Childhood Education. I had the most awesome job ever working at a call center and we had those "peak times" but when it wasn't busy, you could do whatever you wanted. I had always been into roleplaying. Mom was one of those D&D hippies, and the invention of the internet brought the wonderful play by post nature of chat room and forums. I had gotten into fandom RP and Naruto was at the height of its popularity and I wanted something that, at the time, I thought I wouldn't have to take too seriously. So I went looking for something to do during my downtime at work. Engi was the very first result that popped up.

Engi was so different then. I think Tigre was the global mod? Shirou, Sushy, White Eyes, Hicks, others I totally forgot about until now were GMs. Lol, my first couple of character were pretty bad but everyone was super awesome and very welcoming. I was just getting the hang of the place, had some good characters under my belt, several threads and then LOCKDOWN!

Which is really weird to say was I think what made me get so attached to Engi. It was supposed to be short. Ideas and little hints were being dropped in chat so it wouldn't be such a huge unveiling with everyone scrambling to change characters. I really got to know the people here because all we could was sit in AIM and talk to each other. During lockdown, I found out I was expecting and (again, for those of you who were around and remember) I wasn't having an easy go of it. I had people who would find out I wasn't feeling well and would actually give me a call. The community was, is, so great here. Even though people have come and gone, changes to the forum, ebbs and flows of activity (which I have gotten swept up in as well), and yet a lot of those same people are still around and that is when you know you really have something great. When people stick around on a forum for a freaking decade, going from regular members to EoEs, and mods. And the others, who haven't been here quite as long, who are willing to play with the same five people just to keep a place moving.

The Naurto manga ended. The anime ended. A lot of the people who joined as just fans moved on to other, more relevant fandom things to latch ontto. Engi's set up is ultimately very different from the canon but it kept moving ahead anyways and found a way to till make things work. And maybe that's why some of us have continued to stick around. It isn't Naruto RP, it is Engi. Something inspired by fandom but totally original.

Anyways, yeah, nostalgia trip. I've been up for hours and as soon as Elena (the newest little girl) finishes up her breakfast and goes down for a nap, I'm gonna get some sleep too. I may not be on as much as I used to, but still want to see Engi continue to thrive. <3 Happy (very belated) 13th birthday Engi!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #32
SuzuFujibayashi
Nanoha Syndrome!

13 years? Really?
Man that's impressive. Keep on truckin' Engi. Do what you do.

Awaigetsuryuuki Risana (Awai GM)
^ Never forget Snow! D:
Kouryou Kurisu, Chuunin
^ Placeholder

Random Quote of Whenever Suzu Feels like Changing It!
"
Nanoha and RH are the stuff of raw nightmare fuel. Fed by the tortured souls of a thousand innocent children and bathed in virgin blood." - Cannonball

SuzuFujibayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #33
marquis

Life has been so busy, but most definitely what's to come in the future will be my best experience.

*claim*
marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #34
Relu
Stargazer

It might be super late for me to try and claim this but it's taken me until now to form an opinion on Engi.

You guys have such a nice community running that's welcoming and tight-knit. I can tell you guys really care for this site and it makes me really happy to be apart of it. I hope to be here for the long haul, and thanks for having me.

Note: If you're responding to a thread I'm in please contact me on discord to let me know you've posted
{Unfinished}{AP Post}
{Characters}

Relu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:00 PM   #35
Ajoi
[Insert "Catchphrase" Here]

I was in the beginning of high school when I first joined. Now I've taught high school. Those kids don't even know they're being taught by a first generation Engi; I got to represent.

Happy to be back.

Listening to: "Nas Album Done" by Nas [DJ Khaled]
Ajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:34 AM   #36
Ajoi
[Insert "Catchphrase" Here]

Also, let me claim those, real quick.

Listening to: "Nas Album Done" by Nas [DJ Khaled]
Ajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #37
TheyLiedToYou

Uhhhh, I wanna claim this please! :P (if I still can)

It is pretty insane to think this board has been around for 13 years... I was an entirely different person in 2008, yet I was still drawn back... if that isn't magical I don't know what is.

"I had to walk through Hell, just to get to Heaven."

[Kogaku Kodai - Rain Genin]
[Yamasato Yodo - Sand Genin]
AP Tracker
TheyLiedToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #38
Simonsez
New Vision

Jesus 13 years. Even when I come back from the dead for like the...3rd time its still cool knowing that their is a group here. Everyone has been welcoming and its just chill, now we obviously evolved from that flash chat to AIM...back to that flash chat and finally on discord (Fuck Skype).

Yeah, I'm glad that I googled 'Naruto Roleplaying Forum' when I was in middle school and glad to be a part of this group

Claimed like a motherfucker love y'all <3
Old 08-05-2017, 11:47 PM   #39
Break
Person

Wow, can't believe it's been a decade....I'll claim that 7 AP, though
Old 08-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #40
SiS
The Duke of Fluke???

... Wow. I'm not sure what made me look this website up today, but I'm kinda glad I did. Gives me a chance to see a snapshot of how silly my writing was when I was fifteen frikkin' years old. Happy belated 13th, Engi! I'm old as shit, and so are you!