iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

> Engi no Jutsu - The Best Naruto RP on the Net! > Announcements > News and Updates > 13 years of engi: A wonderful engiversary

Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #11
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

You know I'm always here for some AP, right? Lol.

My favorite part of Engi comes from the distinct voices that everyone has as a writer. Seeing these varying styles compliment and clash with one another as folks weave dope stories has always been part of my whole learning process while discovering my own unique voice as a writer. That, and, the last twenty something threads I've completed with Renchishin Hitoko has been the craziest and cleanest shit I've written here (things began to click for me then).

Kudos to everyone I've interacted with here. On and off Engi ya'll some hilarious mo'fos. Lol.
Hitoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #12
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

13 years... holy crap. I've met most of my closest friends on Engi and that's not likely to change.

Time to make that come back.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #13
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Woooooooow I think I was around 13 when I first stumbled into Engi.

I feel blessed to be stumbling back on here now, when I find myself looking for the right way to express myself creatively. This place was always that kind of space for me. I feel like I've made the sorts of friendships here that transcend some of the ones that I have made elsewhere, and learned about myself in ways I couldn't outside of the interwebs.

This place taught me what it meant to be a part of a real awesome community of individuals pursuing similar goals, of being happy, creative, and collaborative. Values I carry with me every day.

While, yes, I'm here to claim some AP, as I will do for even stumbling upon this at the appropriate time, but more importantly than that, I think I might be here to claim some RP time, more importantly. I've been feeling like something was missing in my creative life, and I think I'm learning that RP was it, and that Engi is a one-of-a-kind canon-homebrew-thinktank that is powered by some of the most clever and inspiring folks I've ever met.

So... let's try this lucky 13 out again? I feel like at this point, it's no longer about Naruto, but it's about the Engiverse, and what a cool place we've made it.

~ Based Kiba Returns! ~

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Based Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:17 AM   #14
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Gonna keep this short since I already spilled my whole soul once already.

I's back, jerks. I love and hate you all. Also:

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #15
Wess
Hardcore Member

I too shall be keeping this short. My favorite part of Engi was it stealing my youth, teaching me how to write (that's me shooting you guys a thank you) when I was 12, and giving me a sense of belonging when I needed it most.

Claiming that AP, yo.
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
Calibur
Storyteller

I started writing on Engi before I knew I wanted to be a writer. And when I kept on writing, it was what made me believe it could be life choice. It's part think-tank for creative possibility, part sandbox for combat fantasy, and part writer support group. So many people on here have inspired the way I've developed my craft, and will continue to do so. I'm not gone, even if you may have forgotten me

To me, Engi has always been...the Engine. So let's put that AP in the tank and I'll keep this baby going!
Calibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #17
Virtual Dream
One For All

I say this every year, but I value the friendships I've made here. Even if years pass, I still occasionally get in touch with some of you (or some of you get in touch with me) and I'm always overjoyed.

I love you guys.

And I love free AP.
Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 PM   #18
shiraha
{*headdesk*}

Haha, I always get nostalgic for Engi around this time of year. It's been a helluva long time since my last post, or even my last character, I think. But I still brag to people about some of the good times I've had on here, both in character and out.

I tell people about the Engi no Comics I used to draw.
I tell people about my favorite character (Seiseiru :B) and the missions she's done.
I tell people about our AIM engi chat days.
Heck, I even tell people about that Teen Woof WOD game we did (you guys know who you are >:O). I even still have the pictures haha.

I'm not going to do anything silly like promise I'mma come back to RP sometime soon (who knows, I might!) But engi will always have a special place in my heart as the rp community I hung around the longest, with the people who were miles away but felt like they were right there with me when I spent hours being a fuzzwaffle in the group chat.

I wish I could say the years I spent on engi were my best, but they honestly weren't; my life offline was... well it was something. But when I could get online and hang with everybody, it made everything feel a helluva lot better.

When I go into situations to meet new friends, online and off, I think a part of me wishes, hopes and dreams that they can live up to the fun I've had with everyone on engi, and even if not that then maybe just a fraction of it.

I'm running my first non-guest GM tabletop game soon, and I know I would have probably given up RP as a whole years ago if I had never accepted that invitation to RP with my friends on a (then) little Naruto site--the rp to a manga and show I'd only ever seen 1 episode of. To tell the truth, I never even watched or read Naruto more until I was at least 2 years into Engi. :P For the most part, I was here for you guys, haha.

Thank you so much for the memories.
There's a special place in my heart for everyone I've met here. <3

So don't mind me if I lurk every once in a while, OK? Haha

-------------------------------------------------------
Harumi: Curious... Why aren't there any boys in this motley crew?
Seiseiru: What do you know about boys, kid?

-------------------------------------------------------
shiraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #19
chiaki
Druid with the Based Kibe Summon

Shi, I STILL have copies of the Engi no Comics. They are awesome. I remember how happy I was when I first appeared in one of them!

I first joined this community when I was 13 and I not only found roleplaying to be fun. But it was nice to have a community of people to get to know and interact with, through the broken in-site chat, to aim, to another in-site chat, to skype chat. From then until now, I moved around quite a bit and it was nice to move and still have friends here, while I was adjusting to new neighborhoods, new states, new countries and new schools--from 8th grade all the way through (within a month) a PhD. That's pretty incredible.

Even though I haven't rp'd much over the past 5 years or so, I'm super thankful to this community here. And hopefully I can repay my thanks after my defense by becoming an active roleplayer again.

You guys are the best. <3

chiaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:27 PM   #20
Geisha
Thus Always to Tyrants

Man, where do I start.

This was my very first RP site and from day one I felt nothing but love and welcoming vibes from everyone. When I was a newb some ... oh gosh 9 ish years ago, I made a lot of broken characters and there was that one time my guy got hurt and killed in like the first post hahah (my old fucking snow nukinen) goodness. There was my broken ass sand special forces chick who had like 50 million ap put into her! And even after I left Htoko found a way to use her in his sand lore (love you for that hito).

Then there were the people! Merdle, you were my rock! Love you to the moon and back! I still remember Team 11 was it?! We were the best henin squad! Some funny threads we had! And Kana! Our characters fell in love!!! And hitooo! How many hours did we spend roasting each other in chats?!? lol roastmaster my ass! Sigh. So many people and organizations and clubs!! Kunoichis of Engi!!! So many writers I looked up to! Goodness you all write soooo well! You helped me grow beyond imagine!

I love it here and I'm never leaving! Gimme my 7ap so I can break my jinchuriki genin some moreeeeeew hehehe

YES THE GEISH-MIESTER IS BACK!
Let's RP & fight. I'm always down for a plot.

arechihana rika hideyasu reiha
wardrobe ap

Last edited by Geisha; 03-25-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Geisha is offline   Reply With Quote