iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #41
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

Jiro looked among the survivors that were there.

"As of right now, the only information that we have is that we are sealed off," Jiro said with a flat and unblinking face, "If you were thinking of using shunshin to leave, I wouldn't recommend it. Another went, and as far as I can tell, he is dead now. There are enemies on multiple levels of the building, but if I had to guess, this area is the primary target. Which means that their assault, is pointless."

Ryosuke sat himself up, looking a little less 'on the edge of dead'. He shook his head, "You know, besides all the people that might get hurt out there. I'm sure they see it a different way."

Jiro looked at Ryosuke, but didn't seem to recognize the comment beyond that.

"If we stay here, they will either leave eventually, or outside assistance will arrive."

There were whispers among the other scientists, one word echoing with worry, 'eventually.'
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:29 AM   #42
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy
 
Seikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nakatomijo
Posts: 1,894
Default

Of his kage bunshin, only one managed to make it down into the next level with the rest of the group. Yase, having taken another hit, was again in no condition to fight. The clone assisted him down the hallway and ushered some of the scientists with weaker constitutions (including one who intended to treat Yase) into the room that Jiro pointed out.

Daisuke proper tried to take in the detail that he could in the low light. Seals dotted the walls--it was unclear what they were for, exactly, but Daisuke had a few guesses. What mattered more, though, was their next move. Jiro had confidence in their current position, despite admitting that they were basically trapped like rats. On the other hand, Ryosuke believed that they needed to fight back.

"How can you be so sure that they won't get down here?" asked Daisuke, struggling with his own skepticism. "Suppose they do--what exactly is this 'archive' they're after? What are we actually defending? Why?"

He worried that by archive, they meant prison--Daisuke was aware, but did not know the specifics, of some sealing method that the Saints possessed to bind and transport specimens for further study.

It was frustrating. The chance to flee had long since come and gone. Depending on some ambiguous 'outside assistance' did not seem like a very attractive option--Daisuke figured that a lot of their 'assistance' had already been dealt with by the raiding party above them. It seemed only fair that Ryosuke spill the beans, if this was to be their last stand.

Can't stay down here forever...
__________________

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE



AP: 22

Last edited by Seikon; 12-17-2018 at 09:56 PM..
Seikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #43
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

Jiro looked at Daisuke as he asked his questions, blinked once, then looked at Ryosuke.

Ryosuke grinned, "Unfortunately, the full details are classified. Above your grade, if you will."

Jiro walked further down the strange hallway, pointing toward the far end with the double doors. The elaborate seals on them seemed to shift occasionally.

"This is the first level of the archive," Jiro began, "but beyond there is a deeper warehouse, one that would be... dangerous to unleash."

The other scientists in the room seem just as perplexed by this revelation.

"This space is used for delicate experiments," Ryosuke said, glaring at Jiro, "More than that, this level and those below store many items that are found in the field. Which means that our friends outside are likely looking for something abnormal, eldritch even. If they are willing to go this far, then I don't want to know what they are looking for."

Another rumbling came from the hall, over by the door. Everything rattled, but it seemed like the door still held. Whatever they were using to keep it closed was holding, for now.

Jiro shook his head, "What is down here doesn't matter. The seals holding that door won't fall before this whole building does. We are absolutely safe unless..."

There was a series of approving beeps at the door, and then the sound of it sliding open.

"Unless they get the director's keycard." Ryosuke grunted.

A massive cloud of smoke filled the halls, spreading out until it started to encroach on the room they were holed up in. But a glowing seal appeared over the open doorway, and the smoke stopped short as if pushing against an invisible wall.

"We need to make sure they do not breach the lower floors." Jiro said with a matter of fact attitude, walking through the barrier and into the hall.

There were heavy footsteps outside, the familiar sound of a certain stone shinobi. But there was another pair of footsteps with him.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:48 AM   #44
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy
 
Seikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nakatomijo
Posts: 1,894
Default

The booming footsteps of the rogue stone-nin echoed beyond the threshold, accompanied by a much lighter set.

"Looks like it's time for a field-promotion. Hate to break it to ya pops, but my guess is that they have that key already... go ahead and fill me in, but make it nice and slow."

Or, Daisuke thought, they have the director here to open for them. Or the director's a turncloak. Or...

He tried to think more rationally than that. It wasn't easy.

Yase and I sent some broken bits of... something back here.

Hell's Shepherd, he'd named it. That was several weeks ago. He wondered what else the Saints might have chained up in the lower levels of the basement. He wondered just how many Saints there were... surely they'd collected as many living samples of specimens as dead ones. Or maybe it wasn't some fell beast they were after at all, but some sort of relic? Probably more trouble than it was worth hanging on to, but he doubted he could convince Ryosuke or the rest of the Saints to surrender.

