iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
mharr171
<Cool Title>

"Come on, come on!" cried the chuunin. He obviously wasn't being challenged enough. Masaiasu was not impressed as he watched the more experienced shinobi bang on his chest. Is this guy some kind of monkey? What an act! This is ridiculous!

Masaiasu noticed some water being spit towards his ally. Seriously? How long was the water spitting going to last between these two? The clone closest to the chuunin and Masaiasu himself both turned their backs quickly towards other two shinobi. The young man quickly formed a string of hand seals hidden from the sight of his opponent. All of a sudden, the clone facing the other swung his arm at the other two, effectively destroying the other clone and in an almost seamless act Masaiasu's body liquefied and dropped into a puddle on the ground.

Hopefully he won't realize that its only my clone that is still left standing. This better work. His clone jumped back five yards, distancing himself as the chuunin turned his sights on him. "Catch me if you can!" taunted the clone. The chuunin flew past the puddle of water on the ground and continued his intended assault on the only Masaiasu left, the clone. The first strike was closing in on the clone's face, but he narrowly pulled his head back just in time. Then came another swing and once again, he was barely able to distance himself from the blow. Then came the third, and smack! The clone took a soft hit to the cheek. Water exploded everywhere, effectively soaking the chuunin.

Well, that was all the clone had in him. Masaiasu would have to come out of hiding sooner or later, and he knew the chuunin wouldn't be fooled for long. Come on now. If this other guy can distract this fool for the long enough, hopefully I can land a decent blow with his back turned.

AP: 3
mharr171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
Junge
make junge great again

OOC: We'll be skipping Sleepy until further notified. So, uh, we'll see how this goes

At this point Masato's uniform was soaking wet, having sustained several massive splashes across the entirety of his body. The tattooed boy had disappeared as well- either previously when Masato had charged on through or right at that moment through some kind of replacement technique. He turned around swiftly and saw nothing but the sight of the other genin, with no sign of the tattooed kid. He heaved his shoulders in disappointment. "Huh. Guess that means I win, eh?"

There were several small puddles scattered about the battle grounds, which might have given craftier shinobi pause. Masato, however, assumed that the tattooed boy had chosen to run away and had no intention of trying to find him. The other genin who were not participating looked either disappointed or anxious. Masato was terrible at discerning which.

"Well..." He looked around cluelessly, not sure exactly where to progress from here. He idly spun a tonfa in one hand. "Someone want to tell me where he went? Or am I going to stand here until he pops out to scare me?" He approached the group in a very unguarded fashion, having dropped the pretense of being in any kind of battle. This wasn't specifically to lure the genin out- he had just lost interest once it became clear the boy had gone into hiding. He wasn't here to play 'who is the better shinobi', Masato just liked the raw joy of swapping blows with people who wouldn't break his jaw (usually).

"I'll count down from 10, I guess." His words were lax, his attention unfocused. "Mr. Tattoo face is disqualified if he doesn't show up by then." He held up a hand to the group of genin, looking into their face hard as though he hid among them. "One!"
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #13
Sabaku Ookami
Back from the dead

"In what field of combat would hiding count as disqualification, Masato-san? You wanted real combat, not training, so find him," A calm, slightly amused voice asked as a heavily tattooed Shinobi appeared next to the group of Genin in a puff of smoke.

The Genin he had appeared by were startled by his sudden appearance, looking from this newcomer to the Chuunin. The man's name was Orochi, the cleaver wielding Jounin of the Tanshin Clan. The cleaver in question, Rifuburedo or 'Reef Blade', was resting on his shoulder as if it weighed nothing at all. He stood facing the Chuunin as the puddles on the floor grew larger and joined together as one, growing until it covered the area upon which they stood.

"Mizukaisou Bunshin no Jutsu!"

Smiling, he allowed his hands to form the relevant seals, something he had learnt to do even if one of them was occupied with Rifuburedo. His reflection on the water pulled itself from the surface, not once but twice. Orochi and the two reflection clones, identical to the tattooed Tanshin Clansman, took up places at the edge of the puddle and waited to see how the Chuunin would react.

"I'm going to watch how your opponent performs," Oro explained, "You concentrate on fighting him. That way training and combat remain separate but are as one."

Last edited by Sabaku Ookami; 05-08-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Sabaku Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
mharr171
<Cool Title>

Masaiasu was suprised to see the Jounin appear out of nowhere. Before he knew it the Jounin had created clones and there were three identical looking, cleaver wielding badasses surrounding him and the chuunin.

His opponent, the chuunin had started counting down, so Masaiasu had to make his move soon. This should be good, I want to land at least one solid blow on this chuunin while this other guy is watching! Gotta show the higher-ups what I'm made of! He sat there for another second or two going over the possible outcomes of his next maneuver. He played out each situation quickly in his head, hoping that somehow this would give him an advantage. Masaiasu reanimated from the puddle that he was previously hiding in. He was currently behind the chuunin, so if he was quiet enough he just might be able to sneak in a quick strike before he was noticed.

As fast as he could, he raised his right leg behind his body. His torso fell to the left as he swung his right leg around, attempting to make contact with his shin against the side of the chuunin's back. If he struck, the coral shinguard he still had on would likely cause some bruising. He had already planned out all his possible actions, he was going to stick with taijutsu for the next few moments. If he struck, he would be satisfied with himself and would continue trying to land another blow/ probably next with the back of his fist, but it was unlikely. Knowing that the chuunin would likely block his kick, he readied his arms and fists up infront of his chest so that he would be ready to block any counter measures the chuunin may throw back at him. Here it goes! Don't want to look like a fool. I have to show that I'm better than all these pussies who decided to just watch.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
Junge
make junge great again

As was typical, someone showed up to ruin his day.

"Eigh...Aw, what the hell!" He threw up his arms to display his exasperation. "We were takin' a break! This ain't combat or training, it's just for fun." His mind was already clear of the image of the bleeding genin, the illusion having done little to break his inappropriate enjoyment of violence. "Not even introducing yourself first, dropping in on our lesson, now what kind of behavior is that?!" He turned around with an dramatic hand gesture as if swatting an insect from the air. "I don't care what your giant hunk of iron is compensating for. We were having a good time without any-"

A coral plated shin smashed into his side. His clothes let off a soft, cute squish as the impact slammed into him. He let out an equally pathetic "Fuuugh" and fell back, his gesturing hand sluggishly falling back into a combat position. There was a bit of a masochistic shine in his eye. That tattooed genin liked to fight dirty. At least he likes to fight at all. More than I can say for some.

The chuunin's voice was a bit raspy from having just gotten kicked in the lungs but still held onto its usual passion. "Yo, dye-heads, just try to stay dry, eh?" With another energetic burst the enthusiastic sailor recklessly hurled himself at the tattooed genin. His posture was bent low, as if going for a full body tackle. One of his tonfa slid out from under his grip and he smashed it into the ground, his momentum carrying him forward like a crashing wave.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
Sabaku Ookami
Back from the dead

The assembled Genin laughed as Masaiasu's strike connected with the frustrated Chuunin. Orochi simply nodded his approval of the Genin's tactic. Reacting to new developments on the field, exploiting distraction as a weak spot and then simultaneously preparing for a counter. Oro had seen Masaiasu fighting for less than a minute and he was already impressed. Masato, on the other hand, was not impressing him yet. He seemed overconfident, much like he had been at that rank. Although the Chuunin was three years his senior, he seemed less mature, although Oro would not judge him too harshly for that. Not everyone was unfortunate enough to be brought down to earth the way he had been.

"If you're that interested, my name is Tanshin Orochi. Although I would suggest you worry less about me and more about him. Don't want a Genin showing you up, do we?"

Secretly, Orochi did want the Genin to excel. It was always good to see the boundaries of the ranks blurring. Falling silent, Oro and his clones simply watched, allowing him to see the combat from three different angles and better judge their performance. Was he judging them for any great purpose? Not really. It was just an interesting way to pass the time.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #17
mharr171
<Cool Title>

Masaiasu did not get to see the Orochi's reaction to his landed blow, but he was hoping the Jounin would be impressed. I got him! Suddenly, his excitement shifted to pure focus. He didn't want to give the chuunin a chance to return the blow. Luckily he had already prepared himself for a counter attack. What he wasn't expecting though was the blow to the ground that the chuunin made as he started his charge.

Masaiasu attempted to dodge the human wrecking ball as he flew towards him. The small tremor that shook the ground had thrown him off balance though. Masaiasu let out a quiet,"Whoa," accidentally letting his opponent know that his maneuver was even slightly successful. The young genin was planning to dive to the left but the tremor had just slightly thrown him off and his responsive reflex has too late despite his planning ahead. The chuunin flew through the young man's legs as they were mid air, his escape was just milliseconds too late. Masaiasu spun in the air, knocked off course by the blow to his legs. Getting hit back wasn't so much fun.

The crowd of genin roared up, making loud noises while cheering on both competitors. They didn't care who hit who, they just loved to watch the action, and surely that last hit was by no means by luck. The chuunin was much faster than Masaiasu, and the genin knew this full well. The young man put his hands down on the grass where he had landed and pushed himself back up, grabbing a fist full of grass discretely in the process. "Ok! Ok! You got me back!" He raised his empty hand up in front of his chest, signaling to hold up. "Look, you're the one that said, 'Try to lay a cheap shot on Master Kurusu!' and I did just that, so I win right?" The young genin was half serious, and the other half of him just didn't want to get his ass handed to him in front of his peers.

Last edited by mharr171; 05-09-2012 at 06:57 AM..
Old 05-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
Junge
make junge great again

The satisfaction of landing a blow was addictive- even on a smaller, less skilled, and heavily disadvantage target like the kid. Masato's thrust had shoved him right under his target's fleeing body and he shouldered the diminutive boy aside without hesitation. The fact there was a jounin watching (a Tanshin, at that) didn't make much if any difference to Masato. If this kid wanted to play, then Masato would play! Most jounin tended to dislike him anyway- he always assumed it was just because most of them were joyless sacks of blood and guts. This Tanshin guy didn't seem any different- everything was all about results. Who was winning, losing, gaining or falling. It was like they lived in another world.

Luckily in Masato's reality beating up children was still considered in good sport. He slowed his charge and twisted back around, almost hopping from foot to foot with anticipation. The genin seemed hesitant to continue, so he postponed a second assault for a moment. "Ehehe, is that how it is?" His bouncing legs carried him in a slow circle around the genin as he tried to position himself so the genin on-lookers could watch them both easier. They needed to have fun too, after all!

"You're right, you did get me pretty good."
He slapped the side of his chest where the genin had struck only seconds ago. "But I don't remember putting any winning conditions on our little game!" Actually he might have- Masato was terrible at keeping track of what he said. It didn't sound like something he would say, but even if he had said it he could not care less about who had 'won' or 'lost'. Both players were still standing, so the show must go on, right? Besides, the kid looked fine- he wasn't even bleeding anymore!

Still, there was a sense of desperation in the genin's voice that touched Masato. He was obviously outmatched and none of his friends had saw fit to help- and it wouldn't be any fun if Masato just charged at him over and over until something gave way. "How about this," the chuunin's voice was conciliatory but still eager. "If you can knock me down, we'll call it your win. Hell," he turned to the blue-haired jounin standing nearby. " As a bonus, why not ask this nosy Tanshin buddy for help? That ought to make it fair, right?"

Of course that wouldn't be fair, but then the fairness was slanted more in favor of the genin than for Masato. Advantages, disadvantages- he just didn't care. If the genin didn't want to play anymore than Masato couldn't have his fun. So he would handicap himself- likely lose as a result- and keep the game going. Assuming the Tanshin even wanted to take part, that is.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
mharr171
<Cool Title>

"Why do you think I need his help huh?" Masaiasu questioned the chuunin while trying to sound confident in his abilities. He glanced over at one of the three identical Jounin then quickly shifted his eyes back to his opponent. He thought for a couple seconds while staring at the ground in front of him, he could either accept or deny the challenge. Some of the genin had truly believed that he was going to give up. "Come on, Masaiasu! You gonna give up now?!" yelled one of the bystanders. This made the genin furious. "Oh yeah?! Well you're free to jump in any time you, brat! Just shut up and keep watching, that's all you're god for anyways." snapped the angered boy. A lack of confidence quickly overcame his facial expressions as he brought his chin back up and accepted the chuunin's challenge. He wasn't sure he could handle the chuunin, but he sure as hell was going to try.

"Fine, let's do this!" he yelled as he began charging towards the chuunin once again. About 3 feet from the chuunin the young boy came to a screeching halt. He tried to make it look like he had backed out on his decision to fight. He stared into the chuunin's eyes, blinked once, then again. Almost comically he threw the grass that he had been holding in his hands up into the hair right in front of the chuunin's eyes. The crowd of genin burst into laughter, not knowing what Masaiasu truly had up his sleeve.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
Junge
make junge great again

Grass fell lazily around the combatants. This maneuver simultaneously confused and amused the sailor. Was he trying to throw sand in my face? He watched the thin leaves flutter downwards with a smile. That's cute. Useless, but cute.

The smile persisted on the chuunin's face for a few moments, then grew dark. His eyes glazed over and he seemed distracted by something in the distance. There was a fell tone in his voice. "Huh." There was a brief widening of his pupils, followed by his body suddenly tensing up. He took some steps back, looked around, and stared directly at the genin who had thrown the grass in his face. His voice shifted again, the casual carelessness that usually filled it all but gone and replaced with something altogether foreign and disgusted. "What did you do? Kid, what the fuck are you doing?" He rubbed his eyes as if to scrub whatever horrors he saw from out from under his lids. "Why would you think something like that is appropriate...god damn, you little shit!" He spat his words at the genin with a furious glare.

Filled with righteous fury the chuunin's legs shot him forward. It had taken him some time to respond to the illusion and he wasn't entirely sure where the tattooed genin was. Instead, he swung his arms around in a raged fury where the genin had been standing moments ago. His blows were not deliberately weakened this time. He was intent on crushing that brat's face, if only because the anger kept him from having to acknowledge the awful illusion that now filled his senses.