iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #21
Kapeesh
King Koopa

The feedback Kojirou received from the genin was rather vague, but it was enough to lure Ryu away from his intended interrogation target and back to the estate. The jounin knew that the man was about to recover and be back to perfect health, or just shaken at most. So he quickly ran towards the motionless man on the ground and sent a swift foot to the man’s face, knocking him out. Ryu hoped the man would still be there once the action was over. He needed at least one person alive and coherent by the end of the battle.

The jinchuuriki quickly sprinted back towards the estate where he left his teammates and spotted a single guard at the door. The guard spotted the approaching shinobi and pulled out his sword, preparing to duel with a demon, but it ended up being more of a slaughter than a duel.

In mid sprint Ryu pulled out his cleaver from his back and took a single horizontal swing with his right arm as soon as his opponent was within range. It was a predictable and easy to dodge move coming from a huge sword. The swordsman didn’t expect to hit with that strike, but it was just to initiate the fight between the two. He was going to end the man with a counter-attack.

The opposing swordsman attempted to stab Ryu was a forward lunge but instead of dodging the jinchuuriki simply grabbed the incoming sword with his left, armored hand while he slashed downwards diagonally with his cleaver, sending it towards the enemy’s neck with more menace than a guillotine. The cleaver made contact, effectively splitting the man into two uneven halves and spraying the door behind the man with a lot of blood.

Ryu then channeled some chakra into cleaver and left hand using the teachings of Ryuujin-fu. He was about to enter a dark place and the flames were an asset to both Ryu and his teammates. He realized being on fire made him an easier target, but he wasn’t worried about his own safety from a few thugs. The mission was all about the owners of the estate.

As soon as the flames were lit the burning swordsman kicked the door open, illuminating the entrance for all to see. The jounin more than a handful by himself but at that point the bijuu within him had been awakened. He felt a little boost in power a refreshing feeling that made him even more dangerous, but he was still in control. Even though Hamza was awake, he was still in a very dormant state and no one around would realize that anything had changed with the jounin thanks to the effects of his special gauntlet. The only thing that would possibly be noticed is slightly increased aggression and a bit of extra oomph to Ryu's physical prowess, but then again no one around knew the jinchuuriki well so there was nothing for them to compare to.

Everyone okay?

OOC: Using bijuu + being attached twice = Ryu at 20 drive right now therefore bijuu is now "awakened" and gives +1 to all taijutsu levels.
Techs used: Flaming sword swap in conjunction with Shounetsu [Inferno] ryuujin fu special technique

Last edited by Kapeesh; 04-22-2017 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #22
Mizu
just a mizu without a jazz

----------
The campfire crackled, embers floating around like burning fireflies. The smoke is low and solid, a testament to the tired winds that had long since rested. Orange light flowed on his skin. He turned his face and pushed platinum hair from his face, smiling broadly. "There are so many things I would change, have done differently, I mean. But when you were in the hallway, something came over me. Perhaps I'm just a tired jounin looking to settle in the sensei route, but you fired me up." He spoke freely when he could. It was cathartic to be honest sometimes. "I felt a rush when you warned me and protecting Habesobi-hime... I was faster. Strangest thing."
------

The sickle flew toward him and Yuri smiled. For some reason his muscles moved with finesse, the coordination his mind normally attempted, but his body conditionally limited. He felt like he was made of molten gold, luxurious and exquisite. He felt powerful. He felt important. His arms reached for the longbow as he stepped up from the shadows and gained a perspective on the area. They were safe, but someone was attempting to take the young regal girl. Whether that meant body or life still remained to be seen.

He launched an arrow straight into the sickle's groove where it connected to the chain, changing the trajectory into the soft wood of the exposed rafters above. Yuri grabbed the chain and pulled hard sideways, allowing slack on the arrow side but pulling the shinobi off balance.

In his hand was a single kunai. There wasn't much special about the kunai.

It was what was on the kunai that the attackers would find interesting. While Yuri was busy healing, he was already busy creating an antidote to the poison, the poison that had caused the woman to sweat and lay stoic and solid. Her blood pressure had been so severe that Yuri was afraid her arteries were split down the middle. If Yuri couldn't fix her, he would need to begin a regimen of medications to heal her.

Well, she was stable now. She didn't need this.

He stuck one of the attackers in the flank, solidly hitting the emptiness below the ribs and above the small intestine. With a little wiggle he could have hit a kidney, but he didn't need it anywhere but in an area where some small veins could "whoosh" that drug back to home base. Almost immediately the man dropped his arms, stumbling over the loose chain before him. In a few seconds his blood pressure would drop so quickly that his brain wouldn't pump enough to keep it going. He would essentially hit a snooze button and have a half/half chance he'd wake up.

