iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
Tabaxe

Default [Grass Chuunin] Hiritsuki Ton

Name: Hiritsuki Ton
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9

Character Type: Shinobi

Country/Village: Grass Country, Kusagakure
Division: KISEO - Officer

-----------------------------------------

Physical Description:

Someone looking at Ton while not in uniform likely wouldn't expect him to be a shinobi. He doesn't possess any scars from battle and isn't a bulky or strong looking individual. These people would expect wrong, as Ton's body is a limber one, allowing him his swift and speedy movements. His boring appearance is a planned move, a choice to ensure he blends in and doesn't draw any unwelcome attention. Ton routinely keeps his ash colored hair short and slightly messy, only letting it grow out if he knows he'll be heading to an area where the men have longer hair. The iris' of his eyes are dark and cloudy, looking almost as if he had smoky quartz gemstones surrounding his pupils. Ton, like his father, has a clean-shaven face and tanned skin from spending his days as a child outdoors on Lake Purity.

Clothing:

While on duty, Hiritsuki Ton wears his green-strapped Hitai-ate either across his forehead or tucked away under his loose, wood-colored coat. The coat itself is loose enough to make it hard to read the exact body type of Ton and is typically kept unbuttoned for easy use with Utsusemi no Jutsu. beneath the coat is the dark green flak typically worn by grass chuunin, housing various shinobi tools within its many pockets. The flak is a size larger than Ton, again making his shape hard to read and able to be cast off quickly. Under all of this is a special black skintight battle-suit, developed to look like an "ordinary" one-piece but with the defensive capabilities of usual shinobi armor. To help cover himself, Ton has a pair of loose, gray shorts and black sandals, with a matching pair of gray gloves to complete the look. Finally, on his left shoulder is the 6-pointed silver star that designates him as a member of the KISEO division.

Personality:

Those who are acquainted with Ton know that he is a generally fun and lighthearted kind of guy. Those who know him intimately know this is a lie. When there is something he wants or needs to do, Ton is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal. While being harsh and serious can be the bluntest way to accomplish things, he learned early in life that it takes more than that; people will often respond much better to a welcoming smile than a demanding scowl. While Ton can easily fake a laugh or a smile, he rarely has genuine ones. His only true smiles are when he's with his family, his only laughs from his father's dad jokes.

Nindo; "Way of the Ninja": "Whatever it takes."

Clan/Bloodline: N/A

Primary Archetype: Quicksilver
Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can double his/her Speed stat for one post. This does not include taijutsu bonuses. This cannot be used to instantly hit opponents.
Stat Merit: +2 Speed, +1 Stamina
Stat Flaw: -1 Control, -1 Power, -1 Strength
Secondary Archetype:

Statistics

Physical

Strength: 1 - 1 + 10 = 10 (+6 = 16)
Speed: 1 + 2 + 10 = 13 (+15 = 28)
Stamina: 1 + 1 + 10 = 12 (+6 = 18)

Mental

Intelligence: 1 + 10 = 11
Tactics: 1 + 8 = 9
Willpower: 1 + 9 = 10

Chakra

Power: 1 - 1 + 9 = 9
Control: 1 - 1 + 9 = 9
Reserves: 1 + 6 = 7

Jutsu and Techniques:

Higi no Kagemusha (Wire-Puller's Ritual)
-Stage One (Speed 5, Stamina 3)
-Stage Two (Speed 9, Stamina 5, Tactics 6)
-Stage Three (Speed 11, Stamina 9, Tactics 8)

Futoumeisei Gai Nai No (Those Lacking Opacity)
Stage One
-Utsusemi no Jutsu (Cast-Off) (Control 3, Willpower 2)
-Bougyou (Sabotage) (Control 4, Power 4)
Stage Two
-Kanryousou Gisei (Perfect Imitation) (Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4)

Grass Ninjutsu and Division Swap
Stage One
-Etai Souken (Nature Creation) (Power 2, Tactics 2)
-Kusa Bunshin no Jutsu (Grass Clone) (Control 3, Intelligence 2)
-Bloom (Kaika) [Replacing: Kusa Ni-Doru] (Intelligence 3, Reserves 3)
Stage Two
-Gosunkugi Kusa Tama (Spikey Grass Balls) (Intelligence 5, Tactics 4, Willpower 4)

Grass Genjutsu
Stage One
-Hana no Jutsu (Flower) (Control 3, Intelligence 2)
Stage Two
-Kasugai no Jutsu (Clamp) (Intelligence 6, Tactics 5, Control 5)

Inventory:
1 - Razor Wire
5 - Skintight Body Suit (Body Armor[2]+x2 Limb Armor[2]+Combined[0]+Hidden[1])
2 - Restraints(Handcuffs)
0 - Flash of Creation Seed (KISEO)
0 - Shinobi Kit

Item Points Remaining: 0

Biography:

The Hiritsuki clan is not one that stands out to many. In Kaku, a quiet Grass Country village, the Hiritsuki live their lives as simple fishermen, catching and selling the fish of Lake Purity. Hiritsuki Ton is the child of one such fisherman, Hayato. For most of his childhood, Ton expected to follow in his father's footsteps, frequently going out on the lake with him to hear his stories and learn about life: how to fish, how to tell the time, what the clouds indicated, and among other things, politics. Their village, while on the surface seems like a humble fishing village, actually holds many secrets.

Gambling is big in many parts of Kaku, but illegal. KISEO forces in the town are endlessly on the lookout for such activity but rarely discover it. These factors collectively make gangs a routine thing in the village, which, while great for the hoodlums, conversely means trouble for honest people. As a child, Ton commonly witnessed these gangs going about their business, from drug trades to robberies and even murder. Other children of the village were drafted into gangs at young ages, tempted with money, drugs, or, for the poorer, food. For Hiritsuki Ton, this wasn't a problem; his family lived away from the more dangerous parts of town, and Hayato was an honorable man that wanted nothing to do with such things.

When he was seven, Ton encountered a man who went by the name of Moku. At this point in Ton's life, he had learned that being friendly to people is more beneficial than not, so when Moku asked to come home with and speak to Ton's father, he agreed. The thing that Ton hadn't recognized was Moku was a high-ranking member of one of Kaku's gangs and came to the Hiritsuki residence to offer his protection from other gangs, as their territories were expanding into the area. Hayato refused to pay Moku, being the honorable man that he is and demanded he left. Obviously offended, Moku began to assault Hayato, pummeling him near-death while Ton hid in the corner with his crying mother.

A year later, Ton joined the ninja academy in Kusagakure, pursuing the ways of a shinobi and driven by his goal: to make Kaku a place where the people can feel protected. Although difficult, Ton learned how to fight and mold chakra, and by the age of 12 was promoted to a Genin. Much of his work as a genin involved working with the patrol, and a lot of desk work. While combat wasn't something he saw too much of in the field, his continued training made up for that; now possessing a firm grasp on the basics of ninja work, Ton chose to specialize his weapon training. There are many elaborate weapons and ordinary weapons to select from, but Ton's ultimate choice was an odd one: wires. Even though they are an unconventional weapon to a novice, they are deadly when manipulated by a master, but the particular appeal of wire-pulling for Ton was a distinct thing: they reminded him of fishing line, and thus, they reminded him of home.

When the Kusakage, Daisou Garr, announced that the shinobi forces of Grass Country would be reorganized into four new divisions, selecting to join the Kusa Investigations, Security and Enforcement Office(KISEO) was an easy choice for Ton. By this point, he had been working with the police forces for about 5 years, so it was no surprise when he was accepted into the division and granted the rank of Auxiliary Officer. A change was at hand, and with the upcoming Sakibou Festival, this was for both the village as a whole and for Ton himself.

The Sakibou Festival always generated excitement within Grass Country, and one of the biggest events in it was a tournament meant to test the strength of and show off the strongest genin. In all the prior years, Ton had never considered competing in the tournament, opting instead to keep his identity and skills a mystery to the public. That year, however, was different; due to the recent addition of the divisions and the higher skill levels he had attained through training, he thought it may be beneficial to compete that year, and possibly even fun. Ultimately, this proved to be a smart decision.

