iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Default [Calamity] Business in the Front, Fist in the Back

OOC: Figured I'd kick this off! Journey to Wheat! The folks who comin', come along--Fist Airlines departing shortly! Sanshiro's inventory remains a katana and the trusty shinobi kit!

~~~

You sure this the smart thing to do? Maybe we could prepare some more...?

Haven't you been payin' attention? It's the apocalypse baby--the time for planning has been passed!

Ain't nothin' left to do but fuckin' do it to it and shit!

Well...you ain't wrong.

Was that arrogant? Probably.

Did he have an ego? Definitely.

But did he also think that he'd have much better luck actually heading to Wheat than readin' whatever these backwater, mountain ass, hick ass monks and priestesseses could give him in their old ass musty libraries? For certain. Fuck the library.

Overrated, over priced if you asked him.

Still, the Eagle Boss Karai and the Stone Jounin Kiyama Masami had left him with some basic ideas--he needed to go to Wheat, he could depend on the Eagles fully and most importantly the nature of the handle he was going to Wheat to receive. An enchanted hilt capable of controlling fate itself.

Fist had been born a Sanada in Leaf, luck had never been on his side--this really wasn't any different. Fate could kick rocks and take the libraries with it, if you asked him.

And yeah, I get it, nobody did.

The plan that he had presented in the initial meeting was a simple one--go there and straight up ask the merchant for the hilt, uh, straight up. And if he said no? With the world at risk? Well...fire usually was a much more reliable negotiator than a honeyed tongue...

But maybe that was mostly due to the tongue that was being honeyed. Chakra over charm had long been a creed of his...for better or worse.

Arrogant and egotistical as he was, he knew there were other people around and he was sure that they would want to come along, at least for the illusion of diplomacy. Fist was willing to try that route but he was also fairly confident that at the end of the day...

Well, not a problem he ran into yet that couldn't be solved by hand seals.

Tell that to Aburame Tetsumi...

Shaddup Me!

Speaking of which, as he stood in the same courtyard he had been a few hours prior where he had summoned the Eagle Boss, he flew through familiar hand seals--inhaled and then exhaled into the sky with fifteen individual balls of flame that etched out letters in the air as they exploded with distance.

H E A D I N 2
W H E A T ! ! !

He figured the people that needed to know would get the message.

Jutsu Used: Stage 5 version of Housenka to create 15 fireballs that become the letters in the message in the sky. Fourth of July in Konoha wildin'.

4/5 left for Stage 5 usages.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Last edited by Bukowski; 12-04-2018 at 02:09 PM..
Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
Bass
Community Moderator

This is the craziest thing you've ever asked me to do, you know that right...?

I know its dangerous and he could die but- Yes I know he's your best friend...

... Ok fine it would suck if he did and neither of us were- and if we could've-

... You owe me one, Lightning Boy.

- - -

"Oh that's very him."

When the burning letters appeared in the sky, Masami knew who was to blame right away. There was only one Shinobi she'd seen on the mountain so far who would try and summon people like that. And definitely one who would save chakra by using abbreviations, only to burn up extra energy anyway making exclamation marks too... As she made the final jump to arrive at the old springs they'd gathered at several hours prior she couldn't help but smile to herself as her suspicion proved itself correct. She jogged across the secluded plateau to greet Fist properly, carefully dodging clear of getting too close to the waters edge just as she had the last time. "Hi. Again. Sort of... Surprise? I guess this is the 'and shit' part of till we meet again, huh?"

This, however, was clearly not the girl he had been speaking to earlier. They were almost identical, it was true, as if each were one of a pair of perfect twins; but it was the details, some little and some more obvious, that gave her away. For starters, her hair was longer, tied into a loose ponytail of curls at the back, though the rest fell across her face in echo's of the bed-head like style the other had worn; not to mention it was missing the blonde streak the original had sported. There were more subtle differences too; less freckles as this Masami hadn't existed long enough to have caught as much sun as the others; scars that were missing and new ones that hadn't been there before, a large one in particular on her arm that seemed to be made of metallic scar tissue caught the light every so often as she moved. And, of course the most obvious; the complete absence of a visible gemstone embedded in her spine - a difference made clear by how this particular Masami's hoodie was too big for her, looking like it had been made for someone Fist's size than one her own, and kept threatening to slip off one of her shoulders if she moved too much, despite her constant adjustments.

