iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:12 AM   #11
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,447
Default



The trip across the sands was, for the most part, rather uneventful. Multiple times, Eri thought to suggest to Sosu to perhaps engage in some small talk or banter with the client to alleviate the mood. After all, some light conversation could go a long way in not only finding out some details of the task that had been left out, but could also develop trust between the shinobi and the client. In the end, however, Eri thought better of the idea. Perhaps being silent and to the point was Sosu's style; Eri would never want to interfere with the chuunin developing his own methods of investigation.

At last, they came to their destination. It was a rather dilapidated building; its stature befitting of a hideout for bandits and thugs. Eri sighed deeply as she assessed the state of the compound. What was a once a place of hope for the abandoned and needy was now home to the vile and morally corrupt. It was truly and unfortunate situation, one that the sand shinobi would have to rectify.

She nodded at Sosu's suggestion to ready their arms, and withdrew the large scroll resting upon her back. In one swoop, she unfurled the lengthy strip of paper and released the contents sealed within. Her trademark weapon, the Gauntlet, now lay before her, the bronze metal glistening brightly in the desert sun. She lifted the heavy shield with ease, securing it to her forearm before giving her charge the signal to proceed.

The front door of the orphanage swung open as the pair of shinobi stood tall in the open doorway. In the lobby of the once proud orphanage were five men, armed to the teeth, lounging about. They stood as the doors flung open, all five staring intensely at the silhouettes now standing before them.

"The hell is this?!" One of the thugs exclaimed. "You two lost or something, what do you want?!"

"Sosu," Eri whispered to the chunnin. "Megumi-san mentioned a name...Yatagarasu Reiten. Let's start there?"

"Well?!" The same thug yelled. "Get the hell outta here if you don't want trouble!"
__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 07:32 AM   #12
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,041
Default

The door creaked open and it seemed like it would have fallen right off the hinges if he had pushed it any harder. Luckily for the door it remained intact and what was an even bigger surprise, was the fact that the whole building didn’t fall down. It felt like there was going to be a sudden shift in the material that made up the house and everything would come crashing down. With fists ready and shield in hand with his superior the two shinobi confronted the five men that were standing near the entrance. The lobby of the orphanage was large, and had vey high ceilings. There was nothing to note except two spiral staircases that brought you to an overhanging balcony on the second floor. On both sides of said balcony were doors; each one lead to the unknown.

However, right now the main concern were the thugs that seemed to have wanted to pick a fight.

”I remember this place. I need to go.” Megumi stated before rushing off towards one of the staircases. Taking an interest in her movements one of the thugs ran after her. The remaining four thugs started to whisper among themselves with shocked faces as if they had just seen a ghost.

”We need to take care of these guys and then go after Megumi. I will take the two on the right; you take the two on the left. “ Sosu stated to his partner as he readied himself.

”Time for a little fun!” Sosu stated as he rushed the two thugs he had designated as his targets.

The thugs were slow to respond because of the relaxed nature of being in the safety of the orphanage and the surprise of someone actually confronting them. However, the distance had given them enough time to stand up and prepare their own assets. One man had a sword and the other had his fists just like Sosu. Unfortunately, for one of the men it would not matter.

Once Sosu had reached the two men he quickly and abruptly stopped as if he was never moving at all and in one quick motion all the momentum of the sprint towards the men was located in his punch. Taking all that force and giving a little boost of chakra Sosu’s fist landed straight in the gut of one man subsequently flinging him against a wall.

His groans reverberated through the lobby.

”Oh yeah!” Sosu stated as he faced his next opponent.

Cayuga is offline  
Old 05-25-2017, 03:16 AM   #13
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,447
Default

Eri had hoped from the start of the mission that this would be an opportunity to teach two young shinobi the art of a clean and thorough investigation. To teach them how to appropriately spot clues and hints that may uncover a client's wishes in a safe and non-combative environment. Unfortunately for the jounin sensei, that appeared to no longer be the case.

All hopes for a peaceful and diplomatic solution came crashing down when their client suddenly burst past the pair, sprinting ahead into the orphanage lobby. Eri reached out to grab her, shouting her name, but by then the thugs had already begun to mobilize leaving the pair of shinobi with no choice but to burst into action.

The jounin noticed one of the thugs had immediately taken notice of Megumi-san's flight and had moved to intercept her. Though Sosu had engaged the targets before them, Eri knew that the client's safety was paramount to the mission success. Moving quickly, she detached the large shield from her forearm and flung it directly at the man in pursuit of their client, striking him square in the back of the head. The force behind the flying disc was fortunately enough to incapacitate her target, and Megumi-san was able to scurry up the stairs to whatever destination she was hellbent on reaching.

However, that unfortunately still left three men to deal with after Sosu was able to send one unsuspecting foe flying into a nearby wall. Were there time, Eri would have certainly commended the boy on his strength, but unfortunately the praise would have to wait until the rest of their opponents were dealt with. With a quick pulse of chakra, her shield came flying back to her location, reattaching itself to its holster on her forearm just in time for her to block a sword strike from one of the burly thugs currently assaulting her and Sosu. He grinned, thinking his attack had the woman pinned down; however, Eri quickly pushed back against his strike sending the man back a few paces. Her opponent's facial expression changed from a grin to a curious gaze as Eri dropped into a combat stance. The jounin knew if the pair of shinobi wished to secure the safety of their client, they would need to act fast.

=======================

__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~


Last edited by Masked_One; 05-26-2017 at 02:41 PM..
Masked_One is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #14
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,041
Default

The fight itself was a massive one indeed. Luckily, for Sosu he had some help in the form of the woman colossus. Her shield was a god send and her skill with it was something that Sosu could really admire. One day he hoped he could face her in a friendly spar. However, there was no time for that and Sosu had to dispatch the last couple of people in front of him. Sosu was quick, way quicker then the thugs in front of him. Charging in Sosu knocked against one of the mans ribs before stepping back from a sword slice from the side. Narrowly missing Sosu developed a smile on his face.

”Wow, two on one…you sure are the nice kind of people. None the less, I feel bad for you.” Sosu stated as he pushed towards the fallen thug now just getting out of his kneeled state.


Knocks to the head lead the man withering in pain as he fell to the floor. His groans and screams subsided a few seconds later as he passed out from the pain. The man with the sword took a step back before running away. Confused and a little upset Sosu laughed at the situation that was happening.

”I think you have this handles Eri-san…I am going to go after Megumi…hopefully she is not too far away.” Sosu screamed playfully towards the jounin as he ran up the stairs.

The stairs themselves were long and the trip to the other side of the balcony led Sosu to believe that the mansion was more massive then first thought. Breaking through the first door that he saw Megumi run through he was pleasantly surprised at what he saw.

In front of him was Megumi, a woman face first in her own blood and a couple thugs littered around the room.

”Megumi, nice work…I didn’t know you were a shinobi?” Sosu stated.

Suddenly, a blade whisked through the air at a speed barely noticeable. Unable to dodge Sosu disappeared in a cloud of smoke. A piece of wood in replace of his body.

”What the hell was that!” Sosu screamed now half way across the room.

”I remember now..I was the leader of these thugs. Now I will return to my rightful place” Megumi stated with a smile.

Cayuga is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #15
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,447
Default

The confrontation with the small band of mercenaries on guard duty ended rather quickly as both shinobi made quick work of their impromptu foes. The brute that Eri faced had ultimately regained his composure and charged forward, unimpeded by the concern which briefly flashed across his face. Eri deftly dodged his blow before ramming her armored fist into the man's stomach, sending two large prongs of metal deep within his flesh. As blood began sputtering from his mouth, she felt a slight tinge of regret for killing her target needlessly. However, as she her charge yelled that he would be pursuing their client, she realized there was no time for sympathy. The pair needed to act quickly to ensure Megumi-san was in no danger.

Shrugging the body of the thug off of her weapon, she hastily rushed through a series of handseals. A strong gust of wind suddenly bellowed behind her as a sizable amount of sand flew from the desert into the orphanage, quickly gathering before her as it began to take form. A few seconds later, the swirling grains of sand had converted into the form of a miniature glass elephant, standing about three feet tall. She gave the elephant a reassuring pat on the head as the glass construct raised its trunk in approval.

Zou-san, Eri said in her head, communicating with the pachyderm through chakra alone. If you could, would you please pursue that man who just ran and bring him down? Then meet me upstairs, is that okay?

Without hesitation, the construct charged down a corridor after the man who fled from Sosu's mighty punches, leaving Eri alone in the great room. She offered a silent thank you to her new ally before charging up the stairs after both her client and Sosu. Hopefully the pair had not been harmed. She heard the boy's voice shouting from down the hall and quickly sprinted forward in that direction.

============================

__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~


Last edited by Masked_One; 06-10-2017 at 01:46 PM..
Masked_One is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #16
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,041
Default

Helping to finish this thread for my man Masked

Megumi was smiling fiendishly while she looked upon her spoils of war and the defeat and death of her enemies. She seemed to be ruthless in the fact that she didn’t hold back to kill her old comrades. However, Sosu, couldn’t blame her so much since it seemed to be in revenge of what has happened to her in the past. Then again, Megumi had attacked Sosu for no reason and even though she might have been the bad guy in this whole situation, she should have at least give him a warning. But, all is fair in love and war.

”I thought you would get a face full of blade and be laying on the floor like my old comrades. However, you are a sly one and I guess I will have to work a little more on you. I am Shinchiro Megumi, Leader of the Blackjack Bandits. I am here for the resurrection of my crew. I will rise on the bodies of the old and from those bodies rise to the top.” Megumi stated as she seemed to rush out against Sosu.

Since Sosu was now prepared for what was about to happen this time, it seemed like Megumi would not be a much trouble as he thought. The girl was not used to fighting for some time and she seemed to have still been rusty on her sword skills. The blade glimmered in the sun that peered through the holes in the building. Each swing missing nearly enough to make the wind be felt on the skin of Sosu.

Sosu began to step back and back until his back landed against the wall. It seemed it was the end of the line for the young boy. The blade came from the front and right when the blade was supposed to hit Sosu’s head it was instead stopped and caught by the young chuunin.

”You need to stop.”
Cayuga is offline  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #17
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,447
Default

As Eri burst into the room where she heard the Chuunin's voice, she came across a scene far different than what she had initially imagined. Due to the shouts and other sounds of battle her anxious mind worried that either her charge or her client would be in great physical peril. Worst of all, her mind worried that she would arrive too late to save them. However, nothing could have prepared her for the actual events transpiring before her very eyes.

At first she couldn't believe it; numerous bodies lay scattered around a room painted in crimson. However, the corpses were all dressed in the same garb as their assailants in the orphanage foyer; neither her charge nor her client were the victims of the bloodbath. No, instead the boy was currently backed up against a wall, his hand resting neatly upon a blade currently pointed directly at his face. A blade held by their very client, Megumi-san.

She acted without hesitation; no matter who had contracted to hire the shinobi, she would not allow them to endanger the life of another placed under her care. Eri's face bore no signs of hesitation or anxiety any longer; her sole focus was protecting the boy. There was a loud thunk as a portion of her shield sprang open, revealing a hollow tube from which a large amount of sand immediately began pouring out. It shot out in a fast stream between Megumi and Sosu, quickly forming into a large idol between the two which forced Megumi away from the pair of shinobi and back towards the center of the room.

Ensuring the safety of the boy had, for a moment, been all that Eri had cared about. Having accomplished that, however, she quickly sought to understand just what transpired while she had taken care of the remaining thugs downstairs. Without taking her eyes off of their client, she called out to the boy. Her tone was serious; the boy's life had been in danger. There was no longer any room for anxiety or hesitation.

"Sosu-kun. What happened here? Tell me, now."

================

Jutsu Used:
Idol of Sand
__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #18
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,041
Default



Megumi, she is the old leader of the gang living here. Her amnesia was caused by the woman that is now dead on the floor in front of her. Without warning she attacked me. She needs to be stopped. However, she got me really bad. I don’t think I can continue to fight against her. You need to finish her off.” Sosu stated clenching his ribs. Blood started to gush out and it seemed like the blade had made a deeper cut then he originally thought.

”Come and get it small fry.” Megumi stated towards Eri as she rushed the Jounin.
Cayuga is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #19
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J
 
Masked_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,447
Default

”Come and get it small fry.”

Her client-turned-adversary taunted the woman as she began to rush forward, blade in hand. Eri knew not what sparked this sudden change, or whether this had been Megumi's goal all along. In all honesty, it didn't matter; after witnessing the sight of Sosu clutching his bleeding ribs in pain, nothing mattered.

"I see."

At once the doors behind Eri flew open as her the elephant she had conjured earlier stomped back onto the battlefield. Megumi lunged to deliver a killing blow, but Eri had jumped high into the air, allowing the pachyderm to pass cleanly underneath her. The glass construct rammed into Megumi's exposed chest, sending her flailing as the impact took her cleanly off her feet. It was a solid blow, but the woman was able to slowly return to a standing position, a small drop of blood trickling from her lips. She began to open her mouth to speak, perhaps to issue another taunt, perhaps to comment on Eri's attack, but Eri didn't allow her the opportunity.

"NOBODY. TOUCHES. MY. STUDENTS!"

The timid and hesitant Eri was gone. In her place now stood a resolved and forceful warrior, utterly hell-bent on destroying the enemy before her. For despite her shyness, despite her reservedness, it was well known within Hidden Sand that Furude Eri was pure, unrestrained destruction whenever her student's safety was at stake. Very few individuals had ever bore witness to just why the demure woman known as Eri had a nickname as bold and imposing as "The Colossus", but those that did spun tales of a violent and unbridled force that many dismissed as hyperbole. Sosu would now have the privilege of joining that small crew.

She flew through a quick set of hand seals and slammed her palm on the ground. Almost instantaneously the windows in the large room shattered as a large gust of wind carried in a titanic amount of sand from the desert around them. The sand slowly began circling around Eri, forming the gigantic torso of a warrior behind Eri. As she let out a loud battle cry she motioned both of her fists downwards, the imposing colossus doing the same. Megumi tried to speak, she tried to step backwards to escape, but it was far too late. She let out a scream as two giant fists of sand slammed down upon her body, utterly annihilating her as the sand drowned out the last of her voice.

There were a few moments of silence as Eri slowly brought her hands up from the floor and returned to a standing position. She turned her head, her menacing gaze meeting the wide-eyed stare of the chuunin. She trudged over, an aura of blood lust still emanating from the woman as she finally stood mere inches from his face...

"S-sosu-kun, you're hurt! Oh no, we must get you back immediately! Come, let's get you back and patched up, d-don't worry. I promise, everything will be okay! Let's get you back now, okay?"

======================

Jutsu used: Shadow of the Colossus
__________________



Thank you Relu for the buttons!


I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD


~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump