iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

> Engi no Jutsu - The Best Naruto RP on the Net! > Announcements > News and Updates > Engiversary the 11th: The Steel Anniversary

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:44 PM   #11
Bukowski
So far so Gone

Even computer-less, I still find myself reading old threads and imagining crazy ninja duels. Happy Engiversary, much love to all of y'all.

Edit: And I guess 6AP for me to needlessly pump onto Fist.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Last edited by Bukowski; 03-12-2015 at 11:50 PM..
Old 03-13-2015, 12:12 AM   #12
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

It's been a while, Engi and it's definitely been fun.

Happy Engiversary everyone. I'll claim my 5 AP but defer the extra from Junge to the next person to post.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Old 03-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #13
Chi_Chika
I'd build you an Empire...

Hey Engi, miss you guys, I still think about ya. Even though I'm almost at 24 (jeeeez), I still pop in time to time and enjoy reading the threads and characters! Love ya'll!

I claim my 5 AP, and give it all to Merdle. Use it well (Better be on Daisuke or I will hunt you down).

Happy 11th Anniversary, Engi!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #14
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Hey, guys. I've been flaky lately, but real life has a way of catching up to you. I'm still super stoked about the stories going on here!

I'll claim that 5 AP and put that staff-rule on my Hyuuga. <3
Old 03-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #15
Nan_Wu
Live from the Underground

Hey everyone, glad to see everyone's (kinda) back, cause after Thanksgiving there was a site wide lull. Anyways it's great to see and feel all these folks who are grown ups with grown up problems still dropping in to check in or even drop a thread or two. Very cool.

Anyways, claiming the 5 AP.

Happy Engiversary everyone!!!!!

Characters
Nadira- Sand Jounin
Hamada- Leaf Chuunin
Shen- Cloud Chuunin
Sei- Stone Genin

Item Thread
Old 03-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #16
Calibur
Storyteller

Oh, the feels.

Just when you think you're all felt out (stop sniggering) from watching The Theory of Everything the day before, you get a series of tributes to this website that just make you want to RP even more than before. I swear by Engi, I do.

Anybody here ever been embarrassed to drop into a conversation the fact that you write and role-play Naruto fan fiction? I might have, had I not always added the caveat that it is the community of writers here that sets this place apart from all others on the net. The calibre, the commitment...the sheer scope of creativity and collaboration, and the inspiration that comes from pacing these hallowed halls in print...

It all adds a certain elegance to the equation. In all my years here, since 2008, it always has. It's why I'm still here to claim my 5AP now, and why I envision being here for Engiversary #12 too.

L'chaim!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #17
Calibur
Storyteller

+my AP Breaker! Didn't realise I couldn't edit that post!

Ah, Engi, you Tricky McTrickerson! Got me again
Old 03-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #18
kyzuko
in lame man terms

Crazy thinking it has been 11 years. That means I have been here for 10-ish, plus or minus some months. I've seen a lot of things go on, a few revisions of rules, a lot of good and bad staff, and the surprising resurgences.

I came on engi just like most of us did, a starry-eyed Naruto fan typing in 'Naruto Roleplay'. I had played Dungeons and Dragons before and cut my teeth doing roleplay over on the Star Wars Galaxies RP forums before release of that disappointing game. There was also weird roleplay in the chat for Diablo or Diablo 2, I suppose, but that wasn't much. Just a natural transition for a kid who was still wandering around his backyard at 18, swinging a piece of metal pipe or a stick around pretending to be in any number of imaginary worlds or scenarios. I was a nerdy little escapist. Plus, all my friends had left for college.

Engi made me a better writer. It gave me good friends. I hit it off immediately with a handful around the site; Cavane and Kudrov brought me into the fold of Sound almost immediately due to a shared love of Johnny Cash and Evangelion. Jake was my partner in failed genin shenanigans. There were so many, and, sadly, many of them don't come around anymore. Most of them have just got too much going on in their lives, but it was great for a socially anxious nerd whose friends had all left him behind to find a new bunch of friends.

Eventually, I found my way onto staff and, ultimately, in the driver seat of Sound. That was scary, but once I was actually in the driver seat, I set about planning. I had been the second to a couple of guys who had too much on their plates (Kudrov had gone to study abroad, now a PhD; Cavane being Cavane-y) and that had kept my hands, frustratingly, tied. Ultimately, road bumps and life happened (happiness/love can be terribly distracting), but eventually Sound got the chance at a new start it really needed the entire time. Nothing much happened with it since then, likely because I stepped down to focus on real life stuff and everyone else had their plates full.

I've come back from time to time to do spurts of roleplay with the friends I have made around the site. Wofa keeps letting me come back and RP with her, as do a few others like Kana. Mostly, though, I just lurk. I come up with ideas, begin working things out, and then realize that I don't realize have the time and dedication to it. I found my other obsession in geology, adding it to the list with conspiracy theories, ghost stories, rap, mythology, and history. Though only one of these have I been so obsessed with to take out huge amounts of debt and move from one end of California to the other to study.

So, you will likely see me around from time to time. I'm grumpy and spazzy and prone to using all caps. Old habits. At least I have mostly stopped going on stream of consciousness rants about Lovecraftian extradimensional beings and calamities.

Anyways, since I keep trying to RP from time to time (I even made a clan, a REAL BLOODLINE CLAN!), I will claim the 5 AP and staff breaker. Because that's something I can be trusted with apparently.

"The more I see of what you call civilization,
the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"

Robert E. Howard, King Kull
||GM, Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Sand||
||Co-GM, Shoda Bloodline Clan of Cloud||
\\Shoda Hoshihana, Cloud Jounin//
//Arechihana Sasori, Spartoi\\
||Yotarou Ouji, SUNA chuunin||Koike Kano, ANBU||
||Hasami Kuma, the Iron Devil of Sound||Tsubasa Kinoshita, Rain Jounin||
Jutsu||Items
\\Taka//
Old 03-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #19
Solias

It's great to be here for another Engiversary. I'll just claim my 5 AP and Ap limit breaker and get back into a thread. It is gonna be a great year with all of you.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #20
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

May not have been here very long but this place is fun and I love it; hope it keeps kicking claiming them ap
Closed Thread