She didn't know exactly how he was going to react, and she knew she probably had a lot of explaining to do; even if he'd understood enough of what she'd said in passing at their last meeting to maybe put two and two together, or to at least not be completely weirded out to be greeted by another of a girl he had already met, there was still the matter that he knew she was going after the other sword and so being here was going to be a little confusing. She didn't really want to get into explaining either how she was doing it, or why; not just yet anyway, not with so many other strangers likely to be showing up in response to his call soon as well. Fist himself might have been able to charm her into being somewhat of an open book, but she was still rather guarded about her own abilities in-front of others.

Instead, she sat on the same rock next to Fist that she had perched on hours ago to watch the Eagle and thought back to her farewell of sorts with her other selves. She seemed uncharacteristically nervous, but with good reason; despite the company she was about to be more alone than she ever had been before and though she was still in range of the others at the moment she still felt trapped in a bubble of sorts. She could see them, feel them, in her mind still but at the same time she also felt distinctly separated; a feeling that she didn't like, and one that would no doubt grow as they started travelling and got further and further away from the mountain until the moment she was dreading when she wouldn't be able to feel them anymore at all. She sighed as she looked down at her own shadow, trying to take comfort in the fact that a piece of the original Masami's shadow was in there somewhere, soon to be her only connection to them whatsoever. If this was what being a Knight of the Kiyama was like, it really was not as fun as some of the elders had made it sound...

[Used by Masami-Prime pre-thread - S6: Knight Errant, S5: Jigen no Tobira]
Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
Wess
General Moderator

Gingerly, the form of Sudao rose out of the ground, barely two feet from the clone of Masami. He looked at her with a perked brow, immediately recognizing that the one standing before him wasn’t the original. Adjacent to her was form of the Leaf shinobi that she had gone off with earlier. He gave Masami a telling look as he crossed his arms, moving to face the rock that she sat on. He normally wasn’t one to care what his teammates did in their personal time, but this was different. If only one Masami was here, that meant that the others weren’t going to be in attendance.

“Looks to me like you’re spreading yourself a little thin.” His voice wasn’t necessarily chastising, but his gaze was, particularly as he turned toward the Leaf shinobi again. What he had done was an absolute waste of chakra, but something that Sudao wouldn’t have put past Kaori. Bro-nins, or whatever the new term was that was being passed around, all seemed to follow a distinctive archetype. “When did you give birth to this one? Or a better question is, change her.” He studied the scars for a moment then shrugged. It didn’t particularly matter, though the use of pronouns when talking to any amount of Masamis proved to be immensely difficult.

“The only reason that I ask is because you look fairly new. Definitely not one of the ones that you would normally send out when she’s preoccupied.” He looked over towards the Leaf shinobi again. For some reason, he wanted to embarrass Masami. Perhaps it was because he still didn’t completely trust the Leaf shinobi (not that he trusted anyone) and wanted Masami on the same page, or maybe he was worried that whatever odd romantic thing that the two seemed to have had going on at the Summit was going to prove to be a liability.

He nodded at the Leaf shinobi, finally giving him an affirmation.

“Where are my manners? Aoyama Sudao. You know, if you wind up dating my teammate, you could have four girlfriends. Or two girlfriends and two boyfriends. Which is it these days, Masami?”

AP / Swaps
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #4
merdle
Robot Admin

Ryosuke saw the simple flash above the monastery, and made his way toward it. There was no doubt in his mind that it was the leaf-shinobi, it seemed exactly his style. Then again, in his brief conversations with one of the other shinobi that had made their way up the mountain, it seemed like the boy was possibly trustworthy. Well, trustworthy as in he could be useful. That was all Ryosuke needed to know.

It seemed the Leaf-shinobi wanted to leave one final good impression on the Wardens before they left on their dangerous journey. So be it.

Ryosuke grinned as he got close. It seemed two others were there. One was vaguely familiar, but the other he had only seen in their big meeting with the Oracles.

"I hope you don't mind a humble monk coming along on your way, do you?"

He looked to the others, since he had sort of interrupted everything, and bowed with his hands clasped, "Takeda Ryosuke, again, since it has been a bit since I introduced myself. The Chosen of the Red Mother. I don't expect to be known, my services are needed where those of shinobi aren't likely affordable."

Last edited by merdle; 12-11-2018 at 03:44 AM..
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:37 PM   #5
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Surprisingly it was Kiyama Masami who appeared first after he had signaled with his jutsu...or at least it kind of looked like Masami. Fist may have been a human Labrador but he was still a very talented shinobi, it didn't take long for him to assess that this Masami was different physically than the one he had spent time with earlier.

Why she was curious if I could split and control my body once detached...

Score one for you, you were right about the hivemind bloodline. Interesting. Very interesting.

He smiled at her, he wasn't going to act like it was a big deal at all...by the time this was all done he expected that whomever traveled him would be very much intimate on what a Sanada could do.

"You're an overachiever Sami-chan," he stuck out his tongue, "Still glad to have you wi--"

Before he could finish speaking another shinobi appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Another Stone-Nin and the way he approached and chastised Masami reminded Fist way too much of Shikaro. Just as Fist made that revelation the Stone-Nin turned attention to him and spouted a barb and an introduction within the same five seconds. It was a bit unnerving. It showed in how Fist answered him.

"What?! I hadn't even thought about that! And I mean, like, the more the merrier--wait that makes me sound like a total creep! Ugh! I didn't mean it to be weird, it's just like, whatever, I wasn't thinking about that," he pouted, "I wasn't."

He grimaced and swallowed...

"My name's Fist, pleased to meet you and shit Sudao."

That was a lie.

But before Fist could enjoy anymore awkwardness the monk from the meeting with the Oracles appeared. The monk who had promised the Priestess that he would keep an eye on Fist. Fist hadn't expected Masami or Sudao to arrive but he had expected the monk.

That at least gave him comfort.

"Yeah, good that you don't expect to be known because I ain't ever heard of you or the red chick who chose you," he grimaced, "I was expecting you though Takeda-san, you said you were coming and you look to be a man of your word. I don't mind you coming along as long as you plan to actually help and not just be a baby sitter. Like I said, you look like a man of your word. I'm also one of mine, you'll find."

Alright, too much testosterone. Dial it down a bit Fist.

Fist slipped off his hoodie in one motion, revealing his perfect physique unmarked by battle and age, completely honed by combat and years of Gouken-fu.

He threw the hoodie on the ground and focused his chakra to his back--the bones extended from his shoulder blades first followed shortly by the skin and then brown feathers that matched his hair perfectly. Large Eagle wings, grown at a moments notice. He flapped them for a second and got grinned a bit...

Flying was good stress relief.

"Uh, I guess y'all need a ride too, huh? I'm an Eagle Contract holder, I already spoke to 'em, they're gonna help us out..."

He went through a large group of handseals again and finally ended by biting his thumb to the point of drawing blood. He slammed his hand into the ground and soon a large puff of smoke took the area...and yet another Eagle the size of a house appeared to assist.

This time the Eagle Boss' brother, Shitou. Less steadfast than Karai but pretty much just as skilled...Fist didn't want to summon the Eagle Boss unless it was truly needed.

"Fist-kun! What a surprise," Shitou growled with a tone that suggested it really was not, "I take it you've summoned to help you in battle and not act like a horse drawn carriage?"

"Er...well..."

Shitou was a real asshole. He knew that flying made things easier, why was he being a diva about it.

"Luckily my brother did tell me the situation, I don't mind helping, it is my duty after all."

Thank Kami.

"Er...well, y'all heard the Eagle."

OOC: Wings of the Fist and Kuchiyose Shitou.

1/3 Stage Six left.

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Old 12-08-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
Bass
Community Moderator

"Over achiever?" She looked up from her shadow-gazing, seeming like she didn't quite understand what he was trying to say by it; "Creation itself is at stake, why wouldn't anyone go above and beyon-"

Her thought was interrupted at the same time as Sanshiro's as Sudao emerged slowly from the ground next to them and made his presence known in the typical Sudao way - being condescending. In a cruel irony, for a split second as she'd first noticed his head popping out of the ground she had actually been quite happy to see her friend; facing the end of the world always felt better with someone you were close to by your side after all, and he was part of the reason she had been coerced into going on this particular leg of the mission for in the first place. The warm feeling was of course soon overpowered by Sudaos icy criticism; he too seemed to be implying she was doing too much. Didn't either of them get that when the stakes were everything that it was the appropriate time to give everything you have?

Ok scratch the old deal, Kaori you owe me a hundred for this

"Hey Bestie..."
She replied to his chiding introduction, the words less genuine than they would have been mere moments ago and instead laced with a heavy dose of sarcasm. "You say spreading thin, I say covering all your arses because someone has to - potato, tomato..." She slid down off of her rock as she refuted his assertions, reaching into her hoodie and pulling out one of the research plates about the hilt and the business family that owned it, that she'd made in the library for him to familiarise himself with on the trip, and handing it over. "Been getting all the intel in the archives... Cross examining the Prime Reader with Hayate - you know, the kid from Rain who begged for your help... Getting with an honest to Gods eye-witness to the First Calamity and..." She faux-counted on her fingers as if pretending to be worried she might have forgotten something; whilst out of her shadow crawled an oversized, one-eyed, kitten holding a pair of sealing tags in its mouth that she promptly picked up and let settle in her arms. "Oh, that's right" She added, taking one of the Ofuda seals from Curie and holding it out for Sudao to take and put on. "Working on possible defenses against the very artefact we're trying to get. And meanwhile you're... Oh, just making academy grade jokes about my non existent love life" And not to mention distracting the member of the team that probably had the hardest time staying on task in the first place - She shook her head and looked at Sudao with what seemed like genuine disappointment. Even with his hang ups he should be better than that, especially better than using something as important as her very identity as part of the cheap joke just to annoy her "Grow up. World to save."

At some point during her rebuttal Ryosuke had arrived and tried to introduce himself, only to get quickly sidelined as Fist began to showoff by first growing wings himself, and then summoning the giant Eagle to act as transportation. Still, she did her best to offer him a small nod of respect and acknowledgement through the clearing smoke and the back and forth between Sanshiro and Lord Shitou, while waiting for her chance to put the second of the two seals that her familiar had brought onto Fist; while Curie herself just entertained herself pawing at and rolling around in the leaf-green hoodie that was now just laying haphazardly on the stone.

"Huh, you fly too." She said as she took his arm and tied the hexed tag around his wrist, giving the wings a cursory glance as she did. "Mine're prettier" It was probably intended as a playful remark, but her tone fell kind of flat as she said it. Fist may not have been the source of her mood crash, but his own comment about her trying too hard was just close enough to Sudao's remark that she was over-extending herself that Sanshiro had been caught as collateral in the emotional fallout.

"There." She explained as she finished tying the tag to him. "Invisibility to magic..." It was a severe oversimplification, but it got the general point across and she didn't want to spend too much time on it since poor Fist was the only non mystic present. "If it doesn't know where you are it might not be able to screw you over. So you and Sudao should have some protection now. Ryosuke sounds like he has a patron Kami to watch over him and... Witches have their own ways of annoying fate, so that should be all of us. I hope"

Hope being most certainly the key word - while in theory she was right that if the artefact worked passively and just affected those it sensed coming near to it then being undetectable to nearly all paranormal tracking would certainly help - but if the family knew of a way to use it actively and direct its effects themselves, or worse if the magic was just so old that it outshone anything modern chakra or mysticism could do to protect themselves then the Ofuda tags would be no better than paper... It was a big gamble on her part, but at the same time the only thing she'd found that even had a chance of being useful so she would just... hope.

She scooped Curie up as she continued to tangle herself up in the discarded jacket, holding both the kitten and the offending clothing in her arms, as she leant back on her rock again to see if any of the others had last minute preparations of their own before they boarded the colossal bird.

[Used by Masami-Prime Off-screen: S6 - Hex Seal Technique: Spoiled Fates x2 on Sudao and Fist]
Old 12-09-2018, 05:43 AM   #7
Wess
General Moderator

Sudao watched both the Leaf shinobi squirm at his comments and Masami try to defend herself, a small grin betraying his normally stoic disposition. He reached for the draw string hanging from his partially unzipped black jacket as she offered him an ofuda seal, which he took with his free hand before holding it up to observe. He could sense the tainted chakra emanating from it – Masami had chosen to study the ways of the witch, unlike him and Kaori. Gingerly, he twirled the draw string, amusing himself as his teammate continued to drone on about how much work she had put into preparation.

“Looks like nothing has changed since we were kids. Still unable to take a joke, still feeling the need to prove yourself, and still defensive every time a boy you like gets involved.” He looped the draw string around the ofuda seal for good measure, offering the girl a shrug. “It wasn’t me who asked for your help though. I won’t try to prevent you from accompanying us, well, this version of you anyway.” He turned and watched the newcomer approach before turning his gaze back towards Masami. “You don’t have to worry about protecting me from the artifact though. While you spent your time researching, I spent my time communing with the kami.” Crossing his arms, he turned his gaze down at the girl. “Those hexes and curses that you’ve spent so much time studying won’t work on me anymore. Practicality in this day and age are important, Masami. You should really help yourself before you try helping others.”

He turned his attention to Ryosuke while “Fist” prepared to summon whatever familiar he had formed a contract with. “A pleasure, Ryosuke. I can’t say that I’ve ever heard of the Red Mother, but I’m sure that the kami wouldn’t send us an ill-prepared monk."

When he turned his attention back to the others, the Leaf shinobi had sprouted wings and a rather enormous bird stood next to him. Quirking a brow, Sudao instead simply shook his head and leaped from his position on the ground onto the bird’s back.

He’d had enough with the pleasantries. Wheat Country was a long ways from here.

AP / Swaps
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #8
merdle
Robot Admin

The group of shinobi were definitely, lively. Not that his experience with shinobi would lead him to expect anything different. It seemed like no matter where you found them, hiding from the law in some corner of Iron, or out on patrol for their big villages, they were always eccentric. That was to be expected when people were trained from such a young age to be walking weapons.

He accepted the acknowledgement from the one named Sudao, and the other who was being called Masami. Fist had his own way of saying hello as well, though like before it was more of a front for his own aggression. That was fine, for now. The leaf-nin had no reason to attack, and so Ryosuke had no reason to react. The bridge of what to do if Sanshiro went too far would be crossed when they approached it.

"The Red Mother works through all of us," Ryosuke said, mostly to the Fist, "I'm just here to solve her more... particular needs." He smiled at his own comment. The statement wasn't important enough to last in the nonstop energy of the other three.

Fist forced wings to emerge from his back in what could only be described as a terrifying display of power. Ryosuke lifted an eyebrow at the display. A technique? But there were no seals, and he wasn't giving off the mystical energy of a priest. Maybe, it could be a bloodline ability. Ryosuke had to turn away to stop himself from staring.

Then of course, the summoning. That really caught his attention. A possible bloodline, definitely had a summon contract. This Fist character was turning out more intriguing than he previously thought.

"Quite impressive," Ryosuke said after the summoning was done.

Masami, the kind of familiar woman, passed out seals to the others.

"It does amaze me how open you are with your more, sordid arts," Ryosuke said, "Though I guess there are different taboos in the world of shinobi. As for the Red Mother, it is my hope she has already provided me with enough, but we will find out first hand eventually, won't we?"

It seemed they were going to be riding on giant birds. That seemed, strange, even for an adventure with shinobi. Still, he didn't have many other options. He couldn't expect them to wait for him if he took the scenic route to Wheat. So he walked over to the eagle, and gave a deep bow with his hands clasped together.

"Thank you for everything," He said to the summon, before heading to the back to try to climb on.

A memory flashed through his mind. Last time he had rode a giant bird was in sand, with Sayuri. Another lifetime ago.

"Don't mind me, I don't make a habit of riding giant birds."
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #9
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Thank you Sami-Chan," Fist said politely, "I, uh, appreciates it and shit."

Fist didn't really appreciate it, but he was trying his best to seem polite and cool. Besides Masami seemed to believe this stuff and also be a little miffed at him for the overachiever comment...it was better to remain focused on the task at hand. This blade apparently controlled fate itself, whatever that meant. Fist didn't believe in things like providence or Gods. Chakra was what ruled the land and just because he couldn't explain certain things (like bijuu or spirits or why the Oracles knew his name in the first place)--his ignorance didn't mean that there was otherworldly powers at foot.

Still, he had with him a two shinobi who knew the Miko arts and a Miko who didn't seem to be completely foreign to the language of fists and blood shed.

She ain't named the white or chartreuse mother...the Red one. That means Fire or Blood.

I don't think there exists a Mom on this earth who could outclass me in that department!

Whatever his thoughts on magic or religion, now was the time to be diplomatic and he didn't seek to cause a rift in the group just stubbornly arguing theology. If Ryosuke wanted to pray to his mommy and Masami wanted to pray to her demons, Fist could take the blessing from both. Whatever. What did it count for anyway?

"We ready then or perhaps we should brew some tea? Maybe draw a map by hand? Perhaps we can compose a ballad...?"

"I get it, I get it Regal Eagle, you think this is beneath you and shit--just give it a minute, I'm sure it'll be exciting. Trouble and me are old friends."

Shitou snorted but it shut him up, temporarily.

He waited until Masami got into position and then nodded at Shitou, in a moment they were both in the air, flying quickly and upwards to the sky until they were safe among the clouds. Shitou, for all his boisterous and snide behaviour, had been flying in the skies of this world for generations and the journey to Wheat while long was one that was familiar.

Fist and him retained the same speed, flying side by side, at first it was tiring for Sanshiro but soon they caught the wind currents and it was not so much. He was always amazed at his bloodline and how these appendages went from non-existing to being used as easy as breathing by the Sanada. Now was not the time to be reflective...

Here's to hoping that this family puts the fate of the world above the fate of their fortune...

But who are we kidding?

Are you just being negative so you can be surprised later and shit?

Er...maybe...I dunno...SHADDUP ME!

Don of the Sanada Family
Leaf & Grass Lieutenant

Last edited by Bukowski; 12-12-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #10
Bass
Community Moderator

"Apparently not..." She replied to Sudao, in half agreement that little had changed. Certainly he hadn't, still exploiting the issues he knew she had for his own gain - to cover his own insecurities about not being the most beloved person in the room - just like when they had been children. One of these days she hoped he'd realise the secret was simply just to actually be likeable.

The real tragedy of Sudao was that when they caught him on his own he was... actually rather warm. He was still undeniably Sudao but as the party, the diplomatic incident, and even the bizarre hunt Kaori had taken him on, had proved that without a crowd to impress he was the friend they all knew he could be. But add even one stranger to the mix and... She didn't say any of it though, as insanely frustrated as he made her, she had long since secretly forgiven him. He could no easier avoid acting on his insecurities than she could hers, and it wasn't a fight to have in public.

"Well... good" She nodded almost approvingly as Sudao detailed his new immunity to all her tricks; Curie seemed to take it less well, trying to reach out and bite Sudao as she took her place next to him on the Eagle, to test whether his immunity extended to the physical conjurations that were Masami's true expertise, but she thankfully pulled the mischievous kitten back out of reach before it could make good on the attempt. She understood why Sudao needed to protect himself from hexes, and why he had made such a specific point of being immune to hers. He'd need to be if... when, the black gem finally made her turn; he was the one friend she could trust not to hesitate on that day - as hard as it was to tell from the outside, this was him reassuring her. "That'll come in useful later." She added with a heavy sigh, "On the upside, at least She's not coming on the trip. That's something" Sudao would know who she meant; Keiseki, the Avatar of the gem in question.

"Anyway" She continued as she settled into a position she was a little more confident she wasn't just going to be thrown off of as soon as the Eagle got up to speed, "In that case, you can let Ryosuke have it, or something. Sort it out amongst yourselves before we get there." She didn't really mind which of them ended up with it, or neither, or Shitou, or to save it to put on the Hilt itself so its owner couldn't track it if they ended up having to steal it - all she knew was that she could only summon enough dark kami in such a holy place to enchant two tags and so her first instinct had been to protect the mystical novice Sorry Fist and then her friend; if they wanted to shuffle them around afterwards because they felt they had sufficient protection of their own she didn't mind, so long as in the end more people were protected by something than not.

Once Lord Shitou was safely airborne, and she hadn't fallen off, she turned to the priest and addressed his surprise about how... open, she appeared to be. "Its less a shinobi thing... believe me, there are a lot who really don't like it." Old stereotypes and assumptions were hard to break after all, even if she only ever used her skills for the benefit of the village and country as a whole... and now even the world it was still Evil by simple virtue of involving Yokai instead of Kami. "Its just that our Sensei made very clear as we grew up that we should never have to be ashamed of anything that makes us who we are... so... you know." She somehow doubted that when she first said it, their teacher had meant it about anything quite as grand as light and dark mysticism, it had been more to help encourage Masami and Sudao with the personal discoveries they were making at the time; but she felt it still applied.

She spared a glance behind them once she'd answered, looking back at Fist on his own wings, surprisingly keeping pace with the great Eagle as they soared in unison. Now she was kind of impressed, albeit concerned. "Aren't you going to get tired?" She called out toward him over the currents. They were flying to another country after all, that seemed like a hell of a journey to make under your own power.