In the first round of the tournament, Ton was placed against a genin with an interesting wardrobe. His plan was to not exert too much strength and reserve it for later battles, but the genin rapidly put Ton on the defensive. Assailing him with a curved knife, Ton had no choice but to use his Utsusemi no Jutsu, followed by a Hana no Jutsu once he was secure, seemingly covering the ground with roses. He hadn't planned on going all out, but with the recklessness that the genin was using, he felt he had no choice. Creating a grass clone, Ton maneuvered it so that it was glaringly obvious which was the genuine ninja. Against intelligent shinobi, his plan might not have worked, but this genin had already proved not to be so smart. As the genin charged the real Ton, ignoring and avoiding the clone, Ton pulled his wires taut, tripping and quickly taking advantage to wrap up his foe. This had been his true plan all along: to use the clone to trick the genin to move where he wanted, like a shepherd with his sheep, directly into his trap. With the opponent caught, the match ended quickly.

In the subsequent round, Ton was up against a young lady with a preference for mokuton. While the various wood jutsu she flung were impressive, this match ended quickly. Ton had learned his lesson the first time around and decided to end things quickly, which proved not to be an issue with his superior speed. Alas, Ton never got the chance to meet his next opponent; while waiting for his matchup, the village had been put on high alert due to an apparent jailbreak in one of the countries most secure facilities. Due to the suddenness of the breakout and the vagueness on just how serious this was, Ton's elders wanted no chance for mistakes. Having already proved their abilities, certain genin in the tournament were offered a promotion to assist in the cleanup.

The Grass Secret Prison was the facility in question where the prison break had occurred, and dozens of criminals escaped back into the country. Although sudden, the clean up was handled fairly quickly. The lowlife criminals were no match for the shinobi sent to recapture them, Ton being among them. This was a crucial learning experience for the new chuunin, gaining more combat and field experience in a few weeks than in most of his career up until that point. While this was happening, however, Daisou Garr had stepped down from power, naming Itou Batsu the new Kusakage. Batsu granted the Shinku Seijun, a group of thuggish revolutionists, special military power. This was not the end of change, as Batsu himself was assassinated mere weeks later, and a man called Fukumen came into power. It had been revealed that Garr had been assassinated as well, along with two of the Daimyo, leaving Mamotou Hatsuru the single Daimyo of Grass Country.

That entire year proved to be a crazy one for Grass, but Hiritsuki Ton took it in strides. He was at long last on his way to becoming a detective, someone who would truly have the power to make a change of his own, a change for the better. His prime opportunity for this presented itself in the form of a recent epidemic to the country: a horribly addictive and potentially lethal drug known as Druid's Heart. Ton had witnessed the effects of addictions on a personal level, and he was determined to do whatever it takes to help eliminate this new threat to Grass Country.

Writing Example:

"Hiritsuki? Hiritsuki Ton?" the bored genin was new to KISEO, and this was his week on mail duty. It was a job that no one particularly liked doing, but a job that needed to be done nonetheless; the last time the precinct tried to operate a mailbox system everyone was either too busy or too lazy to check their inbox, causing the room to fill up fast. On the plus side, at least having the recruits deliver mail meant they got familiar with everyone's faces quickly.

"Yo," Ton answered in a relaxed tone, halfheartedly raising a hand to signal his location while raising his cup to his lips with the other. It was a lunch break for some of the officers, but the room was still empty enough for the genin to spot him easily.

"Letter for you sir, dunno who from." the boy handed Ton his post, a small scroll bound with twine, and turned to leave.

"Just a sec genin, got one for you too. And just Ton is fine, no need for formalities," the scroll itself was enough to know who had sent it, and Ton had been expecting it. He pulled an envelope from his pocket, a letter already sealed inside that he had written the night before.

"Sorry sir, I'll-"

"Ton, I insist," he sighed.

"Sorry Ton, I'll be sure this gets delivered ASAP," and with that the boy was gone again, eager to be done with his chore. Ton had another drink from his tea and opened the scroll, careful not to spill anything on it.
Quote:
Ton:
Haha! Good one! Here's one I learned from our neighbors: Why Do CRABS Never Give to Charity?
Because they're SELFISH!
Anyway son, how are things going there? I still cannot believe you are already 18! I remember, when I was your age, I would be sneaking out at night to see your mother, and we would go fishing! Ah, good times. Speaking of fish, we got a new one! I'll never forget how upset you were back when your goldfish died. You remember, his name was Fishy! And he was a FISH!
Anyway, son, be sure to visit us soon. I hope you like the gift!
Love, Dad and Mom
Ton had been expecting this letter for a while now. Every now and again his family would send him a scroll(that old man was so old fashion) and he would reply. For the past few years, they had made it a trend to include a joke with each message, though clearly, his father had misunderstood the joke this time. It's supposed to say shellfish, not selfish! Still, Ton couldn't help but chuckle at his father's attempt; the joke had made him laugh after all.

He pocketed the scroll, meaning to put it away in his dorm after he finished his food. The gift his father had sent would seem meaningless to most people: an old fishing hook bent at an angle. But Ton understood it was more than that. His father kept this hook on display in their house; the hook had been bent by a monster of a fish that no one in the family had ever caught and the kept it to honor the creature for providing such a challenge. Receiving this gift showed that Hiritsuki Ton really was, at least in the eyes of his parents, a man now.

Other Info:
Hobbies: Fish
Personal Goal: Become a detective
End Goal: Make Kaku Great Again™

Thread Ratings:

Last edited by Tabaxe; 02-01-2019 at 12:47 AM..
Old 01-29-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy

Power and Control look like they should both be nine!

Great work on your first character. Fix your stats and this has my Approval pending Merdle/Buko are OK with the biography details.

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 5

Last edited by Seikon; 01-30-2019 at 01:27 AM..
Old 01-29-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
Tabaxe

Oh thanks! I changed those slightly and must've done the math wrong fixed
Old 01-30-2019, 02:22 AM   #4
Wess
General Moderator

Approved, pending Merdle/Buko's input on the biography. Garr didn't step down, he was assassinated, but you made mention of that later in your biography. There's not mention of it in the Grass Info, but I did some reading in the past arcs, and it looks like he was killed and impersonated. You probably don't need to change anything.

Your stats and techs all check out.

AP / Swaps
Old 01-30-2019, 03:12 AM   #5
Tabaxe

Haha yeah it was a lot to read through and I still probably missed quite a bit but from what I can tell, it seems like at the time at least, people thought he had stepped down based on this thread , and only later realized he was assassinated
Quote:
The announcement was a surprise, the public lost until they saw the memorable beard and hair that served as the smiling face of their village. The Kusakage, Daisou Garr, stood at a stage near the stadium collecting any shinobi who had time to listen to his announcement which illicited a shock with its very first words.

"This will be my last speech as the leader of grass..."

The crowd moved to the edge of uproar, shinobi fleeing to spread the news in time.

"...This village has been in my hands for some time now, I have lead her without questioning my station or why I was here, but I was never truthful with my goals. The goal to help this village expand its horizons, widen its view. Yet there is one who knows the vision for grass better then any man before me, was there to see the birth of this village and its cause! A man known as Itou Batsu!"

The crowd did not know how to react, but as Garr began to clap the now enourmous crowd tentatively did so in kind. The warrior made his way to the stage, a murmur spreading through the shinobi in audience as they realized the depth of what they were being told. Garr stepped back, removing his Kage's hat to hand to Batsu who held it instead of mounting it on his hair.

Last edited by Tabaxe; 01-30-2019 at 03:15 AM..
Old 01-31-2019, 08:54 PM   #6
merdle
Robot Admin

Quote:
and by the age of 12 had was promoted to a Genin
Can drop the had.

Quote:
a change for the better..
extra period floating around

There are a few places in your bio that made me wonder if you had slipped out of past tense, but I'm pretty sure it is fine.

I don't know if I like the idea of this boring of a promotion to chuunin, especially when the Sakibou festival (as a means of promotion) is right there. Some kind of catalyst event, or just going through the festival as a participant might be a little better than 'I tested into it'.

Otherwise, this is good. make some adjustments, and I'll be back to approve you.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
Tabaxe

Thanks for the feedback I fixed those grammar issues and changed the wording around for some things. For the promotion, the idea that he had a boring kind of promotion was sort of what I was going for, but the festival sounds just as fun so I went ahead and added some details about some fights and participating in the tournament.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #8
merdle
Robot Admin

Approved then. To info you go go.