iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

> Engi no Jutsu - The Best Naruto RP on the Net! > Announcements > News and Updates > Engiversary the 11th: The Steel Anniversary

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #31
Bass
Community Moderator

So I debated whether to add anything here, as you can tell by looking at the date no doubt. Given I spend nearly all my time lurking rather than contributing I wondered what I could really bring to the discussion, but Kaito's comment about finding his voice inspired me; so here goes.

As mentioned above, my Engi-career has mostly been hiding in the chat, or lurking on the site and reading through everything whenever I had the time, and even though my official join date shows as just shy of ten years, I'd actually been lurking unofficially for quite a while before then, so in my own weird way I've seen the vast majority of Engi's existence.

It wasn't my initial plan to be a lurker, I remember fondly how as soon as I came across this place I strongly wanted to join in with all the adventures I was reading, but as a ridiculously young kid with social issues I felt there was no way I could compare with the amazing writing I was witnessing. Instead I was content to read along with everything as it progressed, maybe learn from everything I took in and one day be worthy of joining the group proper.

About a year later, that changed though. Engi had grown, it was on its new site, and in a moment of curiosity I decided I would dip my head into the chat, to see what all the people writing all this were like. And it was at that moment I realised that I never should have worried in the first place; the group of people I found in that chat were the most welcoming, most accepting, and most helpful community of people I have ever come across. It didn't take long, after the requisite soul stealing and other formalities of that era, for me to be convinced that this was a place I could belong, and I was officially signed up with a username on the forum before that night was over.

And although due to the craziness of reality the plan to start playing alongside everyone never quite came to fruition after that for one reason or another, nearly eleven years later I still consider myself proud to be part of the engi community because to this day it is still one of the kindest groups of people I've come across. From my position hidden in the chat over the years I've seen the names change and newcomers become veterans, and veterans leave and return, but without exception I've seen that same welcoming, inclusive and accepting atmosphere shown to every new face that walks in the door. And to me, that's amazing, and what defines Engi.

So thats what I'd like to thank Engi for, and to celebrate on its 11th birthday; the amazing community, the best I've ever seen. And I know a lot of people have already expressed the same sentiment, and far better than I have here; but I figure when something deserves applause, you don't leave it to just the person who can clap best, everyone joins in to give it the ovation it deserves, so here's my contribution.

Happy Birthday and Long Live Engi!

Edit: Huh, apparently I'm in time to claim things, thought that date was already passed. Well, for optimisms sake, I'll claim the 5AP and the Breaker for a future character then.

Last edited by Bass; 05-10-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Old 05-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #32
Nomics
Yi Ge Xia Tian

I'm not gonna get all mushy and what not. To put it simply, I cherish this place and cherish the people here. The Engi experience is one that I feel everyone with at least one creative writing bone in their body should take part in. So all in all, I love it here and cheers to many more Engiversaries!!!!!

Claiming Dat 5 AP tho!

Now Listening:Robert Glasper ft. Erykah Badu-Afro Blue
Old 05-15-2015, 06:32 PM   #33
xskiesx
Hadouken!

Well, I have been lurking for a bit now and keep coming back to the idea of making a new, casual character.

This place is awesome and I can't really fully stay away it seems so...Happy Birthday Engi!

I will also take those 5 AP if it's still possible! Working on a new character.

Shouryuu of Leaf
Old 05-29-2015, 09:46 PM   #34
[win]
The Black Duck

Happy birthday to perhaps the oldest PbP RP I know of.

P.S. Claiming the 5 AP.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #35
Nutextrordinaire
Freak Nerdist

Claiming my AP if I still can.
IDK If I will be back full time, but claiming it anyways.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #36
Seikon
Sun General

Yeah, what Nut said. Claiming, if that's kosher.

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 8
Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 PM   #37
vulpix13

I would also like to be a part of this if possible.

Closed Thread