iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

I'm so oooooooold!

. . .

I don't know what else there is to say.

I could probably write a really long speech, but it would amount to: You can never leave Engi, because it's more than just a url. So many people on Engi are truly awesome, and just being here for nearly five years is enough to make someone not only into a great writer but into someone who isn't a complete idiot. Which is good, because I don't think anyone was looking forward to my projected intelligence five years ago. :P. But truthfully, much of my own thoughts have already been said by others already (especially db, as I too am no longer a whiny 13 year old).

I'll try and be around for another 110 years so that my username can come to make some sense.

<3 ya guys.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 03-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #12
Apple
Usually Confused.

Wow, seven years is a long time. That's like...almost half my age. 0.o

Either way, even though I've only been hear a few short months, I've had the real pleasure of meeting some truly awesome people and also the oppurtunity to write with these awesome and like minded individuals. I'm excited to see what this new year brings for Engi.
with or without me
before and after me
and during me as well."

Walking Forwards - Satake Koru.
Revel in War - Akane.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #13
Kato

Wow, Seven years ago, I would have been in grade school....
Old 03-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #14
Koizal

Seven years.

I could say something witty, something nostalgic, something that might be significant in some way. But, I can't because everyone else already did it and it would be redundant.

So! Instead, I'll say this... I've only been here since the start of January, not long really, I still got that new newb smell and shine. But I already feel at home. Many of the people here are those I care about despite the short time. Engi truly is more than a forum, its a family.

Happy Engiversary, and long live Engi.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #15
Virtual Dream
Battle-scarred Shogun

We don't care about ninjas anymore. Half of us haven't read or seen Naruto in any serious capacity since the Chuunin exams. (Isn't Nayrudo the head ninja because he went SSJ or something?)

This is a community that enjoys the hell out of our little tongue-in-cheek world, own up to it and keep it going. It's THE strongest roleplaying community on the internet (with, perhaps, a respectful and noted nod to a community of Macross roleplayers who've been around since the early 90s) and easily the most fun to be around.

To my friends who match me in years (I have half of them!), cheers. It's been a ride. I miss the people who've moved on. Particularly Darkarma and Chiru, if they poke in from time to time to lurk. (Call me, guys!)

To those who've held he torch for us noobs to follow in, I thank you.

And, for those newcomers that show up even now, I have my hats off to you. Sure, it's not about the Naruto anymore, but we're a family here. We all, at one point, have made handsigns and attempted Rasengan, at least in private.

With the loss of Maashi Kishimoto to the tsunami tragedy, it's kind of heartwarming to see such strong bonds of friendship united under his themes and characters. It's what he always wrote about, and we made it real.

I'm not a religious man, but I think there's something mystical about that.

I love you, comrades.

Maybe, it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(swaps [AP] items)
Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
Virtual Dream
Battle-scarred Shogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Dream View Post
We don't care about ninjas anymore. Half of us haven't read or seen Naruto in any serious capacity since the Chuunin exams. (Isn't Nayrudo the head ninja because he went SSJ or something?)

This is a community that enjoys the hell out of our little tongue-in-cheek world, own up to it and keep it going. It's THE strongest roleplaying community on the internet (with, perhaps, a respectful and noted nod to a community of Macross roleplayers who've been around since the early 90s) and easily the most fun to be around.

To my friends who match me in years (I have half of them!), cheers. It's been a ride. I miss the people who've moved on. Particularly Darkarma and Chiru, if they poke in from time to time to lurk. (Call me, guys!)

To those who've held he torch for us noobs to follow in, I thank you.

And, for those newcomers that show up even now, I have my hats off to you. Sure, it's not about the Naruto anymore, but we're a family here. We all, at one point, have made handsigns and attempted Rasengan, at least in private.

With the loss of Maashi Kishimoto to the tsunami tragedy, it's kind of heartwarming to see such strong bonds of friendship united under his themes and characters. It's what he always wrote about, and we made it real.

I'm not a religious man, but I think there's something mystical about that.

I love you, comrades.
I don't have an edit button and I had spreading false information: The relative safety of Kishimoto has NOT been verified, I've doublechecked my facts and found conflicting reports. Since none of them are particularly respectable journalists, I'll be waiting for further info.

Still, comrades and honored friends amongst the shadow of a man and so on.

Maybe, it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(swaps [AP] items)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
xskiesx
Hadouken!

Wow, it's Been a while and I still love this place. It's good to know so many others do too, this character in the works will get some action yet.

Happy 7th.

Shouryuu of Leaf
Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Jake
Lexicanum Librarian

So, I am gonna pop in here and say "HI!!!!!!" and it is amazing to see Engi still going after all these years. Good luck on the future.

Game IDs:
LoL: Haokah
Battle.net: LowAPM#1750

AP:14
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
samaru
Engi Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
What started out as a little forum started at the whim of three people who are no longer here;
Ha, I'm not dead yet. Yea, it's been a long time. I think I met Pandemonium Puppet when I was like 19/20. Now I'm 30. Can't believe the Engi spirit has lasted so long. This community has always ruled. Yeah, we've had some serious buzzkills, but we always find a way to deal with them.

My passion for Anime motivates me to keep the forum running.

.:[? My Deviant Artwork ?]:.

Last edited by samaru; 03-16-2011 at 11:47 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #20
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Oh, you were here then? I'd always assumed you came in on the vbulletin days for some reason. Shows what I know. Need to beef up on Engi history.

Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Yori ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Caged Cat | Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

I am [Open] To Registry Requests. No, seriously, ask.
Closed Thread