iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
Sinnocent
So fragile yet so devious

Lol, Sam... Doesn't Engi just make you feel old sometimes? In 2006 when I joined, things were sooo much different, just in my life in general xD I was happily partying and just of drinking age. Now I've got a freaking kid that some of Engi has helped raise in their on way or at least "watched" grow up from stories.

And oh Pande, I almost miss him sometimes until I remember all the drama :x
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #22
samaru
Engi Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
Oh, you were here then? I'd always assumed you came in on the vbulletin days for some reason. Shows what I know. Need to beef up on Engi history.
Here's a run down of Engi History:

I remember PandemoniumPuppet ("Pande" now) approached me on a forum called "NarutoTalk" (not sure if people remember this one). He wanted to start an RP forum. I think I refused at first, then he got someone else. Anywhoot, the person Pande hired eventually f-ed things up and got fired. Then I stepped in and migrated the forum from phpBB to vBulletin and stayed an admin and contributed a lot in the normal forums. I never got into RP though. Then, the one who f-ed up everything from the last forum decided to come back - many people refused. Not sure how it came to be, but eventually we let this person in as a goof, then he was liked again. The person that was hated back then was Baka-san. He shaped up since then and turned out to be pretty cool.

Once the forum was in better health, it was time to transfer the domain ownership from the person that previously owned it: Bers. This was like pulling teeth. Not sure how we did it, but he finally caughed up the account information. At the end of the day, though, him and I came to terms.

It was decided that I would be the master admin of the entire site and I would run the Paypal account, and all the accounts for that matter. Pande and I worked closely then (around 2003-2004?). I started enhancing the site with features and posting heavily in non-RP forums. Pande lead the RP and its direction. Eventually though, he started getting busy outside of the forum and left ownership to me, so I decided to keep it alive and been doing so until now. Since then, he's come back every once in a while, and he's always welcomed back.

We've had lots of people be admins and mods - most of them (if not all) have done great work. I'm always appreciative of people's contributions - many of you are so dedicated - it's great to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnocent
Lol, Sam... Doesn't Engi just make you feel old sometimes?
Yes!!!! I remember I was this young punk at my university's computer lab, doing my homework on one window, while the other window had Engi. I was really a forum whore back then, forum-baiting people into my Sasuke-hatred threads that I would create: http://www.narutorp.net/showthread.php?t=2355

Now I'm a sr. software engineer, with a bachelors in computer science, and engaged. Where's the time gone!!!! I still have a passion for Anime (haven't missed an episode of Naruto) and video games.

.:[? My Deviant Artwork ?]:.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #23
Res
Ancient Member

MOAR, YOU WANT MOAR?

Happy Engiversary, everyone! As a small "part II" to our Engiversary celebrations, all members will receive ONE free Thread Point to spend on a character. This offer will end upon the close of March, so post in THIS THREAD to tell us where you want your Thread Point spent!

Note: The Engiversary Thread Point will expire after the end of March, so don't bother "claiming" it and holding on to it forever. You have to spend it before March 31st <3
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #24
Pandemonium Puppet
Engi no Founder

Wow. Seven years. I'll admit, it managed to drag itself forward longer than I thought.

Good luck, on to year eight! :P
Old 03-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #25
MASh
aka KattaAka

Heh... 7 years eh? I can repeat what Sam said... When I joined Engi I was just a kid in school... now's I'm graduating Uni... and guess what, practically engaged myself. =p

I remember Pande mentioning that he was thinking of making another separate RP and how he said that it was age restricted, and I was PM'ing him asking if I could still get in. =D

Time flies by fast my friends, enjoy it while you can.

Congrats Engi on 7 years, it's just amazing!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #26
Pandemonium Puppet
Engi no Founder

Oh, and by the by, a more accurate view on Engi history:

- Once upon a time, there was a little segment on Narutofan's forums (back when NF was young) where a few nerds could RP. I was a relative newcomer there myself when it fell apart for the so-manieth time because of admin issues, and I decided to talk to a few other people (these being Manten Shikaku and Final Ultima) and we started Engi no Jutsu on a small server, which would ensure the RPers of NF could play without constantly having the server wiped. We pulled in some of the members of NF, such as Lazy Shadow, Darkarma, Slavik, White Eyes, lilmrhalfazn, sushyisama, Bers and numerous others.
- After a few months, I was basically the only Admin remaining of the initial three, and the server was falling apart. Bers helped out financially getting the thing up to speed, and we held on for a while longer. I pulled in a few other people with some more experience, such as Samaru, who has been Engi's saving grace ever since, and we quickly moved on to a better server, better forum, and our numbe rof members began to increase rapidly.

Over the following years, a lot happened. Admins came and went (Tenjin, CNagy, TLLOTS, to name a few), Manten came back under the guise of Baka-san and sorta reinvented himself as a pretty decent guy, and lilmrhalfazn turned out to be gay, which everyone already knew anyway.

Eventually, when things began to dwindle, and I was having personal issues with some of the staff members, I decided it was time for me to take the backseat and let other people run things. Admittedly, the forum has been in decline ever since, but that wasn't something I could've changed; it was bound to happen. Still, I'm glad to see something I started over 7 years ago is still keeping people entertained. I don't come here that often anymore, and people have stopped asking me about other projects, so I stopped advertising, but my time on Engi has meant a lot to me. It's good to know it managed to do the same for others.

Peace all.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #27
Darkarma
Engi Antediluvian

Here the oldest of veterans shows up, I'm not going to be left out either... Hello folks, and wow, 7 years and no change to 4.0?

Joking anyways, hello to everyone active... to all lurkers I wish you a +5 Cloak of Shadows to further you lurking powers, Puppet nice to see you again.

To all the veterans, hope things are going well, miss you guys and the fun we had.

And if your interested in talking to an old timer like me, my IM is always open... well most always, but close enough.

I wish all of you the best.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #28
Meno
Apparently Mist GM

Jumping on just to say hello and whatnot. Good to see this place is still around after all this time. It's kind of funny, but I still have Engi in my bookmarks, despite not really coming around anymore. Maybe I'll become a little more active again someday.

In any case, hears to 7 more years!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #29
Rizhou
Character Registry Stalker

Pande and Meno! <33333

I missed both of you. ):

Happy Engiversery, to all on Engi. You make getting up in the morning worthwhile. ^^
Old 03-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #30
samaru
Engi Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium Puppet View Post
Oh, and by the by, a more accurate view on Engi history:

- Once upon a time, there was a little segment on Narutofan's forums (back when NF was young) where a few nerds could RP. I was a relative newcomer there myself when it fell apart for the so-manieth time because of admin issues, and I decided to talk to a few other people (these being Manten Shikaku and Final Ultima) and we started Engi no Jutsu on a small server, which would ensure the RPers of NF could play without constantly having the server wiped. We pulled in some of the members of NF, such as Lazy Shadow, Darkarma, Slavik, White Eyes, lilmrhalfazn, sushyisama, Bers and numerous others.
- After a few months, I was basically the only Admin remaining of the initial three, and the server was falling apart. Bers helped out financially getting the thing up to speed, and we held on for a while longer. I pulled in a few other people with some more experience, such as Samaru, who has been Engi's saving grace ever since, and we quickly moved on to a better server, better forum, and our numbe rof members began to increase rapidly.

Over the following years, a lot happened. Admins came and went (Tenjin, CNagy, TLLOTS, to name a few), Manten came back under the guise of Baka-san and sorta reinvented himself as a pretty decent guy, and lilmrhalfazn turned out to be gay, which everyone already knew anyway.

Eventually, when things began to dwindle, and I was having personal issues with some of the staff members, I decided it was time for me to take the backseat and let other people run things. Admittedly, the forum has been in decline ever since, but that wasn't something I could've changed; it was bound to happen. Still, I'm glad to see something I started over 7 years ago is still keeping people entertained. I don't come here that often anymore, and people have stopped asking me about other projects, so I stopped advertising, but my time on Engi has meant a lot to me. It's good to know it managed to do the same for others.

Peace all.
Thanks for putting it into perspective. I hope I didn't butcher it too much, my old friend.

.:[? My Deviant Artwork ?]:.
Closed Thread