Another bang from above shook the building through to its foundations. Daisuke hoisted his weapon off his shoulder and twirled it in his hands a few times to shake out the jitters.

"And I don't plan on it for what it's worth, but if I do die here, make sure my body makes it back to Sand."
__________________

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE



AP: 22

Last edited by Seikon; 03-12-2019 at 05:12 AM..
Seikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:27 PM   #45
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

Quick Clarity Post

Out in the hall, as the dust settled, was the bulky Stone nukenin with his mark and all. But alongside him was a much smaller person, hiding behind a plain face mask. Their eyes shone through the holes, each one golden, their hair a loose white.

The masked figure didn't seem to care about the possible incoming fight, and just continued on down the hall toward the far end, heading toward the large doors at the end.

merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #46
Wess
Alpha Twink
 
Wess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: work
Posts: 1,803
Default

“That didn’t take them long.”

Junichi cast a cursory glance towards Jiro and Ryosuke before taking up a position next to Daisuke. Unlike the Suna-operative, however, he drew no weapon. Instead, he reached down touch the floor as green lines crisscrossed in front of them, coming just short of the barrier. Rather than form the Hen’iki, the chuunin had expanded personal territory through touch, giving him a wider berth of range at the expense of not being able to control as much weight at a time.

He stood back up, raising his body slowly, with his eyes locked on the entrance as he waited for the smoke to clear. Despite the director’s keycard being in enemy possession, it appeared that the Saints had another failsafe. Perhaps in case the director tried to pry too far into the Saints’ teachings. It was an interesting thought, what with the Saints technically being independent of Kusagakure’s control.

As the smoke cleared, Junichi caught sight of their previous adversary, though with him was a new player. Junichi looked towards Daisuke this time, inhaling a sharp breath before he spoke.

“The one in the mask, I’ve seen him before. He was responsible for raiding the Grass museum not too long ago – he had a team of bandits with him.” He turned his gaze towards Ryosuke this time. “And I suspect that he was the one who called the EKD in, not only to try and incriminate me and the others for his actions, but also to cover his escape.”

Moments later, he was looking back at the barrier, readying himself.

“I’m not too sure who he is, but he used genjutsu and wax ninjutsu against me and the rest of the response team. He’s the opposite of the Iwa-nin – much more evasive. When he made his escape, he used something that looked like a Shunshin technique, but with blue flame.” He took a deep breath. “I’m more worried about him than the other.”
__________________
Available for registry checks, just ask!
If you need character sheet edits done, let me know!

Ratings Moderator / Ame no Kuni Primary / Kaze no Kuni & Hi no Kuni Secondary / Maeda Clan GM
Itsuki Hana ~ Shinshi Junichi ~ Renchishin Ume ~ Maeda Kazuhiko ~ Aoyama Sudao ~ Honekaigi Kasumi ~ Shichou Amane ~ Kawaguchi Takumi


AP / Swaps
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #47
merdle
Fusion Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 6,348
Default

OOC: Going to clarify layout a little here. The barrier is between your side room and the main hall. Sorry if that was confusing.

Ryosuke looked to Daisuke, "Don't look at me. There is a whole lot down there they could be after, your job is to stop it, period. Don't need details kid, except to know it wouldn't end well for anyone."

After the two enemies appeared, the Stone-nin showing up first before the Masked figure walked past him without much of a care, Junichi filled them in on his previous knowledge.

Jiro nodded, making a seal before a staff grew out of a seed in his hand. He took up a combat pose, pointing it toward the door. "The masked figure has been a subject of interest."

Ryosuke stood back on the far end of the room they were in, giving their enemies plenty of space while beckoning the other scientists to do the same.

"Don't have too much fun," The masked figure said in a composed voice, "we are almost done here."

Dokoban the stone-nin noticed them as the smoke cleared out, and his grin from earlier returned. He cracked his knuckles, but waited outside their protective cell.

"So this is where you worms are hiding, huh? You going to come out of there, or do I have to break through this too?"

The man in the mask kept walking down the main hall. He didn't pick up his pace, or stop to engage in the fight that was happening. He paid no mind to the seal on the individual rooms, and headed toward the far end.

Jiro blinked, and then charged Dokoban with his staff held forward. His strike passed through the barrier with ease, a flurry of strikes that Dokoban backed up and dodged one by one until he caught the last one in two hands, pulling Jiro out of the sealed room and tossing him into the hallway where he smashed against the opposite wall.

"Next?" Dokoban said.

merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump