iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,452
Default Black Forest Resort

It felt weird, the rush of chakra could be felt in the air and the whole forest surrounding the shrine seemed different. It seemed like they were finally free from a large burden that had haunted them ever since they had arrived in the woods. The sound of birds began to ring through the ears of the chuunin and he looked at the two comrades that he had.

As he listened to Fuku, the feeling of optimism and pride rushed with the boy. He was ready to go into the next part of the journey, to make a name for him and make Sunagakure proud.


”I want to go to the next pat of this journey, we need to defeat this miasma and whatever other monsters are within the forest. We are destined to win this fight and we will make sure of it. Sento, what do you say old man; got another fight in you?” Sosu stated as a small smile crossed his face.

There was nothing more that Sosu wanted to do then to make it out of these woods a hero.
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,815
Default

"Watch who you call old, kid."

Somehow Sento's mood managed to worsen as time went on. He was doing marginally better than he had been after an hour or so of rest, during which he made Sosu and Fuku watch as he cleaned and stitched the cut on his upper chest closed. In taking his shirt off to do so, his entire history was laid bare--the "justice" tattoo on his arm, the countless scars and burns dotting his entire upper torso.

"You'll be lucky to get to my age," he said, Ryuugamaru still gripped in his right hand. "Especially today."

He had to admit, watching Sosu fight was... concerning. He was enthusiastic, fearless... reckless. Stupid. Sento had watched a number of shinobi his age, all with bright visions of their futures, get snuffed out in an instant because they couldn't see what was right in front of them. It was why he refused to lead a squad back in Cloud, although he was certain Nagai wasn't going to let him get away with it for long.

Sento was, at least, encouraged by at least partially familiar jungle sounds. This wasn't like before, when he entered to nothing but deafening silence. He still wanted to know what it was that he'd killed. Sosu smashed the skull before he could even get a chance to look at it, leaving them walking into another situation blind. Again.

Hidden Sand is definitely different.
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #3
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

"We should continue to move," Fuku said as Sento finished his first aid session, "Though the power has been released from the last shrine, the miasma isn't gone. It is only slowed. To complete your mission, there is still another shrine you must attack. You say there was another team of shinobi handling the other shrines? In that case, I know which direction we must go next."

Fuku still seemed unconcerned with Sento's wounds, or with anything really. His expressions were plain, and he spoke in a flat tone. He watched Sento work, but now that the work was coming to an end, he started to move them in the direction they needed to go, to the next cardinal direction.

Fuku seemed to move without needing much guidance, he knew exactly where he was going even as the forest grew dark again, and the sound of animals faded yet again. It seemed they were heading back deep into the miasma.

As they traveled there was a sword stuck out of the ground, blade down. It looked like it was rather low quality, the blade chipped along the edge. Soon, there was another, and then another, before they were passing by collections of weapons big and small.

"It seems like we are getting close to the next temple," Fuku said.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,452
Default

Sento continued to heal himself with the bandages and Sosu was led by Fuku into the forest. It felt like the miasma began to become thick once again and to Sosu this was dangerous.

Sosu knew that the heavier the miasma, the more likely they were to the shrine or destination. Then the swords began to appear. At first there were was only one, then a few, then a dozen, and then the whole area was littered with the pieces of broken metal.

"You seem to be right, however, where is the shrine?" Sosu retorted as he looked at one of the larger blades. He had known enough to not pick any of them up.
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:19 AM   #5
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,815
Default

"...pretty sure I've had nightmares that looked like this."

Sento wasn't even kidding; a barren battlefield with rusted and forgotten weaponry was, in fact, the backgrop of one of his recurring nightmares. In his dreams, though, he was unarmed, and forced to use what he found--everything kept breaking, and his faceless opponent was every bit as strong as he was. Between the miasma and his Gates usage earlier, the heavy feeling in his chest began to feel more and more like an anxiety attack.

He drew Tsugunai quietly, more as an act of self comforting than anything else. The blade seemed to respond in kind, the long, somewhat ancient looking bandage wrapped around the end coiling twice around his forearm.

"This is a graveyard, kid. If what happened earlier is any indication, this is a bigger problem than that shrine." Sento continued along behind Fuku, his expression grim. Surveying their surroundings, he could already see several problems. His own fighting style thrived in close spaces with multiple avenues of attack. This place was distressingly open and offered little opportunity for subterfuge and misdirection. The exact issue he had in his dream.

"We were 'close' when that wolf thing attacked too. I'd expect more of the same. Fuku... you may want to hang back." No sense being in harm's way if you're not gonna do anything.
Majinken rattled a bit in its sheathe as if laughing at Sento's thought.
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,452
Default

Sento began to talk to Sosu and it seemed like he was right in the idea that there was something greater going on within the forest. They had fought the wolves and their shadows to the extreme that Sosu could not imagine and it was with that idea that he wanted to be ready for whatever came next. With a quick scroll scribe with his blood he slammed his hand down and within a moment a poof of smoke emanated throughout his figure. Now next to him was the cinnamon colored dog , Daiki.

”Boss, I need a rest, you just called me before.” Daiki pleaded.

”I need you buddy” Sosu begged towards the dog with his own puppy dog eyes.

It seemed to work as Daiki exhaled and shook his head in agreement.

Sosu agreed with Sento telling Fuku to sit back again; it was unfortunate that he didn’t want to help.

As they continued their search Daiki began to growl in a direction to the East and there stood the shrine among the blades.

It was as if it just appeared out of nowhere and although it seemed weird at the time, Sosu was alright with the situation.

He knew that if it was anything like he had to deal with prior there would be a monster of an enemy near by. Hopefully, that enemy was too busy dealing with something else.

”I see the shrine Fuku and Sento, be on guard.” Sosu whispered.
Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #7
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

By the time Sosu looked back to speak to Fuku again, the man was gone again. There was no sign that he was even there to begin with. Just a wind carrying the miasma through the darkened forest.

The shrine was more open than the last one. There was no elaborate temple built up around it, just a small building with a closed door on it. All around it the weapons that were out in the field built up more and more until the shrine was practically a dumping ground of weapons piled on top of each other.

There a few feet away from the shrine itself was a man in crimson armor, legs crossed, a katana in his lap. He would have seemed practically normal if not for the horns protruding from his head, and the light glow coming from behind his eyelids. He took a calming breath.

Even with the distance they still had away from the shrine, it was clear he was aware of their presence.

"So you killed wolfboy did you?" The man said without turning his head toward the approaching group, "That's kind of impressive, I have to admit. Though it seems it took you a little time. The miasma, are you breathing it in? Taking deep breaths?"

He opened his eyes, a wild glare that glowed with an unholy light, looked in their direction even while still seated, "Refreshing, isn't it?!"

Last edited by merdle; 03-27-2019 at 09:25 PM..
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:15 AM   #8
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,452
Default

It was clear to Sosu that the man that sat near the shrine was their next objective. There was no doubt that he was stronger then he looked and to think that each of these blades represented all those that were lost in these woods to this man was probably a proper iteration. As he continued to talk Sosu realized that he was right.

They had been traveling this long and the miasma was filling his lungs but he wondered if it was just a bluff or if it was really doing something to the two shinobi’s bodies. Fuku would have told the duo if it was true, right?

”We came here for the shrine, you can either move or die” Sosu abruptly commanded the demon man.

Without much word he sifted through some hand signs before one of the blades lifted off the ground and propelled itself towards the man. Its target was the center of the demons chest, it would explode on impact.

Deep down, Sosu knew that this was not enough, but instead he was doing it to scare off the fiend. They needed to get to the shrine and break what they needed to break.

Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat
 
GranspearZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,815
Default

Sosu was oblivious. Sento could clearly see it; whether it was from his etensive training, decades of experience and observation, or just knowing his own body, he could absolutely tell the air was affecting him on a physical level. There was also the fact that, for the briefest of moments, his lungs cleared when opening his Gates. It wasn't a bluff. It was as real as the armored swordsman.

"It did take longer than it should have..."
He stopped, drawing Ryuugamaru and separating it into two blades. Embers danced off its sharpened edges. Mention of the wolf was irritating, but the swordsman was right. Sento had grossly underestimated it, and he didn't take into account several different factors that made him far worse off in the current moment. "That was my fault. And I don't intend to make the same mistake twice. But I'm glad at least one of us was entertained."

Echoes of the rush to break the wolf skull entered Sento's mind as Sosu rushed to attack. It crossed his mind to stop him... but instead, Sento moved laterally, stilll focused on the armored figure. For a while after Sosu launched his ninjutsu, Sento said absolutely nothing. Some lessons had to be learned with scars.

What's his game? Ryuugamaru's manifestation popped up from behind Sento, his head tilted at the lone armored figure. What's stopping us from just blowing right past him?

I'm wondering that too.

And yet, there really was no desire to immediately try it. He could certainly have given it a shot, but that could have just as easily been some sort of trap. Instead, he watched Sosu and the figure go at it.

It's fine, Sento-niisan... I kinda want to fight him too.

"This seems like a rather unfair advantage though. Mind turning it off?"
Sento waved his sword at the air in a circle, indicating the miasma. Despite the situation, Sento had an entirely uncharacteristic smile on his face.
__________________

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread

Last edited by GranspearZX; 03-23-2019 at 01:08 PM..
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:10 PM   #10
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

As Sosu launched the sword at the man, his target smiled. He stood up and pulled the sword to his side as he stepped forward. Then he quickly went into a dash, slicing through the projectile sword, shattering it in two before both halves exploded behind him.

He let out a breath, then his lips curled up in excitement again.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, shinobi," He said to Sosu, "I'd love a little of both."

His gaze shifted to acknowledge Sento, but even as the shinobi asked him questions, the man flexed his blade arm. He was swinging the weapon through the air as if only half paying attention to the line of conversation.

"Sorry, I would but... the fight is already 2 on 1, isn't it? If you can't beat me with that advantage, it isn't a true kill is it?"

He got into a fighting stance, his katana held in both hands, his stance centered to keep both of them in front of him.

Somewhere in the distance there was a heavy explosion, it rumbled valley they were in.

"Oh, listen to that. Your friends might be in trouble. Don't know if you have a lot of time to spare. Do me a favor boys, try and kill me."

merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump