iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:25 PM   #21
Virtual Dream
Can See Your Chakra Points

It had to be friends, didn’t it? He raised his hand to ruffle his scruffle and let out a long sigh. The pain of losing one’s home, losing one’s family, losing one’s friends was a pain that Shikagerou knew well. There wasn’t an easy way to express that grief, but lashing out angrily was perhaps the most common. He looked up at the man atop the staircase, who was mimicking his rubble of the stubble despite being clean faced. Underneath the scars, the twisted anger, that cool expression of his - - there was an other human being, just like him.

Those spider-like appendages on his back, consorting with the demon he was collapsed upon, it all reeked of a desperation to strike out against the world. He had turned his grief into motivation.

It was a damn shame that motivation made him an enemy.

The truth of the fall of Yukigakure…

He looked over at Tenzan, gloriously burning, and then back at Sero.

...a secret to most everyone. Konoha’s involvement had been messy, a hand forced from the shadows. Revealing the truth of that matter to the common folk would do nothing for the people of the village.

I understand, kid.” There was a snapping sound and a rush of air as the tension of the Kage Mune broke free. He once again exploded into flame and fire, matching Tenzan’s tenacity with the Ryuujin-fu. “But I can’t give you my sympathies this time. You’ve killed innocent people, too. You know that stain on your heart.

He took his combat stance and prepared himself to launch up the staircase at the Yukigakure shinobi, when Sugimoto appeared quite suddenly from the shadows behind the Snow ninja and his spider pet.

That idiot!

Katon! Ryuuka no Jutsu!

A stream of fire, looking momentarily like the hungry maw of a dragon, exploded from the wounded guard’s mouth, the flame so condensed it streamed out like water, intent on incinerating the pair in a single blow - - but without Kage Mune holding the pair back, then…!

Tsuginori! Get out of there!
¤Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
¤Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
¤Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
¤Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
¤Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
¤Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
Available for Registry Checks
Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Virtual Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:47 PM   #22
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sero listened as his body did what the Nara wanted him to do. The whole situation was looking grim for the snow shinobi, however, there was something that burned inside him that made him want more. That made him want something that no one other then himself could give him. He wanted revenge and it would be with his full heart he received it. The boy he had injured did not seem so different from him and it was almost a cool interaction with the team of leaf shinobi.

Then the release of his shadow commenced, almost at the same time that the previous opponent appeared. Sero wasn’t going to squander such a thing and as soon as it was released and the fire burned directly on his shoulder he disappeared. Without much notice to the situation Sero was already behind the assailant. His metallic arms griping at the innards of the man he once feared.

A large gash erupted from the mid section of the leaf shinobi and the man once called “cremation” was “burned”.

”Well, I would say that was a cold end to a fiery spirit but I didn’t want to give you guys the cold shoulder.” Sero stated as the fire ball erupted into the hallway, melting the ice block behind the two Leaf shinobi.

From the bottom floor erupted a numerous amount of inmates, each vying to kill their captures. From the top Sero was already hard at work forcing the exit closed. Taking a large chunk of chakra and ice, he formed a hyper condensed snowball that expanded upon contact with the threshold; blocking the escape route to the next floor.

Sero was now free to hatch his escape. He went to the designated buttons and released the rest of the inmates, one in particular. A Sennin of Snow would become his ally. A man colder then any ice he had ever met. Sengoku Shira was his name and he would allow the escape. Without much words Sero prepared for what would come next.

Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:46 AM   #23
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

Somehow, the pun was the worst part of everything that happened in the span of that few minutes.

Tenzan could see the shadow break and, for a brief moment, he was absolutely sure how it would end for the Snow shinobi. He refused to surrender, and Tenzan had every intention of capturing him alive--sans a limb or two. All that went right out the window when Tsuginorii appeared again. The timing was absolutely awful; the sennin's control over the intruder broke and Tenzan halted his advance, suddenly having to throw himself out of the way of a violent burst of flames. Thankfully, he managed without catching fire outside of his own, but the sudden reversal created a much larger problem.

A number of inmates had gathered where the huge block of ice stood, and now it was melting. The heat made the process faster than Tenzan would have thought, and he could hear the bloodthirsty chuckles long before his eyes met a few seening exactly two Leaf shinobi that were a direct threat. Some of them had even gone as far as swiping weapons off of the fallen guards.

The chuunin jumped down the rest of the way to the bottom of the stairs as the ice melted and the first wave of inmates crawled through, eager to exact their revenge. "...I'll catch up, Shikagerou-sama." His tone was apologetic as he planted both feet as three inmates rushed him. He drew in one good, deep breath... and then started swinging. The Pain Gate ensured that he didn't feel his shoulder in distress other than the stiffness to remind him that his would was still there. Everything else was obscured by a series of explosions that punctuated several rapid fire blows, sending the assailants flying right back into the flooded hallway.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:21 PM   #24
Virtual Dream

Working hard, ey, Tenzan-san?

Shikagerou gave a firm nod before starting up the staircase after Sero, only stopping for a moment to close Cremation’s lifeless eyes. He came to a stop before Sero’s icy wall, sweat beading around his head from the flames dancing around his limbs. He was growing conflicted about this situation - - of course it made sense to reunite with your clansmen, to want to reestablish your hidden village. It made sense to want to find your old friends again - - but the carnage the shinobi was unleashing in the prison block was fueled by a desperate rage that would burn himself and everyone around him completely out.

What’s worse was Tenzan’s use of the Celestial Gates - - he was known for that little trick, but it wasn’t something he should be relying on. One wrong move and his skin would split, his bones would break, and he’d be defenseless to the crowd, no matter the advantage given to him by funneling them into the hallway to limit their numbers. Warnings for gates usage would fall on deaf ears, though - - the Nara knew the type. Punch first, think later.

Speaking of which - -

This is starting to become a hassle, kid!” He shouted at the ice wall, as he started to thrust a series of flaming punches into it. The ice was magical in nature, colder than it should be, and even with his flames it would take time to chip away at it.

Hokage-sama - - where are you?

Jyuudaime Hokage Shingen Kamui - - clad in the classical vestments of the Fire Shadow - - stood at the entrance of the prison, flanked by a series of chuunin operatives.

“Kagerou-sama and Aramaki-sensei are in there,” one offered shly.

Kamui’s face was drawn in a thin line. “Shikagerou is soft and Tenzan is zealous.”

Beside him, the Seishou Commander was spinning his scythe around his body to let off some nerves. There were a few ballsier inmates around him, cut and wounded but still living. “Did you feel that intense chakra just now? Tenzan is doing his thing.”

The Hokage took a step forward wordlessly - - he wasn’t going to let a teenager do his job.

(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)

Old 08-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #25
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

It seemed like everything was going to plan for Sero and his idea of having his fellow snow shinobi escape. The man in front of him would be considered the most important person and part for his plan to work and it almost seemed unreal as the large man grabbed Sero's shoulder.

"Thank you friend, I remember you. You were a lot younger the last time I saw you but it is good to see another snow shinobi. I think that we need to finish this or else we will be in some serious trouble. I want you to create an escape route for us in case everything goes south. There is no way that your motives and moves have not alerted the rest of the village. We will need to deal with that accordingly." The large man stated as he stepped forward.

With a swift set of hand seals the large man created ten unique shadow clones; each one the same as his own. With that in mind as well Sero created his own five clones. Finally Suro created five clones of his own. There now stood Eleven Shira, six Sero, and six Suro. Three of the spider clones stuck to the top of the threshold within the top of the hallway leading to the fourth floor. Five of the Shira clones began to set free more of the prisoners on the fifth floor. It was going to be a hell of a fight for the next man that walked through that door. Not even the Kage would have an easy time.

Cayuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #26
GranspearZX
Engi's Favorite Old Goat

One would think Tenzan would have been more careful about using the Celestial Gates. After all, his father had died sacrificing himself for his teammates and opening the eighth Gate. The Aramaki family had, in fact, always used them. The truth was, however, that his grandfather never wanted him to learn how. In his desperation to make a good showing during his Chuunin exams, Tenzan had stolen his father's journal and learned how to do it on his own.

Even now, the strain of the Gates was tearing at his left shoulder. He couldn't feel it, of course, but his training allowed him to understand exactly how his body should be reacting, both internally and externally. The immense heat coming off of the chuunin's form was mitigating the sharply dropped temperature from the ice block that had been in the way, and while he couldn't feel the spear wound, he knew it was still here. His left arm eventually fell to his side, more to conserve energy han anything else... Somehow, that didn't make him any less dangerous.

Two inmates rushed at him simultaneously and Tenzan shifted his weight bbackward and then catapulted himself forward, grabbing the smaller one on his left by the shirt. He shifted his weight and pushed him into the second one before he could take a swing--and the glow in his hand intensified for a split second before exploding outward, knocking them both into the wall, unconscious.

How many of these jerks are there?!

For all of Tenzan's endurance training, he didn't really know how long he could hold the Celestial Gates open. Though Aramaki Shin claimed that it could be done, using the Gates for an extended period was never a good idea. Shikagerou's look of concern was certainly warranted, and already, Tenzan's breathing was a lot heavier. The prisoners had no such problem and continued to swarm, leaving the chuunin with very little in the way of breathing room.

All the while, Tenzan could hear a dull, almost ominous thumping in the distance. At first he thought he might have been the cause, but after a minute, he realized it was coming from below him. Something was getting closer. He wasn't sure he really wanted to know what.

Currently [OPEN] to character registry checks.
Currently [OPEN] to item/jutsu registry checks.
Got a Mist question? PM me.

Master RP Thread
GranspearZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #27
Virtual Dream

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

There was a percussive sound that seemed to grow larger and larger every second. Nara Shikagerou turned away from the ice wall he was making progress on, his face beaded with sweat and a furrowed brow, momentarily considering if he should move to the Aramaki boy’s side, just in case - - but then he smiled.

The walls splintered and cracked for a moment as mokuton doors shifted and appeared in the hallway, a series of expertly crafted affairs glowing with kanji suggesting portal, and each slid open revealing a masked shinobi, each mask representing a different animal.

“How’s the holding, Kage-sensei?”

Shikagerou, if you please. Infiltrator above this - -” The Nara tapped his knuckles twice on the ice wall. “Where the primary inmates are held.

The ANBU muttered something and brushed the back of his head, exasperation apparent even without a facial expression. “You couldn’t even stop one gu--”

He was stopped in mid-sentence by a swift, soft backhand into his stomach by his superior officer, a hawk-masked woman. “We have a unit performing a barrier around the lower exits. We will be assisting you with the infiltrator..”

Three other ANBU flanked Aramaki, wordlessly moving alongside him to help with the remaining inmates on the floor. Shikagerou’s flames flickered deep shadows against his exhausted face.

Sengoku’s up there, right?

“We hadn’t finished a prison seal for him yet, either, so if he’s outside of the wards on his cell...”

I’m tapped out for chakra,” The sennin admitted plainly. “Where is - -

“Already trying to skirt this duty, too, Shikagerou?” The firm voice of the Hokage carried with it a certain tone - - familiarity mixed with authority. He stepped out of the mokuton door and glowered over the rest of the Konoha shinobi gathered in the hallway. “More support is inbound. We knew this day would come. The ice.”

One of the ANBU moved as soon as the command was given, a flurry of handseals that impressed even the Nara, and pressed his palm against the ice prison. There was a sheer, white light - - and then an explosion of steamy vapor as the katon immediately dismissed the ice in its entirely.

Shikagerou rolled his head to his shoulders and back and looked over at Aramaki. “Don’t break your arms, kid. There’s gonna be a hell of a lot of paperwork after this one.

The ANBU, the Hokage, and the Sennin started moving their way upwards, flickering at speeds that even the Celestial Gates shinobi could envy.

(swaps [AP] items)
(threads)