Yuri didn't need people alive to have them play along. In fact, dead enemies were easier to deal with. You don't have to interrogate someone. When they're dead, they don't sob loudly and say, "If I told you, you'd just kill me anyway!"

Yes. He would.

"Down," he said with determination, moving directly in between the boy, girl, and second attacker. He wasn't fast enough to end the opposition's life, but his speed, his amplified speed, carried him in the way. His bow caught the brunt of a short sword, metal framed sliding the blade to a central grove and aiming bar.

"Sorry, Up," Yuri grunted, holding the blade in place. His arms were starting to burn. This hurt. "Up. Up for you, Kugo. Up, up, up!"

Kaori|Koushou|Tsuneo|Yuri|Kei|AP|Swaps|Items|Database

[[Jadartan]]

Social Media Moderator for Engi.
#MEGA

Last edited by Mizu; 04-23-2017 at 12:38 AM..
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #23
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Caught in the moment, Kugo could only feel the grip of Habesobi Jun'ko's tiny fists gripping his carry-all with all her might. Her breath was brushing on the back of his neck, an annoyance that Kugo only just realized he did not like. His shoulders clenched upwards in the near darkness, and an arrow flew through the air to cling to a sickle, sending it upwards at the ceiling. The action in his peripherals, where Yuri still moved faster than the darkness itself, distracted Kugo.

He barely felt the shortsword's force let up on his gold knuckles, whose wooden outer layer was rebuilding itself with his chakra. The initial assailant moved his arm back, to free his sword for another attack. And Habesobi Jun'ko whispered in his ear, "Kugo!"

Things were happening way too fast for the poort boy. For his first mission on the field, he was really quite overwhelmed. Not only was the pretty girl whispering sweet nothings in his ear and breathing on his neck, but a man with a sword was trying to gut him, and the weird, beautiful tall man was wielding a bow in close combat, and a walking fireball burst into the hallway from the front door with a sword taller than Kugo, streaked with blood. "What the hell is happening?!"

He hadn't meant to say it outloud, or completely fail to hear Yuri's warning, but he thanked the gods of fire and war for Yuri's quick defense against the kidnapper's second assault. The two weapons locked in combat had bought Kugo a moment to breath. And in a breath, he shrugged Jun'ko's hands off his backpack, dropped a gold knuckle and produced a kunai from the pocket of his sweatshirt.

Up for you, Kugo! Up, up, up!

The commands sung sweetly in his hear, and the genin felt himself embodied by the command, because his life was so clearly in danger. He lunged forward at the sword and the bow and the man who had just moments ago tried to stick him.

The young man's war snarl broke out through the estate with great animalism and little care for the quiet intricacies of shinobihood that his family had trained him in. His kunai knife found purchase in the soft spot between collarbone and shoulderblade, while his lungs shot out in pain, perhaps the original source of his war shout.

His lunge had, in an act of carelessness, pushed his lower abdomen onto the shortsword that was being held at bay by the bow. As his knife cut off the lifeforce of the assailant, his enemy's sword dug into his side by a few inches. He wasn't sure how deep it went, or how much his dedicated eating habits and ever-remaining baby fat had protected his vital organs, but he knew it hurt, even as the man in the face mask fell to the ground, taking his sword with him, out of Kugo's stomach.

"Aaaaaaaah! Dammit, it hurts!" Kugo fell to the ground himself, his knife left in the man's neck, his free hand rushing to the open wound. He didn't just sit on the ground, but rather leaned into it, his backpack on his back keeping his body from going completely linear. He heard the young woman above him gasping, holding her hand in front of her face.

"He's bleeding!" She sounded so worried. But Kugo could only remember the feeling of her breath on his neck.

"No shit!" And with that, Kugo screamed another scream into the otherwise quiet hall. He had no mind to think about the man coaxed in fire at the entrance of the estate, or the fact that he had forgotten the name of that noodle spot his brother had told him about in Teitetsu. He'd have to eat there on the way back, if he made it.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 04-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #24
Kapeesh
King Koopa

It turned out that Ryu’s flashy entrance was a rather pointless one. He moved ahead to get closer to the fight but he ended up only witnessing its conclusion. The leaf shinobi were the ones to emerge triumphant, as expected but it turned out the Kugo managed to picked up an injury. He was bleeding as Jun'ko so obviously stated. The swordsman couldn’t really tell how serious the wound was but it wasn’t his job to do so since a medic was present.

The jinchuuriki extinguished the flames on his body and on his sword. They were no longer needed and he didn’t really want to accidently ignite anything that didn’t need to burn even though he was quite capable of extinguishing fires even if they weren’t a direct extension of his body or abilities. The jounin noticed that the only person injured around there was the genin so as far as he could tell the mission was going fairly okay.

Yuri, make sure Kugo’s fine.” He calmly ordered his partner. “I have unfinished business with someone outside.

The swordsman put his sword onto his back again as he walked towards the well where he encountered the first thug. Just as Ryu walked next to the man’s unconscious body, he noticed that he was starting to wake up. Perfect timing. The thug seemed disoriented and sort of out of it, until he noticed the jounin who knocked him out. Panic could be seen clearly on his eyes.

“Shit! Get away from me you freak!”

Apparently the man was still shaken from Ryu’s bijuu chakra, which was a good thing. The man was already frightened so that made things much easier for Ryu. A scared man was far more likely to give away information than a confident or calm one.

Without saying a word, Ryu placed his armored hand on top of the thug’s soldier, right next to his neck. He squeezed a with a fraction of his strength, but it was more than enough to cause the man to squirm in pain.

Who sent you and why are you here?” Ryu questioned with psychopath-like calmness.

Unfortunately the man didn’t so Ryu added a little more pressure and extended the claws from his gauntlet, digging about an inch into the thug’s skin, drawing some blood and inflicting additional pain but he still didn’t talk, which surprised Ryu since his adversary seemed ready to break earlier.

Fine. Have it your way.” He said with a shrug, still monotone and calm.

The jinchuuriki let the man go and took a single step backwards. He was going to show the man that he really was a freak and something that needed to be feared. The jounin started to grow a pair of wings on his back and his arms started growing thicker while his hands grew claws. He also sprouted a long, thick tail while his face started to shift, changing into a dragon’s face. Kojirou really looked like a freak show and the thug clearly looked intimidated.

Talk.” He spoke again with the same composure as the previous time.

OOC: drew blood with demon bound weapon which got me 30 drive. Then used Bijuu Shift which makes it 25 drive.

Last edited by Kapeesh; 04-26-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #25
Mizu
just a mizu without a jazz

Yuri rolled the deceased man over, leaving him face up. Instinct told him to press his hands on the man's skull and view his memories for information but the stench of blood alerted him to an unfortunate situation. Apparently the genin wasn't going to grow up to Hokage because he decided to step in the way of a blade and try to deflect it using his squishier bits.

"Troublesome," he groaned loudly, pulling Kugo's shirt up to inspect the wound. "Did you have to go and get so injured?"

His hands were already vibrantly green, knitting the flesh together slowly. Small capillaries reached out like tiny roots growing in red mud. Blood decoagulated and seeped back into exposed muscle. Yuri didn't have to diagnose Kugo to know that he was lucky his internal organs were mostly untouched. There was a small nick on his intestines but it was mended within a few seconds.

"Getting stabbed in horrible. What if you got sepsis? How could you possibly prote--"

Yuri stopped. There was only one man on the ground. They were missing a man.

Kugo had a scab on his side that would fall off in a few moments. Yuri had expended energy in the fight and subsequent healing. The hallway was still dark.

"Where is the girl?" Yuri said firmly. "I thought you were holding her. Where is she?"

Where the man was formerly laying was a large carcass of a dead coyote. Yuri had turned away from the body to heal Kugo, which was a mistake. Somehow in the heat of the moment that man that had been dosed with Yuri's medicine awoke and made off with the girl. Or there was an accomplice. This had "shinobi" written everywhere. Off to the side the front door squeaked slightly as it slowly began closing, a single leaf floating in the soft light towards freedom.

An out of character gleam flashed across his steely eyes.

"WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?"

Kaori|Koushou|Tsuneo|Yuri|Kei|AP|Swaps|Items|Database

[[Jadartan]]

Social Media Moderator for Engi.
#MEGA
Old 04-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #26
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

"Nonono, please I swear, I swear, we were just here for the girl, please, no, I don't wanna die, just save me from the demon, don't kill me please, I don't wanna die, we're just here for the girl, I don't want to. Please!!!!" The man in the dark red assassin outfit pushed himself back through the black mud and the wet, healthy grass into a bush where he fashioned himself a throne, a throne of pain and fright and desire to live, where he stared up, into the demon of Konoha, the wilting flower bouquet that was the vicious power of Hamza, the Dragon Bijuu.

"Please."

- || - || - || -

"Pleeeeease!!" Kugo clutched hard at his nearly closed wound. He clenched hard at his swestshirt and the hole that the short sword had produced. His nerves scrambled through his body, reaching for something that didn't thrum with pain. They rested, at long last, in the young boy's legs and the vibrant royal red boots that tugged at the veins of Kugo's ankle. His appendages twisted in pain until Yuri's green chakra coursed their completion through his body and the boy relaxed against his over-full backpack and he relaxed into the accessory.

Yuri's shouts tried to break his focus on his sudden relief from pain, yet they were barely successful, until his ear drums rang high with the orders. His head turned lazily over towards the coyote corpse that was mere feet from his head. It wasn't gruesome as much as it was tranquil and clearly dead. He would have faded out Habesobi Gun hadn't been rushing through the halls towards the shinobi and the dead body.

"What has happened?! Who was hurt?! What where those screams?!?" The ramble ended as his wooden sandals clacked within range of Kugo's prone body. "Where is my daughter?!"

The cocktail of anger, sadness and worry met Kugo's heart with a pang of guilt.

"I... I don't know!" It came out as a half shout and ended as a defeated sigh. Kugo had no idea what had happened. He had been so overwhelmed by the two kidnappers that had so clearly outdone his training that when he had felt the stab of the sword, he had thought that he had earned an excuse for his incompetence, that he had earned himself a means out of trouble.

"My daughter!!! Aaaaah! The coyote!" Habesobi Gun rocked the very walls of his estate with his shrill shouts. Kugo felt the man's quake through his body and felt his guilt sink into the healed pain of his left abdomen. "The coyote! This is war waged upon my house!"

The man collapsed against Kugo and the dead coyote in the hallway. His body shook with sobs, and Kugo found his mind wandering to a line in his initial mission assignment scroll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scroll, Half-Remembered
The Habesobi's clan crest and animal is the coyote. Please offer deference to the lonely predator when you arrive, to show your loyalty and servitude to the Habesobi house.
- || - || - || -

"I swear! We were just here to watch!" The man was speaking through sobs of unshakable fright. He gripped the rough green leaves of the berry bush he had sunk into. Kojirou Ryu hadn't ushered a word upon the lowly man's sink into the foliage.

"Yoshibo-sama ordered we come here. He didn't say there would be shinobi or DEMONS!!" The man in red wasn't even shouting at Ryu, but rather shouted at the world about his misfortune. Their suicide mission had simply been a mission, and the man's absurd failure was the sort that would only promise utter death at the hand of Warlord Yoshibo. He pleaded, not at Ryu, but at a god he had long ago forsaken, for pity and a chance at a life he figured he would never have.

"We wanted to crush his family without killing anyone. We wanted him to surrender. I never wanted to die!" It was only now that the man revealed himself as a young man, a boy really, stuck in an older teenager's form. Shaped by war and warlords, he had the emotional certainty of a toddler, and a great sensitivity for the pains and fears he now faced, with a demon of dragonlike proportions weighing over him.

"We were only to issue a warning!"

- || - || - || -

"We are doomed! This is a war I can never fight!" Habesobi Gun clung to the pelt of the dead coyote with all his might.

Kugo, meanwhile, stirred from the relief of Yuri's healing chakra.

"I'm..." Kugo took a deep breath. In that moment, he did not know how he felt. "I'm so sorry. "

He had disappointed the Habesobi clan. He had disappointed Yuri. He had disappointed his family. But why should he give a damn?

"I really wanted to protect her!" Kugo's hands twisted around his sweatshirt. His guilt was ripping his conscience to shreds. "I don't know where they went! It all happened so fast! They were gone!"

"Save her! Go after her!!" Habesobi sung out at Kugo. His throat ripped against his insistence. He was afraid more than he was angry, but his anger rippled through his shaking body. "Save my daughter, that is all I ask! You are a Gyousou, you must save her! Konoha owes me as much! Aaaaahhh!"

The man fell into the dead predator of the forest. His sobs wet the wiry fur, met the ears of every servant, made moist every splinter of wood. Kugo felt a chill through his body. He felt healthy, normal, and nervous. He was ready to get up and run. He felt a deep desire to do right by a man who might lose his daughter.

- || - || - || -

"He's waiting. He's only in Kasobi, in the mountains. He wants surrender as random. Please! Don't kill me!" The boy shifted, from a fearful lean into a dedicated lean into surrender. The red uniform of Warlord Yoshibo melted into the forest, a traitorous patch of sanguine surrender against the royal green of Kuma no Kuni.

- || - || - || -

"Yes. Yes. Absolutely." Kugo had no idea where his resolve came from. He pulled himself up and didn't even bother to dust himself off. He grabbed at whatever part of Yoshiyuki there was to grab. His eyes pled for help. He knew not what to do, only that he would do anything to do it.

"We'll do anything you need."
To be continued.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Last edited by Based Kiba; 04-30-2017 at 06:31 AM..