iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
Relu
Stargazer

Default MMORPGs

So I was thinking about this and figured I should make a thread for us all to gripe about MMOs.

I've been playing Final Fantasy 14 since a few months after A Realm Reborn came out and I really enjoy the battle system. It's simplistic but depending on your job it has a lot of variety. Heavensward added good new options such as a new tank and healer as well as interesting and fun story and content. Now Stormblood is rolling around and I'm only finding myself interested for story purposes. Sure, I wanna play a Red Mage and the general game improvements are exciting but there's a large problem.

The server transfer has DESTROYED all hope I had of playing Stormblood. I don't know if I need to nag my ISP or nag Square (because many many others have been negatively affected by this) but my game is unplayable. I will have perfect connection for a bit and then the next second I have almost no connection. Upon doing pings and trace routes in the command prompt I find my packets are just dropping for no reason and when they do my ping spikes.

This is unfortunate because I love sinking my time into this game, I like gathering and crafting as well as the combat in it.

My plan is to cancel my subscription and look into other MMOs

I'm currently looking into Black Desert Online with its beautiful character creator, so to start this discussion has anyone played Black Desert and/or what MMOs do you play and why?

{Unfinished}{AP Post}
{Characters}

Relu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
Mr. Hicks
Will RP For Meat

Presently I too play FF XIV, and while I have not had issues with connections I will say it's a bit boring for me because most of the friends I play with are at a much higher level than me and I will pretty much never catch up to them. It also doesn't help that I am on the Balmung server and everyone I know that is here on Engi are on some other server. So yeah, I'm constantly on and off that game. I also play Guild Wars 2 sometimes, but because I am not in a guild it's pretty goddamn boring, obviously.

I recently bought Black Desert Online on Steam I just... don't really seem to enjoy how action oriented it seems. As per usual if I can't seem to find anyone to play with I'm just going to get bored and move on to something else.

Not necessarily MMOs but I also play craptons of Payday 2, Overwatch, and Tabletop Simulator and am always down for a game of it if I am on the correct computer.

Takeshi Sakuragi - Masked Grass Field Doctor
Koji Zansetsu - Hot-Blooded Cloud Field Mechanic
Hideyoshi Watanabe - Conniving Sand Hustler
Mr. Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hicks View Post
Presently I too play FF XIV, and while I have not had issues with connections I will say it's a bit boring for me because most of the friends I play with are at a much higher level than me and I will pretty much never catch up to them. It also doesn't help that I am on the Balmung server and everyone I know that is here on Engi are on some other server.
There's a level cap, so it's actually possible for them to always outpace you. I also have a character around level ~40 still doing his MSQ on Balmung! Recently there was a update where you can play with anyone on your data center, by the way. Plenty of options there.

I'm also fond of Tabletop Sim, Overwatch, and Payday 2. We should rob some banks sometime.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:10 AM   #4
Relu
Stargazer

I got mudfish and now FFXIV works! huzzah!

And just in time for Stormblood, who's ready?

{Unfinished}{AP Post}
{Characters}

Old 06-12-2017, 02:27 AM   #5
CommonRider
Snow Village GM

I've always wanted to get into MMO's but I don't have the mindset for them. I get distracted easily in games so leveling up specific stats has never worked out well for me.

Snow Village GM Prove Me Wrong
Mist Genin | Leaf Genin | Sand Genin | Rain Chuunin | Snow Jounin

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
CommonRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
Relu
Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonRider View Post
I've always wanted to get into MMO's but I don't have the mindset for them. I get distracted easily in games so leveling up specific stats has never worked out well for me.
MMO's are dangerous games to be sidetracked in because you'll be grinding levels for a battle class or something and then next day you're like "I'VE BECOME THE BEST FISHERMAN IN ALL THE LAND! w..wait I was supposed to be leveling."

{Unfinished}{AP Post}
{Characters}

Old 06-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #7
CommonRider
Snow Village GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relu View Post
MMO's are dangerous games to be sidetracked in because you'll be grinding levels for a battle class or something and then next day you're like "I'VE BECOME THE BEST FISHERMAN IN ALL THE LAND! w..wait I was supposed to be leveling."
My issue I think was that I played Runescape and I didn't really know what I was doing. There was no real class system so I was just kind of doing everything instead of focusing on one job task. I have a ff14 account, but I got lonely playing solo so I kind of gave up. My friends were all so high level that I didn't think it was worth it, but it sucks because they keep going on and on about it. I should probably give it another shot, but I'd have to do the base game and everything in between.

Snow Village GM Prove Me Wrong
Mist Genin | Leaf Genin | Sand Genin | Rain Chuunin | Snow Jounin

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
CommonRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #8
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

No time like today to start! FF14 is special to me because I enjoyed the story so much that leveling up the first class doesn't feel like a chore.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #9
Silverius

I personally feel like Overwatch is Over-rated, though I do like Payday 2.
Silverius is offline   Reply With Quote